Mitch Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [color=red] Ah. Yes. That someone would be me, Sky. It would be me...:evil laugh: Actually, I just call you that out of...I don't know, it's just way better than...:pause:...the other way you say it. :gasp: Sky even IMed me awhile ago asking if the poem in my sig was written to spite him, lol. It isn't. I got the idea from "Good-bye blue sky" by Pink Floyd. SO yeh. lol. That was funny. Other than that, I'm never used to calling Aries Kinetic now. It's just plain weird. Plain weird. Ah, and Samjaza, your name... I just read it as [i]Semi Trainzazel[/i] all of the time. Just works out so much better. So much better. Mwhahaha.[/color]
Roxie Faye Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]hai, nihongo desu. "jinzouningen" wa futatsu kotoba. "jinzou" wa eigo de "artificial", soshite, "ningen" wa "human". [img]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/jinzouningen.jpg[/img] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=#9933ff]V_V you lost me after desu. I think it says "yes, it's Japanese." Um.. I couldn't decipher the "'jinzouningen' wa futatsu kotoba." or the "soshite" part, but "'jinzou' wa eigo de 'artificial'" means "In english, 'jinzou' means 'artificial'" and "'ningen'" wa 'human,'" well, duh, means "'ningen' is 'human." Yay! I'm only partially stupid! ^_^[/color]
Syk3 Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i] [B][color=red] Ah. Yes. That someone would be me, Sky. It would be me...:evil laugh: Actually, I just call you that out of...I don't know, it's just way better than...:pause:...the other way you say it. :gasp: Sky even IMed me awhile ago asking if the poem in my sig was written to spite him, lol. It isn't. I got the idea from "Good-bye blue sky" by Pink Floyd. SO yeh. lol. That was funny. Other than that, I'm never used to calling Aries Kinetic now. It's just plain weird. Plain weird. Ah, and Samjaza, your name... I just read it as [i]Semi Trainzazel[/i] all of the time. Just works out so much better. So much better. Mwhahaha.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Go figure, LOL. I should make up a name for you, my sly friend. o_O Oh, and for Mnemolth, I just pronounce it Manamolth. Heh, I can see him laughing at that, thinking to himself, "Muahah, I'm older than everyone here!" Erm...o.o'
Rhys Mayiessen Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [color=navy]For some reason I always miss the second "D" in Deedlit's name so I think it's Deelit. I don't know why...[/color]
Guest Imsirion Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i] [B]I see your name as Semja Azel. I guess my brain is too lazy to tack on the extra syllables. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE] Thats how I always see it too, it drove me crazy one day and I had to find his name somewhere just to read it slowly o.O And Juuthena, I used to see it as JuJuthena....dont ask. [COLOR=deeppink]@.@ - Juu[/COLOR] ^^
Tima Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 i always used to pronounce Syk3's name Sky 3 for some reason...but ive very slowly trained myself to say it sike:) Yay for me!!:) oh and i also always pronounce Mystic's Knight, Mystic Knights
Phantom Posted January 4, 2003 Author Posted January 4, 2003 [quote]Why do I have the feeling that someone is going to say that when they see my name, they see "Sky"?[/quote]Lol your name is a notorious one for me!!!! GRR I always think of CYK2K when I see your name!! ODD Eh? :)
Syk3 Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i] [B]Lol your name is a notorious one for me!!!! GRR I always think of CYK2K when I see your name!! ODD Eh? :) [/B][/QUOTE] Lol, I actually thought of changing it to Cyk3. But we already have a Cyko, and a Cyke, and it would just get too darn confusing. ;)
Guest Anakin Solo Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 Say my name with me folks! Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do Anywho....whenver I say Syk3, I always thought it was Sky3, as a matter of fact, I still do. :D
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]hai, nihongo desu. "jinzouningen" wa futatsu kotoba. "jinzou" wa eigo de "artificial", soshite, "ningen" wa "human". [img]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/jinzouningen.jpg[/img] [/B][/QUOTE] *sighs* That's some beautiful Kanji, Wrist Cutter. I only understand a little of what you said though....0_o I'm still learning...
TheShinje Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [size=1] [FONT=century gothic] [color=crimson] I can remember when I first signed up in version 4, I kept mis pronouncing everyones names, here are just a few I can remember Transtic Nerve - I used to pronounce this Transistic Nerve, I though it had something to do with transistor radios lol (I know now that it is J music band :p) Lady Macdaioth (spelling?) I always saw this as Lady Macintosh Sephiroth- Serpentrock (never knew Sephiroth from FF7 lol) Squashed Snail - Squished Snail (simple mistake) I think that's about it, after a few weeks, I got the gist of it. [/size] [/FONT] [/color]
wrist cutter Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i] [B]*sighs* That's some beautiful Kanji, Wrist Cutter. I only understand a little of what you said though....0_o I'm still learning... [/B][/QUOTE] Thanks... I actually had a little trouble with the pen at first, don't know if it shows. Anyway, basically just explaining what jinzouningen meant (I'm sure you can figure that out, from the scattered English).
Chaos Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 I just say screw it all and call people by their first name whenever I see them post...with the exception of Flash and Warlock. Saying "Oooh, Flash finally posted DB:BF up" sounds a cruncha-bunch better than "Wow, Connor finally got off his lazy *** and posted the DB:BF sign up..." Plus Warlock's name is...well, he threatened to eat me if I ever said it in context. O_o;;;
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]Thanks... I actually had a little trouble with the pen at first, don't know if it shows. Anyway, basically just explaining what jinzouningen meant (I'm sure you can figure that out, from the scattered English). [/B][/QUOTE] Yes, I understood. It took me a little time to figure it out on my own before you help though....0_o You are so damn good. Is there anyway you could help me with Japanese though? I could use with some pro traning!
Phantom Posted January 4, 2003 Author Posted January 4, 2003 He must have one enormous apetite [img]http://phantom.newezone.com/images/eek2.gif[/img] And the whole first name basis, yes works for me too, ex: flynn. lol But yea, I used to think Transtic was Transic.
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 I always think, "Transtick." That's how I say his name. Oh yeah, and nice smiley.....
Chaos Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i] [B]He must have one enormous apetite [img]http://phantom.newezone.com/images/eek2.gif[/img] [/B][/QUOTE] He is a bottomless pit, I swear it! He even ate Trieze! <<;;; Now that was a bit off topic.. I also use nicknames when I don't know too many peoples' names.. i.e. Juuy/Juuthena; Sem/Semjaza; Stupid, Goddammed, moron/Forte. [size=1]That just [b]HAS[/b] to be the be the best line in the history of OB...O-o;[/size]
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 Everyone (or most people) call me YYH. I don't really mind it. At least someone is talking about me....0_o But it does get tiring typing Yu Yu Hakusho all the time.... Try writing it in Japanese a few times. That'll put some muscle on those bones.
The Harlequin Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [font=gothic][color=crimson]I've had very few problems with people's names. The only name-related problem I've ever had is that certain people insist on corrupting my name into "Harly", "Harley", or most recently "Harley Quinn". Which forces me to make them call me Flynn. Food for paranoia...[/font][/color]
Kei Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [color=royalblue]I usually just shorten people's names, and another of the last consanant, and add a -y on the end. Ex. Semmy- Semjaza Azazel; Wehhy or Breakky- Weh (or Break); Desy-B -Desbreko; Queeny- Tori Others I just go with what I think would be cute nicknames for them. Ex. Fanatic- Valen; Kirby Ken, Ken-oki- Ken; Evil Incarnate- Neil....[/color]
Boba Fett Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitth'raw'nuruodo [/i] [B]Say my name with me folks! Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do Anywho....whenver I say Syk3, I always thought it was Sky3, as a matter of fact, I still do. :D [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=green]Thrawn. :p Almost everyone can pronounce my name, but I see it misspelled all the time. :angry2: bobba fett :mad: boba fet :flaming: boab fett :therock: [/COLOR]
Mako Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 There's a reason I use copy and paste for all but the simpleset names ^^; I used to make silly mistakes like that alot.
Anna Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitth'raw'nuruodo [/i] [B]Say my name with me folks! Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do Mi-thraw-noo-ro-o-do [/B][/QUOTE] Sorry, but Mitthenrawdoo has already stuck. I can't change it, it's programmed into my brain. :whoops:
Sara Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 [size=1]I've got it as 'Mith-raw-nah-doh.' Heh.[/size]
Phantom Posted January 4, 2003 Author Posted January 4, 2003 Myth-raw-nu-ru-du Sorry buddy, I beleive its concensus that no one says your name correctly :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now