DDG Posted June 8, 2005 Posted June 8, 2005 [FONT=Tahoma][color=#666666]*dittos both Baron and Hevn* I see mySQL errors all the time. Most of the time its in my backroom and instead of showing my guestbook stats there's a mySQL error. Other than that I'm plagued by them on my page and others pages. It is getting quite frustrating...[/FONT][/color]
dragonandante Posted June 14, 2005 Posted June 14, 2005 For some reason, I can't view any comments at all... also when I go to customize my profile all I see is the html code... is that something new since I haven't been using myotaku for a while...
Godelsensei Posted June 14, 2005 Posted June 14, 2005 [quote name='dragonandante']For some reason, I can't view any comments at all... also when I go to customize my profile all I see is the html code... is that something new since I haven't been using myotaku for a while...[/quote] This same thing happens to me now and then. It goes back to okay after a while, but I'm not sure what causes it in the first place.
SunfallE Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 One of my friends got a message on her myOtaku site saying Unauthorized access detected, please contact your site adminstrator. I was wondering why she got that message. She changed her password and then made sure she didn't have any viruses and checked for spyware and then made sure she had all the microsoft updates installed. Is there something going on at myOtaku? Or is it a problem that was already taken care of. Any help regarding this would be appreciated. Thanks. ^_^
Luminaire Posted July 25, 2005 Posted July 25, 2005 [color=darkred]This is tradgic. Never before have I needed help with myO. Alas, I ran into a problem. Yesterday, I went to change my avatar on myOtaku and it didn't work. I tried about twenty or so avatars, but everytime, the picture remained the same. I've been going to [b]Edit Picture[/b] then choosing a picture from my computer and hitting [b]Upload My Picture[/b]. Then I get the message that my image was uploaded successfully. I go to my site...and voila! It didn't change. Am I doing something wrong? ~Lumi ^_^[/color]
Mimmsicle Posted July 25, 2005 Posted July 25, 2005 [quote name='Luminaire][color=darkred]Yesterday, I went to change my avatar on myOtaku and it didn't work. I tried about twenty or so avatars, but everytime, the picture remained the same. I've been going to [b]Edit Picture[/b] then choosing a picture from my computer and hitting [b]Upload My Picture[/b']. Then I get the message that my image was uploaded successfully. I go to my site...and voila! It didn't change. Am I doing something wrong?[/color][/quote] Nope, you're not doing anything wrong. Usually it helps to just [B]reload the page[/B] =) Believe me, we're quite a few who've had this problem >.> Good thing it can be solved so easily! I hope doing this works for you too ^_^
AzureWolf Posted July 25, 2005 Posted July 25, 2005 [COLOR=blue]Also, try closing all windows, including your myO site, and then clearing your internet cache. That should remove all problems, unless you are behind a proxy, in which case you will have to wait a few days for the server to accept that a new picture has been loaded.[/COLOR]
Petie Posted July 25, 2005 Posted July 25, 2005 [font=Verdana][color=blue]Though just refreshing the page should be fine. Web browsers cache information for faster load times and a lot of times, that will result in you not seeing your recent update until the browser checks for a new version of the page.[/color][/font]
DDG Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 [font=times new roman][color=#666666]Okay, I have a quick question...how do you remove the avatar on your myO? Because I just redesigned my site today and for this layout I don't want an avatar...but I can't remove the one that I've got now. I'm sure its something simple that I'm just overlooking, but I can't figure it out ^_^;; -DDG[/font][/color]
Petie Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 [font=Verdana][color=blue]I don't actually know if you can do it from the backroom now that I'm looking at it. Here's a way to make it disappear though:[/color][/font] [font=Courier New][color=black][CODE][/CODE][/color][/font][font=Verdana][color=blue]Just put that in your intro (or add it into any already existing CSS if you already have some CSS there) and no more avatar.[/color][/font]
DDG Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 [FONT=Times New Roman][color=#666666]Thanks, Petie. Yeah, I tried a few things and looked all over and I couldn't find any place to actually remove the avatar. The code removed the avatar for me though, so I'm happy about that ^^ -DDG[/FONT][/color]
narutobleachfan Posted July 30, 2005 Posted July 30, 2005 on my site, it doesn't show my post and i know i have posts but they on't show up. does nebody no wut to do.
Petie Posted July 30, 2005 Posted July 30, 2005 [font=Verdana][color=blue]Yes, you forget the end of your embed tag for the flash game as well as the entire tag. Just reply here if you need me to be more specific.[/color][/font]
Pumpkin Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [SIZE=1]I've been having problems trying to get into MyOtaku account. See, I don't remember my password but when I went to type in my email address it says that it doesn't exist. I've tried this plenty of times and I know I typed it in right. Is there anyway you could send me the password yourselfs? This is really frustrating because I know I put it in right and my email is working fine. Hope you get back to me on this one. If I could have my password emailed to me that would be much help since obviously it was changed for some unknown reason. My email is [email]purplefire66@yahoo.com[/email]. Thanks. [/SIZE]
benakittie Posted August 17, 2005 Posted August 17, 2005 [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I've been trying to put a post background for my Otaku site. I copied the code that one of the member's help site, but it didn't really put a background for it. I'm really confused how to do it. I tried several times, but it won't work for me. Guess the basic question here is: How do I put color post background(like using an url.)? I know how to put one on the main website, just wondering how to put one on the inner where the post writing is. I'd really appreiciate the help!![/FONT][/COLOR] :animeswea
dposse Posted September 30, 2005 Posted September 30, 2005 Im having a large problem with the Introduction box in "edit profile". If i press backspace at all in that thing, it deletes EVERYTHING. Why the heck does this happen??? It makes it very hard to change stuff. If anyone can help, that'll be great. Thanks. :) Well, i've found another problem. The picture uploader is messed up. I changed my picture from a picture of Goku to a picture of Maromi. They i change the picture of Maromi to another picture of maromi. The first maromi picture didnt change! Then i tried to change it again to a different picture. Nada. Then i picked a different picture. Guess what? It went back to the picture of Goku! Whats going on? :animeangr
HamanoKumiko Posted January 15, 2006 Posted January 15, 2006 How do you make the background stay still?
TheShinje Posted January 31, 2006 Posted January 31, 2006 [color=crimson]Greetings. I am having problems with linking my ne MyOtaku to my OtakuBoards account, whenever I try to link them up there is a message that pops up telling me that there has been an error and I should contact the administrator. Is there any way to rectify this? I though maybe if the old MyOtaku link in my OB profile was somehow flushed, that it coudl work, unfortunately, I can't seem to erase it. :/ Thanks for your time. -[b]R.R[/color][/b]
Pumpkin Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 [SIZE=1]I've been having big trouble with Myotaku for so long that I can't even get on anymore. It won't send my password to my email. I'm starting to wonder if I got banned for some reason? If any of the mods read this, could you please send me a pm with a new password. As proof, my email is [email]purplefire66@yahoo.com[/email]. Please send it there since it hasn't been sending it to my email stating that "it doesn't exist" when it does. Thank you. [/SIZE]
Desbreko Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 [color=#4B0082]Rapture Ruckus: Okay, I cleared out the info for your previous myOtaku account from your OB profile. Try linking again and see if it works. If it doesn't, I think it's beyond my control and would need an admin of myOtaku to look into it. Pumpkin: Not much I can do about this, I'm afraid. I'd e-mail/PM [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=4616][u]Justin[/u][/url] and see if he can reset your password or something.[/color]
TheShinje Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 [color=crimson] It's still coming up with the error, unfortunately, who are the MyOtaku admins?[/color]
Petie Posted February 6, 2006 Posted February 6, 2006 [color=blue]Des, try this. Take his myOtaku user ID (302930) and manually insert it into the myOtaku User ID field of his profile. That could make it work, though it shouldn't have to be done like this.[/color]
Dagger Posted February 6, 2006 Posted February 6, 2006 Since Des isn't on at the moment, I took the liberty of trying what you suggested, Petie. It doesn't seem to have made a difference, unfortunately. ~Dagger~
Petie Posted February 6, 2006 Posted February 6, 2006 [font=Verdana][color=blue]Hmm... well it was worth a shot. This is an odd problem but I think I realized what might be causing it. Chances are, his OB account ID is already used in the myOtaku database. If it can only be used once, both databases would need to be cleared of link information before you could try to link a different myO account to the same OB account. This is only an idea though.[/color][/font]
Desbreko Posted February 6, 2006 Posted February 6, 2006 [color=#4B0082]You forgot to put in the new myOtaku username along with the ID number, heh. I stuck that in, and the OB-to-myOtaku link is working now, though I don't see a myOtaku-to-OB link on his page. Getting that up would probably require some tinkering in the myOtaku database. Would've tried this to start, except I couldn't remember how to find the myOtaku ID number. ^_^;[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now