OtakuBoards

Where are you from?

Inuyashafan418

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heero Y. [/i]
[B]hey, I'm kinda new, so I'm just wondering around. Well anyway....I was born in Sacramento, California. Lived in Medford, Oregon for a while. And now, I live in Anchorage, Alaska. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I just went and visited Medford Oregon this past summer for two weeks. My Aunt and Uncle live there. It's a beautiful city.

You sure did travel far, huh? I wouldn't be able to live in Alaska. It would be MUCH too cold for me.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Been living in green and rainy N Oregon, in Hood River Valley, all my 18 years. It's gorgeous. But as you head east towards the neighboring town of The Dalles, it gets pretty dry and deserty. Our town is in a valley right smack by the Columbia River.

It's mostly a tourist attraction, and a bit expensive to live here. Nearby is Mt. Hood, where people snowboard and ski. And it's usually windy here, too. Hood River is fourth in the world for the best place to windsurf and kiteboard. Also, in contrast, the Columbia falls in about third or fourth as the most polluted river in the U.S./world (can't remember which).

Also, in Umatilla (about an hour's drive east from here) is the nation's fourth largest weapon storage. And Oregon's also the nation's least employed state.

And about a third of our high school is obssessed with video games and anime. Mostly sports, though, and skateboarding.

We also have a sister city in Japan: Saruda. Our foreign exchange students come from there.

Lots of orchards. 3/4 of the world's pears come from Hood River's orchards. And The Dalles (about 20 miles away) is gaming heaven for me. They have a Wal*Mart, K*Mart, Fred Meyer, Blockbuster, and a new/used game shop called Gameopoly. There is where I buy stuff I can't find in stores. If I can't find it here, I go to Portland...and I garuntee you almost every single damn anime and video game you can imagine in N America is right there in Portland (about 65 miles west). I'm still unsure, but I think they also have a store including imports.

So yeah, the only downside to Hood River is the windsurfers (boardheads) and all the friggin' hispanics.

GOD it's so hard to find a job here![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Circéus [/i]
[B]I'm from Quebec City's suburbs, Canada. St-Emile to be pracise. I moved once in my live... 1 house up the street :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, in terms of moving I have moved a grand total of about... 12 times in my 16.5 year life....

I was born in Warren MI (right down the road from Detroit, in fact 8 mile is the border...) but now i live in dumb ole' Hopkinsville Ky it amazes me that a big (not to me, but to crofton it is) military town(ft.cambell right down the road) has a plaza for its mall, the biggest store we have is JC Penny, and its about half the size of some ive been in. ok, im babbling now so im gonna shut up.

oh, and K.K.C., like i said, i live in[I]Hopkinsville[/I] Ky, i go to school with rednecks:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rttocs77 [/i]
[B]Wow, in terms of moving I have moved a grand total of about... 12 times in my 16.5 year life.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, do you want a medal or something? :p I've never moved, not once. :D

I like it where I am, nice and cozy (well, it's [I]actually[/I] cold and wet) lots of nice people (if you don't count the majority of the population) good skools (look, I can spel!) and, of course, a McDonald's. *obesity percentage goes up a notch*

Oy...tired...:sleep:

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ben [/i]
[B]Heh, do you want a medal or something? :p I've never moved, not once. :D

I like it where I am, nice and cozy (well, it's [I]actually[/I] cold and wet) lots of nice people (if you don't count the majority of the population) good skools (look, I can spel!) and, of course, a McDonald's. *obesity percentage goes up a notch*

Oy...tired...:sleep: [/B][/QUOTE]

I suppose that I have committment issues. I get upset sometimes when I think about it, but in reality it was my choice a lot of those times to move. Also, my parents were separated, got back together, divorced, and then got back together again. I sort of wish they were still divorced....wow I just got totally off topic.

I live no were, perminately. I have lived in my past in Jackson and countless otehr towns of North Carolina, Dillon, South Carolina in about three or four different houses, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Germany, Kansas, and South Carolina again. I have visited Greece and France. So I consider my home, well, Earth. I don't really care either. In my short 13 year life I have visited and lived in more places than most people do in there entire lives.

If your looking for a reason for this, its because my Dad is in the American Militairy. He was a Marine, then in the Army, and now a recuiuter for the National Guard. And my family went everywere went. Pretty adventrous life, I guess.

I live in the tiny hick-like town known as olmsted falls on the outskirts of cleveland....it's bizarre,this little town being next to the hug ghetto known as cleveland. But man,it's fun. Grown up with everyone here my whole life. It's pretty too. Not too big,not too small,it grows on you...never wanna leave.

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]I live no were, perminately. I have lived in my past in Jackson and countless otehr towns of North Carolina, Dillon, South Carolina in about three or four different houses, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Germany, Kansas, and South Carolina again. I have visited Greece and France. So I consider my home, well, Earth. I don't really care either. In my short 13 year life I have visited and lived in more places than most people do in there entire lives.

If your looking for a reason for this, its because my Dad is in the American Militairy. He was a Marine, then in the Army, and now a recuiuter for the National Guard. And my family went everywere went. Pretty adventrous life, I guess. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have lived in GA and NC too!! (mostly GA) Was your dad by chance stationed at Dobbins air force base in GA? It was named after my Aunts' dad

I`m glad to see that some people are from the Bronx and Brooklyn.

I was raised in the Bronx until I was 6, then I moved to Brooklyn, where I am currently living now. Ilove it here.

However, after my birthday, Jan 8, I will be moving to Frederick Maryland. I don`t like it there because when I stay there at my cousin`s place it seems pretty boring. Sorry if I offened some one but I really don`t like Frederick, MD.

Well, I must've replied to a ton of these over the years, but hey, one more won't hurt.

Anyway, I live in Melbourne, Australia. Well, not in the city itself, but not too far out. Just a nice little suburban life for me. ...Which makes me remember that I [i] really [/i] need to have a holiday one of these days.

Oh, and I also live incredibly close to James (yes, the good ol' Site Director James), though I've never actually met him...