OtakuBoards

What song are you listening to now?

Guest Neo Genesis

Guest Neo Genesis
Well I searched, didn't find this (shocked) so I am making tbis and claiming it as my own. Very simple, just post the song you are listening to at the moment.

Radiohead - [b]Black Star[/b]

My favourite song on The Bends album. In fact, when i tried to sign up just now, I tried to use that name but someone already took it :flaming: But anyway... me likey Radiohead. What are you listening to?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1] I'd also like to say you should [i]explain[/i] the song.

I think this thread has a nice chance of being something good and not being closed if people explain the song--I mean explain it down to how it sounds, what it means to you, etc. Then this thread, hopefully, won't get closed.

Anyone who likes Radiohead rocks.

Anyways, I'm not listening to anything currently. So I have nothing else to say.[/size]

[color=2244CC][size=1][b]Coma White[/b] by Marilyn Manson.

The song is actually quite a bit deeper than it seems on the surface, which might be why I'm attracted to it.
I'd be happy to post my take on it, but I don't think this is the right thread...

And Mitch, nothing can sometimes be the best music.[/size][/color]

[size=1][i]COMA WHITE
Something is cold and blank behind her smile
She's standing on an overpass
In her miracle mile
(coma):
"You were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today
Today to run away"

A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself

Her mouth was an empty cut
And she was waiting to fall
Just bleeding like a polaroid that
Lost all her dolls
(coma):
"You were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today
Today to run away"

A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb[/i][/size]

Coma White is a beautiful song. A nice way to end an incredible album... one I would consider to be among the best to ever be recorded in the history of rock. I'm sure most would scoff at that idea, but if you give it a chance, I believe you would think the same. It's the modern day Ziggy Stardust in every sense.

Beautiful, powerful music video too.

I'm currently listening to Led Zeppelin's [b]Stairway to Heaven[/b].

I really like the song because the music is great. I like how Jimmy Page plays the guitar. His style, etc. I like this song because it is from one of my favorite bands, Led Zeppelin. I also like classic rock. Another thing why I like this song is because I can play it on the guitar. :)

[color=violet]I'm listening to "Better Man" by Pearl Jam.

I actually like this song...even though, when I first heard it, I hated it. It took my cousin to play it during an 6-hour car drive to make me listen to it....repeatedly.

It actually reminds me of a couple of relationships that I had been in...so yeah, it's a good song.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, I am at work right now and everyone is more or less getting into the holiday spirit. Needless to say Christmas carols have been playing constantly on people?s clock radios (I don?t listen to music at work because my taste is obviously worlds different than the middle aged people I am surrounded by).

Anyway, Bing Crosby?s version of ?White Christmas? just ended on my work neighbor?s radio. It is an incredible song and Crosby has such a smooth voice. I really enjoy the old crooners of yesteryear sing traditional Christmas songs, guys like Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby (and even the newer style crooners like Tony Bennet and Harry Connick Jr.) just seem to help set the Christmas mood.[/color]

Guest MetalSonic700
Im listening to various animal crossing tunes! My best friend is playing Animal Crossing and Im listening. The game has really nice music though the animal voices annoy me. Oh wait, hes leaving....

[size=1][color=chocolate]Uh...I'm listening to the Otaku Jukebox. :o
I'm always listening to the .hack//sign songs. I like them because...well they are just good songs, and are enjoyable to hear, and it's better to listen to enjoyable songs then a sister's TV playing a show I don't like. It also makes me last more on the computer.[/size][/color]

Guest MetalSonic700
Through the night on the otaku jukebox. Its the theme of outlaw star. Its a pretty good midi except it has these loud annoying beep noises. Aggg.

I'm listening to My Immortal right now trying to figure out what she is singing about. At first I though God but now I'm really leaning toward other thing.

I just got Evanescence's Fallen CD after they recieved 5 Grammy nominations. I really like My Immortal, Bring Me To Life, and Going Under the most but they do have some other good songs like My Last Breath and Tourniquet.

i am currently listenign to a compilation of songs on a cd that i burned myself.

1. national anthem (woodstock)- jimi hendrix
2. machine gun- jimi hendrix
3. Voodoo Child- jimi hendrix
4. if six was nine- jimi hendrix
5. people are strange- the doors
6. riders on the storm- the doors
7. mixed bizness- beck
8. digging my potato- yoko kanno
9. we want the funk- george clinton and the parliament funkadelic
10. chop suey- system of a down
11. someone to love- jefferson airplane.
12. white rabbit- jefferson airplane
13. white rabbit- blue man group featuring esthero
14. piano smasher- blue man group
15. PVC-IV- blue man group
16. the current- blue man group
17. tank!- the seat belts.

the song i am on now is...
we want the funk - george clinton and the parliament funkadelic

On a CD with either oldies or new age, sublime1 has yoko kanno. That's great! :)

Let's see....right now I'm listening to a midi from the Princess Mononoke soundtrack. But earlier I was listening to Two-Mix, which is my favorite group. I have four of their cd's. The one i was listening to was a cd i burned with all the Gundam Wing songs on it. It is very good. I was listening to Last Impression. This song starts off pretty slow, and then works into a great melody and chorus. One thing i like is the piano parts, seeing as how i'm a piano/organ player, i like to pick those out and play them. Espically the songs that are "pure" meaning it's just the singer and the piano. Those are the best, and yeah!! one is just comming on!!! :)

[color=red]I'm listening to [i]Walking in Memphis[/i] by [b]LoneStar[/b] right now. Very cool song. I love hearing it, and I really want the cd.
As you may have guessed, I'm a bit of a country fan so I'm listening to the local country station because my CD player is in TX and the old thing from my father-in-law doesn't play CD-Rs or CD-RWs. The thing's so old it has a CD player and a turn table and stands about 4ft tall. The speakers kick @[i][/i]$$ tho so I can't complain too much.[/color]

I'm listening to "It's My Life" by Talk Talk.

It's My Life - Talk Talk

Funny how I find myself
In love with you
If I could buy my reasoning
I would pay to lose
One Half won't do

I've asked myself how much do you
Commit yourself

It's my life
Don't you forget
It's my life
It never ends

Funny how I blind myself
I never knew
If I was sometimes played upon
Afraid to lose

I would tell myself what good you do
Convince myself

It's my life
Don't you forget
It's my life
It never ends

I would ask myself how much do you
Commit yourself

It's my life
Don't you forget
Caught in the crowd
It never ends

I love this song. It makes me want to pick up my **** and just leave. It's very new wave, and I love the singer's voice. Recently No Doubt made a cover of it, although it isn't bad it cannot top the original. I find myself relating to this song so much sometimes. *sigh* Just great.

I'm currently listening to TV Star by the Butthole Surfers.

I'm in love with a TV star
She drove me home in her Lexus car
Like her dog, but I don?t watch her show
Spend my time with the radio

Seen her dancing on the Sunset Strip
Bellbottomed jeans, and a-curvy hips
Seen her sitting there with her boyfriend
Good looking fella, but he?s looking kinda thin

Christina
A la la la la
I love you so

Remeber that day we played pool?
I saw your bedroom and we ate barbeque
Bobby came from a trip downtown
Fifty up and forty down

Love you more than the sun and the sky
Gotta kiss and hug you 'fore I die
Something else that you ought to know to
It?s something wierd

Christina
A la la la la
I love you so

I'm in love with a TV star
She drove me home in her Lexus car
Like her dog, but I don?t watch her show
Spend my time with the radio

Been watching TV as the years go by
I?ve seen 'em born, and I?ve seen 'em die
Something else you ought know to
I like a girl called Ellen more than you

Christina
A la la la la
I love you so

Anyway, that's the song. It's a favorite of mine. It always gave me the impression that he's in love with a fictional woman on TV to the point that he thinks he actually knows her.

[color=#707875][size=1]Current Song I'm listening to ehh, well at the moment I'm listening to three pieces of music without lyrics so I'm not sure if they count:

[B]1] Tatooine Blues:[/b] Yeah the one being played in the Cantina in Mos E-[i]something, can remember the name[/i]. I love this tune becuase it's so damn funky....

[b]2] Windmill from Zelda:[/b] Yeah the music in the Windmill from Ocarina of Time, this music really gets my creative side going and I was listening to this when I wrote my Monkey Island RPG.

[b]3] Mortal Combat:[/b] MORTAL COMBAT !!!!, although it doesn't have the lyrics the music still kicks *** and I usually listen to it if I'm writing a fight scene in an RPG.

Well that's really it for music I listen to, I bought [b][i]Load[/b][/i] by Metallica but I haven't listened to it in a while, next up though is [b][i]Garage Inc.[/b][/i]. I love that album and have borrowed it numerous times off friends, my favourite track [b][i]Whiskey in the Jar[/i][/b] it's my favourite version of that song and becuase it's [b][i]Irish[/i][/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][b]Acid Bath-Bones of Baby Dolls[/b]
flower girls play lover
grave games in the courtyard
I heard her screaming like a radio
flower girls play lover
grave games in the courtyard I heard her screaming like a radio mary lou
left marks on you she just screams at the walls the kite string pops I'm
swallowed whole by the sky we smoke the bones of baby dolls
techno-liquid screaming meat heaven's cold beneath my feet cyber love
the anti-man we make love... because we can virgins play where the
bayou's blue barefoot (and bloody) eatin' mushroom stew work for pay and
pay for freedom **** 'em all, we don't need 'em we smoke the bones of
baby dolls everything's gone dry like bottle glass scraping cross the
pavement everything's gone dry like bottle glass scraping cross the
pavement

The lyrics don't speak too well for the song. The song itself implements accoustic guitars on par with those of Radiohead's earlier sound.

The singer's voice of this band reminds me a lot of Alice in Chain's singer, so if you know them, you can draw that comparison.

As for the song...it holds a lot of meaning to me I can't begin to describe. I really like this band, a lot of things about them, anyway. They have a very poetic writing style, and when I read lyrics I am endlessly amazed.

This song itself feels sort of like an unforced sigh. It just goes on, and the singer's voice empathizes with you as you dwell in what the song meanders you toward. I especially like it at the end, and I love the poetics of this song, and all their other songs.

The band itself broke up long ago. Their last album was released 1994-ish, or maybe 1996, I'm not exactly sure. They also only released two albums--[i]Paegan Terrorism Tactics[/i] and [i]When the Kite String Pops[/i].

Good stuff, anyway.[/size]

[COLOR=darkblue]Well, as of now, I'm listening to [i]Cyber Slum[/i] of the .HACK//SIGN OST 2. I mostly here at work listen to this music. What I love of most instrumental soundtracks is that they keep me calm. Although this one has many songs that are very loud distortion full, I keep calm.

If I'm not listening to an anime soundtrack, I'm most definetly listening to any Dream Theather album. I mean, they are just awesome musicians. I play drums, and if you know the band, you know why I like them very much. Hell I even went to a drum clinic the drumer Mike Portnoy held here in Puerto Rico. Big fan I am![/COLOR]

[COLOR=firebrick]The song I'm listening to the most right now, is [b]Gollum's Song[/b].
To set the mood for [i]Return of The King[/i] *grins*

Though painful to listen to, it is rather soothing.
It feels as though you are slowly rocked [size=1](think [b]cradle[/b], not stone) [/size]to sleep, the tears drying eventually.

It also intensifies the mood, if one is wallowing in selfpity ^_^
[font=century]
[COLOR=indigo][center]Where once was light
Now darkness falls
Where once was love
Love is no more
Don't say goodbye
Don't say I didn't try

These tears we cry
Are falling rain
For all the lies you told us
The hurt, the blame!