OtakuBoards

Where are you from?

Inuyashafan418

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo no Ryu [/i]
[B]I live in the everpopulated city of Virginia. [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=arial]*blinks* How's that, again?

I was born in the UP (Upper Michigan, heh.) I have few scattered memories of the place, but that doesn't keep me from being inordinately fond of the Upper Peninsula.

Other than that, I've lived in Southeast Wisconsin for the last fifteen years or so. I've called a couple different addresses "Home," and we moved again last fall. (I can no longer walk to my lovely Lake Michigan...)

My dad's side of the family is Minnesotan, heh, and we have a solid bunch of relatives there. [/FONT]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I came to New Zealand from Hong Kong when I was about 8months old....and I've been here since, so I'm what could be classified as kiwi.

I have never moved house, I've been stuck in the same house for the past 16 years and I don't really care... except a change of scenery never hurt anyone.

Oh yeah....I can actually speak cantonese...I'm so proud of myself :)

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Well, I was born in Cedar Rapids Iowa and lived there till I was seven. Then I moved to the west side of Iowa, in a little town by Souix City. :P This is on of the most boring places... EVER! Oh, hello, I live in the... CORN STATE. >.< That is just weird. But it makes it even worse that I live in a small town, because there is nothing and I mean nothing to do. I manage, I guess I favor small towns now. It's nice to visit a big city and stuff, but I like it where it is quiet. *shrugs* Anyway, yeah, that's where I live. :P[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wow. Still, the majority of you are from either the US or England.

I'm from Puerto Rico. Where you say? Well, it's a itsy bitsy tiny little island on the caribbean. Very americanized(well, we are considered US territory, anyway). It's good here, veeeeery hot on summer and chilly on winters. Many rainy days, wich is good, I like rainy days a lot. Night life is great all year(party yeah, although I don't party that much)

Well, If you'd like to know more, I'll be happy to tell.

[color=red]Ani_Freack[/color]

Ha, beat you all, I'm from Holland.
The Netherlands.
Whatever.

Small country in the west part of Europe.
Europe, you know, that huge piece of land that's not American or Asian or African or Australian or Antarctic...

And it's true, it rains here most of the time.
And anime and manga are unknown things.
Yeah, it sucks -_- .

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KarmaOfChaos [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]
I was torn away from beautiful, snowy, northern home where I had grown up speaking the New Jersey accent(yes dahling, we spaek like tis), [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Not in South Jersey.

Mos' of us ain't speak with no accent like that. We smoov.

You can specifically tell that North Jersey is nothing like South Jersey when you used the word beautiful to describe it. But, maybe that's because I live so close to Philadelphia. Or should I say Smelladelphia? No? South Filthy? You know, the only place where a mayor can rise in the polls after and only after the Philadelphia police discover an FBI bug in his office? Okay. ^_^;;

Let it be known to all, Charles lives in "Anytown" USA. Because, really, that's what Pennsuaken is. To its credit, it is a much more desirable place to live than neighboring Cinnaminson, though.

I'm from Southern California; I was born in Downey, but I moved to La Puente about thirteen years ago. La Puente is pretty much your average town. Maybe about 20,000 or so people live here...it's a been a while since I've checked it out. It's a pretty nice place to live, actually. It's not too big and not too small and the weather is really nice (except in summer...I hate summers in California).

[color=crimson]I was born in San Antonio, Texas- the home of the Alamo, several Spanish missions, the NBA champions and other things that mean alot on paper, but actually do not.

I lived in Universal City, Texas- that doesn't mean much, really. It is right next to San Antonio, Texas. That was for 8 years, and then I moved into San Antonio itself- woopie.

45% mexican, 35% english or german, 15% indian, 5% black is what I think I am from talking to my mother and such. I don't know for sure because of outside circumstances.

Heh.[/color]

I'm from stoke On Trent, England. But now I'm living in Sheffield (also in England). But right at this moment I'm back home in Stoke, for the weekend.

Stoke's a pretty decent place, but I guess if you're from one of the more prosperous areas of England it can probably seem a dump (heh. it is apparently the worst city to live in). Sheffield isn't a great deal different, so I had quite an easy time settling in.

I'm origianally from Baton Rouge Louisiana. Which could explain why I'm a major Gambit fan. I miss the Bayou and the Mardi Gras in New Orleans. I used to go every years and had alot of fun. The food was great and so tasty and spicey. I still have my Cajun accent when I speak and wouldn't lose it for the world. Now that I'm in Atlanta its all so different. People talk funny and have Southern accents that slur there word together and stuff.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][FONT=arial](I can no longer walk to my lovely Lake Michigan...)[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, no Norse wolves for you. :p

I've lived in the same house for the past 15 years of my life. I am 15 years old. The house has not moved, so neither have I. I have lived in Groton, CT (that's Connecticut) for all of my life. Yay! :toothy:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]Or should I say Smelladelphia? No? South Filthy? You know, the only place where a mayor can rise in the polls after and only after the Philadelphia police discover an FBI bug in his office? Okay.[/B][/QUOTE]
Can someone please tell me what is so wrong with Philly?! It doesn't stink and is very clean (unless you're in one of the terminals), the people I know from there aren't all that bad, and Street's rise in popularity stems from sympathy for having his office bugged for no apparent reason!!! Okay, I shall stop defending Philly and worry about Yeadon and how quiet and dull life is here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]Not in South Jersey.

Mos' of us ain't speak with no accent like that. We smoov.

You can specifically tell that North Jersey is nothing like South Jersey when you used the word beautiful to describe it. . [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]
Oh yes Charles. Incredibly smooth. ^-~

And yes, the word beautiful cannot be used to describe a majority of New Jersey now, South or North. Been to Trenton lately? * shudder * The ghettos in Trenton are enough to scare people born in downtown NY.

But there are parts that remain really pretty. I try to stay in those parts when I go up visiting my old home (And my grandmother, who still lives there.) Stony Brook is still pretty nice.

Either way...I'd rather live in NJ than SC. I miss my snow.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]My dad's side of the family is Minnesotan, heh, and we have a solid bunch of relatives there. [/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Ah, the Minnesoatan.

Somehow I picked up the Minnesota accent, and my long 'o's are now accentuated and drawn out [or should I say 'oat'?] ^_~

I was born in Lansing, Michigan and lived in a small offshoot community in of Lansing for my entire grade school life.

Last year I did the cross-country drive in order to move to Southern California for college. Southern California is...different...I think we have a love-hate relationship with each other.[/color]

[COLOR=#503F86]heh, I hadn't realised do many people came from the UK here. Or there, as the case might be.

I live in a very small village called Hambrook, near the city of Chichester, at the very South of England. It's quite a nice place, if not for the fact that there's not much to do without a five-mile drive/walk/train ride involved. I've lived here my entire life, although my parent used to live in London. It's not considered a dump as far as I know (not to the extent that Swindon or Bognor Regis are, anyway), although the fortnightly rubbish collection might have you thinking otherwise. Damn City Council >.>

My accent's what most people might call posh, because I don't use much slang. It's Recieved Pronunciation by definition, so there's not really an accent to it. Pretty boring, in a sense.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=CC0000]Just had a weird deja vu... o_o;;

Anyway. oO I live in South East England, to the south west of London in a county called Surrey. It's apparently the richest in the UK, but I am doubting it.. all of the pikeys and dicks we get around my area is quite astounding.

Where I live (a town called Hersham), it takes 20-25 minutes to get to Waterloo Station (London), so I'm pretty close. London's cool.. the Underground is so cool, it's an excellent mode of transport. You can pay about £3.00 (about $6-7.50) for a travelcard which lasts all day and it's valid on all of the trains. ^_^

I don't really like England though. I go travelling around the world so much, that I realise there are so many places that are way better than England (Sydney and Perth in Australia for example) could ever be.

I'll get out of the country one day.. :p[/size][/color]

[color=teal][font=time new roman][b]I was born in Fairfield, CA, moved to Oklahoma when I was 1, then back to CA, then back to OK when I was 4, my bro's were born in Oklahoma.

When I was about 5 and a half we moved back to California, then at 6 and a half moved back to Martha, Oklahoma where I live until I was 16.

Now I live here in Middletown, New York*growls and cries* I hate it here! Thug wannabies everywhere! The people are nasty and rude! I want to go back to my 300 population, Martha, Oklahoma:bawl:...[/color][/font][/b]

I was born in Baltimore, Maryland and still live there. Busy, busy, busy is all I can really say. I don't live in the city, but still busy. I'm probably going to go to Germany later on in my life for a summer's vacation, I'd like to see what's over there. Crossing the ocean....getting sick....