-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[size=1]I've just bought [i]A Long Way Down[/i] by Nick Hornby and have finished the first page or so. I bought the book because before I read [i]High Fidelity[/i], [i]About A Boy[/i] and [i]How To Be Good[/i], all of which rocked my socks. Therefore I figured that this might result in the same. Later I found out that on the back there's a super positive review by Johnny Depp. No idea what it really is about yet. On the back it said something about a man wanting to commit suicide, but his plan was interrupted bij some others who all came up with the same plan. It's a Hornby, so it should be great.[/size]
-
[size=1]If your idea could include the Art Studio and give people experience posts to create posts there (more quality results in better rewards), I'm all for. You could also have people post art and ask for a certain degree of criticism. You get very little experience from really soft criticism and you get a lot more when you request very nitpicky criticism. ... Yeah. Sounds great. Anyhow, I know that there's forum features for vB that allow RPG things. If they could be implemented on a smaller scale, that'd be great. Or maybe this event could use a part of the OB Network or something.[/size]
-
[size=1]I'm going to quote a PM I replied to someone a while ago who asked as similiar question, because I'm lazy like that. [QUOTE=Boo][size=1]I myself use mostly either Jasc's (well, it used to be Jasc, now it's part of Corel Studios) Paintshop Pro (7 or 9) or Adobe's Photoshop CS2 for my graphics. Most of the artists here on OtakuBoards use the latter, as far as I know, but there are a few that prefer Paintshop Pro. Or using them both. :P Legally, they're both rather expensive. There should be a trial for Photoshop CS[b]3[/b] on the Adobe website. Download page is found here: [url=http://www.adobe.com/downloads/?ogn=EN_US-gntray_dl_trialdownloads][color=blue][u]Adobe - Downloads[/u][/color][/url]. I don't think there's a trial version for the regular Paintshop Pro anymore, though there is a new Photo X2 version and Corel Painter X that might be the same idea, but better. :P You could try it out, it's on Corel's trial page: [url=http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Content/1152796555406][u][color=blue]Corel's Free Trials[/u][/color][/url]. Heck, I'm going to try the Corel programs out myself as well.[/size][/QUOTE] I can't be too sure about that specific wallpaper of course, but with for example Photoshop you would be able to make something at least as good as that wallpaper. Of course it all takes practice anyway. Personally I found Jasc's Paint Shop Pro the most beginner friendly of the programs I've tried out myself. You could try PSP7, it's pretty dated now, but can still deliver quality work. Oh and by the way: Don't worry, this is the right place for such questions. ;P[/size]
-
[size=1]Well, that's the point. It has been in her moderator title for ages and now it's in her member title. I wannit too![/size]
-
[size=1]Lady Sphyx roxx, that's why there's a star in her name. Plus, she's got friends in high places. Teh Silly Circus was about everything and nothing altogether. People tried to remake it but they didn't get much further than half a day or something. I should know. :p [/size]
-
[size=1]Well, after typing "ot" in the URL bar and pressing down and enter, I come online hoping for the pop-up indicating a new PM. Of course, there is none, because the only reason people send me PMs is because I'm a moderator, but basically people only PM moderators when something is going on in their area. Which leads me to number two: Art Studio. I check if there's new posts. If so, I'll open up the forum in a new tab. The same goes for the Staff forum and the Information Kiosk. One of my most basic things in the routine is trying to keep the Graphic Worm up to date. I noticed that I sometimes fail in that, though. :( The Backroom also often has it's tab, to look for upcoming RPs or something, but most of the time there's nothing to interest me.[/size]
-
[size=1]It already helps a lot to do screams and hard yelling with your nose and not your throat. If you practice it a bit, this is the way to keep up for at least 2 songs, whereas with your throat you will be dead after a few seconds. [/size]
-
[quote name='Riku'][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]There's also a funny story behind it where her peach cobbler won first and second place, lol.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]No sharing, no boasting. I actually make everything according to a secret recipe. With pure luck I just happen to be able to make everything I touch in the kitchen über delicious. Varying from a toasted pear to a moisty piece of bread. My mother makes this thing with foam and rice and apple and things and it's amazing. I need to learn how to make it once. :([/size]
-
[quote name='Riku'][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]And please, let's not be like High School Musical and break into song as we eat lunch or play baseball, mmkay?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]... I suppose that that generally just happens in musicals, except that High School Musical just has a bad story and setting so they can't come up with other things for their music to start.[/size]
-
[size=1]I think music would be something to add once the musical has a steady storyline. I wouldn't mind at all to write an entire musical with anyone who's willing. Ironically enough I've just applied for a Writing For Performance school which requires me to write these things anyhow. :P So, is this going to be an RP with everything happening spontaneously post per post? I think we should make up the basic storyline and then the acts, and then actually do the whole thing with a kind of chapter-system. Then almost each act would have a song as it's climax and some of us would have made music for it that some will then write to during the actual play itself... This would require very good writers and at least as good musicians though. XD If the music doesn't work out we could try [strike]stealing[/strike] using other musical's music, of course. :P[/size]
-
[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I have also had this thought, or at least a similar one. I'd love to do something featuring music or poetry is some meaningful way. Basically it would be a 'norma'l RPG, except the characters would spontaneously burst into song every now and again. So yeah, I love this idea. Maybe we could start coming up with some basic story ideas and flesh this out a bit more? -Shy[/size][/QUOTE][size=1]Ditto, I've been thinking about the same idea a few times. There'd be nothing cooler than a story that involves random bursts of singing. However, I think this would require everyone to do it on their own and not because other people a few posts earlier tell them to. The idea of Roxas sounds more like a game-ish thing about lyrics whereas Shy's idea sounds more like a genuine musical. Oh, but just in between:[/size] [quote name='Roxas']Although, I think an Action Musical would somewhat be a comedy in itself... as why would anyone really burst into song while beating up someone else, let alone the whole world for that matter, and not to mention the fact that the bad guy somehow knows the lyrics...[/quote] [size=1]The action scenes in West Side Story are legendary. :P I wouldn't mind trying to create some of such scenes in between. Though of course genuine action things like Rambo would become a bit more something that Dragon Warrior would come up with. Being a fan of musical (films) like West Side Story, Grease, Moulin Rouge! and Lion King, I would very much not mind taking part in this. :3[/size]
-
[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]And thank you also for your advice, Red. (Yes, I did mean [b]that[/b] London. ;)) I'll be going there in May -- can't wait!! I've also heard from a former Londoner that it's generally a bad idea to get drunk at night... something about being dangerous and running into other drunk blokes? Although, that kind of applies to any place, if you think about it. ^^;[/color][/QUOTE] [size=1]That's pretty much the UK, for you. Not so much London only. You don't even have to be drunk to be punched up in Manchester or Liverpool during the day. *glances at Vicky and Ezekiel* Though when you're in the UK, you should of course go pubbing instead of clubbing, but yeah. I'm supposed to go to the island again too for my study in the third week of May, though I'm still deciding where to go exactly. :([/size]
-
[size=1][center][size=8][font=Georgia]Graphic Worm 20[color=red]08[/color][/size] [size=5]Discussion thread[/size][/font][/center] Welcome all to the discussion thread of the Graphic Worm 20[color=red]08[/color]! For the original Graphic Worm thread, follow this link over here: [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58548][b][color=red]GW'08[/color][/b][/url]. So, we've come across plenty of difficulty with not only this year's Graphic Worm, but with any other Graphic Worm as well, so I thought it was well time for a discussion thread to be made. This also to avoid a mess in the original thread. In this thread you can discuss anything related to the Graphic Worm, but of course we focus on the topics on how to improve it. Right now, I think the best topic to discuss would be: [b]How to keep the worm alive[/b]. By now we have figured out that the [b]claim[/b] system worked for a little while and then pretty much completely died. I think I expected a bit too much from our human members when I entered that system. It had to replace the list system, where people would sign up for a spot on the list and in time it'd be their turn and I'd PM them to [strike]force[/strike] remind them to make their piece. However, this system was pretty dead too at times and it didn't progress so well when people needed, let's say, a week to do their piece and everyone had to wait for that to happen. So, any ideas on the matter would be great. Want to invent an entirely new revolutionary system? I'm up for it! We can't really exclude of course that maybe, just maybe, people are just really busy right now so they can't claim, but that's perhaps why we need a system that leaves them no choice!.. Or well, maybe some. Discuss plenty! Also, a few days ago we hit the 3 month anniversary mark. Party![/size]
-
[size=1]... Ironically it seems to die sooner as soon as people actually have the choice to do their piece. ¬_¬' I'll [b]claim[/b] the next spot myself for the time being, but yeah. [b]Edit:[/b] [URL=http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graphicwormboo002blueskjj6.jpg][IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6097/graphicwormboo002blueskjj6.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] I'm horrible busy so well, I tried to make sure it wouldn't be too horrible to follow up, I suppose.[/size]
-
[quote name='Boo][size=1]Don't google the word, they don't give the real answers to the questions of [b']shlum.[/b][/quote] I already found out that others think they have an idea what [b]shlum[/b] is, but they're wrong. Period. It was a divine revelation during a conversation between Ezekiel and me. Their's is just a made up word. We demand creativity and insight to find the real meaning of [b]shlum[/b]! There are suddenly signs of [b]shlum[/b] all over the Earth. I found this sign just a moment ago. It was extra terrifying because I live in the Netherlands, so this sign had come a long way: [center][IMG]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6062/shlummedievalshlumsignzr6.png[/IMG][/center] If you find any of such signs, please let me know. Or you could tell the government, but they'll tell you you're mad and that do everything to control this threat to their supreme rule.[/size]
-
[size=1]Hello good citizens of OtakuBoards. You may know me as the hermit of the Art Studio. Or.. you may not know me like that, that's also a possibility. Some call me Boo, some call me... Well, I don't know. But anyway, it's not the point how you know me, it's the point if you know [b]shlum[/b]. Now [b]shlum[/b] is a mistery. I have not been able to completely solve it yet, so I need everyone's help on it. Don't google the word, they don't give the real answers to the questions of [b]shlum[/b]. Like I said, I need everyone's help to solve the mistery of [b]shlum[/b]. Ezekiel and I have been breaking our heads over this case. We were sitting just talking and suddenly we both had the revelation of [b]shlum[/b]. It has appeared in many forms. So far we've found out these things: [list][*]Do not use [b]shlum[/b] just randomly in people's names. [b]Shlum[/b]slinger does not sound like a good idea. [*]It's musically adaptable: Shlum shlummidee shlum shlummidee shlumshlum shlumeeeee A shlum is as shlummy As shlummy can be Shlum shlummidee shlum shlummidee shlumshlum shlumeeeee Good shlum will rub off when I shlum shlums with you Or shlum me a shlum And that's shlummy too [*]It is very easy to censore your swearing with, though they only sound worse and more offensive when you do so. [*]It's like a disease. Once you [b]shlum[/b], you never go... back.[/list] Please anybody, can someone help on the topic of [b]shlum[/b]? Think of anything you can think of but of course don't spam, or this topic will be closed and Ezekiel and I will never find our answers. [color=gray](footnote: we are two of the "creativity moderators", so one of the purposes of the thread is of course to have people come up with creative solutions to the mistery of [b]shlum[/b])[/color][/size]
-
[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"][size=4][SIZE="5"][B][U]EDIT:[/U][/B] [/SIZE]By the way people, do yourself a favor and don't click on what [SIZE="5"]Aceburner[/SIZE] just posted unless you want to lose [U]everything[/U] you are doing in firefox since you'll have to close it and restart the program.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [size=1]With my mighty IE I just got Rick 'n' Rolled and that was it. :( (I should've closed the window first though, the lyrics would've been more handy during the song than afterwards...) Oh, and this was not half as bad as the girl with the leek.[/size]
-
[size=1]We could go for .pm to please the Pokémon lovers. :)[/size]
-
[size=1]I thought we were going for .wand to appeal to all the fantasy fans across the globe. And Gavin, we can't ever let that thread rest, because it's one of the most important ones in OtakuBoards history. [strike]Because of that thread I'm OzymandiusJones best friend![/strike] Ahem, I mean... It's been a big break through in our neat totalitarian democratic system![/size]
-
[size=1]I was just checking that thread when I saw your post... :( Anyhow, the search engine hates The Complaint. We should fix it! Any member should have easy access to it![/size]
-
[size=1]You can post up your own selfmade AMVs in the Art Studio if you want to post them. :)[/size]
-
[size=1]There we go... Hmph. [URL=http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graphicwormboo002ahahky8.jpg][IMG]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9470/graphicwormboo002ahahky8.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/size]
-
[size=1]Bug in the system... I PM'd Samedi-Mai that they have 24 hours to adjust their picture, or their spot is free to claim again.[/size]
-
[size=1]Thanks for helping them, guys. I'd like to take this chance to remind everyone to thoroughly [color=red][b]read the rules and the opening post[/b][/color] of the [b]Graphic Worm 20[color=red]08[/color][/b]. It doesn't take so much effort to do so and it would keep everything and everyone happy. :) Especially the updated bit can't be missed. [quote name='Boo'][size=1]As of [color=red][b]03/03/2008[/b][/color] you get a turn in the Graphic Worm if you [b]claim[/b] it. [b]Claim[/b]ing goes as followed: To start off, someone posts their piece for the Graphic Worm. Then a next person reacts to it, mentioning that they [b]claim[/b] the next spot. They then have [b]24 hours[/b] ([b]1[/b] day) to complete their piece in the Graphic Worm. As soon as they have posted up their piece (not before then) the next person can [b]claim[/b] a turn, and so on. [color=red]Please note that you can not [b]claim[/b] a turn before the person before you has posted their picture and if you fail to post up your piece within [b]24 hours[/b] ([b]1[/b] day) after you [b]claimed[/b] it, you will be skipped and someone else can take your place in line.[/color] [/size][/QUOTE] Secondly, I'd like to ask everyone to give others a bit of a chance. If you've just had a turn in the Graphic Worm but you see that it has just been updated, you might want to [b][color=red]give others some time to claim a spot or two before you go at it again[/color][/b]. I don't want to make a rule about this - because I think that you can use your own judgement in the case - but I will if it appears to be necessary. Thank you very much for your attention, now get back to having fun![/size]
-
[size=1]Pardon me for the slow updates, I'm not at home right now (heck, I'm not even in the same country), but I promise you we're working on it. :) The most likely plan is to fuse Art By Request with the Graphics Resources idea and change the title of the subforum. For one issue, I'm trying to think of titles that work, haha. There would be a directory thread for the Graphics Resources to keep them organised, while you post the resources themselves in seperate threads. You could even just make one thread per person, because I can link back to seperate posts, of course. Anyhow, if you know any reccomendable sites that we could refer to perhaps, feel free to PM me.[/size]