Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Desktop.


Recommended Posts

Posted
Bleh. My 17" monitor died a while ago, but my dads got a spare which he says he can get to me in about a week, so for now I've got a 640x480 desktop. ;_; Bleh. I've found aload of really cool Zelda ones though, so once I get the new monitor I'll have a change of desktop. XD

[URL=http://www.angelfire.com/comics/bebbies/desktopbah.png]Bah.[/URL]

No, I didn't make the sprites. Shoba from BnG did. Actually he made the whole thing. XD
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Wow... Lots of you guys use really bright wallpapers. ><;

My favorites so far are Sara's, and Semji's.

Did you draw your wallpaper, Sara? It's really pretty. :whoops:[/color] [/size]
Posted
[size=1]Thankies!

I did, actually. ^_^ It was a sort of thank-you for a friend of mine, but I really loved how it turned out, so... Wallpaper, it became. [/size]
Posted
I always like Sara's... mainly because she seems to be the only Mac user here that bothers to post in the desktop threads lol. That and her wallpapers are usually really nice, and somewhat subdued.
Posted
[size=1]I always want to post how to take screenshot on a mac, but no one ever asks, heh..

My brother changed it a few months ago to something absolutely hideous. Let me see if I can find the shot I took of that....[/size]
Posted
[size=1]Here is my desktop. Nothing too special. It is my temporary one ever since my sister figured out how to alter the desktop. Now we have to switch off every month. o_O It is a good thing I saved my design...[/size]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Wow... No body has lots of icons on their desktops... x.x;

I change my desktop monthly, depending on my mood/personality for the month. (Two ego's...bleck.)

Except, due to the un-workyness of my internet at home, I've been changing it daily. :shifty:
----

Here's my [b]daddy's[/b] desktop. (The comp I've been on for the past week or so.) I edited a few parts of the wallpaper for your viewing pleasure. ^_^

I'll post my favorites soon. *glares at comp at home*[/color] [/size]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Point one: Apple+Shift+3

Point two: There was a picture of Juu....and she removed it...for our viewing [i]pleasure[/i]? I sense flawed logic.

Point three: The desktop my brother had for about 23 minutes before I kicked him off the computer and changed it. See attachment.[/SIZE]
Posted
[b][size=1]
Hmm.. this needs changing -.-'

I blurred out the faces of my friends, because I doubt they want their faces shown over an unknown board online, lol.[/b]

And no, I don't have a scanner etc. That piccy of those friends was taken by a teacher during a holiday trip.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]I decided to finally change my wallpaper, it's been the same for too long.

This one's for you Transtic :P [/B][/QUOTE]

What is that little bar you have above the Start bar in your shot? Says Ascii and all that.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]What is that little bar you have above the Start bar in your shot? Says Ascii and all that. [/B][/QUOTE]

NJStar... Asian language input editor. Allows me to input Japanese characters into Windows programs and whatnot... a bit different from what Japanese computers use, but I like it.
Posted
Oh, that's interesting. I was suspecting something like that, but considering I don't remotely know any language that uses other characters... well yeah. I wouldn't be familiar with such things heh.

Thanks.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Point one: Apple+Shift+3

Point two: There was a picture of Juu....and she removed it...for our viewing [i]pleasure[/i]? I sense flawed logic.

Point three: The desktop my brother had for about 23 minutes before I kicked him off the computer and changed it. See attachment.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Gah. That wall paper is [i]ugl-uh[/i]. The only redeeming factor is the Shy instant message, as per usual. ^_^

And..I sense flawed logic as well.

*Glares cumberly at Juu*

Why? Why did you do this to you? v-v[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch[/i]
[B][color=black][size=1][font=rockwell]Gah. That wall paper is [i]ugl-uh[/i]. The only redeeming factor is the Shy instant message, as per usual. ^_^[/color][/size][/font][/B][/QUOTE][size=1]You must not forget the Hobbes icon as well.

But yes, that is a truly horrible desktop. O_-[/size]
Posted
[color=indigo]Hmm, sure, why not? Might as well post up my latest desktop. It's highly Zelda themed, as you might expect from me. I've even got custom Zelda icons for all but four of my shortcuts, heh. The wallpaper started out as one off Zelda.com, but then I cut out a couple more of the window pics from two other wallpapers and stuck them in there too. Those are my three favorite window pics, and I got my avatar from the Wind Waker one on the left. :) (It's been resized from 1024x768 to 800x600, and the quality took a hit when I compressed it to get it down below 100 KB, by the way).

Oh, and Cyko, can I get a copy of that cool Metroid Fusion wallpaper? That's about the best MF wallpaper I've seen.[/color]
Posted
Here is my desktop. I made it today, and was going to show it but found this thread. Nothing special. I noticed that I'm very neat and organized on my desktop. Games on the right, other programs on the left. I just wish I could keep my room that way. :rolleyes: Oh and Juu this is the original image my banner and avatar are from, scaled up a bit.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[SIZE=1]Point three: The desktop my brother had for about 23 minutes before I kicked him off the computer and changed it.[/SIZE] [/QUOTE]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]WHOA. :wow: *runs into various objects*
Those colors really, really hurt. Not to mention it's tiled. :shifty:[/color] [/size]

[quote][i]Originally posted by OutlawDragon[/i]
Oh and Juu this is the original image my banner and avatar are from, scaled up a bit.[/quote]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]oooo... that looks really nice as a wallpaper. [/color] [/size]
Posted
Ai..I should make my own wallpaper one of these days, but I'm too lazy. Lately I've just been using FFX wallpapers, since that series does have some amazing original ones. Here ya go:
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson]Here is the current one that I'm using on my mum's computer. I hate my unworking computer *kicks it*[/size][/color]
Posted
I've installed some new stuff a couple days ago, and have been playing around with it since then... so here's my current desktop.

I love this wallpaper.
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Here's my current desktop. It's nothing compared to you guys', but... ^^;

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=382969[/img]

Semji, how did you get your AIM transparent? o.o

Edit: *huggles Syk's wallpaper* ^ .^![/color] [/size]
Posted
Well if you get Dead AIM, you can do it... but it doesn't work so hot sometimes.

I used a program called Glass2k. It can make any program transparent.
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Musahi
Posted
I am bringing back this topic for two reasons.

1. I love my new Godsmack skin for winamp. I need to show off how cool it is. ^_^

2. I really love looking at other people's desktop. It gives me ideas for my own.

Here is my new and improved (not really) desktop!

*drumroll*

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=390124[/img]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...