Jump to content
OtakuBoards

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. So, who do you side with?

    • Idealistic Vash
      30
    • Realistic Knives
      19


Recommended Posts

Posted
Ohhhhh, so that's why when I went to get it, they told me next month. The lady even tried to convince me it didn't exist. I'm really curious too! It driving me insane, I want to read it!

Who would Dark Horse retailers be? Comic stores?
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
And while you all tear your hairs out in frustration and impatience, I am surrounded by all of my Trigun comics, which I'm sure will come out in trickles for English... maybe 1 or 2 books per 2 or 3 months? He he he.... Life is Grand...
Posted
[color=seagreen]They tried to tell you it didn't exist?? That is strange, I wonder what they will tell you when you go back in a month.

Metatron, it is not nice to make her cry... I think you need to share with the rest of the class. I gues that we will all have to learn Japanese...[/color]
Posted
Yeah, I know! The lady was practically screaming at me for, ahem, "wasting her time with this nonsense." I gave her the author and publishing company and she STILL didn't believe me. Then finally she looked it up on the computer and said, "We won't have it until November." What a psycho.

Yes, we all have to learn Japanese. And Metatron can teach us... *evil snicker*
Posted
Metatron, why do you have to be so mean? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *continues to cry* I wish I could read Japanese! Can we switch brains? (Note that it's not nice to make people cry.) Well, I can buy a book on learning to read in Japanese at B. Dalton. I hope they have that kind of stuff. Oh, that means that I'm way too excited to get some Trigun manga.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rasberry [/i]
[B]Vash the stampede is amazing [/B][/QUOTE]

Rasberry, try to put some more efforts into your posts. You're supposed to explain why you think something or not. This is an example of spam, and it should be deleted.

Vash the Stampede is amazing. He is like a super-intelligent guy (he can do really hard math and change tragectories in his head). He also has supreme accuracy and a gun arm. That combination is pretty hard to beat.The fact that [spoiler]he's a plant that was given human characteristcs[/spoiler] makes him a lot more amazing.
Posted
Watching Trigun for the first time didn't strike my eye. First of all, I noticed the western atmosphere, which I'm not too fond of. Also, I thought Vash's comedic moments were "dorky". However, I gave it a chance. And sure enough, Trigun is one of my favorite animes. I appreciate the complexity of the characters and the story line. The mixture of western, sci-fi, comedy, and drama makes this series top notch. :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rasberry [/i]
[B]Vash the stampede is amazing [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please visit the OB Information Center and read the rules on post quality. This is considered spam and will be deleted.

IloveBebop, please do not play mod. Thank you.[/color][/size]
Posted
trigun is awsome. i mean its got great animation. and vash is sooo hot.*blushes at the thought of it* and that wolfwood is cool too. his cross is awsome aswell. trigun is one of my favorite anime shows next to .hack//sign.
Posted
Trigun Rocks!

Unlike most of the people I thought the comedy and lightheartedness of Vash was really funny and cool. I really enjoyed the episodes and would really like to get my hands on the manga.
Posted
I believe the first manga is out now for English. Of course, it doesn't really get interesting until Trigun Maximum book 2 or so. *chuckles* I think the manga in English will be - 2 mangas for Trigun, and 8 for Maximum.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]IloveBebop, please do not play mod. Thank you.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, sorry for paying attention to the rules. I didn't know that only moderators could play mod. I just wanted to correct that person's mistake. It could happen with me at any time. :modrod:

I wish I had the money to get my hands on the Trigun manga. I'm just a poor kid. The Trigun manga (by what I've heard from this and other threads) is very informative.
Posted
I got the Trigun manga yesterday! *Dances*

It is very, very good. It's a lot like the anime, but at the same time different. I don't want to tell you much more since it'd be spoiling, but the beginning is pretty much episode 5 of the anime, and the rest is episodes 7, 8, and 14, but with some differences. Plus it's very informative in parts. I'd recommend it! *Grin* Now I just have to wait 'til January for the next one, *sniff*. (I know what you're thinking, Metatron! Don't mock us!)
Posted
Honestly.. you go far as to mention my name, and you expect me to stay shut? LOL. But I won't resort to mockery. Bit of a spoiler. Next book, you get the full entry of the GHG, Legato, Knives, etc. Honestly speaking, the Trigun Manga are nothing compared to the Maximum. So wait patiently guys.... (no mockery intended)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angel Vash [/i]
[B]Trigun is AWESOME!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Hi and welcome to the OtakuBoards. Posts like this are not allowed, are considered spam, and are immediately deleted. Please read the rules on post quality. Thank you.[/color][/size]
Posted
Trigun Maximum Manga #9 is out. Its very, very good with awesome plot twists. Its basically where Wolfwood goes all out against his past 'friend' as well as his past teacher. Good stuff. Lotta action.
Posted
[color=green]**Looks at Metatron jealously** You do that just to be mean, don't you?? Well, I am glad you like it, but that just make me more impatient![/color]
Posted
Man, I couldn't afford the Trigun manga when I went to Waldenbooks. *looks at pricetag* $15. I had to get the Rurouni Kenshin manga instead. I blame my Shonen Jump for this...
Guest Legato898
Posted
I love Trigun it's one of the best anime shows ever created!! I love Legato Bluesummers he is so cool and crazy!! Vash and his brother Knives are really cool too!! I was wondering i'm new here so if anyone could tell me how to get a Trigun Picture under my name or is it called an avatar?? Anyways if you know anyplaces please e-mail me either at the site or preferably at my private E-mail at [email]billy.townsend1@cox.net[/email]!! Thanks! TRIGUN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted
I don't want to play mod or anything, Legato898, but your post is a classic example of SP@M.

I don't post in the otakuboards.com Trigun threads anymore *because* the intelligence level of the fans here has dropped through the sewer. It's basically become a spam zone and a "I watched it once on TV and read one site so I know it all" board.

If I want to discuss Trigun, I do so in IMs, on another messageboard, on my myotaku site, on fanfiction.net-but not here.

I don't mean this as an insult to the intelligent posters (you know who you are) but I'm so sick of spam and posts that have NO thought at all. . .Plant_Angel, Spinnelein, Metatron, Sunde, all of you. . .where arrre youuuuu?
Posted
[color=green]We all kind of gave up with you, MillieFan. Maybe that's why it never got better.

SO...inteligence, let's see if I can muster some up. Jazzlady, you're along for this ride to, I'm counting on you...

Let's talk about religious references in Trigun, as there are many... Let's start with Wo;fwood. He's is obviously a priest, but what other religious aspests can we magnify about him? I find it interesting that a cross, the tool Jesus used to forgive the world's sins, is Wolfwood's tool for vengence. Just a start.[/color]
Posted
Yeah, its kinda ironic to see so many christian medaphores coming from a japanese show. Like the case of Vash and Knives are like Adam and Eve as in Knives corrupted Vash as did Eve did Adam. Or the constant references to Eden. And the Angel Arms are obviously are a give away.
Posted
I have so many problems with that allegory (Vash and Knives as Adam and Eve) that I won't even bother with going through it now for time and space reasons. I'm moderating another board and I don't have much more time (I borrow my sister's computer to go online since I don't have mine connected to the internet yet for personal financial reasons) so I'll deal with this later when I have time.

-^.^-

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...