-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1][b]1. What do you [as a member] want to see most in a RP?[/b] A strong and original storyline that has the potential to keep my attention. [b]2. What RP rating do you [as a member] usually play in?[/b] I don't even look at the ratings when I join RPs. Well, unless it says "M VLS" or something, while the thread starter is like eleven years old. Then you won't see me joining it very soon. The last time I was involved in the creation of an RP Story, we made it PG. PG gives you enough room to play in and kind of limits the people, so that they won't try to make the RP Stories into a blood bath or one big orgy. Unless you have a very good storyline and it's absolutely essential to use that rating, I'd advice not to use M. [b]3. Does humorous fun outweigh killing and gore or vice-versa? [Come on... be honest][/b] Come on, be honest? Why wouldn't anyone? Humerous fun should outweigh gore in the more fun RPs. Gore should be kept to a minimum. Humerous fun should be found in each post, where gore or violence should not. [b]4. Do you post mainly for RP's whenever you enter the Boards?[/b] No. The the only times you see me enter RPs is when they are either good [i]and[/i] original or when I'm being dragged into it. :)[/size]
-
[quote name='Blair_vampire']this religion is sssoooo judgemental [/quote] [size=1]:whoops: You might want to learn a bit more about how Christians think about Christianity and how the apply the bible to their lives, before being as prejudice as you were.[/size]
-
[size=1]... Medafunk just claimed han ki-tea's character.[/size]
-
[size=1]I thought the movie was hilarious. Sometimes it got a little bit too lame. I don't ever laugh out loud because of movies, but the part where Borat [spoiler]throws down his bag and you hear the chicken squeel[/spoiler] was too good. [quote name='Your Own Mother']Has no one seen this yet?[/quote] Just no one started a thread yet.[/size]
-
[quote name='RiflesAtRecess][size=1][font=arial]Come on guys, stop picking on The13thMan. :-/ [/size'][/font][/quote][size=1]It's a religion thread, what did you expect? It's like entering a pit full of hungry lions, at your own will. You can't blame the lions for eating you if you knew that it would happen when you'd enter the pit.[/size]
-
[QUOTE=HedonismBot][COLOR=Sienna] So God's just a parent who likes to play favourites? Because it hardly seems fair that he'll give his gifts to some and not to others; reveal himself to some and leave others in the dark. You know what I'm getting at; that doesn't make a lot of sense. Assuming, of course, that God is a decent parent and not some asshole deadbeat, like you said.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [size=1]... What makes you think that he gives presents to some people, and leaves others in the dark, as your matter of speaking?[/size]
-
[size=1]The person above me is cool. Just out of curiousity: if you were to [i]live[/i]/[i]move to[/i] somewhere on your own, would you change your religion? [b]Edit:[/b] (If question) [i]If[/i] you live on your own already, why don't you change religion?[/size]
-
[size=1] [b]1. What religion are you CURRENTLY following?[/b] Christianity. I don?t like the idea of putting myself in one of the churches within a certain religion too much, but then I guess I?m protestant. Though I thought that I had my very own ideas about things regarding my religion, I learned later that they were very much alike the ideas of the brothers in Taizé, France. [b] 2. Why do you follow that religion? Parents, personal reasons, etc?[/b] Personal reasons. I?m brought up as a Christian, but I?ve had time enough to think about my religion and figured out that I truly am a Christian. [b] 3. Do you ever feel that people often critisize you because of these beliefs?[/b] Nope. [b] 4. This one may spark a little bit of arguing: Do you believe that your religion is the one true religion? If so provide evidence.[/b] Obviously, or I would not call myself a Christian. I wouldn?t be much of a believer if I said otherwise.[/size]
-
[quote name='only1specialed][COLOR=DarkRed][ SIZE=Way Too Big][ FONT=Hurting My Eyes]What the hell is bollocks..... [/FONT] [/SIZE'] [/COLOR][/quote] [size=1]Wikipedia is your good friend. [[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks]Click here for information about Bollocks[/url]] Though I think the first line sums it up pretty well: [i]"Bollocks" is a word meaning testicles in British English and in Hiberno-English.[/i] Oh no. She said a bad word.[/size]
-
[size=1]No man, it's a metaphore for the happenings in Iraq.[/size]
-
[size=1]The Doom series have the best soundtracks ever. I can't say for sure if the N64 edition has the same soundtrack as the PC edition. Though I must say the Chrono Trigger soundtrack was pretty neat too, not a single game soundtrack surpasses Doom.[/size]
-
What comes to mind when you think of Australia?
Boo replied to drakkeness's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]The first things that come to my mind are kangaroos, some stupid race horse, koalas and James. Mostly the first and the last are connected somehow. Oh, and don't forget those huge trucks.[/size] -
[size=1]That is just a matter of interpretation.[/size]
-
[quote name='Sandy']Finnish Cuisine, on the other hand, has no relation to the Second World War.[/quote][size=1]That's what [i]you[/i] think.[/size]
-
[size=1]Do some people in this thread even notice that the thread is not about normal members posting, but about automated ad-messages?[/size]
-
[size=1][b]indifference[/b], I'm pretty sure he didn't mean a lack of people in the 'Who's Online?' section, but more a lack of amount of posts (posts equal activity on a message boards, pretty much). Which is understandable because this time of year, people actually act like they have lives outside OtakuBoards (you can act all you want, but you can't fool me).[/size]
-
[size=1]Clichés are good and cool. That's why they are used over and over again, making them clichés. Final Fantasy VII was great. Everything fit well together; they used the better clichés and put them all together, plus adding their own storyline and things. Stop the discussion. Ugh. >>;[/size]
-
[size=1]And thus, we went to our Search Engine tool and googled the words "Blood Elf", revealing a rather large amount of images. [img]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/d/d8/Warcraft_Blood_elf.jpg[/iMG][/size]
-
[size=1]Right, I'm certain our piece can't be done by today as much as I'd like it to. Sorry about that. The in-team communication is kind of limited lately.[/size]
-
[size=1]Gaw, yes. I wanted to go to Franz Ferdinand so badly, this summer. So I looked at their site and it said something about the dates being known and ticket sale starting soon. The next time I checked it was sold out already. ; [/size]
-
[size=1]I turned it into 50% it's original size. Here it is: [center][[url=http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9335/kuraiyukianimatedxx6.gif][b]Kurai Yuki's Animated.gif[/b][/url]] [IMG]http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9335/kuraiyukianimatedxx6.gif[/IMG][/center] I hope it's what you wanted.[/size]
-
Your Favourite Kind Of Alcohol [M for drug use, oooooh]
Boo replied to DeadSeraphim's topic in General Discussion
[size=1]Lately I've drank a lot of beer. More specifically: Pauwel Kwak. It is great, though I probably drank it too much the past summer. Malibu with a bit pineapple is nice too, once in a while. [quote name='Swedish Chef']As for me I stick to my bloodline, ABSINTH![/quote] Absinthe is pretty gross. It's just reserved for people who want to show off, by drinking what seems like the urine of the devil himself.[/size] -
[size=1]First of all: I have listened to this type of music. And I'm not judging the song, I'm judging the way it's mixed. Second: You brought up that the soft part is part of the genre, not me. Now you mention that the mixing is just bad because the band is just starting. Make up your mind. Now, I'm going to drop this argument, and if you want to continue it [i]please[/i] PM me instead. [b]Conclusion of the argument:[/b] The vocal recordings are too soft because you guys are just starting. Whoopee. Furthermore, the song is quite nice.[/size]
-
[quote name='Amorphous']Of course David Gilmour uses his vocals as an instrument on Pink Floyd's track Wish You Were Here.[/quote][size=1]Everyone uses their vocals as an instrument dammit, but he does it in a controlled way. He doesn't let the guitar overpower his voice. He sings in harmony with it. Let the instrument part rest, every good artist uses his or her voice as part of the song. But the vocals of this song are just mixed too soft to sound right. They don't sound like part of the song, but like a seperate element that's been stuffed somewhere deep within the song. If that's the point of this genre of music, the genre stinks. Singing in harmony with the music (as if you use your voice as an instrument) is not the same as just recording your vocals and make it so soft that it gets overpowered. Don't be so ignorant. *leaves the thread*[/size]
-
[size=1]The way the vocals are mixed in the song, they are just overpowered by every other instrument. They just fall away in the rest of the song. What made you think I meant 'too low'?[/size]