-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]You know, I can just make a directory sticky and you post all of your tuts as threads in the original forum with the old [T] tag, like how the past idea worked. I can just link back to the old tuts too. Just an idea, because there obviously isn't enough reaction to the subject, but I do like the idea. :P[/size]
-
[quote name='Panda']... if someone asks me how I am doing I will automatically say "great" or "fine" even if I am not. I doubt a store clerk asking me the question really wants to know about my sore joints.[/QUOTE] [size=1]I usually answer that question with "fine enough" if I'm not really convinced of how well I'm feeling, as I'm always fine enough. Well, honesty for me is one of the most important things in the whole world, so I try to live up to my own standards and it's a really rare occasion when I lie. I'll feel bad afterwards too. White lies are too much too, anyway. If someone can't cook, but asks me how it tastes and it's not the kind of atmosphere to make a joke about it, I'll just mention something that I did like about the food. There's always something, though you should try avoiding "special" and "different" at all cost. If someone has something to say to me, I'd want them to say it to me, too. Though people often think I don't mean what I say, because I can say things with a really ironic or dramatical undertone... Which every so often is actually intended. [/size]
-
[size=1]That movie was top notch quality. People should edit the OP of the thread and put it in. And put it in their signatures. And burn it on DVDs and spread them throughout town. And it needs daily routines on every TV channel. Oh, and they should beam it on the moon 24/7. Thanks, AzureWolf, you enriched my life.[/size]
-
[quote name='The13thMan'][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I really don't think my contradictory personality should have anything to do with the way you reacted. I still feel it was extremely innapropriate. I mean.... really though. Is it your habit to call people names and ridicule so openly for expressing an opinion? Even one that's pushed and that you feel strongly against?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]She called you stupid. Pushing your opinion is stupid. You pushed your opinion. She called you stupid. That was as inappropriate as putting your dirty clothing in a washing machine. There are enough members here on OtakuBoards who can be much more inappropriate for you if you want. And seriously, nobody is going to convince another of anything in this thread. Facts are: [list][*]Marijuana is legal in the Netherlands and the Netherlands are cool + if marijuana were legal in the Unites States of America they would never be as cool as the Netherlands = The USA won't be cool regardless of what they do with marijuana. [*]Marijuana stinks. [*]Your mom doesn't want you to smoke marijuana.[/list] All the reasons necessary to stop trying. I'd recommend you to move to the Netherlands to smoke your pot here, but I won't.[/size]
-
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Quoted for truth, go to a local high school or college and you won't have any trouble getting some.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]Or try one of your local coffee shops! *nod* ... Wait, or is that just the Netherlands again?[/size]
-
[size=1]It's a nice idea (I agree on that thread-per-topic isn't really ideal), though right now I kind of doubt that it will be very active. I think we'll first need people who really will use the forum well, especially people who will supply it with content. Because well, for an actual subforum we'll need supply as well, apart from demand. Besides, it will need some rather strong guidelines to work well and not turn out to be a total mess. So... Any ideas and volunteers are most welcome. If this is something that could make the Otaku Artist community more active than the current state it's in, I would very much like to see this idea develop. [/size]
-
[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]It's a shame I missed this thread when it first popped up. Oh well. I love pot. :love:[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]I'm still waiting for you to drop by. :( Ach, not that I like weed myself. It's only for silly people and it stinks as hell. Though, I don't see much of a problem with it either, if you have cigarettes and alcohol legalized. Besides, through research is found out that it works against Alzheimer and other syndromes that make you silly! Yay![/size]
-
[size=1]What are you talking about? Marijuana is perfectly legal and normal.[/size]
-
[size=1]I'm to stubborn and curious to stop. As an example that's easy on the brain: My friend bought me this horrible videogame "Butcher" a while ago and I beat it in one afternoon, just to see how horrible the rest of the game would be like. Heck, there wasn't even a horrible cinematic, so I was left even more disappointed than I was. But I beat it! And it even said that I was one of the best butchers in the world! :)[/size]
-
[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"];)[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]:o Guess what I found in my shoe the other day! [IMG]http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2269/wishlistdeathstardq7.png[/IMG] [/size]
-
[size=1][font=tahoma]Sorry about that, it's updated now. Doesn't it look a lot prettier than before? I spent some time on re-doing it! Anyway. Agreeing with James, you can't whore the Worm. The worm needs whoring! [/size][/font]
-
[size=1]I don't want anything for Christmas. Which is good, because I probably won't [i]get[/i] much for Christmas either. We've always celebrated Saint Nicholas instead, with a bunch of presents. Mostly chosen with the [i]name-in-the-hat[/i] method and with a limit of about 5 or 10 euros. All I want for Christmas and New Year's is my girlfriend. :( I'll see her again on the 27th of December, though. Oh, but for Saint Nicholas this year I asked charcoal pencils and guitar picks. And if I would want to add anything else, I'd just like the book [b]Rumo[/b], by Walter Moers.... Make that "any-book-you-can-find-by-Walter-Moers,-except-The-City-Of-Dreaming-Books,-because-I-already- have-that-one." :)[/size]
-
[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Ludwig Van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata is one of my favorite pieces by him.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]It's one of my favourite pieces [i]ever[/i]. The whole sonata is pure brilliance, technically and emotionally. It's kept a rather simple level that builds up perfectly, but it's never under the top, nor is it ever boring. I envy that deaf fellow. I like to listen to some Gustav Mahler every now and then. His pieces mostly last between 10 and 30 minutes and build up real good as well. But he was one of the more progressive and modern composers of his time (late 19th century and early 20th), so you can't really compare his pieces to Mozart, for example.[/size]
-
[size=1]... Err, if they ever were made downloadable, I guess that would've happened around 3 years ago, around the time they actually posted this thread. :whoops: Well, anyway, [b]c4slayer[/b], it's against the rules to bring up (really) old threads - that are way beyond the first two pages - so I'm going to lock this thread. Please don't do it again, thank you very much. If you've got any questions, feel free to [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2223]send me a Private Message[/url] about it. :)[/size]
-
[size=1]Did you ever lie in bed, looking up, and think: "wow, I wish my ceiling wasn't as lame as it is now" and then started dreaming about how you [i]would[/i] like your ceiling to look like? Or maybe you've never been in that situation and you didn't think about looking at your ceiling until the very moment you read this topic? Are you the kind of person that'd like a blue sky with a few clouds, or perhaps a night sky instead? Would you like a lot of hearts or it to be totally black? Would you like an extremely detailed picture of elephants rushing at you, or perhaps you'd like the ceiling to have furniture, as if you're living upside down? Whatever the case is: [b]What would the ceiling of your dreams look like?[/b] And guess what? If this topic is fun enough, we might discuss other parts of your room! Oh happy day! Beware: [u][b][E][/b][/u] rated thread.[/size]
-
[size=1]Oh, but I didn't mean that you have to overlap all of the blue - because it indeed is a great colour - but you can let pictures overlap each other.[/size] [quote name='Trigun 11'][SIZE="1"]As for my next collage, it’s going to be OB-themed. I haven’t quite figured out what to put it in it. So, I’m open to suggestions.[/size][/quote] [size=1]This sounds very silly, and I don't even like doing it myself so much, but you might want to try and create an ehm... Well, one of those brainstorm things with "OTAKUBOARDS" in a circle in the middle and you just write down all the words that come to mind when you think of OtakuBoards. Just go for quantity while you brainstorm and check for quality later. :P I'll comment on the photos later, because now I'm rather busy, but I just want to mention that the first capture is really awesome. :][/size]
-
Is it okay to beat the crap out of your best friend's woman?
Boo replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Lunox;797147][font="trebuchet ms"]What? lol I think Boo meant lifting women up and putting them on a shoulder in a playful/flirting way, not a take-down method. [/font][/QUOTE][size=1]That's right.[/size][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Ehh, not quite. Men can't strike [I]ladies[/I]. Any woman who by her actions removes herself from that category is fair game, provided she really, [I]really[/I'] deserves it.[/FONT][/quote][size=1]But you can't really stretch the rule this far because some people won't be able to draw a just line.[/size] -
Is it okay to beat the crap out of your best friend's woman?
Boo replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
[quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]Why not? Why can I not hit a girl, but I can smack a man up left and right? This is the reason no one believes husbands when they get abused...[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1][i]You[/i] can beat women. You're only bound to the standard rules like "don't hit smaller people", "don't hit people with glasses" and "don't hit fat kids, because they'll feel let down by society". Men can't hit women, though. It's a rule. Good one at it. You may only lift women up and lift them over your shoulder or things like that. :)[/size] -
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Now as for Deus ex Machina, just do what the rest of us do, ignore him [strike]when he's like that[/strike].[/QUOTE][size=1]Perhaps we should ask the administrators to automatically put Deus ex Machina on new members their ignore lists. And they can't change it until they're past 50 posts or so. It might just be enough to let new members stay a bit longer.[/size]
-
[size=1]That's one major lot, so I'll try to comment on them somehow. :P Overall your use and placement of stock is really good and you apparently are really good with matching background colours and stock. What I'm not too fond of in most pieces is the text. It really varies per piece, but overall, the text seems to fail to stand out well (because it's for example small, blurry or it's placed oddly) or fit the rest of the atmosphere in a lot of the pieces. My favourite banner is probably [i]"ichinellle2.png"[/i]. The way the stock blends in with the background is swell and candy for the eye. Or the one you're using now, which is also really wonderful, but I don't really care for the text. Mainly "wrath" in the bottom, which doesn't seem to fit and mainly distracts one's eye. Though the atmosphere of the banner is really nice. All in all, good job on all of them. [/size]
-
[size=1]You can't go wrong with a monkey on a bicycle. Anyway, I really like the collages. The shade of blue is chosen well and it's cool that not one of the boards (are those your own designs?) is pasted vertically or horizontally straight on the collage. For a next time, you could add more to the collage. Don't be afraid to overlap or that it might look too busy or anything - it's a collage. :P I sure hope to see more of these in the future, because I love collages and it's not often that you see them here. The drawings, like said, are evident of a hand that could surely grow into something really great. Especially the second pictures proves of that. It has really 'natural' lines, that flow into each other well, while still keeping that not entirely realistic style. Great job on the nose too. Maybe for a next time you could try some more poses, with the legs in the back of the picture in an other position than those in the fron of the picture and/or the head/neck of the creature in an other position. It's good anatomy practice. :] The picture of the dog is adorable, I want such a dog too. :x The grey shades work well with the look of the dog. It's just a pity that the focus of the photo isn't entirely on him. Instead it seems to be on the floor. But it's a dog, so getting a clear focus is really difficult. I hope that we'll see more of your work in the nearby future, I'm enjoying it and smell lot's of promise. :][/size]
-
[quote name='VincentTheGreat']Hi, I've been part of MyOtaku for a while now, 2005 I think, but never got around to going to this site. I'm looking forword to getting to know those i don't know already. :animesmil[/QUOTE] [size=1]Don't think he means the spar forum. I conclude it was something on MyOtaku that we had no idea of. :
-
[size=1]Eep, I've wanted to do this some time ago, but I don't have really good audio editing material, so I'll have to work with Audacity until I get something better too. What can I do? Ehm... - Guitar - Bass - Lyrics - Melodic vocals (A lot - I probably have a Baritone voice) - Rhytmic vocals - Beatbox :] And more, but then I'll need to hi-jack my friend's place... Well, like I said, my recording/editing possibilities are kind of limited (I have a headset mic.), but I can at least write down what I can't record. Sounds like fun to be involved in this. :x[/size]
-
[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]I guess I can't type MM&TV anymore. D:[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Thank god we don't have to go through that torture anymore. x_x[/size]
-
[size=1]It has been that time of year (silent hint: [spoiler][color=orange][b]HALLOWEEN[/b][/color][/spoiler]), so now I long to know all about your Halloween experiences. Was there any trick-or-treating going on? If so, what did you get? If not, why didn't you go? And just to broaden the topic: Tell us all about your trick-or-treat experiences from the past. Any really bad experiences? Was there a night when you got so much candy that you couldn't carry it anymore? Have you been shot with a shotgun or chased down by a dog? And of course: Have you ever done a trick? I'm very interested, because I love sweets (especially when they're free), but in the Netherlands we barely celebrate halloween (the people that do are mostly loners). Discuss! [/size]