Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1][color=000066][b]Welcome, to the first annual Mr. and Mrs. Otaku Universe Pageant! I am your host, Leh Logan! And this is my lovely cohost, Hyper!

*Hyper comes out in a silver sparkling tuxedo*

Hyper: Thank you, Leh.

Leh: Thank you, Hyper. We're here tonight to annouce the judges and contestants of the 20003 Mr. and Mrs. Otaku Universe Pageant.

Hyper: Yes, that's right folks. We will be selecting four judges, each to our own decision. Then, we'll allow contestants to enter a short story, and the judges and us will decide who will be entered. There are ten spots for the girls, and ten for the men.

Leh: After we have chosen our contestants, we will go onto different levels of competition, such as: Swimsuit Contest, Talent Contest, Humor Contest, and Gaming Contest. There will be ten levels each, and after each level, the members of OtakuBoards will vote who to boot!

Hyper: Yes, and after we're all done, there will be only two contestants eligable! Mr. and Mrs. Universe will be revealed!

Leh: That's right, Hyper. Now, onto the decisions.

[center]***[/center]

We need four judges who will be decided by Hyper and I. Then, use and the judges will decide on the ten men and women to compete for the crowns!

Hyper: Thank you all, and good night!

-L/Z

EDIT: To clear confusion, we'll be having writing levels, joke levels, swimsuit (where contestants submit a picture of them, or an anime character with a colored-on swimsuit), and such.[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
I would like to sign-up as a judge because there is no way in hell that I would even go past the first round in this competition. Thank you!
Posted
[size=1][color=000066][b]*lights shine on Ryan and Daisuke*

Leh: Do they have what it takes? I'll have to ask my co-host!

*runs off to speak with Hyper*[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
Umm im not really interested in the judging thing....but i just wanted to know exactly what week this will start. Im kinda gettin a digital camera soon so im just curious what week this contest is going to be going on.
Posted
[size=1]After some deliberation between Logan and I, we've decided that Ryan will be our first judge. Congrats, Ryan ^_^! Having only four empty oppurtunities, the judge selection [b]is not[/b] a first-come-first-serve system.

Sorry for any difficulties,
Hyper.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pbfrontmanvdp [/i]
[B]Umm im not really interested in the judging thing....but i just wanted to know exactly what week this will start. Im kinda gettin a digital camera soon so im just curious what week this contest is going to be going on. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=000066][b]There is no possible way of telling...it will run until it is finished...

Perfect Cell>>

We have talked, and sorry, no, you can't be. :confused:

-L/Z[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1][color=000066][b]You have to write a short story about anything, then the judges and I will decide upon it. Don't start trying to join until all the judges have.

-L/Z[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1]Logan and I are looking for a few specific things in judges. These aspects will be important for having an objective and enjoyable team.[list]
[*]High post quality. Need I say more?
[*]Personality. Judges should arbitrate based on what they think, and personally is a great tool here.
[*]Humor and wit. This is a fun contest, and to emphasize that, fun judges are required.[/list]

And don't worry if you're not chosen as a judge; You can still try and showcase your talent as a contestant. Currently we're focued on finding the perfect judges.[/size]
Posted
So when you get all the judges will you post for contestants or do people tring out have to PM you? And can the story be about anything. wow, i should sign up for the miss 20 questions pagent. lol.
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]Can I be a judge Hyper or Logan? I think I represent all of those qualities... ^^; Hopefully, I can! ^___^

-Lan[/color][/size]
Posted
^_^ If it is OK, I would really enjoy being a judge.. [joke]It's pretty obvious that I am second ONLY to wristcutter, but I wanna give some other users a chance, eh? ^_~[/joke]

If I don't fit the bill well enough, I understand. I won't go on a murder/suicide rampage if I don't get in (Or WILL I...? Hm...).
Posted
Wait, do the [i]contestants[/i] or the [i]judges[/i] have to write a short story? If it's the first, then this might as well just be the Otaku Idol.

If not, then tell us more. I'm intrigued by the notion.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]If not, then tell us more. I'm intrigued by the notion. [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=royalblue]As am I. Although I would rather judge than be a writer. *stifles screams of how good a writer she is* It's just easier to live with yourself that way. I don't like competition.[/COLOR]
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
Competition sucks because I never win. I would like to become a judge if that is ok. I am good at judging things. I'm fair and will not rest until I am a judge of some sort. :)

May I please be a judge?
Posted
[size=1][color=000066][b]I'll have to talk with Hyper about it...and I don't think you have:

[list]Good Post Quality[/list]

-L/Z[/b][/color][/size]
Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
I do have good post quality. I try to. I've been here since I've joined and haven't missed one day. I love this forum. And if I can become a judge I will make my posts of better quality.
Posted
[size=1][color=000066][b]Sorry, but I still have to discuss it with Hyper.

And just because you're here everyday doesn't mean good post quality.

-L/Z[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1] I'd like to be a judge for this contest [i]if[/i] that's possible. >_< I love writing stories but I don't think I'll amount to much in this contest when faced up against some people on OB. ::lights shine on certain people::

So, if I can be a judge, I'd be happy to help.

[offtopic]Uh, Logan, have I given you your pictures yet? I have them lying around and I don't remember if I gave them to you or not...I thought I did on AIM, anyway. O_o. [offtopic] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hyper [/i]
[B][size=1][*]High post quality. Need I say more?
[*]Personality. Judges should arbitrate based on what they think, and personally is a great tool here.
[*]Humor and wit. This is a fun contest, and to emphasize that, fun judges are required.[/list]

And don't worry if you're not chosen as a judge; You can still try and showcase your talent as a contestant. Currently we're focued on finding the perfect judges.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay, first off I would like to be a judge. I'm not all that great at competing...so that's why.
Second, the only time that i have had a bad post quality is when i was trying to help someone who had just joined.
Third, I know I'm a newb and you may not want one of us as a judge....?
Lastly, I have a great personallity, and a little humor.

thanks,
~Aurora

P.S. I seriously need to know when this starts "cause I'll be away the 3rd to the 11th
Posted
If everyone else is a judge, then I would win Ms. Otaku Universe by default. ;)

OK, really, this "can I be a judge please please please?" is getting old. I suggest everyone to [b][i]PM[/i][/b] both Logan and Hyper instead of being all spammy about why they should be one.

In the meantime, I still have yet to hear anything on what the competition itself is about.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...