-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]Just saw it the other day and I love it. Super duper much. As mentioned, the details were great. Really, really great. Especially in the first part when you look around the trash and you can see so many little things everywhere, or the rubble all over the earth. It made me go wow. Plus, as Lunox said, everyone loves the main character. Every time something happens to him you hear everyone in the room holding their breath of making "ahhhh" noises or whatever. [spoiler]Think riding over the cockroach or getting a whole bunch of shopping carts on his head[/spoiler]. Absolutely love it.
-
[quote name='MaskedRider']You guys are all fired for not mentioning this.[/QUOTE] [quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]Which scenes in whic movies do you find to be classics? Is it [b]the "I am your father" scene in the Empire Strikes Back[/b], or the Mexican standoff in Reservoir Dogs?[/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]lol, major irony.[/size]
-
[size=1]I think I have an idea for [b]Breathe Again[/b]. Time to finally put Painter X to work again. Might reconsider this after a few attempts though. :\ [b][color=red]EDIT:[/color][/b] [center][b]Breathe Again[/b] [URL=http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=themesboobreatheagain00ss9.jpg][IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1796/themesboobreatheagain00ss9.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center] It sort of looks like something. In case you can't see, it's someone holding onto a rock in wild-ish waters. Didn't quite turn out as well as I would've hoped, but I might try a second attempt on regular drawing paper or canvas.[/size]
-
[quote name='Cat14']I try claimed a spot on the graphics worm after whoever is next once the Lucy/Shishou is done. I hope thats alright.[/QUOTE] [size=1]You're on the list. :) And thanks, Lucy. *confetti*[/size]
-
[size=1]Ha, I was doing this before I knew it. First I only had the one with the ladder when I figured out I wanted to do a series. The calendar idea sort of failed, though.
-
[size=1]It was actually Shishou's turn in the Graphic Worm, sorry Lucy. :\ I can see why you went though, because Shishou was actually over the time limit. If either of you wouldn't mind making a new piece, that would be a great way to fix this.[/size]
-
[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]I like your stuff! Especially the first one, which is probably my favorite out of the three.[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]Funny, because when I opened up this thread the first thing I thought was "hey, this remembers me of [strike]maladjusted[/strike] Lunox". :whoops: (the first is my favourite too, by the way) Well, I don't have much to add to what she said, I have to admit. I really like what I see in this thread and it seems like you have most under control (also from several angles, which is always a good thing). Like you said yourself, you might need a little more confidence, but your art is good enough for you to play around with styles a bit. Can't say much about the sketchy lines, because I've never stopped drawing with sketchy lines myself. Instead, I just cover them up with a thick B pencil and pretend like they've always been that way. Oh, but being someone with big feet I just have to say that the third person has rather small feet to stand on.[/size]
-
[quote name='Altorin']I Randomly Say "Du Bin ein Berliner", Which is German for "You Is A Jelly Doughnut" [/QUOTE][size=1]Actually, that above phrase means "You am a jelly doughnut". You might want to say "Du bist ein Berliner" from now on. I'd give you a sum up of slang words I occasionally use in Dutch, but I doubt that neither "geld" or "doekoes" will say much to the majority of you, so saying that one of them is street slang won't matter much. Just because, I'll mention that when I have to go for a big delivery, the toilet is called a "beerput" and when someone has done their big delivery they have "spaß gemacht" (yes, that's German). With English I need to get some things straight though. I catch myself using a huge mixture between everything, I suppose that a great deal of that is because of all you silly native American speakers. A teacher of mine verbally smacked me for saying "Anyhow" once, which I catch myself saying more often. Painful. :([/size] [quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]We use the term "tea towel". I think that's pretty common around Australia, although I'm not certain.[/font][/quote] [size=1]Actually, that's just European, so... Way to go, Aussies![/size]
-
[size=1]Okay then, just for the heck of it, I've got a banner coming up in a bit. [b]Edit:[/b] Here it is. I'm not too happy with the result but at least I got to make a banner again after a too long time. Besides, I want to have a shot at the shiny badge before I leave for France in the morning. :x [center][IMG]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1729/entry1anystyle02txtmc6.png[/IMG] [noparse][IMG]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1729/entry1anystyle02txtmc6.png[/IMG][/noparse][/center][/size]
-
[size=1]Seen Matt Damon when I accidentally bumped into the movie premier of Bourne Ultimatum in London last year. Was actually on my way to see Avenue Q and they were blocking the road, which made me a bit pissed off at first, until I realized that taking a quick photo or two wouldn't hurt for my photo book. After Avenue Q I talked and got on a photo with Simon Lipkin who did vocals for Trekkie Monster, Blue Bad Idea Bear and Nicky. :3 Eh, for the rest I've accidentally had Wir Sind Helden + baby a few inches away from me while they were about to go into a club to prep for a show, but all of you probably don't know them, anyway. Though apart from some Dutch people (I met my Dutch childhood heroes not so long ago and actually had a decent conversation with them. The woman of the two said I would find "the one" soon enough) and people I saw at concerts and festivals, that's about it.[/size]
-
[size=1]Just want to say that I'm glad to see that this show is now officially well on the road. And with that I also want to repeat Allomorph by encouraging any member of the community to vote for their favourite banner! Plus, I'm pretty excited about seeing the prizes, so do your best everyone. :whoops:[/size]
-
[quote name='Jeremy'][SIZE="1"]1. Learn principles of design 2. Use better fonts 3. Add effects At least you're making an effort to make banners, that's a step in the right direction. I'd advise you spend a lot of time browsing tutorials for GIMP and also learn about typography and composition, and color theory and whatnot. Good luck to you.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][color=green][size=1]Jeremy, please take another look at the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52171][b]Art Studio Basics[/b][/URL]. You've been around long enough to know that you should at least explain what your criticism is aiming at or is based on. Then the artist can actually put the criticism to good use, you don't look like you're being an arse and we have a nice and friendly atmosphere to post your art in. Thank you very much, Boo[/size][/color]
-
[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]No point really.^^ [/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]How about: Epic fun, epic laughter, epic schadenfreude, et cetera? Killing your companions is epic fun. [color=#EDDDDD]At least it was on Four Swords.[/color][/size]
-
[size=1]I smell that it's finally time to buy a Nintendo DS. ... After checking the Square site and finding out about Tactics A2 right after Chrono Trigger... I... I think I need to go to the bathroom.[/size]
-
[size=1]I don't do weird stuff when I'm under influence of anything. Sorry to disappoint you. :([/size]
-
[size=1]You kids who think that tea stinks have noooo idea whatsoever what tea is, because it just so happens to be that tea smells darn good. I drink teas as often as I can, varying incredibly much. At the moment we have some "Tropical Fruits" and "Peach... 'n' stuff" from Lipton that I like a lot. Though, normally I go for orange tea, or liquorice tea, or "winter tea", or "goodnight tea", or ordinary Earl Grey tea, or green tea sometimes, or rooibos when I'm at my girlfriend's - where I also have "Früh dich tee" occasionally and and... Well, basically I drink a lot of teas. Nowadays only sugar gets into my cup (two lumps/cubes of sugar, most of the time), but I used to add milk to it. However, as nice as it is to add milk, often it covers some of the taste. :( People, drink more tea. Not just Starbucks tea, but actual 'ordinary' tea. I'd send teabags to you if necessary.[/size]
-
[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms][b]The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled[/b]: Amazing animation, not-so-amazing storytelling. But the animation=two thumbs up.[/font][/QUOTE] [size=1]When I first saw the Thief and the Cobbler I was so amazed, but I couldn't find out more about the movie anymore. I'm so happy I saw this post.
-
[size=1]... Who's that Debresko or something you're talking about?[/size]
-
[kuja]i miss teh n00b loung. :bawl:[/kuja] [size=1][color=#EDEDED]I think I miss a whole bunch of members anyway and I won't even start to mention them. Plus, I miss a lot of the art studio's past artists and activity. [/color][/size]
-
[size=1]I drive people (including neighbours and people three blocks away from our house) insane with my funky guitar and bass magic. I wish I was ordered to play an instrument though. Like piano. I want to play piano. Or violin, flute or double bass. Or saxophone. Rathest all of them. :([/size]
-
[quote name='Retribution'][font=Arial]Love is yelling at your little brother all day, and then having his back as soon as someone else picks on him. Love is when you argue with your parents, run away from home, and they come looking for you despite your insanity. Love is forgiving in the face of reason, wishing well for someone no matter what they feel about you, sacrificing your personal comfort for them, telling a hard truth, etc.[/font][/QUOTE][size=1][i]Ditto used "Quoted for Truth" on Retribution![/i][/size]
-
[size=1]The Dwemer Puzzle Box is indeed incredibly hard to find. I think they eventually made a patch that replaced the Puzzle Box to a shelf near the entrance. But ehm, the normal way to get it is described by GameBanshee like this: [quote=GameBanshee]For the Dwemer Puzzle Box, you'll want to hang a u-turn at the bottom of the ramp in the first large room and find another narrow cavern path close by that leads up to the second level of the largish room that has the three doors. The ramp is a little inconspicuous to find since it looks like a normal rock formation. But yes, you're supposed to walk up it. Once up on the level, go through the only door, defeat your only opponent (who can be a little tough for a level 1 or 2 character so be prepared), and grab the Dwemer Puzzle Box on the shelf to your left. It's small.[/quote] Or if you're playing it on a PC, you can go the easy way and just pop up your console with '~' and type Open the console ~ and type: [b]player->AddItem "misc_dwrv_ark_cube00" 1[/b]. Which is what I did myself, because I didn't want to be bothered with trying to find miniscule objects. [/size]
-
[size=1]And for these kinds of threads I think we have the Manga Alley forum! So I'll move the thread there. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me. :)[/size]
-
[size=1]Being the only active member of a forum [i]and[/i] being the only member at all who'd be willing to spend his time on sorting the Graphic Worm thread, that all helps a lot too. But... What's this free will idea you speak of? [spoiler]Didn't you all just wake up with ball and chains in a creepy dungeon with only a computer?..[/spoiler] We get a neat title. ^__^[/size]
-
[size=1]If there's an alternative or any way to fix it, you will want to learn about it and use the information when you tell your parents about failing the original course. You might want to say that you failed it only one time and then repeat the solution a few times, in case they are deaf for anything except "I failed :bawl:" for a while. If there's nothing you can do about it anymore, just tell them without the information. I wonder how much more pleasant they'll be if they find out about it a whole lot later. [/size]