OtakuBoards

Where are you from?

Inuyashafan418

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born in Bronx,NY. Then i moved to buffalo for a year then to Niagara Falls till 4th grade. I moved back to the Bronx till the summer of 6th grade when i moved to Ft.lauderdale, FL. 8th grade i moved to Stuart, FL which is where i am now. I'm a sophomore and this city is extremely boring....yeah that's my life story. Fun Fun Fun.

Wonder why I haven't written here before????

Well, I live in a teeny tiny little farm town called Taberg, New York, what else should you know about it? It gets colder than hell here in the winter time, we have little or no Minorities, "red neck" is a popular Term for your neighbor, and the closest thing to another human being is a Cow.

[color=hotpink][size=1]WELL, I'm from Georgia. Macon, Georgia to be precise. I pretty much have lived there all of my life (except for a year or two in Milledgeville or Gray). I love Macon. It's the center of Georgia. ^_^

Now I live in the infamous Athens, Georgia, home of the University of Georgia! It's pretty much a college town, but hey, I don't party. ^_^ Just a bunch of drunks who smash my pumpkins...>.<[/color][/size]

[color=silver]To put it short, I live a 5 minute bike ride from Break. I also live in a town named Hersham, nothing to really do there, neither in the neigbouring town which is named Walton. It has a cinema and that but only two screens.

For where i hang out, I'd call a place named 'Kingston' as my home, it's basically Greater London and a twenty minute bus ride away. Lots of stuff to do there, I've always wanted to move there but, my longing for that has burnt out, due to the increase in people and that.

Like Weh, I travel alot, no where near as involving as Weh does however I've been to Canada, the US many times, around Europe and I'm going to be stopping off at Japan on my way to Melbourne which will be soon so I look forward to that. I don't see England as such a bad place overall as I find the USA too competitive for my liking, and I like to be with people who are actually British because most people in America have immigrant descendants over the centuries considering the Red Indians are native there.

However, I do plan to move away from England for good to start a new beginning, not the US though, it's lovely for a holiday (vacation) but not a place for me to live in. There you have it. Oh yes, also, as my parents are divorced, I live at my dad's for weekends in another town called Chertsey, it has a reputation for nasty parts and that's true, however there are nice parts too.

Also I'm not saying all of you do, but from what I've met of American people thinking that England is still 'Olde England', it is complete bull, obviously you get 'Ye Olde Countryside' though. If any of you are insulted that I seem disinterested in the US, not at all, I love some of it's history.[/color]

[quote]And yes, we have kangaroos and koalas hopping all over the place, particularly in the street. We have road crossings for animals. And we all speak like Steve Irwin.

"G'Day mate"

Baron Samedi[/quote]

I wondered how many people wouldn't pick up the sarcastic tone in this. I live in Australia too (New South Wales) and I can assure you that none of this is the case (I loathe the Australian stereotype).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by angelaanime [/i]
[B]I live in Evans Mills, New York [/B][/QUOTE]

No way! Do you go to Indian River? Let me guess Erinzyger hooked you up. Right? I use to live there till I moved...damn....yes well I was born in NY but in West Point not Fort Drum. We were visting my grandparents. So being an ARMY brat I'm not quite sure where I'm from. Spent about 5 years in NC, 1 year in Kanasas, 3 years in Flordia, 3 years in Geremany, 2 years in Fort Drum, NY, and well now VA. Course that's all I can remember....oh well. I guess I'm from NY then. But for a while I had a Southern accent from NC....that my parents still tease me about...grrrr.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Mac Attack [/i]
[B](I loathe the Australian stereotype). [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]At least you guys have a [i]cool[/i] stereotype. Your whole country is loved by America because people think that you're happy all day and have the most awesome accents [which, actually, you [i]do[/i] have awesome accents.]

The American stereotype are the "rednecks" from the backland hills of Tennesee and West Virginia, who speak with thick, unintelligible Southern accents and have bad hygiene. However, these people only make up a [size=1]tiny[/size] percent of the population, it's not like our whole country is running rampant with them.

So I would rather have your country's stereotype any day ;)[/color]

I live in Keantuky ^^

I know what Babygirl means by the ''red necks'' Thers quite a few of them in good old KY as well. Thea Got that their Sothern Acceent goin ons. It's very annoying I must say. I know a few and most of them have horrible attitudes about things... basicly... their Biatches. Australia is cool ^^.

Well now... nobody form Brooklyn... I guess that makes me the first :) . I was born in Brooklyn, and lived there till about 1st grade or so. Then I moved to New Jersey, somewhere near Elizabeth or so. (nasty place, that was.) Then around 4th grade we all moved to where I am now, Huntingdon County, PA. Where there are more trees, pastures, and farm fields than anything else... It's cool though. I live next to the woods, and we see wild animals frequently. (Heh... me: Look! Aah! Bear! Run!... sister: No wait, that's a deer... silly fool...) Lol... I aspire to visit many parts of the world though, someday.

In New Jersey, right across from the cozy metropolis of Manhattan, in the little town of Fort Lee where I pass every boring minute poring over the pointless assignments passed on to us by teachers who are set to make our lives a living hell...

So yeah, Fort Lee, New Jersey.

[color=darkblue]Might as well throw my two cents in the bin. lol

I'm from Dayton, Ohio, also known as Gem City. (Though why is beyond me. --; ) We're rather historical, as mine is the city where the Wright Bros. were born (though this is currently under debate by local historians). We're currently having a city-wide thing known as "The Celebration of Flight" to commemorate their first flight. (And getting in shouting matches with North Carolina because of it. >_<; )

It's all around a pretty loud city. We have a pretty rowdy club scene at night, especially in the infamous Oregon District, though it does have a shining spot in the form of a cool dojo.

We Daytonians have also become extremely violent as of late, since our crime rate went up 20%. You can't go two days without some shooting or bank robbery going down, lol. But we're used to it.

It's a pretty nice city once you get used to everything (except those blasted trains. They'll drive you nuts.). I like it, but I'm on the first bus outta here come graduation, lol.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]Not in South Jersey.

Mos' of us ain't speak with no accent like that. We smoov.

You can specifically tell that North Jersey is nothing like South Jersey when you used the word beautiful to describe it. But, maybe that's because I live so close to Philadelphia. Or should I say Smelladelphia? No? South Filthy? You know, the only place where a mayor can rise in the polls after and only after the Philadelphia police discover an FBI bug in his office? Okay. ^_^;;

Let it be known to all, Charles lives in "Anytown" USA. Because, really, that's what Pennsuaken is. To its credit, it is a much more desirable place to live than neighboring Cinnaminson, though. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehehe. Nice one, Charles. Real subtle. Very nice.

I used to reside in Cinnaminson. Now it is Cinnaminsonia. We are a peace-loving nation...okay, I'm lying. We want to destroy the Delranian Republic and annex Riverton. It is our destiny.

All joking aside, Charles hit it pretty well. Take any town along the Delaware River/Route 130 area..."Anytown USA."

It's pretty much the same town cloned 4 times.

It's like...a demented Pleasantville.

For a further description,

[url]http://www.geocities.com/crumblord/Cinnaminsonia.html[/url]

All Hail Cinnaminsonia! All Hail Prime Chancellor Scottric! Long Live Cinnaminsonia! -cheers from the crowd-

Yes, PT and I live just around the corner and down the street from each other in the grand ol' land of Cinnaminsonia. And...well, I'll save my breath, both he and Charles have already told you what "home" is like. ^_^

PT, we really need to get a hold of our dear leader...I need to know what our country's flag looks like. -nods-

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]At least you guys have a [i]cool[/i] stereotype. Your whole country is loved by America because people think that you're happy all day and have the most awesome accents [which, actually, you [i]do[/i] have awesome accents.]

The American stereotype are the "rednecks" from the backland hills of Tennesee and West Virginia, who speak with thick, unintelligible Southern accents and have bad hygiene. However, these people only make up a [size=1]tiny[/size] percent of the population, it's not like our whole country is running rampant with them.

So I would rather have your country's stereotype any day ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

:D Yeh, well most people seem to expect that English men walk around in tweed smoking a pipe and that Eglish women walk around in long skirts with thier hair in a complicated knot and talk like Lara Croft/ Rupert Giles/ Dr Corday. Bleh :p

And for the record, Steve Irwin's cool, a little crazy maybe, but he's cool. :D

Guest Heero Y.
hey, I'm kinda new, so I'm just wondering around. Well anyway....I was born in Sacramento, California. Lived in Medford, Oregon for a while. And now, I live in Anchorage, Alaska.