Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Hey James/Adam, some clarification?


Recommended Posts

Posted
Several members have noticed taht their post count has significantly decreased upon the switch to Version 6.5, myself included.

Could you please let us know why our post count has been lowered?


Note: I am doing this in a thread rather than a PM because that way everybody can read it.
Posted
[color=red] I believe it is because of the moving of the My Picture forum, but, it could be something else. I'm not even certain James knows himself, to tell you the truth. But we'll see.[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
I remember when we moved to 6.0 I gained 2000 posts but a few days later it dropped signifigantly. Post count doesn't really matter though, and it was probably just a few threads that you posted a lot in were deleted.
[/color]
Posted
well, some peoples went down by like 400.. and some 40.. i didnt go down much, maybe......10 or sometihng...

I'm sure it will be taken care of.. i dun really care if our post counts are shown at ALL.
Posted
[color=red][b]I don't seem to have lost any. O well, I don't care about psot counts, it post [i]quality[/i] that counts.[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]My guess would be because the Newbie Lounge at point counted posts. Then it was made not to count them. So with the deletion of the Newbie Lounge, the people who posted there lost those posts that they put in there.

Not that it matters.[/color]
Posted
[color=red][b]If that is the case, I tened to stay away from the newbie lounge so I am all set.[/b][/color]
Posted
I'm almost positively sure it has something to do with the Newbie Lounge. Though, this puzzles me because posts weren't supposed to count in the NL. :shrug:

I don't really care, anyway.

-Justin
Posted
Posts may not have counted, but when deleteing the forum, the software HAD to recognize that posts were in fact being destroyed like yesterdays news. Honestly, it fooled the databases, and caused some losing of posts. I lost like 15, but I waSNT A big poster in the newb lounge.

I feel sorry for those who spent lotsa time there, hehe...
Posted
mine went down a little....but it dosn't matter. Im pretty sure Adam and James are well aware of the problem, But as for now dont have a cow about it becasue a few posts gone isn't tragic or anyhting...
Posted
First they lose their Lounge, and now they lose their post counts... gee... of course post counts don't matter..:rolleyes: dear o dear ...almost makes you think there's a conspiracy! :D
Posted
[color=royalblue]Piro is right. I suspect that originally Intro/Newbie Lounge counted posts...and then didn't. So anyone who had posted earlier has lost some posts.

My message is simple: Get over it. Since when are posts important? We need to get away from this "higher posts = better" mentality. During the transition to v6, we were trying to find a better alternative -- we may not have even [i]had[/i] post counts anymore. Unfortunately there was really nothing worthwhile available.

But still, I really hope that people take less notice of posts in future. They aren't that important.[/color]
Posted
[size=1]::whines loudly:: I lost [i]three hundred posts[/i].

Jay-[i]ames[/i]!!! Make it better!!!

:bawl:

Mm, yah. [i]Any[/i]hoo...

I don't think NL ever counted for posts. Intro did for a while, but that was changed ages ago.

I think the same thing happened with the test forum when it was deleted. Even tho' posts didn't count in there [anymore], lots of people losts a lot of posts [lots of lots, there] and were quite upset about it.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]NL counted for posts for a while, but I believe that our post counts were already shrunk because of that.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i]
[B]There isnt...get over it bubby. Its glitchy software and nothing more. :-D [/B][/QUOTE]

....misunderstood...again... see the big green fella with big teeth? He's there to make sure people realise I was trying to be ironic. Yes! Emoticons are actually good for something! :D

Anyhoo...

Here's an idea! :) Since everyone seems to be saying that post counts don't matter, why don't we just reset everyone's post count back to zero? Everyone would be a newbie again. Wouldn't that be kewl? ;)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]My guess would be because the Newbie Lounge at point counted posts. Then it was made not to count them. So with the deletion of the Newbie Lounge, the people who posted there lost those posts that they put in there.

Not that it matters.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ya, thats most likely. I remeber that the post used to count, but now they don't. I lost like 30 post, but it doesn't matter, I mean, in the end, does it matter if your a Otaku or a member?
Posted
A nice semi-solution would be to just not display the post counts at all without viewing a person's profile. It seems to work at a couple other boards I post at hah. People are too lazy to look I suppose.
Posted
I didn't lose a single post, at least none that I'm missing. ;)

If we did just get rid of them, that would be cool, certainly would stop a lot of spamming, most of which is to raise post counts.

Anywho, I'll shut up now. :)
Guest cloricus
Posted
I haven't looked at mine to tell the truth.
I have this to say tho, I spent ages on these boards and after all this time I finally got to 500 posts and you make it so ANYONE can have avatars!!! (That aren?t in the list.)

-Lord Epssy
Posted
[color=indigo]Piro is right. During v3 and part of v4, posts counted in the Introduction forum, and then James made it so posts didn't count in there anymore. But, for people that had posted in there before, they still had all the old posts. But, when the whole forum was deleted, those old posts got deleted, so they lost them. I myself lost about 150, though a few of those were also from the Classic Gaming forum being deleted.

Personally, I'd like it if, instead of a number for my post count, it just said "Classified." :D[/color]
Posted
:laugh:

I didn't even notice that Classic Gaming was deleted. Lots of stuff is going on here...

I will never forget that I had to remove my long link filled sig thanks to the no-HTML change. It was too much of a pain to convert it to vB lol. Oh well, time for a change.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...