Jump to content
OtakuBoards

If You Died..........................


Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina [/i]
[B]Surely not.. once you avoid one mistake, everything will have changed and you won't know what to expect any more :p You'd have to do it several times to get it right [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] Actually, I do believe it would be not many times, but almost infinite times.

Because, a moment wouldn't be the same exactly, our brains cannot remember every surreal, vivid point of something, and going along with that, a moment is never relived in the exact same manner, posture, thought process, and so on. Also, the new reaction you would cause in a situation would lead to a reaction of that situation to a seemingly different reaction and situation which would lead to reactions and situations from the other situations newly-made parameters and definitions. So basically, it would be an endless, spiralling paradox.

So, baically, you'd just be ebbing in time, and just screwing around with pasts, and making them newly-forged pasts, which in turn cause advents upon the future and many consequences and other actions which never spiralled into your life and time on earth. Which would, eventually, lead you back to where you'd go back in time again, and start the process all over again, only in a different situation for you to mess with. As I said, one big, spiralling paradox.

Sorry if I lost you there, heh. This such subject of messing with time really enthralls me.
[/color]
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]In theory that could work. But James, there are still some answers that none of us have found yet, and not all answers are ones we like or agree with. And having all the answers doesn't make life perfect, IMO. Like a video game--just because you know everything that's going to happen the second time around doesn't mean that you'll avoid problems--or unhappiness. Just IMO--don't ban me, please!

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#507AAC]I have a feeling there was some underlying message there...

Let's not get [i]too[/i] technical here. All I meant was that I could avoid some of the larger mistakes of my life. I used the word perfect because I already love my life; I grew up with a good family, good friends, a good education...but by doing it again, I could avoid some of the nastier events.

That's all I meant. Let's not over-analyze anything here. ~_^[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] Actually, I do believe it would be not many times, but almost infinite times.

Because, a moment wouldn't be the same exactly, our brains cannot remember every surreal, vivid point of something, and going along with that, a moment is never relived in the exact same manner, posture, thought process, and so on. Also, the new reaction you would cause in a situation would lead to a reaction of that situation to a seemingly different reaction and situation which would lead to reactions and situations from the other situations newly-made parameters and definitions. So basically, it would be an endless, spiralling paradox.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

....I could have said that... I just didn't feel like going all intellectual... *grumbles* :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red]So, baically, you'd just be ebbing in time, and just screwing around with pasts, and making them newly-forged pasts, which in turn cause advents upon the future and many consequences and other actions which never spiralled into your life and time on earth. Which would, eventually, lead you back to where you'd go back in time again, and start the process all over again, only in a different situation for you to mess with. As I said, one big, spiralling paradox.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah but I'm sure you'd come to be satisfied with one of those alternate timelines... I suppose it all depends how picky you are.. if you were after absolute perfection then you'd be taking a while (where "infinity" is a while... a LOOONG while), but if you're willing to settle for something high enough to meet your standards but low enough to be less than infinite, then you're sorted ^^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]I could avoid some of the nastier events.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah but the really nasty stuff is what builds you up... Much as I'd love to go back and stop myself from doing what I did at my last job, so I wouldn't get sacked, I know that if I wasn't sacked, I wouldn't have the faith I have today, which is far stronger than any concepts of strength I had before.
Posted
[color=royal blue][spoiler]Beh, I don't know why I bother trying to participate in discussions. Everyone seems to freak when I come on the scene...V_V;[/spoiler]

Anyways, I still say what James said is nice in theory, but... This is not something brought on by my faith (if that's what's bothering you, James :)), but [i]my opinion[/i]. I have had multiple instances where I had all the answers and everything under control--and I [i]still[/i] get thrown a curve ball. Besides, life is interesting when you don't know what to expect next! Like Deus said, the roughest times are the times that build our character (no matter how much they suck :rolleyes:.).

*falls off of soapbox* OWWWW!!!! Heh, back on topic--anything that flies. Preferrably a griffon, but Puck is cool, too. I just want to be able to [i]fly[/i]. [/color]
Posted
[color=red][b]I would be God. Smiting the ignorant would be so very fun.[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=royal blue]*giggle* Everyone who wants to be God, raise your hand!
*a forest of hands rises up instantly*
oO; Well, what fun is [i]that?[/i]
Ken: I could be the GOD of Gods.
Everyone else: Me too!
*Ginny dies of laughter*[/color]
Posted
If I died...I'd want to come back as some type of soul-stealing bastard in which whenever I come around 'normal' human life, they all suddenly hate me and want to leave. ...Wait, I am that.

I'd want to be the character 'Blank' from that old BTAS story or 'Demos' in the MHP storyline...and actually BE in the MHP perspective. I mean, Hell, why not? Both are immortal and omnipowerful and get to blow up things at random. :p
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1]I would want to come back as a woman, lol. That would be rather interesting. Just to see how things are from both sides. But yeah, I have actually thought about this before, and that is what I came up with.

^-^[/color][/size]
Posted
When I die I want to be dead, and that will be the end of it. No coming back as this or that. No being a ghost. Just dead.

Reincarnation is something I never think about either way. I don't really think about death either. If I die, I die. I can't do anything about it, and I'm not going to dwell on the thought.

[quote]Bart: "If it helps, I believe that after you die, you come back as whatever you want. I'll be a butterfly."
Lisa: "How come?"
Bart: "Because, nobody ever suspects [i]the butterfly[/i]."[/quote]
Posted
Well no matter what you become I the Chimera wil still kick your butts so nah!:p

Kairi:HAHA Ginny! I jacked your quote i jacked your quote! HAHAHA!
SO BLEH!
kairi:HAHAHA GINNY AND DEATH KNIGHT! I jacked your words! i jacked your words! HAHAHAHA!
~~~~~~~~~~~
-.- i'm done with my "Fantasy child" act.............for now.......
Posted
[color=deeppink]I'd come back as a fairy because they're beautiful and mysterious. What girl wouldn't want to be those two things?
Plus, they have wings and can fly and wear pretty clothes. That would be a fun life :D
[/color]
Posted
Piro... you are crazy... but i think that when we shall meet again irl, since i never see you... and if i remember i will make a comment to you...lol... but yeah, then again, so would my other half... haha... ttyl
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]Beh, I don't know why I bother trying to participate in discussions. Everyone seems to freak when I come on the scene...V_V;[/color][/b][/quote]

[color=#507AAC]Now, now. Be calm, Ginny. Nobody was attacking you. :)[/color][quote][color=royalblue][b]

Anyways, I still say what James said is nice in theory, but... This is not something brought on by my faith (if that's what's bothering you, James :)), but [i]my opinion[/i]. I have had multiple instances where I had all the answers and everything under control--and I [i]still[/i] get thrown a curve ball. Besides, life is interesting when you don't know what to expect next! Like Deus said, the roughest times are the times that build our character (no matter how much they suck :rolleyes:.).

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#507AAC]No, your religion does not bother me. It never has. :)

You and I agree. I do think life is interesting when you don't know what to expect; I never said otherwise.

I'm just saying that it would be nice to live my life again with a better knowledge of certain issues. That's all. I mean, this is only a theoretical thread anyway; I don't believe in reincarnation at all. lol

So, once again...let's not over analyze it or get too serious. It's just a fun thing to think about -- you know, what kind of life you might choose if you had the opportunity. :)[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]*giggle* Everyone who wants to be God, raise your hand!
*a forest of hands rises up instantly*
oO; Well, what fun is [i]that?[/i]
Ken: I could be the GOD of Gods.
Everyone else: Me too!
*Ginny dies of laughter*[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]I changed my mind. I'd come back to life as a Godslayer and kill everyone who wants to be a God besides myself. ^_-[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]come back after death? you people are nuts! who'd want to hang around [i]this[/i] dimension any longer than necessary? lol

when i die, i'm going to the other realm & not coming back, heheh.

j/k, if reincarnation was true, i'd just keep coming back in all kinds of forms (male, female, rich, poor, gay, straight, etc.), but i'd want to keep my past life memories. i want to see how it feels to be everyone else. that way, i'd have true empathy.[/COLOR]
Posted
if i was to come back after i die id want to be as nemesis from resident evil 3. that wold be awsome. going around eating people and then haveing the people i eat turn in to zombies. :naughty:
Posted
If i died i would want to be a unisus (half unicorn half pegasus, refrenced from "dream a little dream by peirs anthony, highly recomened for dreamers.) or a fallen angel. Flying is my specialty.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]come back after death? you people are nuts! who'd want to hang around [i]this[/i] dimension any longer than necessary? lol

when i die, i'm going to the other realm & not coming back, heheh.
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royal blue]Actually, that's a good point. I sure as heck don't want to be stuck on this earth any longer than I have to. It sucks. Majorly. Heh. (Thank God for Heaven! ^^)

"True immortality isn't about living forever--it's about what you do with the time that you have." ~~Hudson, [i]Gargoyles[/i][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=green]When I die, I want to become an invisible [SPOILER]Phantom[/SPOILER].

I would sit around all day in top secret government instillations, watching the real version of events unfold. All the information... *drools* [/COLOR]
Posted
Well It's kind of hard to choose. But I've narrowed it down to two slim chocies. A monkey, and a lazy dog that can type to people on the internet. I've chose the dog.

Reason being a stupid one. I never want to leave ob. My dog's lazy but stupid, so I wouldn't want to be her. She watches T.V. though.lol

Monkey was one of my stupid choices because I alwas wanted to swing from trees, and make loud screeches, and do all sorts of stuff humans can't do. But the dog sounds suitibal for me. Then I'll never leave this place.
Posted
[color=teal]If I died.....I'd like to become a wolf. Unfeeling, hunting only be instinct, killing whatever creature had the guts to walk in on my territory. If not a wolf, then a fire elemental.[/color]
Posted
If I died, I'd want to be Ursala, then when I died as her, I'd want to be Sally! Take a look at my banner and guess which Sally? You might not know her, heck I don't know....If not those two, I'd want to be a very different Renamon...Yes, I said Renamon...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...