Imp Posted November 9, 2002 Posted November 9, 2002 Anyone collect them? How many do you have? What's your favorite? This is the official Beanoe Baby club!!! I have collected them since I was nine, and I have over 100 of them now. They're sooooo cute! Some are expensive, like the retired ones, but they sell them cheap in other places!!! What's your story with them? :luv:
Guest Anakin Solo Posted November 9, 2002 Posted November 9, 2002 My mom used to buy me them....But I really don't see the big fuss that was over them...They are just a animal stuff with little round thingys, nothing too special there, least in my mind. But now we are selling all of ours. :D
Transtic Nerve Posted November 9, 2002 Posted November 9, 2002 I have the McDonalds one... that I want to sell.
Sara Posted November 9, 2002 Posted November 9, 2002 [size=1]I used to have a bunch of the cats. All their names ended with 'ip,' it was rather disturbing....[/size]
MarkM Posted November 9, 2002 Posted November 9, 2002 i stoped collecting in fourth grade. I started in preschool. all of mine have tages, and i have all the rare ones. i'll prolly sell them somday! oh yeah...i have over 500 all together :)
Ryan Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 [size=1][color=firebrick] I starting collecting in kindergarten and every week I got my allowance I went and bought one. Now I have lke 300 in my room in a basket just lying around, and about 400 in my attic. My sister has like 100 in her room too that are her old ones. I have all of the McDonald's ones also. I am keeping them for my kids whenever I grow up.[/size][/color]
MysticBabe Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 i stopped collecting them since the whole shut down thing and restarting. now i only get like the cute ones and the bears if i care to buy them.
Silent Death Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 Never had one and didn't see the purpose of collecting them so I have none.
Lady Asphyxia Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 [color=darkred]I got given one, I think. By one of my friends for my birthday. I don't know if I still have it. [/color]
Renee Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 I have a snake one on acount of it's my year in the Chinese zodaic.*nodnod*
GotenksSSJ343 Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 i have a couple hundred and still get more from my grandmother the bigger ones are nice to keep you warm with and the latest one I have is the Ferret I think it's called runner. I have them all over my room too.
Coronet Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 I have perhaps 60 of them, but I will honestly say my real love for them died down a few years back. I guess I just keep them as keepsakes or to eventually auction off on Ebay since I do have a great deal of rarer and retired ones.
Boba Fett Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 [COLOR=green]I used to collect only one type of Beanie Baby, the "Mel" koala one. :the rock: I have around sixty sitting on a ledge above my fireplace. I haven't bought any new ones for a while, but for some reason that one just appealed to me...[/COLOR]
isawis Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 my mom used to like them for about a week so we have 14...their on a ledge above the doors behind me...their in little clear boxes so nothing happens to them...
Guest pinkpanther Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 I dont like beanie babies..to much money to spend on some animal shaped bean bags..i dont see the addiction to those darn things
Sui Generis Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 I collected them for awhile and actually had some of the expensive ones. I had the whole McDonald's set every time they came out. But I came to my sense one day and sold them for roughly $400. That was awesome. Now a'days I honestly can't see how a sack of beads can be worth so much money.
Ryan Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 [size=1][color=firebrick] If I would sell them I would be rich! I dunno. My mom want me to keep them so my children can play with them or I could sell them when I am an adult and they would be worth more. Kind of a good plan, so i'm sticking to it.[/size][/color]
MarkM Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 Ryan you just reminded me that i have more under my bead and in the adic......dang i have more of those things then i thought!
Ryan Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 [size=1][color=firebrick] THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!INVASION!!!!! Ok, well am I suppose to say your welcome or something? I dunno. Does anybody know how they were so addicting? They are just fabric and beans. There was just something about them, I just can't put my finger on it.[/size][/color]
Genkai Posted November 10, 2002 Posted November 10, 2002 heh....yeah, i remember how everyone hated BBs in the thread about cruddy toys... i have super retired ones, like lizzie original(blue yellow black whatever), mint condition, tags, wutnot..... heh... cause evn when i was 6, i knew they'd be worth a lot...... and they will be.
Syk3 Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 I used to collect them, a long time ago. I got a lot too, and a few rare ones, but now that I look back, I'm not quite sure why I started collecting them in the first place. o_O Anywho, I plan to sell them in the future when they become a collectors item and all that. ::imagines all the cash he'll get::
Kinetic Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i] [B]Now a'days I honestly can't see how a sack of beads can be worth so much money. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=darkblue] Only if they're hackey sacks. Hackey Sack is the best game ever :) Anyway, I have a few, a snake, a lizard, and a Sammy Sosa/Mark McGuire pair. They're not worth anything, though, because my brother removed the tags and took them in the bath :| I shall never touch them again . . . [/color]
Tasrai Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [COLOR=green][B]Go to next post please[/COLOR][/B]
Tasrai Posted November 11, 2002 Posted November 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ryan [/i] [B][size=1][color=firebrick] I starting collecting in kindergarten and every week I got my allowance I went and bought one. Now I have lke 300 in my room in a basket just lying around, and about 400 in my attic. My sister has like 100 in her room too that are her old ones. I have all of the McDonald's ones also. I am keeping them for my kids whenever I grow up.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=green][B]I'm like that except that me and me friend collected them together like split the cost and stuff, but now they are all stuffed in baskets, all have their tags, which are in tag protecters. We are going to save them for our kids, or when we need money as a grown-ups we could just sell one.[/B][/COLOR]
BearsBaby635 Posted November 12, 2002 Posted November 12, 2002 [color=blue] I love Beanie babies! I just love any kind of stuffed animal really. But my favs would have to be Nanook, Pugsley (I have 3 pugs) and hmm...letssee...what's the bear's name w/ all the little lip prints? Smooch I think. ^.^ they are SO cute. I still collect some of them but I'm running out of room (and no, I'm not like a little nine year old who carries a teddy bear around...I'm a 14 y/o :-P) [/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now