-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]I share my birthday with Cloricus, I think (though he's no longer on the calendar on that day). :] Apart from them, I share my birthday with Thom Yorke, the singer from Radiohead. And in my list are a whole load of footballers, there's some New Zealandish actress who plays in Xena and Hercules, a Eurovision Song Contest 1999 winner from Sweden, Yo-Yo Ma - the cellist, Kyosuke Himuro (Boøwy) of whom a song is used as the theme of Advent Children, Tico Torres the drummer of Bon Jovi (ew.), the future voice actor of Harry in the upcoming Spiderman TV-show and... [b]PUTIN.[/b] Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin. Ha. Oh, and the DDR was also born on the seventh of Octobre. I've the same first name as Yeltsin and am born on the same day as Putin and the DDR. Ooooo. Next thing you know, I'll be planting flags miles deep in the ocean to claim land. [/size]
-
[size=1]There once was a man who was increadibly rich, had a beautiful wife, and a newborn son. On the son's third birthday the dad asked. 'son, what do you want for your birthday? You want a tricycle, a playmat, anything?' The kid replied 'dad I'd like a pink ping-pong ball.' The dad thought 'oh he's just a kid he doesn't know what he wants' so he bought him a tricycle and some toys. On the kids twelfth birthday the dad asked 'son, what would you like for your birthday? A four-wheeler, a ten speed, anything?' The kid replied 'dad, I'd really like a pink ping-pong ball.' The dad thought 'oh, he's just messing around,' so he bought him a nice bike and an iPod. On the kid's sixteenth birthday the dad asked 'son, what would you like for your birthday? A nice car, a speaker system, anything?' The kid replied 'dad, I would really like a pink ping-pong ball.' The dad thought 'he must be out of his mind,' so he bought him a brand new 2007 Jeep. When the kid graduated from high school his dad said "son, I'm so proud of you. Is there anything you want? A new place, a condo, anything?" The son replied "dad I's really like a pink ping-pong ball" his dad thought 'oh, hes just messin with me' and hooked him up with a nice apartment and filled it with furniture. 6 years later, the son was married and his first child was on the way. The dad said, 'son, I'm so happy for you, what do you say you move into a mansion across the street from us?' The son replied 'actually, dad, I would really like a pink ping-pong ball.' His dad thought 'aw, hes nuts,' and threw in a couple extra achres for the heck of it. Then one day, the father heard that his son had been in a terrible car accident. He rushed to the hospital and saw his son hooked up to all kinds of medical devices. He held his son and said, 'son, please is there anything you want, anything in the whole world?' The son replied 'I would really like a pink ping-pong ball.' The father said, 'okay, but I've gotta know why, for your entire life you've asked for this pink ping-pong ball, why?' His son opened his mouth to speak, but died. The moral? That was boring as crap. Moo.[/size]
-
[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]If they continue, I might have to crack out the pedophilia jokes and light this thread on fire.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Or you could choose not to. :) [b]It's grey and hangs in a tree.[/b] A cluster of elephants. Best joke ever. You might as well close the thread now to save the other people the embarassement of posting jokes that don't even slightly match up to the above one.[/size]
-
[quote name='Sirius'][COLOR=#35425e][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]What?!? No competition? No laughing behind the loser's back? No chance of a devastating loss that will trigger a sudden drop in self-esteem?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]It'll be a loss to the community, but just think of what we could gain! I had a dream! A dream in which the Art Studio we live in was once again a major centre of creativity in many forms. A community wealthy and busy, a place to go when you can't go anywhere else! A community where PSers and PSPers can live together without conflict! A community where pre-made brushes are accepted as much as social or creative handicaps would be accepted! Besides, it would be a nice way to train people for the actual next best Handicap [strike]torment[/strike] tournament. But well, as I see, it's a fine enough plan, so I guess I'll try to get this show on the road. Unless someone else wants to take the plan off my hands, because otherwise I might have to keep you all waiting for almost a week. [i]Boo[/i]hoo.[/size]
-
[size=4]If you don't mind, I'll just bring this thread up again to use it as the Art Studio suggestions thread. I was just browsing through my OtakuBoards art collection and came across some images that were loads of fun to make, made for a thread that was a lot of fun. The thread I'm talking about is [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49199"][b]Image Challenge![/b][/url]. It was a fun thread, so I wonder if people would be interested in a new version of it. If so, would it need any updates from it's original rules or something? The last one died in time, probably because the ideas became repetitive. So as a suggestion... instead of the Handicap Battles, we could continue on with Handicap ideas, except you make up your own handicap for the next person each time you post. To keep the Art Studio people sharp and all, but without competing really. ^ New subject of discussion, yay.[/size]
-
[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]Are these just random people? If so, you better have a permit, or were you being ninja? This is essential in order to be my sidekick you know. ^_~[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]I'm always ninja. [IMG]http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1193/danceninjayp4.gif[/IMG] But yeah, they were people I knew, sort of. Great to read that you like my work so far (spx, first time I've posted any photography, I think, so don't worry :P). I'll just add another photo to the thread (thumbnails rock, this one is rather large to remain it's details) as it's the only one I can reach from this computer. I'll try to get more up when I can. [center][b]Out Of Reach[/b] [URL=http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=outofreachbytorsionalkr5.jpg][IMG]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/912/outofreachbytorsionalkr5.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [I]It's with barbed wire, so not as much a challenge as capturing a human being, but now I could fully concentrate on a good photo focus and everything. Think it worked out well, with the central barb having the full focus. Only changed the colour of this photo afterwards, the rest comes straight out of the camera.[/I][/center] Next Monday I'm headed for London for a small week (going to see Avenue Q too *rejoice!*) so I hope to come back with a load of photos. :] [/size] [size=1][b]Update:[/b] Well, I've made over 1100 photos in London, but I still have to go through them to pick the good ones from the lesser ones, really. Ah well, here's a slightly odd one I recently made, though I was still working on it when I decided to just post it and quit for today: [center][b]My Marks[/b] [URL=http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=peacehand2smallerdp9.png][IMG]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9646/peacehand2smallerdp9.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [i]My hand, obviously. As far as adjusting goes: some colouring, blurring and a layer for the hand. The sign on my hand is actually made with a lighter with a little lamp in it.[/i][/center][/size]
-
[size=1]I'm currently listening to a few songs by the band AER, on repeat. To be more precise:[list][*]Nobody To Believe In[*]To Die For[*]A Silent Tragedy[*]Let Down Everyone[*]Ending This Chapter[*]Angel[*]We're Only Human[/list] Great stuff, really. Greatest thing, is that it's by the band I'm playing in. Ha. Didn't see that one coming, did you? I play the bass mostly, though I might have to play the keys, backing guitar and some vocals too. Most of the songs right now are written by the lead guitarist/current singer. He'll be amongst the best guitarists in no time at all, mark my words. My favourite songs of this selection are probably A Silent Tragedy and Let Down Everyone. The former has an incredibly great guitar solo at the end that almost made a tear pop in my eye. The latter is just really solid and everything. The sort of music I'd like to bounce and everything to at festivals. :][/size]
-
[size=1]Whoopdeedoo, something will soon be on the market for cheapskates like myself, who would still like to have a notebook kind of thing with them where they can do simple computer-ish things. The [b]ASUS Eee PC[/b]. [url=http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/Hands_on_with_the_ASUS_Eee/]Here[/url]'s an article on it, based on a preview: [url=http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/Hands_on_with_the_ASUS_Eee/][b]Hot Hardware[/b][/url] Now, yeah. I'm very excited about this notebook. I'm too much of a calvinist to spend my money on a big flaptop that I plan on only using as a notebook or to perform simple things, like looking something up on the internet. To play videogames or watch movies, I have a big (read: [i]BIG[/i]) computer at home and playing with one of those things where you have to use a pen to type and all... stinks. So, yay. A notebook, priced $199 (4GB) or $299 (8GB). And then there's also a 16GB version, so I've read, but I couldn't find it real quickly. Guess what? Yay for ASUS! There, I've made a thread about it. Is anyone else excited about this? Or any other opinions or whatever? [/size]
-
[size=1]Haha, I was in London last week and while making my way to the Noel Coward theatre, where Avenue Q is playing, I came across a huge mob of people. It was pretty annoying as they were blocking my way, but after a while it seemed to be the mob awaiting Matt Damon for the pre-premiere of The Bourne Ultimatum. Now, I have seen Matt Damon (and Julia Stiles) live and I can say "ha, I've been to the pre-premiere of The Bourne Ultimatum" even though I haven't actually seen it. Heck, I haven't even seen The Bourne Supremacy yet. Should do so, though. Oh, and if I waited a bit longer, I would've seen some of the cast of Harry Potter. Making photos was tough, though. Moving people, cloudy sky and rain. Moo. [center][IMG]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2836/mattdamonraisinslg8.png[/IMG][/center] ... All in all, I still wanted them all to move so that I could just go and get a Caramel Hot Chocolate before getting over to Avenue Q. [quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"]Stuff like [i]Transformers[/i] and [i]Live Free or Die Hard[/i] doesn't come close to this movie.[/font][/QUOTE]Transformers was only cool, because it was so ridiculously awful and stuffed with clichés, that it was actually great. Besides, I doubt Bourne has such great - amazingly lame, but great - quotes as Transformers. Don't see him yelling "you want a piece of this?!" after which an agent tears him apart and yells "no, I want two pieces". Though the "I'm so glad I got in that car with you!" with a sunset sunburst in the background might fit in, if they want to decrease the overall quality of the movie. :] But I plan on reading the actual books soon. Matt Damon is said not to be a good representation of the actual character, so I'd like to know what the original character is like. ... Still want to see this movie, though. But first I'd have to see the second.[/size]
-
[size=1]Hurrah! No more MyOtaku link! And hurrah, not some senseless line break in between! Super update. Now I look naked. ^^[/size]
-
Do you need language to maintain your culture?
Boo replied to ChibiHorsewoman's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Retribution'][font=Arial]And surprisingly enough, that's all I've really got to say on this.[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]Dun, dun, dun. There are strange powers at work. Cultures are silly, anyway. People are too uptight about maintaining cultures. [center][spoiler][b][color=red]They are obsta[/color][color=white]cles to world peac[/color][color=blue]e and global Utopia[/color][/b][/spoiler]![/center] Moo, it's not a matter of thinking [i]outside of the box[/i], it's a matter of [i]not thinking [b]in[/b]side of the box[/i]. Moo, again! Anyway, on the subject of languages. Languages change too much over time, anyway, so the idea of maintaining them is pretty laughable. But a lot of things in cultures are based on language. I can't imagine the Dutch culture without our silly proverbs and stuff. Now, there is my fine contribution to the topic. Hey, did anyone notice that [i]contribution[/i] looks a lot like [i]retribution[/i]? Dun, dun, dun! I told you strange powers are at work.[/size] -
[quote name='Sirius'][INDENT][COLOR=#35425e][CENTER][IMG]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8025/hbjn0.gif[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE=1][COLOR="Black"][b]Handicaps[/b][/COLOR] Aside from the deadline, the tournament presider will also place a set of restrictions/“handicaps” on submissions for each round. These restrictions may range anywhere from size limits to a total ban on certain graphics elements. [INDENT] • To make the game a bit more interesting, handicaps of the previous rounds will be carried over to the new round.[/indent][/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT][/QUOTE] [size=1]As I recall, that was the worst thing about last time. No clue how I ended up there in one of the last rounds, but we had the same handicaps as the round before. That was not a challenge of skill or anything, that was 100% annoying. So it wasn't just lame. It was god awful. If you promise not to make two following rounds with the handicaps "150x500, only black & white" again, I'll join in for the heck of it.[/size]
-
[size=1]I just wanted an excuse to PM Disenchanted, of course. :rolleyes: Edit: 'xactly![/size]
-
[size=1]While I'm busy commenting on art anyway, I'll finally post in your thread again too. :] Here we go. - [b]Breath[/b] of life – I like the stock and it's placement on this banner. Not too big of a fan of the kind of sharp-ish texture the whole banner seems to have. For example, like the pixels around the stock's neck. You might want to clean that up a little, at least at the centre of the stock, because now only her face seems to stick out, suddenly being cut off by a choker of pixels. And overall the grainy background doesn't seem to fit the stock very well, I think. The text works really well though, also where the B is just at the side of the burst, because it's obvious enough on it's own to not need the full burst as it's background. - [b]Believe[/b] – Blub, first thing to catch my eye is the stock, which ehm… isn’t quite great stock material. It’s a bit too rough and the eyes seem awkward. You made real good use of the iris’ colours though, and I love how the left side of the banner is that colours and the right side is more based upon the hair colour of the right side of the stock. The word ‘believe’ seems to blend in a lot, which isn’t too bad really, because you can still read it, but doesn’t take all the attention of the ‘spectator’. The left background seems a bit sharp though, as the colour you used easily does that (turn things sharp). Hm, but all in all, the banner is good as it really fits the stock well. It’s just a pity that the stock itself isn’t too great, as the banner resolves pretty much totally around it. - [b]Fin[/b] – Fancy stuff. I especially like the whole diagonal theme of the whole banner, where it comes back in the text, the lines and the stock itself. And then the background isn’t, which gives a cool effect. The stock doesn’t really seem to fit the lines in the corner, though, but I can’t seem to come up with some better as I like how you worked with the stock anyway. Hm, for some reason I can’t come up with much to say about this banner. - [b]dream[/b] ‘till you can’t – Good cropping and placing of the stock. And I really dig the green colour. The border is nice too and the text works with the stock. All in all only good points, but nothing that really stands out and makes me go ‘wow’. Maybe that’s also part of it’s beauty. It’s peaceful and soft on the eyes, and just all works together. Period. - keep me in your [b]Memory[/b] – ‘… and leave out all the rest’. *Ahem* Pardon me. Anyway, the banner. I really love it. The text and the stock are lovely and really work extremely well with the nice soft colour in the background. But the colour is lively enough to make the banner appealing. The pixel art gives a nice touch to the whole thing. Can’t think of much to improve. Perhaps the border that I don’t really like right now, but if it were darker, it’d probably lose part of the soft effect that it has now. - [b]shadows[/b] swallow[strike]s[/strike] us whole – Hm, the stock has amazingly cool eyes, but for the most the banner isn’t really special. I like how the text ‘blocks’ go with the border, but I don’t know what the text has to do with the rest of the banner at all. It doesn’t seem to add anything to it’s feel. It’s a rather nice looking banner, but that’s it. It seems kind of empty without much thought or anything in it. Don't really like commenting on requested banners that much for some reason. I'd be delighted to have gotten such a pretty banner for myself, that's all I know. :P Okay, this is probably long enough, I should really go get lunch now.[/size] [quote name='AmnesiacKaiten']They are alll really plain... Nothing really ultra appealing to the eye. I would have to say that most of them are too flat, especially the Serene one. Bliss is too white... Gah, I can't CnC them all :( but that's my input.[/QUOTE][size=1]Speaking as an artist myself, I'd say that a bit more constructive criticism would've been nice and helpful so that, in this case, Jigglyness knows what she could improve on and what to do differently next time. Or at least to give her some ideas to toy around with. If you can't CnC on all of them, perhaps CnC'ing a bit deeper on one of them would've been a lot more helpful.[/size]
-
[size=1]I don't care if you make more threads in this forum. I sort of like it. It almost looks like OtakuBoards like it used to be, but then with better grammar. :] You could try saving up a banner every now and then and post two or three per thread, though. Anyway, about the banner, to keep on topic. Nice idea how the stock fades to the left and how that divides the right and the left parts of the banner. I'm not too fond of the pink colour. Not so much because I don't like pink, but because it really curses with the fancy yellow/gold-ish orange. I would've made more use of that colour instead. Plus, the glasses seem a bit too sharp for the rest of the banner, almost like pixel art glasses on top of a real photo, but while that would've been pretty awesome in a way, this just seems to clash. I'm digging the background though, especially the other colour. Oh and I love those fonts myself, too. X] Overall, nice job, but the pink seems slightly out of place - especially when combined with the soft gold/yellow in the banner. [/size]
-
[size=1]And here I was thinking I'd end up in a gore-filled verbal battlefield. Titles can be deceiving.[/size] [quote name='John']Well, I hope all you ***holes like coal. >:'([/QUOTE][size=1]I love you, John. :animesmil Well, I dislike Santa Claus, anyway, existing or not. Saint Nicholas would totally beat him up if they ever met. Of course, since Santa is only a cheap copy of Nicholas in the first place. He didn't even bother coming up with an entirely original name. Pft. [/size]
-
[quote name='boothten'][size=1]Anyway, is it just my computer/iTunes, or is there less GBs of available space then what was advertised? Example, as I said, I bought a 30 GB iPod Video but in reality whenever I hook up my iPod and it shows me that page that shows me all the statistics about my iPod and what's on the iPod itself, it says I only have about 28 or 27 GBs of available space, somwhere along those lines, I can't remember the exact number. Haha, false advertising, I say![/size][/QUOTE][size=1]The 60 GB one only has 55,68 GB that you can actually use. The rest are silly software files and everything, I suppose. It's a bit of a pain, because you'd expect them to just add 5 GB more to it for their own apple crap, so that the costumer could have their full 60 (or 30, in your case) GBs. Moo. Oh yeah, I also finally figured out how the notes and the address book work. It's handy to always have your addresses around, but I still don't use the notes. I had one whole note, apart from the instruction file, which were tabs that I made, but I think I just got rid of that one. :x Does anyone use notes [i]at all[/i]?[/size]
-
[size=1]I've made two avaters, because. :x [center]001 [simple cut-out] [img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3976/001om1.png[/img] 002 [[i]almost[/i] the same as 001 except for the border] [IMG]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8020/002cx2.png[/IMG] 003 [thought I'd add some of the newspapers from the picture] [IMG]http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/1195/003xk4.png[/IMG] [/center] Hope you like them. :] [/size]
-
[size=1]I can't live anymore without my 60 GB iPod video and the 6376 songs (17,8 days / 30,51 GB) and counting that it contains. There's a few videos on it, including Advent Children, some Paul Simon documentary, a Charlie Chaplin movie (The Immigrant), a commercial and an art project I had to make for school. As for Podcasts, I only have the Avenue Q podcast on it. For the rest, I use my iPod as a harddisk to back-up my photos. I've only had one problem with it before and you can easily solve it by resetting it (menu+center button). This thing is pure quality, and more vintage than the 80 GB, anyway. Oh, and I don't think it's called anything else than "iPod". Don't intend to change it either.[/size]
-
Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread
Boo replied to Charles's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Ah fair enough, I could tell the "Annoying Catchphrase" one was Alan's because he was the only one to ever object to it's usage, and couldn't even get when it was used right. :animesmil[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]Yeah the rest only made fun of it. :animesmil[/size] -
[size=1]Okay, I thought it was time to finally make a photo thread to post some of my photos in (I won't use one for longer than a season, really), because I like making photos and I make a lot of them, really. Anyway, the type of photos I make are barely ever planned out or anything. I don't let anyone pose, I don't move any of the things in the photos, I just snap. :P Afterwards I might edit them on the computer. Though my photoshopping skills lack when it comes to photo-editing, so yeah... Well, enough talk. Photos! [center][b]The Flowergirl[/b] [URL=http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=editdscn5241sm4.jpg][IMG]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1809/editdscn5241sm4.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [i]This photo was made in the church garden of Taizé, France. Loved the composition and tried to get the sepia kind of feel, but with the colours of the flowers standing out.[/i] [b]Not Just Bright [i]Eyes[/i][/b] [URL=http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=editdscn5041verzhv8.jpg][IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5697/editdscn5041verzhv8.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [i]Took this photo in Taizé, France, as well. The girl in the photo was sitting on a wall that stood at shoulder height for me. She had a very bright background that I just cleaned up a little bit and I fixed the photo a little bit to make the feeling work... hopefully.[/i] [b]Scribble Away[/b] [URL=http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=editdscn5242lw2.jpg][IMG]http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/1661/editdscn5242lw2.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [i]I liked the simpleness of this photo, whereas [b]The Flowergirl[/b] was more busy and had the colours stand out and such. I think I like this photo most. Her bare feet seem to add to the simpleness or something, I don't know. And her expression is just great. :][/i][/center] Okay, first three photos. C&C always welcome. [/size]
-
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Anyway, hopefully we won't get too many people demanding that the first title be "[B]n00b Scum[/B]" or something along those lines. :animesmil[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]... The title [i]is[/i] part of the representation of a person's status at the boards.[/size]
-
[size=1]To go on with James' earlier post in the thread. We could, at least for now, make a "Who Are You?" thread in the Otaku Lounge with a list (like mentioned before) where people could just say their hellos by answering questions describing themselves. Plus, older members also get to tell about themselves. Aaaand, we could implement the repeating threads like "how did you choose your username?" or "how did you wind up here?" in the same list. How convenient is [i]that[/i]?[/size]
-
[size=1]Since a week I have my internet back, finally. This also means I'll occasionally show my face in Guild Wars. When it comes to healing I'm quite good, so if you ever need help with anything, just yell. Just don't ask me if I can come to places in Nightfall, because I can't and I doubt that I'll soon be able too as I don't want to spend money on it. I might get GW:EN, though. The increased map of Tyria caught my eye. My Monk is named [b]Sylvia Esterbeek[/b]. If you'd asked me a year before I would've also offered you my running skills, but since ANet nerfed the running with Nightfall, I can't do much good. W/Mo can't cut it anymore at Droknar's, though I got reasonably far. :P[/size]
-
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]What, you mean like Rat Boy?[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Otaku! [u][b][i]OTAKU![/i][/b][/u] Rat Boy would be nice, though. Might have to take that into consideration for my entry to the community event thing if it would appear. Perhaps we should make a new thread in the Suggestions & Feedback area and throw all of the posts there. :][/size]