-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]#1 "Your honour's mother!" [quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]#1: "I say....[I]NO DEAL!!![/I']" [/FONT][/quote] Funnily enough, this whole week I'm to be seen in the dutch Deal or no Deal show. Sitting in the audience that is. I got money for it. :x[/size]
-
[quote name='Cat14']In rock music I dislike Fall Out Boy. In most of their songs I can't even understand what they are saying and when I do understand a little of what they are saying it just doesn't make since when I put the song together.[/quote][size=1]It's obvious what they sing. [url=http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=4430048168587195627&q=dance+dance+real+lyrics]"Tits, tits"[/url], of course.[/size]
-
Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread
Boo replied to Charles's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='James']It began somewhat awkwardly - several members joined after the RPG commenced and several members were also kicked out within the first few pages.[/quote][size=1]I remember that they wouldn't even let me in the RP, but I had no clue about it so I didn't get why my posts disappeared the whole time. :whoops:[/size] -
[size=3]Ooo, awesome. The ultimate RP. Well, for starters, it'd not be a "RPGame", but a "RPStory" (or just a �RP�). I want to have the feeling that we, the players, are writing one awesome and intriguing story together. The term RPG sounds more as if you�re just in the story to spend your time, instead of that you�re in it so you can work on that awesome and intriguing story. Woosh. Okay, there�s a lot of different perfect RP�s in my book, but what I at least find important is that there�s not a low limit on sign-ups. All of the good writers get in. The bad ones don�t, unless they get some awesome training soon. What I�d ask for in the sign-ups would be mainly originality. No clich� characters, unless they�re [i]perfectly[/i] clich� and thereby add to the story. The more good players, the merrier. There�s no fun in having a small number of players in your RP, unless nobody else signs up and then you should just not close the sign-ups. The setting may vary a lot per RP. I don�t have a precise setting that would be the ultimate setting. Just as long as it�s not one of those school RP�s. I can�t stand school RP�s. I want the setting to be exciting and have great possibilities. It shouldn�t be exactly based on the real world of 2007 either. There should be some twist, at least. Maybe a small alteration like a big nuclear war that�s scorched the whole planet except for Australia. Who knows? What I do know for sure is that I absolutely adore epic situations and such. There should be a major climax somewhere in the RP. A climax that makes even the players themselves go �woooow�. This climax should come along with a story that makes the players [i]want[/i] to write and read posts. That they sit at their desks at school waiting for the bell to ring so that they can go home and check on the RP. Enthusiasm from both the starter and the participants is key to a great RP. Right now I�m thinking of creating a massive steam punk influenced RP that plays in the future of this world. Thus, it�s still based on a bit of realism. It�d involve settings that, after actually making up the story, reminded me a tiny bit of Final Fantasy VII. There would probably be no post order or anything in this story. At the same time I�m thinking over the possibilities of having the OtakuBoards community rewrite great plays like [i]Romeo and Juliet[/i]. Each participant would have their very own style of rewriting it (comedic, sci-fi, fantasy, present, etc. Anything [i]but[/i] the original style, which only the storyteller will use) and here counts the: �the most original get in�-rule. This would probably need a chapter system to work things out well. Or well, in this case it�d be an �Act� system. It�s not really an RP, but it does belong in the same line. As you can see, these ideas don�t look anything like each other, but both are incredibly appealing to me. The first one because it probably will have incredible clich�s, but it�d also involve anarchism and all sorts of mind games. The second idea because I think it�d be original and lot�s of fun to create it. Therefore it�s sort of hard to actually what the ultimate RP would look like, but I�ve got enough points that I�ll look at. I like stories of RPs when they run deep and are detailed. A story developing is one of the most awesome thing � if not [i]the[/i] most awesome thing � about writing, reading and such. Euh, and now I�m losing track of myself. Well, if I think of anything else to write, I�ll edit this post. Great idea to post this thread. It might prove very useful for future RPs.[/size]
-
[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]1. [B]White People[/B']. Some of yall are okay, but as a whole, I just can't stand white people. Our race is a bastard. I mean seriously, while a lot of us here on OB belong to the cool part of white people, that's only a tiny fragment of white people as a whole, especially in the US. White people as a whole need to get their act together.[/COLOR][/quote] [size=1]You're such an American civilian. :)[/size] [quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]10. [B]White chocolate[/B']. It just isn't very good.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Shush, you fool. You don't know what you're talking about. You don't even like music. You have no right to speak about holy matters. At first the 'white' thing was laughable, but now it's become dead serious. [b]Conclusion:[/b] You are a discriminating being with awful taste. [i]Edit[/i]. And I bet you put back cartons of milk with only a bottom of milk left.[/size]
-
[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']And here I thought you were cool Boo... ;)[/SIZE][/quote][size=1]Duh. I prefer blackjack, just for fun. I have too many people around me, who I don't want anything to do with, who play poker. A game of poker isn't horrible, but ruining it for everyone who's cool by hyping it this much, that's horrible. Your latest post I have to agree with, though. [QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Sandy Jim Morrison Smokers DeadSeraphim Hair dressers[/font][/color][/size][/QUOTE] Some very important ones that I left out. Thanks, Alan. Also, I'd like to add, inspired by "people who like good cooking": People who like smelly cheese and say 'the worse the cheese smells, the better it is!'. [/size]
-
[size=1]Well, picking a study is a rather large pain. I picked the wrong study last year ("Digital Communication") and ended up dropping out halfway this year. The study was horrid, and at least half of the people in my year thought it was. But most of them just wanted to finish this year before dropping out, so they'd get their "[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propedeuse][b]propedeuse[/b][/url]". I know I didn't have enough stimulation to actually make it through the year so I didn't even try. Relationship wise... well... Perhaps it's best to sing a song regarding that issue. [i]Lights fade out and a pool of light appears on stage. The orchestra sets in.[/i] 'When I was seventeen it was a very good year.' Though maybe this year is a bit too well for me, because now I'm having trouble deciding which girl to actually go for. On one side there's a girl from Germany, who has a lot of the same taste and everything, but she lives waaay in the farthest corner of her darn country. On the other side there's the girl who lives nearby (well, about a half hour ride), thus the a bit more 'realistic' choice. Of course, I've never chosen for a 'realistic' choice before as I despise the term, but perhaps I should consider it once. Oh well, I always have a back up plan, because I'm [i]that cool[/i].[/size]
-
[size=1]Hairstyle two is from [b]Pokémon[/b]. The character's name would be [b]Brock[/b]. And here I thought I wouldn't be able to guess anything in this event. 8D[/size]
-
[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Yeah, I also hate when people discriminate against the elderly.[/color][/quote][size=1]The thirteen to forty part was actually quoted from one of those people that I dislike. :rolleyes:[/size]
-
[quote name='Raiyuu]You know what's even worse? When they [i]aren't[/i] a social retard. You know. Those guys that see every girl between thirteen and forty as a sex partner [i]and can actually get them[/i'].[/quote][size=1]Thank you very much. :( [color=#EDEDED]Just kidding, yee of little faith in me. >_>[/color][/size]
-
[quote name='Panda']There are plenty of things that grind my gears but I think one of the things at the top of the list would be people who are outright mean and spiteful to others and say they are "just being honest" or it's just "constructive criticism". They troll around baiting people to see who they can get a rise out of. When confronted they act innocent and say the offended person is taking things the wrong way since they are just "trying to help". Yet anyone and everyone can see there is plenty of venom behind their words. :animeangr[/quote][size=1]Oh yes, I hate those too. [list][*]I don't like people that misinterpret things, jump to conclusions and go on and on about it without asking for a proper explanation first. [*]I don't like poker and the hype around it. [*]I don't like the little girl that's supposed to have had two hundred heart failures, AIDS, brain damage and a lot more diseases by now, just because I didn't send an email to 20 people. DIE ALRIGHT. [*]I don't like it when people stand way too near you when talking to you. Especially since it's mainly the people with bad breath that do so. [*]I don't like when people think [i]Land Of Confusion[/i] was originally done by Disturbed. [*]I don't like people who think they're cool and everything, while in fact they're a social failure. [*]I don't like it when humans record sharks eating seels and turtles, while when a shark would attack a surfer, they'd harm the shark. [*]I don't like people that see every girl between the age of thirteen and forty as a potential person to have sex with and actually say so to me. Especially if they're social retards themselves, would never be able to get the girl and use all kinds of different/made-up words while trying to say "I want to have sex with that girl". [/list] There are plenty of other things, but I felt like writing these down.[/size]
-
[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray'] You're so hilarious![/color][/quote][size=1]He is, for crying out loud. Normally I never listen to radio, but there are multiple radios at my rather new work that are always on, so now I know about all of the songs that are "in" around here lately. It helped me remember why I never listen to radio, so most of the time I have my iPod on. Though, it also helped me give my own contribution to this thread. Isn't that awesome? One song that I really can't stand is [i]I Don't Need A Man[/i] by the Pussycat Dolls. Really, I can't hear it anymore or I'll die. Even with their newer single out, they're still playing that song a lot. STOP IT. Another song would be [i]Irreplaceable[/i] by Beyonce. The "to the left, to the left" line is haunting me ever since I first heard it. Shakira's [i]Pure Intuition[/i] has never been good for the ears to start with. It's just a regular dance tune with a sheepy Shakira voice over it. And well, both of the above singers combined would make [i]Beautiful Liar[/i], which is just hell on the ether. The Gym Class Heroes' [i]Cupid's Chokehold[/i] was fun at first because of the Supertramp chorus, but after a while it started to annoy me greatly. Especially because they even changed the chorus and I keep mumbling the original lyrics while the rapper already starts again. And before I forget it: [i]So Sick[/i] by Ne-Yo. I still don't see how anybody ever cared that he's sick of love songs. [b]PS:[/b] I had to look up all of these titles. Bah.[/size]
-
[size=1]How? Did you even [i]see[/i] the Papercut video? They've come a long way from that video to the new one that's for certain. They look all grown up in comparison to the Papercut video. Besides, you really can't say "if they keep this up, they'll be like any other band", because it's the first single of an album that might have a great variation of songs, for all I know. [b]Edit:[/b] By the way, if you look at the tracklist of "Minutes to Midnight" it seems as though they didn't stray too far from their other two albums with all of the songs. [quote=Linkin Park Site][size=1][list=1][*]Wake [*]Given Up [*]Leave Out All The Rest [*]Bleed it Out [*]Shadow of The Day [*]What I've Done [*]Hands Held High [*]No More Sorrow [*]Valentine's Day [*]In Between [*]In Pieces [*]The Little Things Give You Away[/list][/size][/quote][/size]
-
[quote name='Sandy']Also, Boo, I think the style of approach you suggested will make the girls cling onto the boy even more. In my experience, girls are suckers for indifferent guys. ;D[/quote][size=1]Oh, that explains a lot of awkward situations.[/size]
-
[size=1]"You're not my taste, but you may hang out with me if you want."[/size]
-
[quote name='Retribution][size=1']The song only reinforces their image as an angst-ridden, misunderstood, us vs the world kind of band. Lyrics in LP songs are usually decent, but I can't say the same for this single.[/size][/quote][size=1]I thought the exact opposite. Normally Chester's lyrics are pretty bad, but in this song they are rather good. For one, they are not incredibly depressing or anything. Plus, like said before, he's not really screaming throughout the song. They didn't play electronic tricks or whatever on his voice either. The whole song is a lot more "clean" than most of what I've heard of Linkin Park so far. The only thing about the song that really bothers me is that in the video (which I think is a pretty cool video, but that aside...) Mike is playing a guitar, which I've never seen him do before and I fail to recognize it in the song. [/size]
-
[size=1]They brought this first song out first, mostly symbolically, as they have made some major changes to their sound and their style. So I heard. [b]Edit:[/b] I just watched the "Papercut" video and I must say that I'm a lot more pleased with the way they present themselves now. [/size]
-
[size=1]I have the idea that they meant the anime show "Bleach".[/size]
-
[size=1]After hearing the new single a few times after each other, it kind of grew to me. It's not really what I had expected, but it's only one song so far. I look forward to hearing the new album and seeing them live at PinkPop 2007, in May. The Nu Metal sound was getting a bit old, anyway. The past albums were sort of... teeny. Hopefully they can show us with this album that they've grown in time. [b]Edit:[/b] Chester doesn't look any worse than he did before. He didn't have a rock vibe over him at first - he had a teeny nerd vibe. [/size]
-
[size=1]I thought Google's in-home wireless network was rather cool. It can be found [url=http://www.google.com/tisp/index.html][b]here[/b][/url].[/size]
-
[size=1]Well, at least it's not an RPG. :)[/size]
-
[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Boris [b]Screenname:[/b] Boo [b]Age:[/b] 17 [b]Biography:[/b] [i][I'll edit this later, because I need to go to bed][/i] I'm so excited. :) [/size]
-
[size=1]Who are you and what have you done to Larb? Speak up, you spawn of hell! [b]Edit:[/b] ... worst... April fool's joke... ever...[/size]
-
[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']The text in the content attribute is what people see when OB comes up in a Google search, by the way.[/color][/quote][size=1]I no's, I is very educated ex-Digital Communication student. Well, whatever. I still think it's more logical for a forum to have the Community part above the rest of the content, anyway. :P But don't think I don't appreciate the effort you put into explaining the decision made. *pat pat* [b]Edit:[/b] Whoopee, the Arena Underground is now a Subforum! =D[/size]
-
[size=1]Well, as much as OtakuBoards' originally anime related, there's only one forum left of it. So I thought that you might as well put the rather small Community category before it.[/size]