OtakuBoards

Racism

Celia

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pantalaimon
I don't like racism it disgusts me but something that really ticks me off is when a white person attacks a black person it almost always is publisised as racial assault! But when a black person beats up a white person it's publisised as just assault.(Notice i used publisised not filed).

I wouldnt consider myself a racist...i just dont necessarily like certain black people. Yes i know most people will hate me for that, but a lot of them get rather annoying. Like when a table of them are talking together they will make more noise then any of the other tables....combined. Plus i totally hate rap....i dont see how its music when they dont even use a guitar in basically every song. Basically its just the ones that act like that that i despise.

Now even though i said i dont like some black people, there are some i do get along with. I have a few friends that are black and when i talk to them about it they agree with me on most parts. Besides this group i dont dislike any other type of nationality. Hopefully some people will understand.

There are thousands of music peices outside of rap that doesn't use a guitar. And think, Mike from Linkin Park. I hang with that crowd you hate so much frontman, sorry to bust your bubble. But then again, all the tables at my school are loud as hell.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pbfrontmanvdp [/i]
[B]I wouldnt consider myself a racist...i just dont necessarily like certain black people. Yes i know most people will hate me for that, but a lot of them get rather annoying. Like when a table of them are talking together they will make more noise then any of the other tables....combined.[/quote][/b]

[color=#707875]What has that got to do with their skin colour? My god. I've met plenty of black people (there is a large African Australian community near where my school is) and I've never noticed anything like that. In fact, I've only ever met intelligent, reserved and kind black people. So, I don't know where you get the notion that their noise relates to their skin colour.[/color][quote][b]

Plus i totally hate rap....i dont see how its music when they dont even use a guitar in basically every song. Basically its just the ones that act like that that i despise.[/quote][/b]

[color=#707875]Okay, well, there are [i]many[/i] problems with this.

Firstly, how can you possibly say that a dislike for rap equates to a dislike for black people? That's like me saying that I hate Americans because I dislike country music. Please. That's just ridiculous.

Secondly, your point about not using a guitar...is horribly, horribly ignorant. lol

What about classical music? Classical music might be one of the major elements in history that led to the birth of all modern music. And you're now telling me it's [i]not[/i] music? I'm sorry, but that's really, really foolish. Guitars are one instrument used in music. "Music" can be almost anything that follows a particular mathematical rhythm.[/color][quote][b]

Now even though i said i dont like some black people, there are some i do get along with. I have a few friends that are black and when i talk to them about it they agree with me on most parts. Besides this group i dont dislike any other type of nationality. Hopefully some people will understand. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]You're contradicting yourself. You're now saying that you like [i]some[/i] black people. Yet you are also saying that you don't like that "nationality". Firstly, these black people that you speak of are probably the same nationality as you. In other words, they're American. And secondly, you can't say that you dislike all black people and then say that some are your friends. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Please...let's just maintain some intelligence here.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth [/i]
[B]Double Diago, not everything revolves around your cultural "experience". So don't flatter yourself by claiming you burst his "bubble" by hanging around a certain crowd. He probably cares less than I do at this point. Think before you post please. No offense. [/B][/QUOTE]

Why do you obsess on correcting me, Drix? Its like you've been stalking me threw the boards s oyou can place your two-cents on every letter i type. God, get off my back. ANd what i ment about bursting his bubble is by saying that all the tables are loud. AMybe a typing error here and there. Grrr. Your the one who was just ranting about acceptiong peoples opinions. Look at you.

All i got to say is racism is just an unexceptible thing in our society. Most of the OBers live in mixed countries. Australia is mixed in cultures, America is mixed in every way, and England is mixied in every way. YOu can't afford to be racist and racism is undenialby a bad thing. Its just the beleifs of certai nignorant people who won't get over themselves and the world would be a much better place without it and them.

Isn't that how most of us write in the subject it self. I mean in any thread almost everybody writes using their experiance or in this since cultural experiance. Not only that, but I am positive that their is alot of other people in this lounge alone who has the same cultural experiance and understands what he is talking. I understand what you are saying Drix, but keep in mind that he is Daigo is not the only one who writes useing his cultural experiance. Not only that, but I don't really think it was nesessary for you to say that he was claiming any thing unless of coarse you know him personaly. I think he was trying to prove a point that their is more music than just rap who doesn't use a guitar in their music and that their are people here who hang with that type of crowd. Alright so I'm going out on a limb here since I don't know him personaly and I'm sorry if I seem rude you might want to think about what you're posting before you post it. As a matter of fact we all might want to think about it first. I try to think about it and reread my post just so I try and make sure that I don't seem racial or any thing and to be honest Drix you need to as well because alot of your post on this thread seem that way even though I'm sure you don't mean to be.

Sorry double, just giving my two cents :D . I'm not stalking you, and I do agree my last post was kinda low-blowish on my part. Sorry if I seem that way. I'm just trying to give my personal opinion like everyone else. Don't worry Diago, i'm sure you are a great person, we just disagree on something.

[color=#707875]I think one thing we need to emphasize here is post quality.

Charlie, you really need to think about paragraphs and punctuation.

I think you're a person who has something valid to contribute. So I'm not being nasty to you or anything, I just think that you could get your messages across more clearly. If you have something valid to say, it's disappointing when that message is scrambled by poor post quality.

And Double_B...I understood what you meant, but it's important to slow down and take more care with your posts. Try to be careful with grammar and punctuation, so that your message gets across more clearly. If your post quality is higher, it's more difficult for people to misinterpret you. So that's something to remember.

And yes, of course, what we have to say here is based largely on our own cultural experiences. Fiasco is racist and homophobic. He's the polar opposite of me. But was he born that way? No. He's a result of his own cultural experience, or lack thereof.

I think Double_B was trying to make a valid point, he just didn't get it across effectively.[/color]

Why...why are you all anti-racist? Is it perhaps you don't understand where some of them are coming from? I can understand how you hate racists like some of the ones you've been talking about. But are you saying you're automatically hate me just because I dislike people's religions? And *gasp* I don't like criminals. hmm...let's think about that. what's NOT to dislike about criminals and gangsters? I mean, they're rude, crude, poor disgraces to the face of the United States. I don't look at it because of how they look, I look at it as how they act. In fact, I have at least 2 mexican friends (trust me, that's alot considering how many friends total I have...10 at the most) because unlike most of the other mexicans and black people, they don't act racist. Chinese people are just strange in my opinion, and I hate communists. Communism doesn't work, get it in your head. Bloody hell. Then some athiests I'm okay with, but satanists, jews (not the race, the religion), and muslims piss me off. Go ahead, yell at me. as if I truly care. Sure, I don't get many girls being racist like this, but hey, I say if she doesn't like it she can go **** herself. I mean, if I ever get a girl, it would be because she truly cares about me no matter what I do, so long as I stay myself and stay true to her and my own self. I think all of you are shallow people who are also prejudice in that you look at all racists the same. I'm a very nice person if you get to know me, but likely none of you will because I'm RACIST. Yes, that's right, I'm RACIST, but that shouldn't matter, because none of you are PREJUDICE, right? That's what I thought. You just promote prejudice when you say that you hate racists, rather than stopping it, which is what you should be doing if you're that worried about it. And why does it always happen that whenever I'm talking to an anti-racist chick, the conversation of racism always comes up? I mean, bloody hell, I don't want to argue, but then you guys are the ones that start arguing usually. I mean, geez. And I'm not even truly racist, just mildly. So just think about it, and think before you start to argue with one of the smarter racists out there.

Errr...James, trying to see where you're coming from. You can't contradict yourself when you hate a nationality when you have friends from it too...plus, he never said he hated Africans. He just said he hated how the typical black acts. Which I totally agree with him on. I hate gangsters, whether chinese, or white, or black, or mexican. So there, my other half of the cents. 1 cent per post. Therefore you all have my 2 cents. Go ahead, start arguing. I'm ready.

Anti-racists contradict themselves. :demon:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Die Krähe [/i]
[B]Why...why are you all anti-racist? [B]

well, honestly, i dont remember anyone saying they hate racists (maybe i missed it?)

[B] I'm a very nice person if you get to know me, but likely none of you will because I'm RACIST. Yes, that's right, I'm RACIST, but that shouldn't matter, because none of you are PREJUDICE, right?[B]

well, if you look at it like how i am, it would make no sense to try to make friends with somone who already knows they wont like you. you said [I] directly[I] yourself, you dont like jews, muslims, chinese...so, anyone that is jewish, muslim or chinese might not take the time to try to get to know somone who already knows they dont like them. get what i mean? you have all rights to your opinion, no one is saying you dont. but, if somone says, " i hate all racists, they just bug me" would you try to get to know them?
think about that ^^;

[color=002E55]Smarter racists out there, Die Krähe? Exactly how does that work? People who are unable to accept that there is absolutely zero difference between someone who (for example) is black and someone who is white are just plain stupid to me.

I might understand or try to comprehend your views, had you provided reasons as to [i]why[/i] you hate or dislike all those things. Instead, you come on blurting that Communism simply 'doesn't work', and that certain races piss you off. I've already stated my reasons as to why I think racists are just plain stupid, how about you justify racism for me?[/color]

Lea your right because nobody has said that they hate racists people. I don't hate them and I most likely will and I feel very sure that their are alot of people who will disagree on this particular subject, but would still like to know you.

However don't be surprised if you find someone who hate racists people and will refuse to get to know you, but what ever you do please don't think every one is like that.;)

Die, while I don't completly agree with Red he does how ever have a point. You haven't given any reason as to why you hate some races. However I don't think that just because someone is racist that they're stupid. Most of them have some good reason to be racist.;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Die Krähe [/i]
[B]Errr...James, trying to see where you're coming from. You can't contradict yourself when you hate a nationality when you have friends from it too...plus, he never said he hated Africans. He just said he hated how the typical black acts. Which I totally agree with him on. I hate gangsters, whether chinese, or white, or black, or mexican. So there, my other half of the cents. 1 cent per post. Therefore you all have my 2 cents. Go ahead, start arguing. I'm ready.

Anti-racists contradict themselves. :demon: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Firstly, I advise you not to double post. It's against the rules.

Secondly...let me address your points here.

If you say that you hate a nationality of people, you can't then say that you [i]like[/i] one or two of them. That means that you actually [i]don't[/i] hate the entire nationality of people. He didn't make any specific comments to that effect. He didn't quantify his statements. So I'm only going by what he said.

I [i]know[/i] what he means, but I'm pointing out that he isn't actually racist against an entire group of people if he likes some of those said people. It's more a question of him not understanding what racism is...or what generalizations are, in any case.

Anti-racists aren't contradicting themselves here. You're either racist or you're not. The guy who I quoted earlier possibly isn't as racist as he thinks, based on what he said. The problem is that he wasn't terribly clear about it.

If you hate gangsters...fine. But that obviously doesn't make you racist. Because obviously, not all black/chinese/white/etc people are gangsters. lol

Oh and..."smarter racists"? Since when are racists smart? Racism is a direct result of ignorance. Therefore, racism is not a sign of intelligence or wisdom.[/color]

Thought I'd just pop in to add my two cents..

Rascism,as a whole is an ignorant practice, mostly due [b]to[/b] ignorance. People are afraid of things they haven't experienced/are different, and therefore make no effort to learn anything about the different culture, in this case, preferring to simply fal back on stereotypes.

A good example of this would be after the 9/11 attacks, anyone who either
A)wore a turban (like sikhs)
B) Had light brown skin
were thought of as Arabs and therefore terrorists. They were harrased and attacked, their buisnesses defaced, all because of extremists.

Rascism is a disgusting practice which cannot and will not be corrected until people educate themselves about other cultures.

Interesting topic.....me, being a black male, I really have no problems or whatever with people with different nationalities, religions, or ethnicities....but it aint vice versa...many cats see me as a non-future achieving, pants sagging, slang usin, soon to be on da block nigg*, drinking 40's and smoking dro....The only thing I lke about those who are racists is that when I make them look stupid by proving hem wrong, i get that real good gut feeling....

This has been one funny thread; as always, Charles and James seem to be the voices of reason.

Racism stems, from what I believe to be, a lack of wonderment about the world. There is so much cool stuff out there! The amount of stuff people could learn from different cultures if they just allowed themselves to open up. At the same time, freaking out about closed minded people and disapproving of their beliefs, solely on the basis that they are racist is just as bad as putting a person down because you don?t like the colour of their skin.
The more we allow in others, the more hopefully will be allowed to our children. I feel bad for people that are racist, not that I?m all high and mighty, but, I dunno, something in me just feels bad for them. Like, they are so angry and focused on hate, why would someone want to live their life like that? There are just so many beautiful things all around us, so many things to be thankful for? ah well, that?s life, eh?
Different views, different cultures, different experiences that mold us? same world.

[size=1][b]Racism is just as bad, if not worse than prejudism. *coughHackHelbacough*

Humans are just afraid of the unusual, or different things out there. Peoples' skin are colored different, so we panic and use remarks to defend ourselves. It's the human way of life, but some people can cope and actually like differences in people. I, myself, am not racist or prejudice. But alot of older people in my family are. [i.e. grandfather, great grandmother.]

Leh[/b][/size]

Guest Fiasco
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]Fiasco, how can you be racist AND an anime fan? The anime is created by the Japanese asians and brought over to AMerica probably by a mixed cultural group. Your a pretty weird guy and can't see your own flaws obviously. [/B][/QUOTE]

First off, who said I was racist against all people? I'm just racist against a few races, which is most of them, but japanest people I am not, they rock, they made sushi ;) Secondly, I'm not a big anime fan, I'm here for the Entertainment and Gaming sections buddy ;) So before you try to sound smart and size me up, how about you actually learn a few things about me first. It might help.

Another thing, all of you who say people who get treated differently because they are of a different color, since they did so much bitchin' [sorry for language] that they changed it all. It's easier for a minority to get into a college then it is for a white person, if they had to choose between one, they'd choose the minority.

But I'm a full on racist against black people, they really aggravate me. With all their "WE WERE SLAVES FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS, GIVE IT BACK TO US" or whatever they say, whining because their ancestors were slaves and didn't have the smarts to make it. But you know, lots of black people are making it in this world, and dominating in some areas [sports mostly] so the people that say they should get more, need to shut it.

I agree with you on that one, but none of my freind who are black or even live in my immediate 100 Miles are like that. And i live near a really big city, so you can't really say that. I meen, why do you have to be aggrivated at blacks? Has one ever confronted you with that sort of thing? And if they have, why don't you just say, "Its not like you were the slave, so shut the **** up about it and get on with your life!" or something along those lines. YOu don't have to be racist, just prove them wrong.

Okay, now I get it. You do have a point about that one, but once again I have to agree with Daigo. You don't have to be racist just because their are some blacks who think that white people need to give something back. Not all black people are like that, but again you do have a point considering that it can get annoying after a while.

[off subject]Nice picture Daigo. ;>

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by juna [/i]
Racism stems, from what I believe to be, a lack of wonderment about the world. There is so much cool stuff out there! The amount of stuff people could learn from different cultures if they just allowed themselves to open up. At the same time, freaking out about closed minded people and disapproving of their beliefs, solely on the basis that they are racist is just as bad as putting a person down because you don?t like the colour of their skin.
The more we allow in others, the more hopefully will be allowed to our children. I feel bad for people that are racist, not that I?m all high and mighty, but, I dunno, something in me just feels bad for them. Like, they are so angry and focused on hate, why would someone want to live their life like that? There are just so many beautiful things all around us, so many things to be thankful for? ah well, that?s life, eh?
Different views, different cultures, different experiences that mold us? same world. [/B][/QUOTE]

i totaly agree ^^;