Goven Man Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 Did you ever go to a restraunt that gives out fortune cookies when you leave? How many have you opened up and laughed at, stared at, thought about, or didn't even open it because past experiences have told you that it is not wortthe effort. I have had my share of stupid "fortunes" and ones that made me laugh because something like that might have happened the day before. I want to know how many of you have gotten "fortune" cookies, and wat yo thought of them. Were they stupid, funny, or do you take them seriously.
OtakuSennen Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 I'm not in the fortune cookies for the fortune, but for the cookies. :sweat: But I often find them to be not fortunes, but advisory statements.. "The road of life is often covered in rocks" is not a fortune. It is telling you that life is hard. Slightly off topic: I heard that in Japan and China their fortune cookies are not always good fortunes, as in sometimes they have stuff like "Your life will be cut short due to unstoppable circumstances" and such.
Zen Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 Oh, one time my grandpa got a fortune cookie and he opened it up. In side of it it said "Your Pretty." WE laughed for quite a while. I've actually gotten a few that prove too be true, though.
Karta Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 My aunt told me that when you get a fortune cookie, you should always add "in bed" on to the end. It's hilarious! Sick, but hilarious. ^_^
Zen Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Karta [/i] [B]My aunt told me that when you get a fortune cookie, you should always add "in bed" on to the end. It's hilarious! Sick, but hilarious. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE] Like i said, my grandpa got a fortune cookie saying "your pretty". BWUHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, "Your Pretty, in bed." BWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:laugh:
Raiha Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 [color=royalblue]Well, judging by that principal, I will live an exciting and wild life full of beautiful people and money. In bed. Lucky me. And it's true. In China anyways, the fortune cookies are a tad morbid. "You will confront a problem that will lead to your demise, should you chose wrong."[/color]
Baron Samedi Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 Ive never ever actually had a forune cookie.... they sound funny though. Are you supposed to eat them after? *pulls out eating etiquette notebook*
Raiha Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 [color=royalblue]You break it open, you pull out the paper, stuff the cookie part in your mouth, and while you crunch away at the chewy goodness, you read your fortune. And apparently, you add the words: "In Bed" to the end.[/color]
SaiyanPrincessX Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 I've had some strange ones, I can't remember them at the moment however. Though there was this one time, on my 15th birthday I belive. My brother got a fortune saying 'Happy Birthday' with some other ramblings. He gave it too me; or I took it. Heh. ^^;
amibasuki Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 [FONT=arial]I'm not too fond of fortune cookies. I think I'm one of the only people to have broken open a fortune cookie and not find a fortune inside. and the sad part was I got yet another fortune cookie (I was feeling horribly left out since everybody else had gotten one and was laughing at me :p), and that one didn't have one in it either (they're not homemade or restaurant-made, so it couldn't have been a prank). so I guess I have no fortune. or I'm not getting anything in bed. fortune cookies suck.[/FONt]
PersonV01 Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 I like fortune cookies. Most times, the fortune I get get actually is a fortune.... or at least something that gives me some kind of advice to the situation at hand. HOWEVER... About the "in bed" thing. My gf taught me that. But instead of saying just "in bed", say "in bed with rope". As Neo said Whoa. -PV01
Genkai Posted August 3, 2003 Posted August 3, 2003 My mom got one today that said "Drivers are former-pedestrians out for revenge"...
Celia Posted August 4, 2003 Posted August 4, 2003 [color=0099FF][size=1] I got one at Panda Express; it's an Asian food restarant. It said "You day will brighten up with a cup of Hot Fudge Sundae." Trust me, they never work. And they are stupid funny sometimes.[/color][/size]
Nate Posted August 4, 2003 Posted August 4, 2003 I got one that was true. It said 'you will not have to rush for you will always be in the front of the line' I was for 2 weeks, till we reversed the line in places, and i've landed in the back fo the line ever since... EDIT: I will nto have to rush, for i will be in the front of the line in bed. Awesome, sex where the otehr does the work! Yippeee!j/k
Dan Rugh Posted August 4, 2003 Posted August 4, 2003 [b]I got one recently that was kinda intereting:[/b] "Sometimes travel to new places leads to great transformations." It was actually a good one since I'll be going to college at the end of the month. [b]Good fortune cookie story:[/b] My grandpa was obsessed with sweet stuff and my grandma usually wouldn't let him have candy or cookies. One day we were at a Chinese restaurant and they had the fortune cookies out for you to take. He thought no one was looking, grabbed one out of the basket, and shoved it in his mouth. He never realized that there was a piece of paper in it. Note -- He has Alzheimer's, but it's still funny.
Guest special edward Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 fortune cookies where food (drool droll) fall over with excitement FOOD
Moor_Child Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 I was at a restraunt with my counsin and after we done eating my mother and aunt were talking about going shopping as soon as we were done. Well, I opened my fortune cookie and it said "You will soon be getting new clothes." We laughed so hard. I thought it was funny but creepy at the same time.
terra Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 I sometimes save fortunes when they amuse me, and stick them on my wall. The most recent one I've saved was this (I think I only find it amusing because I'm a stickler for grammar): "You emerge victorious from the maze you've been traveling in." ... I felt like I was in a Choose Your Own Adventure book and had just chosen the right option. Anyone? No? All right then. No, I don't take them seriously. Although I did also save the one that said "You will meet the love of your life today." I'm pretty sure I didn't meet anyone new that day.
instantramen14 Posted August 5, 2003 Posted August 5, 2003 [color=purple] I wanna get a morbid fortune cookie :) Lately i have been collecting fortune cookie fortunes and making one of those gum wrapper chains out of them, its pretty cool looking :) [/color]
Whiteblaze Posted August 6, 2003 Posted August 6, 2003 I like them and the whole idea of fortune cookies is fun but, I don't take fortunes seriously. The fortunes I've read either didn't fit at all or weren't for me. Some are kind of inspiring though but, I'd like to try writing fortunes to put in them because I think I can come up with some that people would actually like reading. If I were going to I'd make "cheer you up" fortunes and ones that would inspire you.
Goven Man Posted August 6, 2003 Author Posted August 6, 2003 I think that would be fun. Writing ou on fortunes. I recived this one fortune that said "There is no wisdom greater than kindness." I like that. If you could write your own fortune what would it say?
OtakuSennen Posted August 6, 2003 Posted August 6, 2003 Hm.. If I were to write a fortune? Well, there's a few I'd write: "Let a frown be your umbrella." Smiles don't make good umbrellas. The rain is kept inside of them. "The ones you know and love are your shield and your sword" Meaning they are your people to fall back on and what keeps you going. "One day soon a meteorite that has been circling the galaxy for eons will crash into your town, killing you and all your loved ones." That one just sounds fun. :D
Monkeys_revenge Posted August 6, 2003 Posted August 6, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by terra [/i] The most recent one I've saved was this (I think I only find it amusing because I'm a stickler for grammar): "You emerge victorious from the maze you've been traveling in." ... I felt like I was in a Choose Your Own Adventure book and had just chosen the right option.[/QUOTE] I got that one before! I also got one that said "You will meet somebody that you will fall deeply in love with" or something like that. Sure enough I met a girl, I liked her as a girl-friend. Her name was Kerin. We (almost) went out. Then she totally blew me off because I never talked to her. (Stupid me) She was a b**** at the end of our relationship anyways:laugh: :devil:
FartMaster745 Posted August 6, 2003 Posted August 6, 2003 I'm into fortune cookies for to cookie itself. I find them very delicious :taste: The fortunes I get dont make any sense and aren't really fortunes.
Katana Posted August 6, 2003 Posted August 6, 2003 About a month ago, my family had Chinese food for dinner. Me and my older brother have fun reading our fortunes. Mine said: "You will do well with your wife." First off, I'm 12. Second off, I'm a girl. If you look at my signature, you will see that I am NOT gay. Yes. And now, I just told him the "in bed" thing, and he laughed. I told him that because he had been complaining that "why don't they have those real fortunes, like 'you will die in pain' or whatever?" "This man can write better fortunes then all of you put together. Tell them." "Hmm...let's see...the price of stamps will grow ever higher."
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now