OtakuBoards

:) What do u think about OtakuBoard?

Guest AnimeGurl

Guest AnimeGurl
hmmmmm... is it fun?... I think it is pretty fun because you get to write ur own comments and you can create a new theard or poll. How about you? :

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SunRiZe
Otakuboards, in my opinion, is a fun, vibrant, exciting place to meet and greet people of all ages/races/genders.

It has far surpassed many other boards for it's post quality and content, and our rocking skins and hacks which make it a site above all else,

I have been here since version 5, and things are definately looking up for OB

WOOO!!!! IDIOTIC CROWD!!!!!! !I'M SOOOOOOO SOWN WITH THAT!!!

heheheh...... i love OB.. ive only been here since v5, july, but my 890 or some posts have carried me well. it's very fun, and many forums ive been to dont compare. the only other forum i regularly visit is my friend's, and that's much worse than this (no offense big sister jessie!!!!)..

i love otaku boaRDS....

speaking of idiotic crowds.............. I'm gonna go beat up some of those hockey players with a watermelon, like those guys over there!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! SONIC FLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! mmmmmmmm.... pop tarts...

I don't feel that it's really tailored to an idiotic crowd. Every online forum is bound to attract its fair share of jerks, but the boards seem to attract a larger share of quality members as opposed to morons. Things can get fairly crazy, but I've seen almost everyone say something interesting at one time or another.

I pretty much value the diverse subject matter that the boards allow. It doesn't just cater to anime fans. The only anime that I watch is DragonBallZ, which is very dated, and I'm still able to enjoy myself.

The membership is pretty tight too. It's easy to make friends, and there isn't a lot of flaming. That's very important to me. A rude attitude immediately turns me off. Even during the most heated debates and whatnot, people remain pretty civil.

The history of the boards is very rich too. Everyone and their mother probably have cool memories, such as Version 2, or a cool thread or a role-playing game that they took part in.

I'm not really much into online forums, so there has to be [I]something[/I] unique about this place, lol.

[size=1]Wheee, v2 was fun! ::goes on for a long time, simply because CWB brought it up::

Well, not really. I'm not Nerdsy, after all. ^_^

Erh, well. I like it here, most of the time. I guess I must, or I wouldn't have stuck around this long. The only reason I keep coming, tho, is the people. I'd have no problem if OB suddenly ceased to exist, if there were an alternate means to keep in touch with the people I've gotten to know here. Unfortunately, there's no other option I've found to be quite so easily accessible and compact.

::waves at everyone::[/size]

[color=royalblue]These boards hold to many memories for me to just leave now, after all i've almost been around for 2 and a half years :)[/color]

[color=red] I've been here off and on for about a year now. And there's got to be [i]something[/i] about these boards for keeping me enthralled.

It's not the forums, name, or whatnot that make this wonderful place.

It's the people. The variously intersting personalities, and creative people are what make this a wonderful place.

So, I think these are the best boards I've ever been a part of, and that's saying more than seems.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]It's been kind to me for nearly two years now. What amazes me is that I have spent, and am still spending, so much time on an online forum...o.O

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Kind of disturbing, really....[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Kind of disturbing, really....[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] How is that disturbing? A disturbing addiction? O_o...

I mean, when you get right down to it, OB is addicting.

If it weren't, then why would all of these members be here still?[/color]

Well I can't really say that spending time here is my favorite thing to do. However, this version seems to be the most interesting one in some time. I've been visiting for 1 year 10 months, and when I joined there were a lot more people fighting and doing their best to disturb the peace. I actually found those times to be the best and most interesting. I really enjoyed telling off such people as thimoc 2, IFYM, and I especially loved fighting with my ultimate rival, SSJGoten. At least then I felt like I did something with a purpose. Heated discussions about why some anime character does something that doesn't make sense to somebody else aren't really my bag.

[FONT=arial]OB has been pretty neat. I've been here since v.2 (yeah, big whoopty, some have been here since the v.1, lol). that's gotta be sayin' somethin' when there's people here from about....what, two or three years ago who still regularly post. I don't go to any other forums because frankly, most message boards suck. but these are pretty cool, so....yeah! :mrt:
-amibasuki[/FONT]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Otakuboards is pretty good, can't complain too much nor would I do so verbally anyway here. Though with all things there is always room for improvement and this applies to even OtakuBoards.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Foredaddy [/i]
[B]*did I mention its opposite day*:) [/B][/QUOTE]

By saying it's opposite day don't you actually imply it's [i]not[/i] opposite day. :P

Anyway, I think OB is pretty good, considering I have been going here for over a year and a half, since around the start of version 2.0 I believe. Eh, I can never rememeber anyways...

And I guess what keeps me here are some of the other old posters, and of course my little baby, the Adventure Arena (previously Games and RPGs (previously Games and Stories)).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlock [/i]
[B]the Adventure Arena (previously Games and RPGs (previously Games and Stories)). [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I [i]still[/i] call it G/S....and no one has any clue what I'm talking about...And Otaku Lounge [it is still Otaku Lounge, right?] is GD, and Sephiroth will always be 'Safer.' Heh.

Me? No, I'm not set in my ways....

And Mitch, I am [i]not[/i] addicted to this place...Anymore. :p[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I [i]still[/i] call it G/S....and no one has any clue what I'm talking about...And Otaku Lounge [it is still Otaku Lounge, right?] is GD, and Sephiroth will always be 'Safer.' Heh.

Me? No, I'm not set in my ways....

And Mitch, I am [i]not[/i] addicted to this place...Anymore. :p[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] I heard that lying tone, tisk tisk :nono: Repent for your lie for it is untrue, and you are beset with an addiction here.

You're not a very good liar :p[/color]

[color=royalblue]I'm kind of like CWB, in the sense that I rarely ever visit online forums.

But OtakuBoards has a magic about it that few other places on the 'net posess, which gives it that hardcore audience.

It's true though, OtakuBoards is nothing without its people. And that's the key. :)

I really think OB is probably the single best anime community out there (I'm sure Adam would agree lol), in terms of the hardcore following and the general devotion by staff and members.

Even when things get rocky, the boards somehow survive and continue to grow. It's great. :)[/color]

This is the first forum i have stuck with. I like it because it doesn't just tailor to my anime needs, but to my poetry gamer and a lot of what makes me who i am. Other forums usually focus on one thing. Sometimes the spamming and language are annoying but im usually guilty of the first, but not much anymore.