OtakuBoards

Hey James/Adam, some clarification?

Several members have noticed taht their post count has significantly decreased upon the switch to Version 6.5, myself included.

Could you please let us know why our post count has been lowered?

Note: I am doing this in a thread rather than a PM because that way everybody can read it.

Posts may not have counted, but when deleteing the forum, the software HAD to recognize that posts were in fact being destroyed like yesterdays news. Honestly, it fooled the databases, and caused some losing of posts. I lost like 15, but I waSNT A big poster in the newb lounge.

I feel sorry for those who spent lotsa time there, hehe...

[color=royalblue]Piro is right. I suspect that originally Intro/Newbie Lounge counted posts...and then didn't. So anyone who had posted earlier has lost some posts.

My message is simple: Get over it. Since when are posts important? We need to get away from this "higher posts = better" mentality. During the transition to v6, we were trying to find a better alternative -- we may not have even [i]had[/i] post counts anymore. Unfortunately there was really nothing worthwhile available.

But still, I really hope that people take less notice of posts in future. They aren't that important.[/color]

[size=1]::whines loudly:: I lost [i]three hundred posts[/i].

Jay-[i]ames[/i]!!! Make it better!!!

:bawl:

Mm, yah. [i]Any[/i]hoo...

I don't think NL ever counted for posts. Intro did for a while, but that was changed ages ago.

I think the same thing happened with the test forum when it was deleted. Even tho' posts didn't count in there [anymore], lots of people losts a lot of posts [lots of lots, there] and were quite upset about it.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i]
[B]There isnt...get over it bubby. Its glitchy software and nothing more. :-D [/B][/QUOTE]

....misunderstood...again... see the big green fella with big teeth? He's there to make sure people realise I was trying to be ironic. Yes! Emoticons are actually good for something! :D

Anyhoo...

Here's an idea! :) Since everyone seems to be saying that post counts don't matter, why don't we just reset everyone's post count back to zero? Everyone would be a newbie again. Wouldn't that be kewl? ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]My guess would be because the Newbie Lounge at point counted posts. Then it was made not to count them. So with the deletion of the Newbie Lounge, the people who posted there lost those posts that they put in there.

Not that it matters.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ya, thats most likely. I remeber that the post used to count, but now they don't. I lost like 30 post, but it doesn't matter, I mean, in the end, does it matter if your a Otaku or a member?

Guest cloricus
I haven't looked at mine to tell the truth.
I have this to say tho, I spent ages on these boards and after all this time I finally got to 500 posts and you make it so ANYONE can have avatars!!! (That aren?t in the list.)

-Lord Epssy

[color=indigo]Piro is right. During v3 and part of v4, posts counted in the Introduction forum, and then James made it so posts didn't count in there anymore. But, for people that had posted in there before, they still had all the old posts. But, when the whole forum was deleted, those old posts got deleted, so they lost them. I myself lost about 150, though a few of those were also from the Classic Gaming forum being deleted.

Personally, I'd like it if, instead of a number for my post count, it just said "Classified." :D[/color]

:laugh:

I didn't even notice that Classic Gaming was deleted. Lots of stuff is going on here...

I will never forget that I had to remove my long link filled sig thanks to the no-HTML change. It was too much of a pain to convert it to vB lol. Oh well, time for a change.