OtakuBoards

Super Bowl Teams

superfreak07

NFL is TV right?....Well I'll talk about it anyways. Chiefs (9-1)... who else is that good? No seriously, I forgot who else has a chance of going.....:worried: Anyways...can you tell me who you think will go to the super bowl?

Admit it, Chiefs are doing really good this year compared to their past years. I live in Kansas so of course I like the Chiefs...If i were raised somewhere else, I'd probably laugh at the Chiefs.

So, I want to know who everyone thinks will go to the super bowl.:cross:

Well my home team, the Panthers, are doing really well too. I think they're 8-3 or something like that.

This is really good, considering they were the worst team in 2001.

As for the Super Bowl I really can't predict who is gonna be in it.:D

[B][SIZE=1]

Yeah, the Panthers, my home team aswell, are who I'm routin' for. Adn I'm sure that the Cheif's will make it. Thay could stop the season right now and probably make it. If Panthers make it, it'll be their first super bowl, like it was for the Buc's last year. I'm lookin' forward to it, but If Dante Hall pulls another one of his crazy runs, then their gonna be in deep trouble.

[/B][/SIZE]

You're wrong, Tony. Raiders! 3-8! *gets *** kicked*

Seriously, though, I have a feeling about the Titans...I just think they're going to the Super Bowl, even though I don't like them.

And I agree with Transtic, either Dallas or Carolina is going to the Super Bowl, though I'd have to choose Dallas over Carolina since they actually, you know, [i]beat[/i] the Panthers this season.

[COLOR=indigo]Personally I don't think Green Bay is gonna go all the way. Sure they have arguably one of the best quarter backs, but that can't carry them.

I live in KC so naturally I'm a Chiefs fan, but I honestly don't know if they are gonna go all the way. They'll get damn close if they don't I'll give you that. I'm looking at the Titans and Chiefs in the AFC chamionship. I think that game will probably be the best game of the season. *shrugs*

So for the AFC either Titans or Chiefs.

NFC: I really don't know...the NFC is soo screwy this year, but I'm prolly going to have to say...Phillidelphia. They've always been a good team even when they sucked. Even when they were horrible they still beat the best of teams, I wouldn't count them out. Besides McNab sucked for most of this year and they're still 8-3.[/COLOR]

I say KC loses in the AFC championship game, I think the Patriots might go back this year, or the Titans. I was really hopeful of the Bills this year, but their Offense is a joke.

Dallas doesn't have enogh Offense to make it all the way, the Vikings are crashing... I'd like to see Carolina, but its morelikely to bethe Rams or Eagles unless one of them really messes up.

KC all the way!!! Personally, i can't believe they are doing so well this year. I live in Kansas, so it's kinda given i like the chiefs and i have grown up watching them. My parents and brother get really into it, and usually i end up going to watch something else because they lose so badly. But this year....wow...i mean that's all i can say. You're got to give credit where it's due. Dante Hall...i think the other teams are actually scared of him...
If i had to choose another team it would either be the titans or the pacs. both pretty good, and not to bad standings (i think). I like the Eagles too, but i don't think they are doing so well...

I'm gonig for Tampa bay..but..it looks like The Jags are MUCH better then them.

I'm gonig for the falcons..but...vick is out, BTU he's back next week..

I'm goingvfor the Vikings but..Moss and Cullpeper cant' carry the team.

I sholud be gonig for the Redskins..since i'm in Va..but...i HATE THEM.

Damn deadskins...lol

[COLOR=indigo]Falcons? Hm...first off. Vick's back. He was back this week. Didn't play the whole game, but he's back. Second off...the FALCONS? You really think a 2-10 team is gonna go?

Tampa Bay. I don't know whats their deal this yera. They went form a Super Bowl team to a 5-7 team. Super Bowl to completely out of the play off picture, unless of course Hell Freezes over.

If you honestly think that Culpepper and Moss have carried the team, please check again. If you pay attention to the Vikings defense they have 23 interceptions. The most in the NFL. SO I mean I really can't see how Moss and Culpepper are doing everything, but hey maybe thats just me.

Jags a much better team? What in the world? First off they arn't even in the same league as Tampa Bay second....3-9...they arn't even IN the playoff picture....

Oh and by the way the Eagles are doing good. They're 9-3 and on top of their conference!

GO CHIEFS!

(Just thought I'd give ya'all some stats ;))[/COLOR]

The trend in the NFL the past few years seems to be that a team with a great defense, a solid running game, and a mistake free passer will win it. But this will end come Febuary 1st, where a complete team will host the Lombardi Trophy.

Right now the Panthers fit that mix, but the past few weeks there defense has shown its weaknesses. So there are not many great defenses like last years Bucs or the 2001 Ravens these days, that weak in and weak out can win a game if the offense sputters. Right now the Cowboys(My team) have the #1 ranked defense and if you saw the Turkey Day game you wouldn't have guessed that. Eagles defense is not the same due to injury and free agency and the VIkings started off great but have fallen fast, namely in the run D( crucial part of the defense if you want to win in the post season).

In the AFC, Patriots have been winning games in many different fashions, but their defense has contended pretty well in most games(specially that nice goalline stand on Sunday against the Colts) With that, I still do not see their defense as a dominant one that can take hold of a game. Staying in the AFC East, you have the Dolphns, and all across the board there are Pro Bowl quality players. But the Dolphins have yet to stay in it late to show off that defense into the playoffs(but I do think they will be able to get that last wild card spot with Denver slipping) This new Raven defense with Ray Lewis can always make something happen, but their secondary(with the exception of Ed Reed) does not play with the consistency of their LBs and that will hurt them against solid passers(if they even get to the playoffs.........crazy Bungals). Like the Pats, the Chiefs have won many games with each of the 3 sides of the game, special teams, offense, and the defense. But as of late, they need to learn to tackle, in recent weeks they have been failing to wrap up a guy, and just look really sloppy out there. I don't think they will be able to win with the way they have against quality teams like the Titans. And speaking of the Titans, my AFC Champs, have the one element of the defense that will carry them all the way. The run D. They shut down run with ease and force teams to be one dimensional. This allows them to drop the safeties back for coverage and that can force INTS.

So in the AFC it will be the Titans, but as for the NFC, which there is no clear-cut team out there, and it will probably be a close NFC Championship game featuring most likely the Cowboys(they will win NFC East, take the 3rd seed, beat Seahawks(6th seed), beat Panthers(2nd seed-thats how I will hope it will be) and the Rams. The Rams are playing just like they did in there 99 Super Bowl run and they will take over the Cowboys defense, to show that a high powered offense will prevail against a top ranked D. (Something the Raiders could not do in the last year's Super Bowl)

So it will be Rams vs Titans, rematch of 99, but the Titans have gotten much better in the past 3 years(best record in that span too) So Titans win it all, thats how I see it right now, unless McNair or some other skill position player goes down for either team in the remainder ofthe season.

Also is anyone disappointed in the Super Bowl logo this year? It just looks so plain when compared to what they have come up with in the last few Super Bowls.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by duorocks17 [/i]
[B] I like the Eagles too, but i don't think they are doing so well... [/B][/QUOTE]

They're tied for first place in the NFC; they're enjoying a seven game winning streak. That constitutes success in my book. At least as far as the regular season is concerned. ;)

I would actually love to see Kansas City make it to the Super Bowl. I've been a Chiefs fan for quite some time now (going back to their acquisition of Joe Montana to be exact). They've had outstanding seasons before--13-3 seasons where they've made it to the championship game only to lose. It's impressive to see them perform so well after scraping by with a .500 record last season. Credit goes to the coach and unity of the team.

For some reason, I'm a bit wary to predict a Super Bowl visit for them, though. Many of their games this season could have gone either way. They still have a tendency to play down to their opponents' level.

If they [i]do[/i] make it, it'll be on the shoulders of Priest Holmes. That's what I believe, anyway.

Hopefully the Eagles will finally go as well. The fans deserve it; the team can only lose the championship game so many times before [i]finally[/i] coming through for Philadelphia.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Tennessee, Cincinnati, and New England could surprise a lot of people though. Especially Cincinnati.

And who knows about "dem Bears." Can't count them out, oh no.

The Chiefs are still going to the super bowl in my opion. (11-1) Chiefs. Dante Hall still going on strong this season. This has been the best season since Joe Montana left the Chiefs. So I agree with everything that Charles said. I think it would be a good idea if Eagles went to the Super bowl because of their past, sort of sympathy i guess.

Guest soccerrules
I really did not listen to what everyone else said however in my opinion the Eagels are going all the way and are on a hot streak that cant end. Trust me on this one I m a hardcore football fan.