OtakuBoards

To old for Spongebob Squarepants?

Stuart

[color=darkred][size=1]For all you Spongebob fans out there...

Have you ever been wacthing Spongebob when your mom walks in and says "arent you a little old to be watching a cartoon?!?!?" and then people at school when your wearing a spongebob shirt they say "Spongebob is for kittys" well If its for kittys then why do they make X-large Spongebob shirts?? I dont think any little kids gonna be wearing a X-larger shirt now.. are they

I have had my teachers say that Spongebob is a good cartoon and somtimes when they are flicking through the channels they watch it by themselfs lol.

My friends and I are always making fun of Patrick hes just so stupid and SOO fricken funny, OMG, I have heard better jokes of Spongebob then other Sitcoms I have seen

Do you think Spongebob is for Kittys?? if so then WHY![/color][/size]

Honestly I don't know how anyone can like it and how it's gotten to be so popular. I watched a few episodes and they weren't really funny, and this was before the huge craze set it. Did it become insanely funny sense then or something?

Kittys? Do you mean kiddies? heh

I really like the show. I've not watched in quite some time because it seems to have gone downhill. There used to be a lot of good episodes, and now it just seems overly stupid.

The fact of the matter is that many adults think ANY cartoon is for kids. Spongebob or otherwise.

I still can't get my grandfather to even try the Simpsons, simply because it's a cartoon and cartoons are for kids... according to him. He hates sitcoms though, so I doubt he'd like it anyway.

[size=1] I'm 13 and I still watch cartoons....mainly anime, but still.

Many people are under the impression that cartoons are just for kids...but they're [i]not[/i]. Wow. I actually hate Spongebob, and the only cartoon on Nickelodeon I ever enjoyed watching was Invader ZIM and Angry Beavers. :P But anyways, I know lots of teenagers that are in love with Spongebob, so you're not alone.[/size]

I used to really like the show, but now I find it kinda... sad. I always thought there was something subliminal about the show, because both me and my older brother (we're 19 and 21 years old) like the show, but can find no real reason why.

Anyway, I don't think anybody ever really gets too old for cartoons. Depending on the level of humor, some people might outgrow certain 'toons. For example, I grew out of Arthur a while ago, I'm starting to out-grow Spongebob, and I probably will never ever out-grow Animaniacs or any other WB cartoon made in the 1990s. They're each on different levels of humor.

[color=darkred][size=1]Somthing I heard from the Security guard at the Post office this morning, when we were talking about DBZ was "The people who make cartoons have to go to college to do be able to draw it" Or somthing like that.. Im still trying to make sense of it.. Just think of the creators though... Just for making a stupid kitty cartoon they make LOTS of money.[/color][/size]

I love SpongeBob, I think it's brilliant. And it's not just for kids, I mean, some of the jokes are pretty.. dunno, mature? :) Like when SpongeBob says "Let's pretend we're plants! *photosynthesis, photosynthesis*!". Try and explain that to a 7 year old...

[color=#707875]My mum watches Spongebob more than I do. o_O

But yeah, I don't really watch it at all...only sometimes if I catch it when it's on.

I remember having conversations with people and Spongebob has come on in the background...lol...and while you're talking and the sound is low, you just see the visuals. And based on that, you have no idea what's going on...it's just so crazy. lol

But yeah, I'm a kid at heart...and my parents are like that too. I mean, my mother in particular likes a lot of that stuff. She really loves The Animatrix and she is also a Spirited Away fan. My dad is less into anime and all of that stuff, but he likes cartoons like Ren & Stimpy. o_O

Anyway, enough rambling from me. [/color]

Heh.. Spongebob... My 5th grade teacher loved that show, and wore his Spongebob T-shirt on the first and last day of every trimester to show that "HE'S READAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"!!

o.o Now that I think about it, he sorta scared me when he talked about Spongebob..

But there are cartoons which humor is at a lower level, some at a more intelligent humor level, and some that vary.. I think Spongebob appeals to adults as well as kids because it sort of has an "oldschool" cartoon appeal to it sometimes.. I mean, the music and gags are often reminiscent of earlier days, when people got his by giant anchors and it was funny... A timeless act, that it is.

I, myself, have grown out of Spongebob, and the only American cartoons I still voluntarily watch are Invader Zim, Family Guy, Futurama and The Simpsons. And Animaniacs and Hysteria.. THOSE were great shows..

But it all depends on the person. If they have a playful attitude they can watch American cartoons. If they're very dark folk they can watch depressing violent anime.. Or they can choose to stick to the limits of live-action sitcoms.

My kittie watches it. Hmm.. she likes it. So yeah, it is for kitties. jk lol

I have seen the show a lot, I have seen the horrible character voices, and I have seen the great amount of humor in it. I do not think that it is just for kids. See... if they think it is for kids, then they are wrong. Anybody has a right to watch what they want, and no I do not think it is for Kids. not at all.

But for kitties, thats a whole different story. ^^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1]the ... cartoon[s] on Nickelodeon I ... enjoyed watching [were] Invader ZIM and Angry Beavers...[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]heh, quite a bit of editing (now I have an idea as to how much tabloid articles can completely screw an interview-ee over if they didn't have to worry about getting sued), but either way, I agreeeeee with the above edited quote. two of the best shows ever ^_^.

Spongebob is awesome, in my not-so-humble opinion. at first I thought it was complete nonsense, but once I watched more of it, it evolved into... entertaining nonsense. my band director has a fetish for this show, complete with the Spongebob boxers to prove it 0_o' (someone got him a pair of SS boxers for Christmas last year, and he had the biggest grin on his face *scary!*). I wonder what his wife thinks of it......... anywho. I'd gladly get a Spongebob shirt, if I could find one that didn't look dumb (lost any hope there, lol). underwear would be where I draw the line, though. :box:[/FONT]

I love Spongebob! My dad watches it more than I do. The humor in this show isn't totally geared for little kids like other shows on Nick. All ages can find most of those episodes funny. I say most because the newer episodes aren't as good as the older ones. Some of them just plain suck. Not all newer ones are bad though, like "Chocolate with Nuts" My favorite episode is "Band Geeks." That one is hilarious! ^_^

Squidward: So thanks, thanks for nothing!
Patrick: Your Welcome.

LOL!

[color=deeppink]My brother LOVED that show, so one day I sat and watched it with him and thought it was way too weird and gross. I felt the same way after I watched it several more times.

However, a few months down the road I started to [i]like[/i] it somehow. And now I love it, too, it's hilarious! It's such stupid humor and I wouldn't stop to watch it if I were by myself and just channel surfing, but it's fun to watch with someone else. Makes for good party discussions ^_~[/color]

I dont watch many american cartoons, but when i do it's usally sponge bob! do u know how funny it is when you hangin out with your friends it's like 3 am in the morning and all of the sudden that show comes on! OMg it's hilarious, only when your really tired and then it's really funny, or when you're.......yeah! lol

He lives in a pineapple under the sea....who wouldn't want to do that?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]Sponge Bob is an ok show. I must admit that it is quite funny. My favorite show is the one when they read the curse words off the dumpster and when ever they said one it wold be a strange noise. [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=century gothic] [b]
Sopngebob has great humour, I enjoy watching it sometimes and just having a laugh at the cool antics the characters get up to. I think it all depends on your sense of humour really. Alot of the gags on the show can appeal to the teen audiences and they do. It's not just for kiddies. I wouldn't go so far as to wear a Spongebob T - Shirt though, or Boxer shorts.[/b] [/font]

• 4 weeks later...
Spongebob is for everyone I think. It's a funny show and my aunt watches it all the time. Plus, some of the jokes they put in cartoons today aren't for children. They put them in there for the adults because a child wouldn't understand it. Sorry. I don't have an example, but I've watched Nickelodeon cartoons that have these jokes and I'm like, "a little kid wouldn't get this."
Oh! and my favorite character's Patrick. He's so stupid.

I absolutely can't stand that show and can't understand how people could sit and watch it. The voices are incredibly annoying and the storylines are so very idiotic. I've never been able to actually watch a whole episode without screaming in agony and changing it or leaving the room. I can kinda see how my 9 year old cousin can like it, but people my age?.... Please. :nope: