Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
NO ! Don't worry this is just a hypothetical question.

Suppose there was a shifting of the Great Will of the Macrocosm and all Anime and Manga disappeared. What would you do to fill the void ?
Posted
[size=1]How about add a selection for us who don't watch anime, and wouldn't care.[/size]
Posted
Most anime right out sucks in my opinion, so I wouldn't miss the vast majority of it. I'd mostly miss Hale Nochi Guu, Nadia, Ranma 1/2 and all of the Ghibli stuff...

I'd probably just buy more Western comics and such to fill the very small void that would be made by the removal of manga. I'm not really into the love story type manga, so I'm sure I'd not miss it as much as a lot of people here.
Posted
Hmm... if that ever happens, it probably would mean Japan is gone, and I would probably think the world came to an end... Nothing really can take the place of anime once you go in deep enough...
Posted
[FONT=arial]well that'd kinda suck. I'd have a LOT more money though, that's for sure. then again, I would've just spent it all on CD's or whatnot, so I'd be broke either way. [/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zeh [/i]
[B][size=1]How about add a selection for us who don't watch anime, and wouldn't care.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

*Still wondering why Zeh would be at the Anime Lounge*

On topic- I would be really dissapointed, because I would never see many of my favorite shows again (NO LAIN? :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: ).
However, my pocket would be much fatter...
Posted
I'd prolly have a lot more money for a couple of seconds the go on a rampage and spend it on some non-sensical item that really didn't work, but it looked [I]so[/I] cool on TV or something like that.

O.o

Yeah I'd miss anime. I don't watch much TV and I only watch anime on TV so yeah....TV wouldn't be in my vocabulary. I'd probably go to bed a lot earlier, wouldn't be staying up to watch Trigun.

I'd have an empty drawer...

I'd probably see the day more...and I'd be on here 10x more...

...scary.

Losing anime would just be....un healthy...
Posted
[color=royalblue]Hm. It wouldn't really make a major impact on my life if it were to disappear. More than likely, I'd just read more than I am now (which seems unfathomable to me). I'd just pity the people whose lives revolve around anime. They'd probably lost it. Oo;[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=blue]
To me, it wouldn't be much of a big deal either. I'd just do what I normally do. Read, write, listen to music, practice playing my instruments, and watch the occasional movie. Although with no anime, I just might have enough to buy that saxaphone that I've had my eye on. ;)
[/COLOR]
Posted
That would realy suck to me I'd die of kill my self.!

[color=hotpink][size=1]GAH! Please put more effort into your posts! Thank you! *QA*[/color][/size]
Posted
I'd be very annoyed if all anime disappeared. It's been a major form of entertainment for me for years- I love he animation, the storylines, almost everything about it (save the rather graphic violence at times). Much better than most cheap american animations (you can't leave us with things like Stargate: Infinity!!).

Uh, I guess I'd concentrate on creating my own stories more to pass the time. That, or completely disappear into Phantasy Star Online...
Posted
Well does that count manga? If all anime was gone (including manga) i would probably get more comics and find a new obsession. But there is so much anime out right now, including all the old anime i've never seen, i'd be set for awhile.
But if it just dissappeared without a trace and there was no remnant left i would miss it and thus bomb tabmows house.
I would be sure to get the Ruri as well.
Posted
If there were no anime my whole life would be over. The only cartoons that I practically watch are anime, exceot for a few here and there but anime is like my life right now. I dont what I would do without it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Turkey [/i]
[B]*Still wondering why Zeh would be at the Anime Lounge*

On topic- I would be really dissapointed, because I would never see many of my favorite shows again (NO LAIN? :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: ).
However, my pocket would be much fatter... [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]This thread started in GD. ^_~[/size]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well personally if there was no Anime I would pretty much be fine with it. For all intents and purposes I've stopped watching anime completely just recently. I found no more originality in the genre what so ever, its become stale as of late. I just saved myself probably 200 dollars a month now.

As for the people wondering what they would do without anime, how about reading a book or taking up a hobby that involves more physical and social activity. :p
Posted
I'd Just spend all my money on video games. Heh, that and anime is what I do, but if I lose both, heh, my life would be sleeping. ;)
Posted
Me: *looks at Kakashi's avitar and banner stuff* HAPPINESS! Someone other than me knows that the anime HunterXHunter exists! Yay! I'm listenin to 'Wanna Stay...' right now!
Okaaaay... back to the topic.

I would become a hermit living i a mountain trying to figure out WHO took anime and manga away, (probably my mom) and plot to get it back and become a world hero!
Posted
I'd be dissapointed if all anime just ceased to be, because after watching so many animes there isn't a form of entertainment that could really replace it =\. On the other hand I wouldn't die or anything x_X and I don't think it would drastically change who I am/What I like, I'd just find something else to do, probably fit in more time for Soccer and BBall practice. :smirk:
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Man... I don't even want to think about what would happen if there was no anime or manga. I would so totally die!... Pretty much all I read in manga... now. All the shows I actually care about watching is anime!... ok sure I would have WAY more money since I blow most of it on manga, anime, and anime stuff.. but life without it would suck. Anime is one of my best friends!
Posted
*shrugs* Hmm maybe i'd go outside for once. I really don't know considering this will probably never happen. I would probably be a little upset for a while, but then just start watching more live action movies. Then I could pretend like I was watching a cartoon and sit there being amazed at the artwork.
Posted
If there was no anime...I'd both have a lot more money, and I'd find a new form of entertainment. Probably more so that I'd have more money, since even now I'm saving up for a new anime, and then I'm going to buy a $100 anime after my birthday. I already have plenty of other forms of entiertainment, such as TV, video games, computer, and soccer; I'll just have to expand more time in each of those things.

I'd like to say that I would die without anime, but that would be rediculous, lol.
Posted
I would go nuts because I watch anime basicly every day and blame it on my sister. I would have to get comics to read and then I would be out of money.
Posted
i think without anime, i would not be whole. what would i do with my life?? maybe i would actually do homework or something constructive...eeeewwwwww...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...