OtakuBoards

Makes scents

island gurl

No I'm not just a bad speller. I'm talking about scents-smells. What is your favourite smell? I like anything fruity. My fav perfume is Tommygirl summer cologne. Nice. At the moment i smell like raspberry and vanilla. I also like the smell of guys. Yes they have a certain smell. Dunno why...

My scenes of smell isn?t very good. But i would have to say the smell of this strawberry shampoo is most excellent. It doesn?t actually smell like strawberries. But the generic type of sent they made is very good. (I don?t have the shampoo any more, and i don?t recall the name brand.) :(

[color=#707875]Favourite scents? Hm...I don't really have any favourites in particular. Some perfumes and aftershaves are really nice though; except when people apply them so strongly that they nearly choke everybody. lol

I wear cologne and deoderant called "Joop!" They come in dark purple/red bottles. It's a really nice scent...probably the favourite of all the ones I've ever had. I also have a bodywash of the same scent.

But I guess there are lots of scents I like, whether it's the smell of freshly baked bread, or crisp/fresh air that you often get at the beach, or the smell of melted chocolate. It's all good. ~_^[/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I love the smell of vanilla. It's so relaxing and yet so exciting at the same time. There's something so romantic and passionate about that scent. I want my bedroom to be full of vanilla candles. Of course, I only have one right now and I almost burnt the entire thing last night. Oh well...

I also like this very strange wild-cherry smell. It's the scent of the Sonic the Hedgehog shampoo, if you ever had that.

And bananas is a good scent, too. My mousse smells like bananas, and I really like it. ^_^[/color][/size]

My favorite scents would be anything minty, or freshly cut grass. I like the smell of freshly cut grass for some reason, don't ask me why. :shrug: I could always put it down to reminding me of spring lol.

I like pine trees and Xmas Lilllie's, only because they remind me of Christmas. I prefer Christmas Lillie's over any other flower scent, I'm not much of a flower smeller usually. V_V

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]Favourite scents? Hm...I don't really have any favourites in particular. Some perfumes and aftershaves are really nice though; except when people apply them so strongly that they nearly choke everybody. lol

I wear cologne and deoderant called "Joop!" They come in dark purple/red bottles. It's a really nice scent...probably the favourite of all the ones I've ever had. I also have a bodywash of the same scent.

But I guess there are lots of scents I like, whether it's the smell of freshly baked bread, or crisp/fresh air that you often get at the beach, or the smell of melted chocolate. It's all good. ~_^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] For some reason I thought you were going to say Fortune Cookies. lol.

My favorite scent? Do you know the smell of autumn leaves, and all...yeah, that's what I like. I don't know. It's just a very scene-setting, crisp, hitting smell that just feels right. [/size]

gee, i would have to say i love the smell of the ocean, that clean crisp autumn smell there is outside at this time of year, and of rain (my favorite) ^-^...

oh, also i like lavander, plumeria, jasmine, and roses, not the fakey smelling scents, but the actual soft scent of the flowers themselves....

hee hee, and guys cologne smells good too, as long as they don't use to much! ^-^

Well normally I can't really smell anything thanks to my allergies.But when I can breathe though my nose I really enjoy the smell of brand new manga.I t just has a smell that I really like.Some might says that smelling books is quite odd but I think they smell good.
I also like the smell of blueberry and black cherry candles.

A favorite sent...well I very much like the smell of "wisteria". It's a very nice and soothing smell, very pleasant to the noise .^^ I also very much like the smell of ?gardenia?. I mostly like gardenia because well I?ve just always have loved the smell of it. ^^?

[color=deeppink]I have one scent that may seem a little bit odd: my cat.

For some reason I like to bury my nose in my cat's insane amount of fur around her neck [she's a long haired cat] and smell. She just smells like my cat ^_^. I guess it's one of those scents that doesn't necessarily smell good, but it holds lots of good nostalgia when sniffed. Psh, yes, I know it's strange.

I also love the smell of these four candles that I first bought when I moved into my first apartment in Ventura. The smell of them reminds me of the first couple of months of college and the late nights when I was just getting to know Erik. Their scents just bring back good memories :)

I'm a big fan of scents that bring back memories of times, places, and people. Those are always my favorite things to smell.[/color]

I really love the smell of wet soil, right after it's rained it smells precious. My favorite perfume is Envy by Gucci, it's very crisp. I love the smell of cinnamon, when it's being boiled with the milk, that's just a very comforting smell. I really love the smell of Lever 2000 sports soap too, it has that similar smell that most after shaves have. I love that. ^_^

[color=green][size=1]My two favorite scents are rain and winter. Real rain, not candles that say they smell like it. Rain on a summer's day, the thought make me smile. Winter does too have a smell, I heard all of you say, "What??" That crispy fresh smell of cold. It you don't know what I am talking about, I pity you. It is just really fresh and clean, [/color][/size]

[color=indigo]My two favorite scents would be new games and new books. I love opening up a new game's case or the pages of a new book and inhaling deeply. Both give me a sense of anticipation; of wanting to jump into a new story and just let my cares fade away while I spend time practicing one of my favorite hobbies. While they're two different smells, I like them both equally, so I can't really pick one over the other. (And yes, I know, I'm an obsessed freak).

I think my second favorite smell, which comes close to my favorite two, would be the scent of rain. I love going out on a cold winter day just after a big storm, when the air is so fresh and clean. *looks up at the post above this* Lol, I didn't even notice that before now. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh, and I also like the smell of some (but not all) car exhaust. Isn't that weird?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I'm a big fan of scents that bring back memories of times, places, and people. Those are always my favorite things to smell.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Yeah, we talk about that in Psychology alot and how you can come to associate different smells with different memories and how sometimes smells can trigger certain emotions. That's why I like that wild-cherry Sonic the Hedgehog Shampoo smell. No one has that shampoo anymore, and it reminds me so much of when I was a kid. ^_^[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]I wear cologne and deoderant called "Joop!" They come in dark purple/red bottles. It's a really nice scent...probably the favourite of all the ones I've ever had. I also have a bodywash of the same scent.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=#503F86]Wow, there's a guy in my college class who wears that stuff. I don't like cherries too much personally, but the bottles do look nice. And the name's cool.

I have a bog-standard deodorant- I've never really had a need for anything else (as far as I'm aware. From time to time I do smell like dog biscuits, but only if I've left them in my pocket for a few days...). It has a decent smell, and certainly stops me from smelling of BO. That's not particularly favourable, heh.

I can't handle anything too strong anyway. My dad uses some 'fragrant' shampoos, and although I've no idea how much he uses, whenever I smell them I get a terrible headache. It's the same with most aerosol deodorants.

As for ones I can handle... I'd have to agree with Moletta and Desbreko- I love clean, fresh air, although I usually notice it more before it's about to rain rather than afterwards. It seems more electric, in a way. Like there's tension actually in it. If you get what I mean. Afterwards it seems a bit... damp, heh.

Another one I really like is a vegetable stock cube and olive oil boiling in a pan just before I cook pasta. I could smell that all day ^_^;[/COLOR]

[quote][i]originally posted by Queen Asuka[/i]

[color=deeppink][size=1]That's why I like that wild-cherry Sonic the Hedgehog Shampoo smell. No one has that shampoo anymore, and it reminds me so much of when I was a kid. ^_^[/color][/size][/quote]

*finds some and puts it on*

^^;;

I also like the smell of lemon Ajax, and petrol stations. I know petrol is bad for you, but the smell is.. really acrid, but tasty. Heh.

Pancakes and maple syrup smell nice as well.

And when you burp coke and get bubbles in your nose ^^;;;

And the steam from cooked veges.

And... nah, I best stop there. heh.

I get lost in Bath and Body Works...:) I like, mostly, their fruitier scents: country apple, sun-ripened rasberry, cucumber melon. Plumeria is also really good. I dont' really like lavendar or vanilla. They're kinda over powering. *stumbles back stunned*
~art~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I have one scent that may seem a little bit odd: my cat.

For some reason I like to bury my nose in my cat's insane amount of fur around her neck [she's a long haired cat] and smell. She just smells like my cat ^_^. I guess it's one of those scents that doesn't necessarily smell good, but it holds lots of good nostalgia when sniffed. Psh, yes, I know it's strange.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=deeppink][font=arial]
Heh, I know just what you mean. I do the same thing. It's not that they (there are 4 of the furballs running around) smell partiucularily good...it's just a thing. ^^;;

My favorite all time smell is...Jade. The guy. But let's not get into that.

Vanilla is also wonderful...I used to go in my mom's baking closet and smell her bottles of vanilla for hours. And, like others have said before, the smell of air right after it rains is really good.

One odd smell that I really like is All fabric softer. Ironically enough, it's called 'After The Rain.' Heh heh.

And we can't forget...California air. Mmm...California air. Eheh, yea.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]You just have to love the smell of your boyfriend. Come on, nothing beats a good hug and the sweet smell of someone you love. I always smell like him after I see him, and just smelling my sweater just makes me think of him ^^;;

I adore the smell of Vanilla and Strawberry. Thats why I had Vanilla body spray. As soon as I spray is on my neck in the morning, I feel all set-to-go. Its so relaxing and yummy, I just want to eat me up.

-Kitty[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Ok, I'm back again. (our Nazi librarian kicked me off the computer!)
I'm a big fan of the scent of crisp autumn/winter air. It makes me think of Christmas or being out in the country at my uncle's house. I also like just about every mint smell. It's just so refreshing and often rejuvenating.
The best thing about scents is the memories they bring up. The sense of smell is one of the best about invoking memories. *sighs*
Okay, I think I'm done now! :D
~art~