OtakuBoards

Is it me or does school suck....

yogi bear

The title explains all my high school is like a prison there's nothing intresting or challenging to my standards. (which are pretty low) A perfect example we have teacher who gives out dention like candy for the most stupid things we can't do things like have our text books face down thats an automatic detntion, or we cant say the words lie, boy, girl, steal, or one of my 2 favorite words Shut up and that just one my classes.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]No it's just you. Everyone else finds school uplifting and very enjoyable. We also all love detentions, and personally you're the only one I've ever heard of that puts his books face down. [/B][/QUOTE] Haha, well, you can't blame Harry for that overly sarcastic post, since it was his 666th post. :eek:

School is supposed to suck, plain and simple. Things may not seem challenging to you because you are probably setting yourself up for a big fall later on. If you are just following procedure (in any class), eventually it will catch up to you and you will be screwed in the future. Try to pay more attention and fully grasp what is behind the methods and theories.

azurewolf is right you gotta actualy think in school unless you are a genious and can learn from short complicated explanations but not many people are like me so you gotta pay attention and try and out wit the teacher and that strict assed teacher deserves to be stabed to death in my opinion cause not allowing certain normal words to be said is called unlawful censoship which is illegal and you should go to your pricipal about the text book thing cause your teacher is obviously on a power trip and needs to be stoped. for me school is just blah cause its not hard and i dont learn from long explanations so it is bad for me to pay attention all the time so i doodle and design and hit on girls all class and do some work sometimes if theres nothing else to do.

and since this is my 69th post i feel obligated to say something stupid... i am the most prestigiogs panty theif in the world! oh and please queen asuka dont kill me for that.

School isn't supposed to suck. People with bad attitudes and nasty teachers make it so. But some advice... Don't buck the system, unless you [i]want[/i] to be crushed. And punished. [strike]By girls with leather whips[/strike].... Uuh, by teachers with detention. Go with the flow. Does it really matter? Don't make trouble for yourself- you will regret it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]School isn't supposed to suck. People with bad attitudes and nasty teachers make it so. But some advice... Don't buck the system, unless you [i]want[/i] to be crushed. And punished. [strike]By girls with leather whips[/strike].... Uuh, by teachers with detention. Go with the flow. Does it really matter? Don't make trouble for yourself- you will regret it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Its all so true too. I see people all the time who complain and whine about stupid things and those are the ones who are usually getting in trouble. No offense to anyone.

I, personally, like school. My classes arn't too bad, the teachers are nice, and do what I'm suppose to. High school are my best school years. ^_^ I hated school in Elementry and Middle school.

So as Baron Semedi said, just "go with the flow".

[quote]I totally agree. Its all so true too. I see people all the time who complain and whine about stupid things and those are the ones who are usually getting in trouble...[/quote]
[FONT=arial]exactly. most teachers wouldn't be so unbearable if some students would quit screwing around half as much. heh, there are a few teachers who'd still be just as bad anyway, but just do what you're supposed to do and you won't get called out. it's not that hard (or shouldn't be, anyway 0_o') to keep a book from being face down on your desk, is it? :rolleyes:

I hated middle school, too. that's when the 'cliques' start forming >.>' . at least in high school most people have grown up some and aren't [i]as[/i] judgemental about petty things. [/FONT]

My school sucks pretty bad. We even have a teacher with a sign over her door that has the circle with the line through it and inside the circle it says "Freshmen." I had to deal with her last year. Right now, my Lanquage Arts teacher is kinda whack- she gives out detos and suspentions every single day. It starting to get wierd.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]No it's just you. Everyone else finds school uplifting and very enjoyable. We also all love detentions, and personally you're the only one I've ever heard of that puts his books face down. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Harry, my Man, 666th post. Don't post again lol. I guess I would miss you, though. Mm.

Right now, at this time of 11:41 AM, on the Date of October 9th, 2003, I am sick of school and would rather be at home.[/size]

[color=deeppink]I both loved and hated my senior year of high school. I hated it because I just wanted to get out of high school where all of the underclassmen still carry on the stupid stereotypical high school exclusivity and righteousness. By the senior year, most people in my class had gotten over themselves. We were all so ready to leave.

So...my senior year was hard because I'm so squirmy, I can't sit still for a few hours, let alone a full school year. College is great though, it's so great compared to high school. Far more superior ^_~[/color]

Being a senior, I've realized that school isn't so bad. it gives you something to do, and you need it in order to succeed in life(as annoying as it is). Right now, my year is pretty easy, and most of my senior friends, like Jenna so nicely put it, got over themselves.

Yes, we like to walk through the halls, and kid around about being better than everybody else(all the juniors), but we know were kidding(....kind of).

Stick it out until your senior year, then realize how easy and fun life is.

I can't wait for college.........even if i do have to pay for it.

Actually I find that except for math and gym most of my classes are pretty interesting. I do hate school anyway though because of the fact that nearly all of my peers are complete (mules) and I occasionally get stuck with a teacher that can?t teach for his/her life (freshman Algebra comes to mind). I?m a sophomore by the way.

HAHHAHA...yeah, you really have a tough time in school...you really have a tough time with your teachers...

Wait till you have ME as your instructor. You think detention was bad? How about reading Beowulf in Old English? Or, perhaps...The Canterbury Tales in the original Middle English. You haven't had sadistic instructors until you have me. I'm the kind of teacher that students are either going to love or hate.

I'll force you to read Gilgamesh...out loud in front of the class.

Don't ***** and moan about high school instructors. They're ******* easy. College profs will rip you a new *******, much like I will do.

"Your *** is mine, Wangchung."

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]HAHHAHA...yeah, you really have a tough time in school...you really have a tough time with your teachers...

Wait till you have ME as your instructor. You think detention was bad? How about reading Beowulf in Old English? Or, perhaps...The Canterbury Tales in the original Middle English. You haven't had sadistic instructors until you have me. I'm the kind of teacher that students are either going to love or hate.

I'll force you to read Gilgamesh...out loud in front of the class.
." [/B][/QUOTE]

That probably wasn?t directed at me, at least not specifically but I did complain about teachers so here is what I say to you threats.

Sounds fun. Your reading the post of someone that read ahead when my class did "Romeo and Juliet" and understood most of it.

Wow.... am I the only one who enjoys school? Sure, it's not always easy, but the workload isn't half as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The majority of teenagers have a [i]terrible[/i] work ethic.

Even though I suck at math, I still enjoy the feeling I get when I finally understand how to do a certain problem. And I love English and science.

Sure, I'm not fond of waking up early. At the same time, most adults have to wake up at least as early, and they generally don't complain about it half as much as we do.

My school has a really relaxed social atmosphere, so there's no worrying about cliques or gangs or whatnot. Everyone just basically gets along. I guess I have it pretty good, ne?

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the The Boy [/i]
[B]That probably wasn?t directed at me, at least not specifically but I did complain about teachers so here is what I say to you threats.

Sounds fun. Your reading the post of someone that read ahead when my class did "Romeo and Juliet" and understood most of it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh wow. You're so advanced. Romeo And Juliet is quite possibly Shakespeare's most simple play out of the major ones read in school. Whether you interpret R&J as teen love gone wrong, or social commentary directed at paternal control, it's still Shakespeare's most basic idea.

Take a look at Macbeth. Or King Lear. Or Hamlet. Or Henry V. The Tempest.

R&J is child's play. But you can keep feeling so proud of yourself that you can understand it before the rest of your class. Good job. You can read and understand Shakespeare's most basic tragedy. OMG! Hmph.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]You can read and understand Shakespeare's most basic tragedy. OMG! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I had a tough time with [i]Romeo and Juliet[/i], but I found [i]Hamlet[/i] and [i]The Twelfth Night[/i] to be equally as challenging. I like to think that I have a semi-competent grasp on the English language, but Old English must be one of those things you either understand or don't. Congratulations, you seem to be on the winning end.

I don't know if anyone [i]really[/i] understands most Shakespear that they read without studying it for a long time. It takes someone who can unlock metaphors and riddles, it's not like everyday people can understand it at first glance. I'd be surprised if anyone [i]but[/i] Shakespearean scholars could fully and correctly interpret a cold reading of any of his works.

And then again, I could be very wrong. I'm just making observational assumptions ^_~[/color]