OtakuBoards

A serious question

Inuyasha Fandom

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]There has to be [I][B]something[/B][/I] that can keep you going! You can't say there isn't. Yes, I've felt like I have no point in life, but I do, everyone does! Don't be a no life, just live. Anything, anything can keep you going. There is no point in just... quiting life.
If you need something, join something, get a hobby. Start a club. Just do SOMETHING! You have to have family, friends, or just someone you care about. Trust me, you don't want to leave your love one's behind. Talk to them, be with them, do things with them. Don't let things go.
I'm sure you can find something to do with your life. Don't give it up so easily. Life [B]is[/B] worth living for. Don't doubt that.

Now, I'll tell you what keeps me going. My family, friends, activities, and well this place. Well I also keep myself going about thinking about my future, I would never give my future up.

Just don't give life up, I know, somtimes it feels like you have no perpose and there is no point... and it feels like you don't want to be here. I'm sure that you can find somthing to keep you going. Remember, we are all here for you.
I truly hope you will look at thing differently. ^_^

--Conna--[/COLOR][/SIZE]

you really should't kill yourself. i'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any one, but to disregard your life and throw everything away is the easy way out. live your life to the fullest, live the harder way. trust me though, i know exactly how you feel. i've been in quite similar situations, but i was always brave and took the harder ways. i don't really have anything to live for, but i still go for it. the only thing i may live for, is to see others be happy, and for the sake of my family. i don't have but one friend but i still live on. you should too. you only have one life and one chance to do all you want to do. you also seem to have enough trials that will only make you stronger if you are brave enough to live through them.

LIVE ON!!!!!!!

[color=002e55]I agree with what James said at the top of this page, but I guess I'm guilty of some of those things myself.

However, sometimes I just want to divulge how I feel to people outside of my life, but who are my friends. Prime example, those on the internet. When something bad happens in my life, it normally involves absolutely everyone in my life, and I have no one to fall back on.

I've felt suicidal in the past, heck I've even tried to kill myself, obviously failing - but when I look deep down I feel I had valid reasons at the time.. because then I didn't think anything was going to get better. If anything - my life has decided to fall downhill faster than ever, but I'm trying to sort it out instead of giving up.

James - and others - have mentioned to look at positives. There are times when a person can literally find absolutely nothing to keep them going; life feels like an old machine that needs oiling but will never receive it, and will only grind to a slow and painful halt as it fails in its working capacity.

I met someone a couple of months ago, who astonished me because she had kept going through years of hell, years of punishment and pain; yet there I was giving up. The thing is, to a person looking on the outside, it may seem like there are better things and positive things to look for, but for the person themselves it looks like there's nothing to live for. She had nothing, yet kept going in the vague hope things would look up. They are now for her, and I can see she's happy she didn't give up despite 16 years of crap being piled on top of her.

So I won't either.[/color]

r=green]My former post was poorly stated, I guess. I do not condone suicide on any level. I have been left behind to help my friend's mother plan her funeral after she did it. I agree, James, that most people who are actually at that brink are not going around saying, "I think I'll kill myself next week." That's not the way it works.

As to thinking it's "cool", this concept is rather ridiculous. Just think of the emotional anguish truly suicidal people feel and the anger and sadness felt by those left behind...There is nothing cool about these things. Life is not the movie "Heathers". Suicide with not get you a layout in the year book. It will make people who never cared about you before think they're sorry you're gone for a week, and it will make the people who actually care nonfunctional with grief and self- blame.

My statement before about the people who despise their existence, I see now is a little too encompassing. While I do not retract it, I would like to revise it...What I meant is this: If, as an outsider, watching someone spiral to this point...help make their life worth living. This sounds so trite and childish, and I feel stupid putting that, but it's not a concept that I am very articulate about, no matter how much time I think about it

I came to this conclusion during my period of grief dealing with a suicide... She felt there was nothing to live for, and in taking stock of her life, while I didn't agree, I could see why she felt that way. I hated her for it. I really did. The fact that I could almost empathize with her, not that I forgave her, even to this day. It didn't increase any respect I had for her, but it didn't lower my opinion on her either... [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]Why do you people keep on parading like around like suicide is cool? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Hahaha. Why is it cool to some people? It has an aura of mystery around it, something that cannot be cleared and seen in its pure form easily.

That is what makes it romantically allureing, poisonously seductive, to people.

Dunno if it is cool or not to me. It is more of a personal matter, I guess.
[/color]

[quote]you're only helping them do it by giving the the poor souls that can't handle their situation a way out and still feel like they won't be hated.[/quote]

[color=crimson]Maybe.

Hatred for suicides differs from person to person. I cannot confirm if it would exist or not in that situation, because I don't know the people the death would affect. It is highly probable that would be the intial, if not long lasting, emotion felt by the 'victims'.[/color]

[quote]My cousin killed himself and nobody at all thought of him as being strong willed or anything. [/quote]

[color=crimson]May your cousin rest in peace.[/color]

[quote]They all thought he was selfish because he was selfish.[/quote]

[color=crimson]Alright.[/color]

[quote]I don't see how you can't label someone selfish when they know they're taking themselves away from their loved ones.[/quote]

[color=crimson]It would depend on the emotional grief they experience when they think about that.

Some of them might be selfish.

Some of them not.[/color]

[quote]He's not really glorifying it, but he's basically defending their decision, and I think that's wrong.[/quote]

[color=crimson]Hehe. Then think of it as wrong. I don't need your acceptance of my opinons.

But, it was not a defense at all. Just a rejection of the stereotype that the subject of suicide brings of cowardly, selfish bastards looking for an 'easy' way out.

I offered him advice that would lead him off the path of dieing, self inflicted or from that 'other person'. I guess some people missed the other *two-thirds* of the post.

I suppose I sort of condone suicide. Eh.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]
But, it was not a defense at all. Just a rejection of the stereotype that the subject of suicide brings of cowardly, selfish bastards looking for an 'easy' way out.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Suicide is nevertheless a "way out". What does that mean?

If someone is unable to deal with issues in their life...they resort to suicide. People do it if they're trying to deal with extreme grief...they do it if they are highly depressed or mentally unstable...they do it to get revenge on someone...they do it to "escape" the troubles of life.

I don't know what other reasons exist. Suicide is always a "way out" of something. Do you see what I mean? Of course, it takes initial courage to do something violent to yourself...but even then, the "courage" is only present to allow you to cause temporary pain on your own body. Because of course, the assumption is that it will all be over...that you'll fall asleep and never wake up. So, of course it's an "easy way out" so to speak. It's easier than dealing with issues in one's life...it's easier than dealing with the loss of a very close loved one...it's easier than going through your day-to-day life, trying to improve your situation by other means.

I just can't see another way to define it. I don't mean to say that the motivation for suicide is always selfishness in and of itself. But, the act of suicide is a selfish act. Of course it is. Whether or not it's ever justified or whether or not the person committing suicide is actually in a lot of pain...I don't doubt any of these things. Every situation is different and I would never stereotype a group of people in some arbitrary way.

But you have to understand what I'm saying. I'm just trying to explain my thoughts a little better.

As far as suicide being cool...there are people who wear suicide and "attempted suicide" as a badge. Either it's to make them popular, to draw in sympathy for them or to make themselves look tough. And it's wrong; it's a complete mockery of people who really [i]do[/i] have serious troubles. People who talk constantly of suicide as though it's some cool/tough experience completely lose my respect. It's immature, naive and disrespectful of those with real problems.

I say that only to define the difference between truly suicidal people and those who are "kinda depressed and suffering other normal teenage traits" - one of which is some kind of fake obsession with death and suicide.

And, you know who these people are. I mean...you and I both have seen various threads where people are being all melodramatic about it. It's rubbish. I would [i]never[/i] wish that those people really go through the true pain of suicide.[/color]

Guest cloricus
[color=teal]Hey why don't we go and give crap to cripples? They are DAMN SELFISH don't you think? Can't stand it the way the parade around all the time... Selfish of them for not walking/hearing/seeing/moving isn?t it? No idea how society handles them?

People driven to Suicide have a problem, like every one else; just the problem is in their head and it some times ends in death. It is no different than say the afflictions of a cripple of some description, there appears to be no way out of their situation to them and in a lot of people that go all the way to others. "Cowards" is thrown around all the time to describe suicides because people around them cannot deal with the fact that they drove some one they know and love to kill themselves just for example the columbine massacres in America, it was every one else?s fault except for the people that run the system that brought them up and will continue to produce people that will do things like this until society is fixed. Though that isn?t going to happen any time soon so people need to deal with it better and ignorant people like some that have posted only make it worse. If you think some one is depressed drop the **** and talk to them, that?s all it takes to stop most of the ones that go all the way; some one to talk to. Or is that too hard?
[/color]
---
Don't mean to pick on your post James because it is your opinion but I wanted to make the link between illness and suicide, which is what it is.

I never said that i would commit suicide. That's not really an option for me...................... howerbver unfortunate that might be. And Animangademon, how can i care for anuyone if i don't even care for myself? Life has become empty. I want to find a reason to go on, and find a reason to have the gift(or curse) of life. My existence is meaningless. I've found only pain in this feeble world of ever-changing values, and i can't seem to look at my self in the mirror. I'm a bad person, but i am always trying to chase away my memeories and the pain. I don't drink, and i don't do drugs, so i deal with the pain all on my own. No one has any insight as to hoiw deep my wounds are, or how much they consume me. I'm always regreting something, brcause I've never been a good person. i want to know what keeps people going, because I can't find a reason myself. I'm too far lost inside my own head.

no ones life is meaningless. you know how many times people think about themselves as meaningless? i've don it plenty. i've only found pain too. i've been tortured and beaten till i thought the only thing left was pain. your not the only bad person, who chases away bad memories. look around you. there are more people like you than you realize. stand up, face the music,take the stance. your greatest gain, is getting over all youve suffered. the soul is dyed the color of its thoughts;think of what can bear the full light;the content of your caracter is your choice.

what keeps me going, is i that i know that i can survive even through all the bad times. i choose to live because i know at least one person cares deeply enough for me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i]
[B][color=green]Everyone keeps talking about suicide, but if I understand the original post, you are afraid of being murdered. This is rather distressing, really. I do not know you, but I am slightly frightened for you...

Things that keep me going?? There isn't much, really...except, what else do I have to do? If I get bored this easily during life, what does eternity hold for me? You may be a, "bad person" you may have hurt people...guess what, me too. I bet we swap trade some stories.... I bet a lot of people here have done things that have hurt someone, although I realize not to the extent that you are alluding to. My point is that this man is an immediate threat to your person, go away, now! Visit some relative on the opposite coast, drive off into the sunset. Are you really that apathetic about yourself and the people around you or the ones that care about you to not try and avoid this? That, my friend is blatant laziness. Not to mention, if he were to succede in this endeavor, you would be silenced, and perhaps he would go free and therefore he could hurt more people in the process. You are obviously not just protecting yourself in the long run. If court procedings are already started and you are obviously, by the post, important to the case, the police and the prosecuting attorney will try and give you protection, approach them about it.

Have I given you any food for thought? I hope so, because this is a really long post, and I don't want it to have no point...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

lifes a fricken grandfather clock...

you screamin' for attention....

[color=green]MarkM, do you mean me, or someone else? I am confused as to why you chose to quote that post of mine to make this point? If you're talking about me, I won't say you're wrong, I do enjoy attention, if you're not, I do share the opinion on a certain level.

Inuyasha Fandom, things to live for won't just come over and knock on your door. You have to make your life worth living. It's on your shoulders to enjoy things. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuyasha Fandom [/i]
[B]I never said that i would commit suicide. That's not really an option for me...................... howerbver unfortunate that might be. And Animangademon, how can i care for anuyone if i don't even care for myself? Life has become empty. I want to find a reason to go on, and find a reason to have the gift(or curse) of life. My existence is meaningless. I've found only pain in this feeble world of ever-changing values, and i can't seem to look at my self in the mirror. I'm a bad person, but i am always trying to chase away my memeories and the pain. I don't drink, and i don't do drugs, so i deal with the pain all on my own. No one has any insight as to hoiw deep my wounds are, or how much they consume me. I'm always regreting something, brcause I've never been a good person. i want to know what keeps people going, because I can't find a reason myself. I'm too far lost inside my own head. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Don't you DARE think you are the only bad person, the only person that has terrible pains. I have awful ones myself, like seeing people being shot in a store when I was seven. :flaming: It hurts, one of the people I cared about was hurt! And don't say that you don't care about yourself, or anyone else! You do deep down inside, you know you do. No one's life is meaningless. Don't start thinking suicide is your only option either. You just don't say those things.
You have to pick up your life and turn it around! Don't give us that bs, people care, and you should too. Please, don't give yourself up. I beg you.... we all do. And I am sorry for my rudness in my post, but I can't accept what you are saying. You came to us for help, we are giving it to you. Don't give yourself up. NEVER! You say you are such a bad person, but I bet you arn't. What I've heard, you arn't. There are awful people in this world, you arn't one of them.
Your family can keep you going, if all other things can't, they can. Don't say you don't care for them, because you do, I'm sure of it. If you think you can't or don't care for others, that is just sad.
I hope you think on this more, and think about what I am saying, what everyone is saying. Don't you dare give up your hope... or life.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Caring for yourself, Inuyasha Fandom, is harder than caring for others. Or atleast it should be, seeing your position. You sould be able to do it, and if you aren't, then you're forcing yourself not to. I agree with everyone. My friend told me I was being selfish when I explained my thoughts to him as well. If you remember your friends and family and try to imagine how sad they'd be, you won't be able to commit suicide. Trust me. The fact that you made this post is that, subconsiously, you don't want to commit suicide. Your telling us for support because you want to fight your mind with reasons not to do it. I know. I've had experience...

You've obviously got a functional brain, Inu, and perhaps you don't understand what a truly powerful thing it is. Nobody can change your attitude about life but yourself, and you must understand that. The hidden part in that last sentence is that you can change your attitude about life. Nothing within your own mind is possible, because where there is a will, there is a way. If you can't find a reason to live, make one up, hold onto it, and live by it. It's rather simple once you've done it once or twice. I recently had a huge infatuation with a girl. It got to the point that I could only be truly happy when she was around, and I was always unhappy when she wasn't. After reading a certain book, I realized that I can change my own ways of thinking, and so I did. I mentally forced myself away from her, shifted a lighter infatuation to someone else, and then modified the infatuation into a type of innocent love and respect. You have no greater influence over anything in this world than the influence you have over your own mind. Also, your mind is the most difficult thing for others to influence. Use it as you will, but know that it is completely under your control, and that control is limitless. Personally, I would rather you not get killed, though I don't know you or anything you've done. I can't change your mind, but I hope you realize that you can.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B][color=teal]Hey why don't we go and give crap to cripples? They are DAMN SELFISH don't you think? Can't stand it the way the parade around all the time... Selfish of them for not walking/hearing/seeing/moving isn?t it? No idea how society handles them?[/color][/quote][/b]

[color=#707875]Cloricus, Cloricus, Cloricus. Where do I even start?

Where in my post do I indicate some kind of stupid contempt for truly suicidal people, as your portrayal of my comments suggests?

Don't be so utterly blind next time you try to paint my comments in a particular way. This quote above has absolutely nothing to do with what I said...it doesn't even come close. It is, in fact, the opposite of much of my contention.

Note that I made specific and frequent [i]distinctions[/i] between "truly suicidal" and "fake suicidal" people. Oh, wait...no, you didn't bother with that. You skimmed and jumped at the chance to look intelligent, while "rebutting" me in some odd way.

Go and read my posts again. This is my vain attempt to get you to understand what I was saying.[/color][quote][b][color=teal]

People driven to Suicide have a problem, like every one else; just the problem is in their head and it some times ends in death. It is no different than say the afflictions of a cripple of some description, there appears to be no way out of their situation to them and in a lot of people that go all the way to others. "Cowards" is thrown around all the time to describe suicides because people around them cannot deal with the fact that they drove some one they know and love to kill themselves just for example the columbine massacres in America, it was every one else?s fault except for the people that run the system that brought them up and will continue to produce people that will do things like this until society is fixed. Though that isn?t going to happen any time soon so people need to deal with it better and ignorant people like some that have posted only make it worse. If you think some one is depressed drop the **** and talk to them, that?s all it takes to stop most of the ones that go all the way; some one to talk to. Or is that too hard?
[/color][/quote][/b]

[color=#707875]I guess you haven't read my previous posts (not in this thread) relating to the fact that suicide is often the result of mental illness.

I don't even want to do a line-by-line quote. This just...falls so very short of being any kind of critique of what I was saying.

Again, re-read my posts. Surely English isn't too difficult to understand.

I apologize in advance if my post sounds harsh. But I'm very tired of you, Cloricus. Either read my posts carefully and slowly next time and respond to them when you have understood, or, atlernatively, do not respond.[/color]

I hope that this can help you out... I can understand that you seem to be going through a rough time in your life. To the extent of that, I know not. We have all gone through difficulties in one way or another, and I'm sure that some have it worse than you do... you say you don't think that there's any reason to go on, that your existance is meanlingless? Let me tell you something that happened to me the other day: I am currently looking for a job, as many of my friends know. I was asking around, and someone said that the local pharmacy was hiring. No special skills required. Sounded good. Since I've been driving to school lately, I thought it would be a good idea to swing by after school and look into it, pick up an application and so forth. So I went, taking about 10 minutes to get there from school. The guy in charge was taking a phone call, and I had to wait 20 minutes. Then I went home, taking about another 20 minutes. I come home, and I found my mom crying. It hadn't occured to me to call you see, (yes I know that was dumb, and I know now to call next time I go anywhere... live and learn I guess..) She had called the school, to see if I was there. Of course I wasn't and apparantly the people in the office were afraid for me too, for they were combing the area looking for any car crashes. We live in a small, tight community... for the most part, people care for each other even if they're not related. So I came home and found that my mom was crying, because she thought I might be in a crash or something, and had the people at the school worried sick as well. All because I didn't make a phone call (which I have learned now, should my sis read this) I learned that had I actually been hurt, or dead even,.. I just think about how much pain it would have caused, and of how much the people around me do care, even if they don't show it. So, even if you don't think that there's any reason to go on, I assume that you are around the average age of people here (teens, maybe later teens for you).. just hold out a little longer. Be tenacious, resilient for the days that neither you nor I know of that will come... after all, nothing ever stays the same. Things will either get worse, or (hopefully) get better. Just look around, and see what you can do about changing your situation. People may think that they can't change anything, that it's all one big cattle line, in and out, all the time but I know from experience... take the initiative. LIVE..(or at least find a good reason to hang on..)

think about this inuyasha fandom, you have to make your own choices in life. no one can choose them for you. stand up for what you think. read what eveyone here is trying to tell you... you must make the choice yourself on what to do. all us here seem to be trying to help you, but you choose if you want to listen. there are a lot of people who are just like you. if you read the posts here, you'll find that out. life does have it ups and its downs, you have good times, and bad ones. no one ever said life was easy. [well maybe a few, but their nuts!!] listen to what your heart says, not your mind. in your heart you know you must live on. you will be afraid but you must get over that fear. one of the greates thing youll learn is that you are loved by many, cared for more than you believe so. that is one of my other reasons for living on. please make the choice to listen and comprehend what others are tring to teach you.

I have made my choices... and it is my eternal punishment to deal with them. My life, mny pain. I know what it is like to kill, and ejoy it. I know that no one has the right to take a life, but I have. What makes it so bad, is that it was a human life. Animals are just as bad, but it was a hujman being. A jackass, yes, but a human. I loved every minute of beating his sorry ***. But i didn't stop....... not even when he was unconcious. Something was not right with me.................... I will alway regret it...... maybe, my death is the only way to pay for that crime. But, I have desided something for myself.

I won't roll over and die. That isn't possible for me. I'm too stuborn.

"Daddy, what is irony?"
"When the same person who starts a thread is the very reason his own thread is closed"
"Thanks daddy!"

Listen, Inuyasha, it's obvious you arent listening to anyone's advice here, so the continuation of your histrionic blubbering is no longer worthy of active status. Best of luck to you, I'll now let you think about the MORE THAN GENEROUS amount of help that's been provided for you on a platinum platter.

Best of luck to you.