OtakuBoards

Racism

Celia

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Die Krähe [/i]
[B] Jews killed my Christ. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Out of all you said, Die. That has got to be the weirdest. Er...Jesus was Jewish. So...do you hate him too?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by THx11 [/i]
[B]Racist people are the lowest form of life. They belong in hell.
[/B] [/QUOTE]
Look, another case of racism of racists! But do think, every racist person who read that post must suddenly want the same thing to happen to you, ne?(no offense meant, need to make point)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matto Tradagen[/i]
[B]Yes, I have laughed at few racist jokes. Hasn't everyone at one point? I laughed because it was just a joke someone was telling.
[/B] [/QUOTE]
Er...yeah I laughed a very fake laugh, then slapped the person who told the joke upside the head...That a bad thing?

Ah, the questions that follow racism are so many. Earlier I had asked if I hated racist people was I showing racism to them, but when I looked at some of the post, people would say that they disliked SOME of those people. I personally believe that any kind of hate towards any other being on this earth is racism. Some may call it prejudice, but aren't prejudice and racism closely related?
If you do not like someone, what is it about them you do not like? Voice, attitude, some kind of look? If you answered that question, would you not be racist against people with the problem you have with just one particular discomfort with? Six billion people are out there, all different, yet all the same. Hating at least one other person in this world, yet having no action against them. How many people hate Bush? Or Sadaam Hussein? Or Al Queida? There is nothing wrong with hate. Humans live by hate and greed and pride. Without hate in the world, there would be no love, or we would not be able to distinguish what love was. So, six billion racist people are out there. I am not accusing anyone of racism, but you have to be able to think of at least one person you dislike. Me? Racist people who express it. I am racist against them. I do not hate them really, more like they...[i]annoy[/i] me, for lack of a better term. I think any and everyone has the right to hate, but would the world not be a better place if you kept it to yourself?
Thus we have gone in a circle.
>sings< "The road goes ever on and on..."

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson]O_o;;;; Does that count? >.> Do you noramlly speak like that?
Oh well, I forgot something and convienently a post popped up.

Justin, what you said, I completely agree. I passed a house today that had the words "God Bless America" in Christmas lights on the front lawn. I started ranting and raving to myself about how sick I was of the patriotism Americans [i]suddenly[/i] had AFTER sept. 11th. I am thoroughly fed up with America as it is. I can't even say the flag salute, it's like brainwashing. The worst line of the whole thing is "One nation under God", isn't there more than one nation in this world? I don't want to turn this into a religious talk, but this whole America and God relationship does not work out in my mind. I believe God does not control fate, just watches it. I do believe it's high time American pulled its head from its a** and stopped with the arrogance prance. Argh! >tears out hair from seeing that sign again<

~Lumi >_<[/color]

[color=navy][i] Ok Lumi, So if I hate one person in the world, I am a racist? Somehow I don't think so. I think you're missing the definition of racism entirely. Lets have a look at it:

Main Entry: rac·ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
Date: 1936
A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

I don't see how hating an individual person is racism. Even if there is more than one of them, or a so called 'group'. It has nothing to do with race.
For example, I hate this kid I know who enjoys throwing perishable food items at people's houses, including mine. I am a racist because of that? Last time I checked, "Eggthrower" wasn't a race.
Racism is based on hatred toward a racial group, not the indiviudal actions of a person.
~Matto[/color][/i]

[color=crimson]It's not hating an individual person. Think about the person. What is it you do not like about them? Have you ever met someone else that had that same problem that you disliked? Maybe it's unintentional. Like earlier in this thread someone had mentioned that they did not like some black people because they were loud. But, the same person had no mention of anything else they did not like about the people. Would that not make them racist toward loud people? Or people who maybe(in the person's opinion) over-express themselves?
Ok, maybe I think too much on the subject. Don't get offended or anything. My comments in this thread are to get people to think, not upset. >feels bad<

>sighs< I dug a hole by ranting...fun fun...you could have just ignored me, it's what everyone does... >.>

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Luminaire [/i]
[B]I passed a house today that had the words "God Bless America" in Christmas lights on the front lawn. I started ranting and raving to myself about how sick I was of the patriotism Americans [i]suddenly[/i] had AFTER sept. 11th. I am thoroughly fed up with America as it is. I can't even say the flag salute, it's like brainwashing. [/B][/QUOTE]

People [i]suddenly[/i] became patriotic because they had to be. We needed to come together as a nation after 9/11. We needed unity and patriotism if we were to recover successfully.

If you're so sick of America then leave. If you can't appreciate the freedoms you experience here, then just leave. You don't really deserve them.

[color=crimson]I have thought more than once about leaving. But, being 15 and still under the rule of my parents, I wouldn't get very far. I would like to be in France, but nope, no passport.
I don't like to argue so, whatever. Tough crowd, ne?
I have a weird question though which is a bit off topic. >.> Is suicide legal? Cause if murder is illegal, isn't suicide sorta related?

Bleh, I wish I was still invisible on this board. v_v

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

[B][color=crimson]I have thought more than once about leaving. But, being 15 and still under the rule of my parents, I wouldn't get very far. I would like to be in France, but nope, no passport.
I don't like to argue so, whatever. Tough crowd, ne?
I have a weird question though which is a bit off topic. >.> Is suicide legal? Cause if murder is illegal, isn't suicide sorta related?

Bleh, I wish I was still invisible on this board. v_v

~Lumi ^_^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=navy][i] That question would make a pretty good thread by itself. Maybe you should make on instead of posting it here?
But anyway, i'll give my simple thought on the subject here. I may as well as long as it's around, eh?
No, suicide is not illegal. It can't be. You can't press charges on someone who's dead.
~Matto[/color][/i]

[B]

Justin, what you said, I completely agree. I passed a house today that had the words "God Bless America" in Christmas lights on the front lawn. I started ranting and raving to myself about how sick I was of the patriotism Americans [i]suddenly[/i] had AFTER sept. 11th. I am thoroughly fed up with America as it is. [/b][/quote]
You should've been ranting about how stupid these people are to have christmas lights out in August.

[quote]I can't even say the flag salute, it's like brainwashing. The worst line of the whole thing is "One nation under God", isn't there more than one nation in this world?[/quote]
If you never noticed, the USA is one nation.

[quote]But, being 15 ,I would like to be in France[/quote]
Traitor.

Also yes suicide is technically illegal, but they can't prosecute you beyond the grave and you'd be going to a mental institution anyway if the police stopped you so no one gets charged.

[B]I would like to be in France, but nope, no passport.[/B][/QUOTE]

Are you aware that France does not allow their citizens to have high speed internet? They're restricted to using slow and annoying dial-up modems. I dunno what you're using now, but if you're on DSL or cable or anything, I can assure you you'd be annoyed very quickly.

I know this to be true as of a few months ago; perhaps the laws there have changed, I'm not sure.

I love the U.S. I guess I'm not racist, I'm just prejudice. Against loud, irritating people. I dislike the french because they dislike us, and our Military could pound them into the ground, so I don't see why the keep on ranting about how bad we are.

[B]I love the U.S. I guess I'm not racist, I'm just prejudice. Against loud, irritating people. I dislike the french because they dislike us, and our Military could pound them into the ground, so I don't see why the keep on ranting about how bad we are. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]So you dislike the French because they hate you and your nation's military could destroy them?

o_O;;

Have you ever [i]been[/i] to France? Do you know anything [i]about[/i] French people in general? Probably not, I'd wager.

I've never been to France either, so I'm not trying to get on some high horse with that. What I'm saying, however, is that once again, generalizations will not do you or me any favors.

You might be surprised to know that there are quite a few French people who actually like the United States. But because you only hear about the "America haters" on some silly news snippet, you automatically "hate France". That is nothing if not nonsensical.

Believe me, I'm not trying to defend those who hate America for being "Imperialist" (those people probably don't even know what Imperialist means), I'm just saying that, as with all things, there is usually more than one side. And there's usually a whole lot of grey between the black and white.[/color]

[color=#9933ff][font=comic sans ms]I'm not trying to yell at you either (er.. I hope you know I'm not), Lumi, but honestly, if you didn't want anyone to talk about what you said, than you shouldn't say it. I know you hate confrontations, so if you know there's a possibility of being one, than don't say anything. And don't you dare do what you talked about.

I agree with wrist cutter on how we needed to come together after 9/11, to get through it all together.

And France, in my personal opinion isn't so great. I don't see the point with being friends with a country that thinks they're better than you, and the government is just one of those "fair weather friends". Who need people like that? London is better. Besides, Ger lives in London. ^_^ Okay, OKAY, I get your point. Stop glaring!!! *shuts up* :X[/font][/color]

[B] I dislike the french because they dislike us [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Beg your pardon?

Tell me, do you follow that logical path with every such scenario of someone dislikeing something/someone you like? Or perhaps something that's personal to you?

I'd hope not.

The French as a whole do not hate America as James stated. The difference of opinon does not, or ever should, give either nation [or anyone] the right to arrogance or bigotry- excuses do not take away from the foolishness of that.

Racism is silly, sort of like feminists.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Well, the world isn't going anywhere. Acceptance of different races, beliefs and sexual preference is more apparent now than it was, say... 40 years ago.

Racism stems from an uneducated community. It will always be present, as there will always be stupid, unintelligent individuals. In fact, they occupy the majority of the population. The only thing people are left to do is ignore them and not take everything seriously. I'm Latin (Though don't look it), for example, and any Latin-discriminating/derogatory comment I hear won't offend me. There are two types of stupid people: Those who dish out the idiotic, loathing comments; and those who take them to heart and/or question their own self-worth by them.

Oh, and this post was meant for a closed topic, so sorry if I'm a bit in the middle here. [font=verdana]^_^[/font][/color][/font]

What is the deal with racism? I mean so many people call others gay, quere (sorry bad at spelling) or even people who are black. I mean what's this world coming to? I know that racism is dying a little but there are so many people out there still being childish. I for one am not Racist I see everyone as an equal and I am very happy to see that Transtic Nerve is happy to be who he is. (I mean in no way to offend you at all) I really hate Racism. How about you? what are your thoughts on rasicm?

My god people. Enough with this thread, you are just taking it back to the beggining you two. Read through the whole thread, and you'll realize how redudnant you sound.

Listen, the fact is Racism is around and it will be always around, just like any other form of prejudice. The only difference is that Anti-Racist activists or merely children being fed the regurgitated rhetoric of their 8th grade history teachers, feel that we need to bring up the topic whenever necessary. Anti-racists have exploited their "righteous cause" far too much to be righteous any more, look at Affirmative action!

We seriously need to stop calling people's opinions ignorant. I live about 10 minutes away from an almost entirely black community. Crime and drugs are horrible there. If you are white, and you drive down the street, there is a good chance you will get the **** kicked out of you. How do I know this? I've seen it happen. I don't like the neighborhood because of black people, nor am I exploiting a sterotype that they aren't RESPONSIBLE for. I have black friends, too. The fact is, factors like this influence people's opinions. I think the minorities should actually pull their groups together to help encourage the ADVANCEMENT of neighborhoods like these, encourage HELPING these people. Too often, however, orginizations have fallen into pointing fingers at the white populations, and the orginization leaders are capitalizing on the sucess of such fervor. No, capitilizing isnt the right word, they are taking ADVANTAGE of their own PEOPLE. Al Sharpton anyone?

I think minorities and anti-racists are just as bad with the topic of racism because of the constant attention they bring upon it. Legislatively people are equal, and too often do people fall upon "racism" as a saftey-net excuse in order to gain a means. Refer to some earlier comments on the thread for elaboration.

As for Gay people, well, I don't agree with their choice of lifestlye. Yes, their choice. I don't think it should be legal, but that is for my own moral, ethical, and intellectual reasoning. What is the difference between being racist, and prejudice against Gays? Well, being gay is a choice. People aren't born gay, and it is something they can change if they want. What will I do about it? Well , I'll vote. That's all I want to do, and that's ok. I don't expect to change their opinions any more than a racists. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, so I'll save more for later.

And well the world, let's not look at it in respects of what it's "coming to", as much as what it has "become". We live in a world created through sinners, everyone sins, some people relish in it. Why do we sin? Free will. Whether you believe in God or not, you must belive in free will. We've seen the desensetisation of an entire generation, society in the US and several other countries is either hyper liberal, or extremely self-indulgent. People are out for themselves, and not the fellow man. Values like integrity , honesty, and sincerity are extremely difficult to find. I, personally, belive the world will come to a final apocolyptic end as said in Revelations. I belive God will finally end the world, our time is almost up. Soon.

Here, let me put it simply for some of you.

There is no such thing as a "race" when pertaining to humans. Im a "white" boy. If I go out and get a tan, does that turn me into a hispanic? pfft! at all of those who are racist.

The truth of the matter, of there not being "Races" in the human species, is a "black" guy and a "white" girl can have a child. Or vice-versa, or any sort of combination. That is enough evidence for me and for any one else.

For example, a "race" that cant mix. Dolphin and a cat. No babies there.

~Plo

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PloKoonDS [/i]
[B]Here, let me put it simply for some of you.

There is no such thing as a "race" when pertaining to humans. Im a "white" boy. If I go out and get a tan, does that turn me into a hispanic? pfft! at all of those who are racist.

The truth of the matter, of there not being "Races" in the human species, is a "black" guy and a "white" girl can have a child. Or vice-versa, or any sort of combination. That is enough evidence for me and for any one else.

For example, a "race" that cant mix. Dolphin and a cat. No babies there.

~Plo [/B][/QUOTE]
------------
Race ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rs)
n.
A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
A genealogical line; a lineage.
Humans considered as a group.
Biology.
An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.
-------------------

You seem to be confusing "race" with "species". We are all the same species, but our geographical heritage may be different. Cats and dolphins aren't the same race. It's actually fairly common place to enjoy your racial heritage.

As for tanning, well while you may look a bit more hispanic, that is not your natural skin tone, nor your natural facial structure, body structure, heritage, language, etc. Whatever distinguishes you as being related to, or from that region.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth [/i]
[B]My god people. Enough with this thread, you are just taking it back to the beggining you two. Read through the whole thread, and you'll realize how redudnant you sound.

Listen, the fact is Racism is around and it will be always around, just like any other form of prejudice. The only difference is that Anti-Racist activists or merely children being fed the regurgitated rhetoric of their 8th grade history teachers, feel that we need to bring up the topic whenever necessary. Anti-racists have exploited their "righteous cause" far too much to be righteous any more, look at Affirmative action![/B][/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. Yes, racism is bad, yes we are equal, yes, we've covered this. Not to sound like an *** or say this is irrelevant or anything, but it is a bit tiresome. I don't quite agree with you're views on Homosexuality, but like you said, we each have our own thoughts and opinions. Your intelligence has once again impressed me. Bravo.

[QUOTE][B] I, personally, belive the world will come to a final apocolyptic end as said in Revelations. I belive God will finally end the world, our time is almost up. Soon. [/B][/QUOTE]

Except for this part. Geez, scare the crap outta me, why don't ya? :P Lol.

Guest Magdalena
I was at work yesterday, on register 1, which is Express. A Puerto Rican guy comes, and I scan in his order. He pays for it, and he begins to pick up his bags. Normal.

Until the next customer.

I scan his order, bagging it in the process. The PR guy, accidentally picks up one of his bags, and realizes it isn't his. He puts it down. I finish scanning the 8 items or so, and bagging them, when the guy goes..

"Did that guy just touch my bag?"

Thinking nothing of it, I say yes, but he put it back, nothing was stolen, everything is ok. He then shocks me, saying he doesn't want it. So I was like I can rebag it if you want, and he persists. So I void out the bread... Then he's like I want none of it. So I had to cancel the whole order.

Now the guy only touched one bag, not all 3, and I was confused as to why the guy was being so paranoid about it.

Figured it out right after the guy ran off, without any of the groceries he needed.

He was rascist.

Even in this day and age, and I was shocked. I had no idea how to react, and I didn't understand what was going on at first, because racism isn't really common anymore.

But the fact one guy touched one bag, not even the groceries, and the whole order had to be cancelled, just angered me. It's just a horrible reminder that people are still as ignorant as ever.

Sadly, it may not be as prominent, but still as common. Blacks against whites, whites against the world, Asians versus Puerto Ricans, I never really paid attention to the blantant racism, even in my own city. Sure I knew it was there, but I never really looked at it.

Maybe, I'm the one who is ignorant, because I never noticed. But I'd rather have that type of ignorance than anything else.

That experience had opened up my eyes, and I began to look for instances of racism and I found so many, just today.

1) On a crowded bus, a black person refused to sit next to an asian, even though there was 3 empty seats near him. The guy chose to stand.

2)At the store, owned by Mexicans, I got charged more for the same soda as the PR girl behind me.

3) I've heard 4 rascist jokes today

4) I was admiring someone's car, which has the price tag of about 30,000. It belonged to an asian, and my friend goes, whoever bought that car should have had an alarm on it.

Things like that, and it's rather shocking. This is all too common, yet we try and say everything is fair and equal. This needs to be stopped.

Nothing productive can really result from a conversation as racism. It's like a means without an end, for the end is purely utopian and unattainable, despite how sad that may sound. I do encourage you to see the earlier thread, a few prolific examples and persepctives , including my own. Noticing racism, identifying racism, acussing racism doesn't do a thing. Despite everyone's best efforts, if someone is racist, they have a right to be so.. they just cannot infringe upon another's rights. Everyone is prejudice in some way or another... nuff said.