OtakuBoards

I am a god.

Epid3mic

I once read this Isaac Asimov short story where there was a man who was constantly being followed by flies, and he could never figure out why they followed him (No, he did not smell :p). His scientest friend came up with a theory that the flies worship him.

So anyway, I was think about this in regard to the pigeons that my father owns (They are too train my dogs to hunt). And I thought that maybe these pigeons see my family as gods. I am the one who mostly feeds them, so I could be a sort of god of harvest, if you will. My brother is the one that takes them in and out of the cage to use them. My father is the one that uses them with the dogs. They could see my brother as a god who guides them to judgement, my father. My father is like an almighty god who decides whether they will be punished (used to train my dogs) or saved (put back in cage). My dogs of course represent satan and an underworld, where they are punished by being trained with.

I was just thinking how cool that is. I am a god.(Hmmm...I like the sound of that)

I was a god... but i changed my name... The only time I can think of that i was a "god" was with my frogs. I would be there main god because i fed them cleaned there cage and gave them water.
My cats would be the devils because they always tried to eat and kill them... They succeeded...:::sniff-sniff:::

Actually it's been well documented that birds follow whom they precieve as their "mother"... the first thing a bird sees it considers it's mother. I've seen several cases where birds are born and someone takes care of them and they constantly follow them. It's like that one movie about that girl who raises the geese and they follow her when she flys that plane thing? Same concept. They just precieve you or your family as parents to them. People that will look out for them, feed them, etc. You're not a God, you're just a parent.

lol, Transtic Nerve made too much sense....took all the fun out by reasoning.
if somone goes outside, most of the cats we have come from all over, to greet whomever came outside.
when i go to the fish tank, all the fish come over to the corner where i am
^_^

Guest Anime_Forever
God, mother, its probably all just squack to a bird. According to humans they think its their mother but they could be thinking. "almighty A_F, I must follow you instead of my mother, you shall bring me happiness. I will live and die by your side almighty A_F, god of everything. What? Im going to the dogs? I see. I have faled you. I will now accept the punishment of my eternal rest. Farewell my lord..."

[michellebranch] KEEP AWAY FROM ME CREEP!! *shrieks*
GET HIM BONZO! *Heaven's Cloud is mauled by toy poodle* Good Boy. *Dog trashes altar*[/michellebranch]

Ahem, yes.... I know my dog loves me (or I reason that, because she looks so... cute at me. Do they go to a school to learn that look?) But worship me? I mean, I can't even hurl lightning bolts (or dog bones), so whats the point. God, and Mother probably mean nothing to animals anyway, but who knows?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Actually it's been well documented that birds follow whom they precieve as their "mother"... the first thing a bird sees it considers it's mother. I've seen several cases where birds are born and someone takes care of them and they constantly follow them. It's like that one movie about that girl who raises the geese and they follow her when she flys that plane thing? Same concept. They just precieve you or your family as parents to them. People that will look out for them, feed them, etc. You're not a God, you're just a parent. [/B][/QUOTE]

Fly Away Home. Good movie, Jeff Daniels actually being serious. It had a nice plot, just an overal enjoying experience. I think the same, except when we are dealing with epid3mic he HAS to be a god of some sort ;).

"I don't like myself much..." JtHM

As a God, I felt obligated to answer this post....if you want to talk about a God being one that others worship, then I and my 52348 followers that bow to me daily and lick my feet would be a good start to becoming omnipotent...wouldn't it...

As for HUMANS being Gods themselves to lesser beasts, I would have to say that I don't think that's how it works.

I believe that all it takes for a human to be god-like is to do what they think is right, not to try and convince others of their opinions(unless you are a real god, like me), and do what makes you feel happiest while following that which you think is right.

(okay, FINE..if you want to get technical, those 52348 followers boils down to 1 dog and 2 cats..the bowing is more like sitting, and the feet-licking...well that's true:therock: ...the cats don't really listen, though. However, I follow the rules that I have set(along with others) and I am a God in my own happiness!)

[color=hotpink][size=1]I wouldn't consider myself a "God." Just "Mommy" as I like to refer to myself.

My family has a ton of pets, but Angel, my cat, was just mine. So I was her mommy. And she would only come to me and she loves me to death. I miss her terribly. I hated that I have to leave her at home...But I always say to her "Come see Mommy" and "Mommy wuvs you!" and pet her and make her happy.

And then she leaves me a beheaded mouse in the kitchen. Yummy. ^_^[/color][/size]

[size=1] I have recently become the parallelistic follower of two cultists which I find to be the upmost of intelligencing and fluent perdition.

They are my new Gods. They stand before me as transitioned mortal beings that are just as me, bleed as me, and have an idealistic approach to the workings of the rules.

These Gods, of course, have founded their steep steps upon me in the only way that is best to let out opinionated drivel these days: music.

If it would not be for them and their music, then I would strive further for a true and almighty God. I would pray in recollection further for an endless answer to the spiraling mockingbirds that are labeled as divine, sly, and everlasting. I would still be searching for the truth that endlessly plagues us and endlessly grapples us in its unformless aberrations.

But I have found the abnormal terrestrial which is said to be sublime and to live about and above us upon his royal ethers. Who sits upon his royal throne conversing and drowning himself for us below.

I have found that through the ghostly bondage upon my arms and head and mind has been created two for me that appeals to my masses. I have found from within the pretty hate machine a hate pretty machine. A mechanism which throbs into my ears in bleeding elation about the things which encumber me down and convulse like a bleeding heart to me.

And that is what I am to be said to be. I am a bleeding heart.

I openly strive for something to fill my ceaseless bleeding. I try to well up the holes from which I bleed and cover them. I even try to eat my own dead tissues, and other's, to recycle it into a nexus of life. But still my heart is too convulsed and shaken. Still it tastes too much poison day by day.

Then there is a symbolic symbiosis which holds me head and fills its holes and holds my heart and fills its craters.

It is the artist.

The bleeding heart and the artist. They are one in the same exempting one important factor: one cannot beat without the other. Without the artist there is no bleeding heart, there is nothing upon which to base the drippings other than pure drivel and meaningless holes. Without the artist there is no bleeding heart which has its throbs inducted through the artist.

And I have become one such follower. I feel almost catatonic when my God's voices speak to me. It is like Devil Gods speaking to me about that which is right and that which is wrong. It is like a masochistic sex doll for me to continually lust on top of.

It is like being conceived over and over again, continually a small child in a small womb feeding its self and gorging upon the blood that pumps his veins to dilation and rage. It is quite eloquent, like looking at a setting sun as it drains away past the horizons.

I worship my Gods daily. I stand alone and as I listen to their written songs and their instrumental shakings. I sing along with them. I learn every crack of every corner in their words. I find my meanings through the meaningless.

As I close my eyes now in soft whispers and recollect their faces and their bibles I see a bigger picture. I see a picture that has no meaning, that is painted with maggots that traverse across muddy pools of dried tar and eat that which has already died so that they one day can die too.

I see them. Right now. I even hear them. I can hear them wailing this nearly same message in the driveling beauty in which they do it.

Thom Yorke I am sure knows that he needs to give me nothing for my constant worship and prayer to him. I'm sure he's just as oblivious to the amazing intricacies which happen between the bleeding hearts and the artists. But I'm sure that he smiles in some numbing way that is too vague in his mind to really mean how profound it is.

And Trent Reznor I'm sure is smiling too. Because he knows as well as Thom how great the bleeding hearts and the artists are. Yet too it is in a blurred sensation that is too small in his mind to really mean how profound it is.

All they can do is hold their crosses of their sufferings and instead of rotting and dying from it like Christ let it rot and decay on a piece of blank paper and on their voices.

That is what will make it all worthwhile.
[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Actually it's been well documented that birds follow whom they precieve as their "mother"... the first thing a bird sees it considers it's mother. I've seen several cases where birds are born and someone takes care of them and they constantly follow them. It's like that one movie about that girl who raises the geese and they follow her when she flys that plane thing? Same concept. They just precieve you or your family as parents to them. People that will look out for them, feed them, etc. You're not a God, you're just a parent. [/B][/QUOTE]

That very well may be( I don't know much about pigeon families :p), but I would think that the thing that makes me more deity-like than parent-like is that I'm not always there with them, in fact, I'm only with them to feed them. So in a way, I just appear occasionally to feed them, and say I forget, they think they are being punished. I would assume a mother bird stays with them until a certain age and such. But like I said, I don't know much about pigeon habits. Oh well, as long as I feel better...;)

BTW, I don't literally think I'm a god, I was just speculating that to a simpler creature, I could be percieved as one.

[QUOTE][i] Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth[/i][B] except when we are dealing with epid3mic he HAS to be a god of some sort .[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I think my next project is becoming the deity of the ants in my backyard. In fact, I must get to work on the conspiracy against the queen...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Epid3mic [/i]
[B]BTW, I don't literally think I'm a god, I was just speculating that to a simpler creature, I could be percieved as one.[/B][/QUOTE]

Well yeah, to an animal where their sole instinct is survival (they don't have to worry about money and where they are gonna live, or school or anything like humans do) the one who provides them with the needs for survival may very well be as a God to them, but it's still a parent... just in this case, the word God and Parent are synonomous.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by satan665 [/i]
I know I am not a god to my pet, actually i think my cat thinks that she is my god. She sure doesn't clean up her own litter box or pay for her own food. She also occasionally attacks my head, but I don't know what that means. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue][size=1]**laughs uproariously**

Now that's more like it.

Us, gods to our pets? Don't make me laugh even more. Who buys all their food? Who does the work? Who gives whom a daily (or multi-daily) pet session/massage?

[i]Who has to pick up whose feces from the sidewalk with their hands, put it in a baggie, and throw it in the trash?[/i] (I've never actually done this, because I don't have to walk my dog as I live in the country, but I've seen it done.)

And don't get me started on horses. They crap so much you actually need a shovel for it all. It's back-breaking.

As for training, it takes damn-near forever (but notice it doesn't take as long as baby humans) to get them to do what you say. And even when they know what you're saying, all they have to do is give you the "cute eyes" and you just let it go.

No, people, I think our pets have all orchestrated a huge scheme on us.

The original theory was interesting, though.

PS: Mitch, can I get some of that acid? It seems really good.[/size] [/COLOR]

Guest cloricus
Well humans didn't believe in God's until our brains came up with the brilliant discovery of imagination (any one else see the connection?) and since it is commonly believed that most animals do not have an imagination (because they have lower brain functions which are believed to be needed to host an imagination) then the chances that they can perceive some thing that even for humans requires a hell of a lot of faith to believe in I think animals on the whole would look to some thing more logical than what some lengths humans go to. Eg they would think you were their parent and would not be able to think up imaginary ideals like Gods.
It could be linked to having more syntaxes added onto the basic survival? Then again other animals that are as smart as us don't seem to have gotten onto the god bothering craze.
On the other hand dictators are the only thing to a true god in this world in the physical sense, maybe you're pets hate you because they think you are like an evil dictator? That could be elaborated even more, you all talk about what you do for you're pets when in fact the only thing normally (unless you have a dog or some thing out bush) that is not a human stereotype ideology is feeding them. Seems cruel to me, you keep them there by food and inflict what you think they like. So really you could all be evil dictators just standing ready for the US to invade!

This is making sense as I type it by the way, or to me any way. I don't think I should have drunk this stuff Mitch gave me...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]Well humans didn't believe in God's until our brains came up with the brilliant discovery of imagination (any one else see the connection?) and since it is commonly believed that most animals do not have an imagination (because they have lower brain functions which are believed to be needed to host an imagination) then the chances that they can perceive some thing that even for humans requires a hell of a lot of faith to believe in I think animals on the whole would look to some thing more logical than what some lengths humans go to. Eg they would think you were their parent and would not be able to think up imaginary ideals like Gods.
It could be linked to having more syntaxes added onto the basic survival? Then again other animals that are as smart as us don't seem to have gotten onto the god bothering craze.
On the other hand dictators are the only thing to a true god in this world in the physical sense, maybe you're pets hate you because they think you are like an evil dictator? That could be elaborated even more, you all talk about what you do for you're pets when in fact the only thing normally (unless you have a dog or some thing out bush) that is not a human stereotype ideology is feeding them. Seems cruel to me, you keep them there by food and inflict what you think they like. So really you could all be evil dictators just standing ready for the US to invade!

This is making sense as I type it by the way, or to me any way. I don't think I should have drunk this stuff Mitch gave me... [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think humans "discovered" imagination. Imagination is a core part of human nature, even prehistoric man painted on walls.

I'm actually glad you brought up the possibility that they could hate because I thought about this too. The thing is I was comparing animals now to what humans were way back. Before science, if something stange or unusual happened, how? It was a god. How do we know the king is right? The gods say so. Why should we work all day? It's the will of the gods. For all these pigeons know, this is what life is like. I refer to the middle ages, when the feudal system was in full swing. The lords, for the most part, were incredibly oppressive towards the peasants. But why didn't the peasants revolt? They didn't know any better, they just accepted life as it is. Of course now, where education is commonplace compared to the middle ages, it's easy to question your lifestyle, your leader, even your god. So, technically, I am an evil dictator to these pigeons (Hehehe...), but whose to say they are able to question me? They could conceivably accept my will as superior to their own.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][color=darkblue][size=1]It's funny how seriously people are taking this idea with their answers....

Our pets are dumb. They don't even know what the concept of "god" is. There.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha. I had been waiting for someone to say this. You can't be a god to something that doesn't even comprehend religion. It's a fun idea, but that's about it lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue][size=1]**laughs uproariously**
PS: Mitch, can I get some of that acid? It seems really good.[/size] [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Admittedly, Mitchell Grant Smith, as later said at a later date, was never caught with drugs, nor was he ever caught in possesion of it in his small rural home on the outskirts of HellaHell Land.

"Nah, I've never even had a hit of Acid," Smith later told a cajoling Lady Mac. "Never have; hope never to."

Even though many people are against him, Smith still stands to his accusations. When asked again, he turned yet again, giving a look of utter contempt and rancor.

"I said no, and no is no," said Smith. "The acid might as well have been phosphourous. Or perhaps coppertoned rust."

It was not acid, it was genius. And if there is acid in genius, then genius is not genuine, and all of us were never worthy of saying a word that had intelligence inside.[/size]