OtakuBoards

Racism

Celia

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Die Krähe [/i]
[B]Okay...I'm not going to bother reading everyone's post. Red. I don't like most blacks because of how they act. I already told you that. I don't like chinese because they seperate themselves (same with the blacks). Jews killed my Christ. Communism would work if people were perfect, but people AREN'T perfect. So, therefore, it doesn't work. You, Red, are truly the less intelligent of the 2 in this argument because while I'll give a reason as to why I dislike blacks, chinese, communists, jews, YOU will not give a good reason as to why you hate ALL racists no matter how nice they are. I'm rather nice. And I don't hate ALL blacks, chinese, communists, and jews. I already told you that. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]This post just typifies the ignorance that exists in most of your posts.

And remember, you're still double posting. Don't do it. If you continue to break the rules, I will ban you.

In terms of your posts...I can only say that your reasoning for being racist is definitely based on ignorance. Once again, racism is a result of ignorance. The two are invariably tied together.

Jews killed your Christ, huh? So that means you hate all Jews forever? Surely you're at least intelligent enough to see the sheer stupidity in that statement.

I mean, if I come across a woman in the street who is rude to me, do I then say "I hate all women?" No. Of course not. There's absolutely no logic there. And moreover, it doesn't give individuals a chance -- you pre-judge everyone based on their race, rather than on their character.

Red hates racists probably because he also detests ignorance. I can see where he's coming from.

In addition, you say that you don't hate [i]all[/i] members of those races. The problem is that you're thinking in two dimensional terms. There's no room for a grey area in what you're saying.

If a group of black people bother you, then you might dislike that specific group. But why does that equate to a dislike for the entire race? And what makes you think that the person's race affects their behavior negatively?

Race plays no role in that. It's not a question of your skin colour or nationality, it's a question of your upbringing more than anything else.

I've met some horribly nasty asians and I've met some very pleasant asians. Do I then label myself as racist? No. Someone's race isn't the deciding factor in whether or not I like them -- their behavior decides that.

What you've done, is make a blanket assumption about a group of people based on their colour and not their behavior. You need to consider that it's the behavior in the individuals that you dislike -- not their race.[/color]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[B]Why...why are you all anti-racist? Is it perhaps you don't understand where some of them are coming from?[/b][/quote]

Ahahaha poor little racists, I mean what did they do wrong?

[quote] because unlike most of the other mexicans and black people, they don't act racist.[/quote]
Wow the pure hypocracy in this comment was just too funny

[quote][b] Hating someone because of their skin color isn't wrong[/B][/QUOTE]

This has to be a gimmick account, it just has to.

[quote]Jews killed my Christ[/quote]
Jews have never had any power ever. They aren't even mention in Roman texts or statues besides one that shows a manorah falling out of a looting sack.

[color=deeppink]Reading James' post made me think of something, and it may be a moot statement, but I thought I'd post it anyway :whoops:

Around where I'm from, a lot of Arabs own gas stations. They have the whole system figured out and are extremely clever in how they run their businesses. What many of them do [this is such good thinking on their part] is buy a gas station, own it for three years before the taxes kick in, then sell it to another branch of their family. Then the process starts all over again, and the business stays within the blood relations. I think it's a super awesome, simple idea.

But anyway, I [i]always[/i] get hit on by the Arabs who work at the gas stations. They're often older, 30s or 40s, but boy do they love to ogle and compliment. Is this because some people mistake me for being Middle Eastern, or is it simply because Arabs are more vocal about things that visually please them than other nationalities? Is THAT a stereotype, that all Arab men cat call girls? Or is it something that has been borne out of truth, therefore making it a truth and not a stereotype at all?

Doesn't anyone see where I'm trying to get with this? Argh.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]

Around where I'm from, a lot of Arabs own gas stations. They have the whole system figured out and are extremely clever in how they run their businesses. What many of them do [this is such good thinking on their part] is buy a gas station, own it for three years before the taxes kick in, then sell it to another branch of their family. Then the process starts all over again, and the business stays within the blood relations. I think it's a super awesome, simple idea.

But anyway, I [i]always[/i] get hit on by the Arabs who work at the gas stations. They're often older, 30s or 40s, but boy do they love to ogle and compliment. Is this because some people mistake me for being Middle Eastern, or is it simply because Arabs are more vocal about things that visually please them than other nationalities? Is THAT a stereotype, that all Arab men cat call girls? Or is it something that has been borne out of truth, therefore making it a truth and not a stereotype at all?

Doesn't anyone see where I'm trying to get with this? Argh.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] You're trying to insuate all arabs oogle at girls. That's the gist I got from it. Maybe they're hitting on you cause you're... *gasp* hot? Some people just aren't as timid about it.

Guest Fiasco
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]I agree with you on that one, but none of my freind who are black or even live in my immediate 100 Miles are like that. And i live near a really big city, so you can't really say that. I meen, why do you have to be aggrivated at blacks? Has one ever confronted you with that sort of thing? And if they have, why don't you just say, "Its not like you were the slave, so shut the **** up about it and get on with your life!" or something along those lines. YOu don't have to be racist, just prove them wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it's not the only reason why I'm the way I am. Secondly because I'm not talking about all blacks. Just the niggers. The ones who think they are a "gangsta" or whatever, I hate it. And they mess with stuff and it ticks me off. And when I start something with them, they won't fight me for two reasons. One, I've got my crew with me, two, we are stronger then them. And even if they pulled a gun or something on us, we have...We just don't show. :) So there.

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fiasco [/i]
[B]Well, it's not the only reason why I'm the way I am. Secondly because I'm not talking about all blacks. Just the niggers. The ones who think they are a "gangsta" or whatever, I hate it. And they mess with stuff and it ticks me off. And when I start something with them, they won't fight me for two reasons. One, I've got my crew with me, two, we are stronger then them. And even if they pulled a gun or something on us, we have...We just don't show. :) So there. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ouch. If I don't remember correctly, the N-word [ha! The N-word...] you said is very offensive and just bad. ::frowns:: I suggest you don't use it....

I know that some whites try to 'become black' and join gansters. It happens everywhere.[/size]

Well, why don't you just tell them, "If your so tough and what not, fight me by yourself. With your fists. With out guns. THats what i thought, cuz you can't fight." Kinda like that. They will shut up. Mu freinds are like that to, but we don't jump in during fihgts, we jsut take down the guys that do. Beleive it or not, my freinds have an honor system.

You should never say the "n-word", do you know how much hate there is in that one word. There's a past to that word that you prolly don't know....(*will not go into history lesson)

Anyways the "gansta" people are all talk, and just avoid them. Don't start something that you'll regret. And if you do fight them, make sure you got the element of surprise.

Good luck......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morinaka [/i]
[B]I personally don't hate racists, i feel sorry for them.
Racism is basically reinforced (sp?) stereotypes.
Anyone smart enough should see right through them and laugh at the people stupid enough to believe in them. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be offensive but i would like to bring into the light that Sterotypes are here for a reason. It's not like the white community just "assumed" black gangs commited crime as "gangstas". It's not like mexicans havent immigrated illegally, sometimes carrying drugs with them. Sterotypes only come around when there's enough evidence to create one. I'm sorry man, you cant "look through" steryotypes all the time.

Everyone has a different situation, granted, but I would dare you to go up to a gangsta in the middle of his group and say, "I know you are just a sterotyped normal black guy who doesn't really want to be subverted to the sociatal role of 'gangsta', right?". Caps will be popped, asses and egos will have 9mm buds of joy to help realign that person's opinions.

This is just another opinion that has no real basis, but is founded on the ferverent reaction the opinion itself creates.

Racism is [u]stupid[/u]. It shouldn't even be called "racism" because we are all human beings and we are the same RACE.

Racist people are the lowest form of life. They belong in hell.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by THx11 [/i]
[B]Racism is [u]stupid[/u]. It shouldn't even be called "racism" because we are all human beings and we are the same RACE.

Racist people are the lowest form of life. They belong in hell. [/B][/QUOTE]

Let's see...by saying this, you are being prejudice. I mean, not only are you saying that we are totally wrong which is our OPINION, therefore it cannot be wrong, but you are also saying that we should be treated differently just because of what we believe. Thank you Mr. Racist, I think I've made my point, but I will go on to clarify just how stupid you are.

In your second Paragraph, you go on to say that "Racist People are the lowest form of life", while in your first paragraph you said that we are all the same race. Therefore...how much sense do you expect us to make from that? And thanks anyways bud, but I am a Christian. It's those that do something about their racism that belong in hell. I've never touched a black person, nor have I touched a white, an asian, a latino, etc, etc. I don't plan on hurting anybody ever. I just prefer not to be friends with people who aren't into the same stuff that I am.

Moving along, it's not the White Supremacists themselves who cause racism. It's how the race acts. Me and one of my racist friends just had a conversation at lunch. We both agree that the only blacks that we dislike are the ones that act like the N word. They severely irritate me. They're loud, obnoxious and treat girls like trash.

I agree with slavery, but that is not what the Confederate States of America stood for. The CSA stood for freedom and states rights. The US were being a bunch of jerks, so S. Carolina seceded from the Union, which it had a RIGHT to do. Back to slavery, I don't see anything wrong with enslaving someone. I mean, the conditions here were much better than in Africa (and they still are). You get housing, clothing, and food here, while there you get AIDS, Malaria, and many other diseases, in addition to little food.

Here's what I believe. The first generation of an immigrant family that moves there should be forced into slavery. Then, since their children are born into the US, they are born free. That is a very fair price to pay in order to live free. God Bless America, where people can't be punished for their beliefs.

yeah you guys are right and i sometimes find it funny... but when it comes to a point when it hurts others i get mad at my self. but i geuss this is what makes the world go round right? but i tend to say to my self ,"what i would do if i was in that person's shoes?"
well i'll think i can't do anything but be my self and chile out because that is what the other person wants you to do is get mad.

and that is all i wanted to say^ ^-

I get what your saying Drix but what i'm trying to say is that if peeple stopped trying to fit other people into catergories and stereotypes then racism and biggotry wouldn't be as previlant (sp?) as it is.

The biggest stereotype here in england at the moment is the immigrant (called asylum seekers here) one.
Just because a dozen immigrant's happened to be illegal and claiming benefits all the perfectly legal migrants who work to pay the bills are seen as illegal.

This stereotype has caused all sorts of problems in towns and communities in england. Even huge violent riots and murders in some places.
The ignorance and stupidity of people not willing to look beyond it caused problems.

That's my opinion and your welcome to challenge it :)

So your saying you think your ancestors should've been slaves? And that people who come over to the United States, or any other coutry that is not their own, whould be forced into painstaking 18-hours a day labor, and be suscept to whippings, beatings, and rape, all because of their origin, which can't be helped? And what about people who are born in the US? Should they have to pay a lifetime of this for freedom for not themselves, but children which they haven't had yet?

There are still illegally smuggled shildren who go through that today, and you think that everyone should have to do that? Every single soul in the United States, and all other countries except for the few where life was suspected to have begun, has ancestors who migrated at one point.That means that almost everyone in the world would become slaves until they had children.

Wow, looking back on this post, it looks very rushed and stuff... Because I was just furious at this idea.... Sorry if it's a bit confusing..

I was watching Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn and Colin and Greg Giraldo were in a segment in which they were responding to hate posts against them on the Tough Crowd message boards. The post that pertained to Greg called him a sellout to the Mexican/Latino community (or something like that - it's been a while since I saw that episode) and that he's just another Mexican acting white.

Greg's response was simply that many groups denounce stereotypes, but then get all pissy and call people sellouts when they don't fit the stereotype.

I'm half-Mexican and I have a lot of Mexican friends. However, I don't really fall into the "Mexican stereotype" (even though I sort of look the part). I'm not an idiot, I don't speak with a thick accent, and I'm not a lazy gangbanger.

I have a lot of interests that many people wouldn't see as "Mexican." A lot of my friends listen to rap and shake their heads when I tell them I listen to bands like Nirvana or Soundgarden. My friends play basketball, while I play Tennis. My friends read when they're forced to, while I read pretty much every day. A few of my friends see this as "white behavior" (which is pretty ironic, seeing as I'm half-white anyway).

My point is that a lot of the people who point the finger and complain about prejudice are pretty prejudiced themselves. I don't go around proclaiming myself as an example for all to follow; I have my prejudices just like anyone else does. However, I think it's pretty stupid for certain people to complain about racism and then turn around and be racist themselves. Pretty hypocritical I'd say.

But that's just the way the world is sometimes.

[B]Let's see...by saying this, you are being prejudice. I mean, not only are you saying that we are totally wrong which is our OPINION, therefore it cannot be wrong, but you are also saying that we should be treated differently just because of what we believe. Thank you Mr. Racist, I think I've made my point, but I will go on to clarify just how stupid you are.[/b][/quote]
He's not a racist genius.

[quote] I just prefer not to be friends with people who aren't into the same stuff that I am.[/quote]
What does that have to you being racist again?

[quote] Moving along, it's not the White Supremacists themselves who cause racism. It's how the race acts. Me and one of my racist friends just had a conversation at lunch. We both agree that the only blacks that we dislike are the ones that act like the N word. They severely irritate me. They're loud, obnoxious and treat girls like trash.[/quote]
Just shoot yourself. It'll be easier on everyone.

[quote] I agree with slavery, but that is not what the Confederate States of America stood for. The CSA stood for freedom and states rights. The US were being a bunch of jerks, so S. Carolina seceded from the Union, which it had a RIGHT to do. Back to slavery, I don't see anything wrong with enslaving someone. I mean, the conditions here were much better than in Africa (and they still are). You get housing, clothing, and food here, while there you get AIDS, Malaria, and many other diseases, in addition to little food. [/quote]
First of all it's true that the CSA wasn't completely because of slavery, but it mainly was. The US wasn't a bunch of jerks, the south just cried like little women like they have been for years before. As for this "I don't think enslaving people is wrong" just shoot yourself.

[quote][b] God Bless America, where people can't be punished for their beliefs. [/B][/QUOTE] But can be for not being born there.

I admit that their have been some racist jokes that have been funny and I laughed at them because I didn't take them seriousely. Their was however one that wasn't funny at all and I absolutely hated it.

It goes like this," What is the difference between a pizza and a jew? Answer: A pizza doesn't scream when you put it in the oven." The person who told me this joke said to every one who was there telling racist jokes, that they had learned from their gandparents, that he knew a joke that wasn't funny.

I was their listening to the jokes and laughing every now and then at some of the stupid ones when he told the joke. Afterwards he told us that his grandfather hates jews and told him the joke. No one laughed at it.:(

I hope God doesn't bless America, but instead shows it His wrath for a time. It's what we need.

Slavery is not OK, and the fact that you say so and then ask anything of the Lord makes me sick, honestly. The fact that you claim Christianity makes me laugh.

God created all equal, and if you would read a Bible every now and again, you'd know it. You're not a Christian, and you're not going to Heaven until you start following Jesus's example. Loving any and all, no matter what.

I have no doubt you believe the Word of God, but it is clear you're ignorant of it. Jesus said that the greatest commandment was to "Love one another." And 'one another' means everyone. Open your eyes, turn from your sin, and be saved from this backards thinking in the name of Jesus.

God's Hand will not stay on this country much longer, as surely as I now breathe.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charlie Levoy [/i]
[B]I admit that their have been some racist jokes that have been funny and I laughed at them because I didn't take them seriousely. Their was however one that wasn't funny at all and I absolutely hated it.

It goes like this," What is the difference between a pizza and a jew? Answer: A pizza doesn't scream when you put it in the oven." The person who told me this joke said to every one who was there telling racist jokes, that they had learned from their gandparents, that he knew a joke that wasn't funny.

I was their listening to the jokes and laughing every now and then at some of the stupid ones when he told the joke. Afterwards he told us that his grandfather hates jews and told him the joke. No one laughed at it.:( [/B][/QUOTE] [color=navy][i] If I were you, i'd put the joke in spoiler tags..someone might find it offensive. Just my thought though.
Yes, I have laughed at few racist jokes. Hasn't everyone at one point? I laughed because it was just a joke someone was telling. They were silly and untrue.
The only ones that really bother me are ones that really deride a persons dignity and character, kind of like the one you posted. I mean, there are some silly ones around, that are just funny, but there are some really offensive ones.
You're always walking on touchy ground whenever you tell one, regardless..
~Matto[/color][/i]