OtakuBoards

Off to War We Go...

Juu

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]I don't see what's the big problem, I mean would Optimus Prime allow anyone to do anything evil? Of course not.

[url]http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=3828[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thumbs up to you!:D

I think the real issue is that all this is destroying TV programming. I don't need complete 24 hour coverage on EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL, especially when it's basically a reporter taking 15 minutes to say "There's nothing new happening here, check back later." And this is going to go on for weeks. Can't they just report breaking news or something? If I miss the Simpsons for a few weeks, I'm going to start my own war against the TV stations here.

Ah yes. The [i]ad naseum[/i] campaign. You'll forgive me if I agree in saying, "Shut up if you have nothing to report!"

We must keep living, not in denial of the war, but because of it. We mustn't let it get us down nor rule our lives and emotions.

Keep living. Life goes on, regardless of what happens.

I usually have nothing much to say about war but that it kills, there bloodshed, and carnage, and that I hate it whether it happens or not. But because of what Saddam has done I'm 50-50 on it. I hate war but from the looks of it we have little to none much of the choice. But pretty much I agree with Ginny...........

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I think the real issue is that all this is destroying TV programming. I don't need complete 24 hour coverage on EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL, especially when it's basically a reporter taking 15 minutes to say "There's nothing new happening here, check back later." And this is going to go on for weeks. Can't they just report breaking news or something? If I miss the Simpsons for a few weeks, I'm going to start my own war against the TV stations here. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm already organizing an "Anti Program Interrupting False Alarm News Casts" protest. I'm going to chain myself around Warner Bros. Studios, followed by a picket in front of FOX. Who's with me?!

These jokes aren't to make light of the war, but to take a moment away from the "people are going to die" mentality that most of us have about it. There's nothing wrong with a war joke, as long as you have the right timing and you know not to offend anyone. If anyone finds any jokes that come out of this thread offensive, then please say so.

Me I'm tired of hearing about the damn war. Poeople don't want war, but sometimes it's needed. Just like the poem I wrote "Peace or War". My dad wants this war to happen he says what Saddam has been doing is not right. So I would have to say I'm for the war, even though I'm only 13 who cares what I think. All I got to say now is "GO USA!!!".

[FONT=arial]this is amibasuki posting in Deedlit's account, because her name won't log out for some reason :flaming:.

oy, where to start..... I might repeat a lot of what was said in earlier posts (seeing as there's another 8 pages so far), but hear me out.

speaking concerning the statement that the U.S. is going to war for the oil, the only proof anyone has against Bush about that is when he urged the Iraqi citizens not to burn their oil in his speech (if there is, please fill me in; not meaning to be sarcastic). even then, it doesn't mean he was implying he was going to have us take it for ourselves. if they burned all that oil, it would just make gas prices even worse than they already are. he said that out of concern for the economy; at least that's how I'm looking at it. anyway...

I'll go ahead and say I [i]really[/i] don't like the idea of going to war. the thought that people somewhere are going to die because of it scares me. but if there's no other way to disarm Saddam and get him out of power, then I support it. something's got to be done. someone who doesn't feel guilt about killing his own citizens for the sake of experimentation and God knows what else shouldn't have the power to be a dictator. by all means, if peacefully talking it out would be all it took to disarm him, I'd be all for it; but he's already been given chances to peacefully disarm himself, and he didn't cooperate. if he didn't cooperate then, what in the [i]world[/i] would make anyone think that trying to peacefully talk him out of it (again) would work now? plus, he might be more of a threat than some think. nobody knows for sure just how many weapons he actually has at his disposal anyway. maybe this thought is a bit pessimistic (and maybe unrealistic), but he could be hiding 10 times as many WMD than the inspectors have seen or know about. like I said, might be unrealistic, but not totally impossible. think about it; assuming he [i]did[/i] have that many weapons, I doubt he'd be in a hurry to tell anybody, seeing as we'd be even more adamant about disarming him. but either way, he's certainly not keeping what weapons he does have to just look at and admire them. waiting for him to agree with us without doing something about it would just give him more time to find ways to make use of them. so yeah, I think some action should be taken against him. I don't think however that it's a good idea to automatically assume that everything's gonna go quick and easy just because 'hey, we're the U.S., no one can defeat us!', though the whole ordeal really could only last for a little while.

anywho, I think I've said everything I wanted to say. hopefully I made some sense. please (politely) correct any facts I've gotten wrong.
[/FONT]

[color=indigo]Update: I know most of you have been as bombarded with news as I have. A few minutes ago it was confirmed that the US and the British have had there first casualties. A chopper carrying 16 people went down in Southern Iraq. It has been reported that all of the soldiers perished.

I hope that many of you will include these soldiers in your thoughts and prayers tonight, as well as the countless others that will be directly affected by this war...[/color]

[color=green][size=1]Crappity crap...dangit....poo...I was hoping it wouldn't happen so early...in fact I was hoping it wouldn't happen at all...but I guess I knew it would. It IS a war...so...people will die...but....*sigh* Dangit...pray for them and their families...don't let their death be in vain. As I stated before...no life is more important than another...[/size][/color]

[color=green][size=1]You sure are comforting aren't you {SITH}?--() I knew and still know people were and are going to die, but so soon...12 US soldiers and 4 British Commandos are dead, no coming back, and just...so quickly into the war. I just wasn't expecting it. I was really hoping this war would be over quickly...not so many casualties and stuff, but reality sucks sometimes doesn't it. Maybe you should try not to be so straightfoward about it and maybe a bit calmer, think over your words a bit. 16 people are dead, it isn't just "oh their dead, meh, it happens." Even if it does happen, you can take more consideration to it. I know you said your heart goes out to their familes, but do you really mean it? Thankyou.[/size][/color]

I do mean it. On an even sadder note 48:3,000,000,000. That's what we are at so far. I wonder if that first number reaches 1,000 would we stop? Belive me when I say that I did not want this war, but I support the soldiers coming home safely. You think I would wish death on someone...I'm the least likely person in the world to do that. But enough from me, I don;t want my post to degenerate into flame, which it surly will.

48:3,000,000,000

Forgive my ignorance, but what does this number mean? Honestly, I need to know.

....oh God, I [i]knew[/i] people were going to die. I...I...oh God... Please let this end soon. Please, we must save as many as possible. Ours, theirs. The sooner we can be safe from Saddam...

*huddles quietly in a corner*

48 gallons of patriotic American and British blood for 3 Billion gallons of Oil. You people get what you ask for, you wanted a war, there are always consequences. On the War note, why not nuke them to spare American lives?

[color=green][size=1]Hey {SITH} I'm sorry for my rude little post, but what you said before kinda got me a little riled up. I guess I should think before I post such a reply. I just felt like you didn't really have any concern for the people that died. Oh well. [/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by {SITH} Change [/i]
[B]On the War note, why not nuke them to spare American lives? [/B][/QUOTE]

Using the nuke, or actually it wouldn't be a nuclear weapon for us. We'd probably use a hydrogen or a carbon bomb, for they do a hell of alot more damage to the land and less as far as radiation goes, but using one of those type of weapons is almost out of the question. No one wants to use a nuke, it's stupid to use them. Plus we don't want to destroy their cities or their people will one little swoop... we want to rid the country of Saddam and his government and replace it with a new one, we can't replace what we've blown to smitherines.

The "war" may be over fast but this campaign will never end. Iraq will be a word you'll be hearing for years to come.

As far as jokign abotu the war, i think it's needed to put a lighter face on something so horrid. Thats why you'll see Conan and Jay Leno making fun of it. John Stewart will as well... people don't like negativity about something and prefer to see somethings in a lighter way, and what better than to joke about it. South Park takes real life issues and makes them into jokes to make the issue aware but to do it in a lighter, happier less negative way.

Ahh sith what ever!

The oil crap is totally unfounded and just a perfect example of a lack of knowledge on the real issues.

But I dont even care about that, just keep on with your oil thing.

Doesn't bother me, and infact I would rather have people like you talking about oil than actually making a formidable argument based on logic and fact.

But like I said... what ever, just keep on with your current argument.

However, the real reason I came to this at this point is due to a recent development of suspicions...

There are growing suspicions that Saddam himself was in the very building that was hit with the presicion attack that was used at the very begining of all of this.

I also want to point out what is known for sure.

1) this presicion attack was specifically a "target of oppurtunity"

2) the attack itself was launched without any warning or authorization from the british or the austraillians.

To me that says two things besides the obvious...

This was a target we couldnt allow to get away, and it was a target so important that all of the authorities were not notified due to the possibility of the target getting away before the higher authorities could give "permission" to attack.

I dont know for sure, but I hope that Saddam was in that place and is now in a much worse place...(hell)

Side note: I really like this fella tony blair. (Im watching him on c-span2 right now)

Did you know that 60% of Iraqi people are dependant on food aid?

That is just another reason to show that Saddam is a curse on Iraq.

Plus, did you all know that the Iraqi gdp was higher than the gdp of purtugaul before saddam took over.

Now it is next to nothing... But hey, oil being sold by Iraqi's who are the rightful owners wouldnt do anything about that would it.

I mean, its not like the oil fields of Iraq will be given back to the people of Iraq after this is over.

Ok facts man, who's to say that Saddam would even use or sell weapons to a terrorist? The man is not foolish, all the experts I've heard speak on 60 Mins have said that he only wants the weapons to insure that he is not take out of power. Why are we so worried about atrocities in Iraq, they go on all over the world in Africa, China, NK, the Philipiesn, etc. We are going after Iraq because Bush does not like Saddam, he is finnishing his father's job. The next reason is Oil, we love it and need it and we hate paying alot for it. The final reason is because they are manufacturing weapons of mass destruction. The last reason is the only worthy one. But right now Bush is pushing human rights, so lets fix the rest of the world while were at it.

[quote]Ok facts man, who's to say that Saddam would even use or sell weapons to a terrorist? The man is not foolish, all the experts I've heard speak on 60 Mins have said that he only wants the weapons to insure that he is not take out of power.[/quote]
[FONT=arial]Saddam has publicly supported acts of terrorism. I'm sure he has at least a small hand in helping them in some way.[/FONT]
[quote]Why are we so worried about atrocities in Iraq, they go on all over the world in Africa, China, NK, the Philipiesn, etc. We are going after Iraq because Bush does not like Saddam, he is finnishing his father's job. The next reason is Oil, we love it and need it and we hate paying alot for it. The final reason is because they are manufacturing weapons of mass destruction. The last reason is the only worthy one. But right now Bush is pushing human rights, so lets fix the rest of the world while were at it.[/quote]
[FONT=arial]oy, again with the oil. unless you've got some 'facts' to back up your accusations, don't bother saying them.

one of the reasons why Bush is singling out Iraq at the moment is because its leader has weapons he wouldn't mind using on us, if given the chance. yeah, so does China and North Korea, etc., but Bush probably has enough on his plate to deal with as it is. deal with one thing at a time.
[/FONT]