OtakuBoards

Senior Prom

Pagan

I can't wait till my senior prom. My class has finally decided on a theme. It came down to The Roaring 20s, The Elizabethan Age, and The Future. We decided on my favorite, The Roaring 20s. I'm getting my suit custom made for my the prom and it is going to be a genuine remake. My date is suppose to be getting a matching dress with pearl beads and stuff. I'm going with my long time girlfriend, we aren't dating now but we promised each other that we were going to prom together. I'm going to be king of course, I mean do I have any competition in my class? I think not.

Anyway....How was your senior prom? What was its theme? Who did you go with?

[color=slategray]
[size=2]That would be awesome to have a 20s theme! I would wear a zoot suit in an instant lol. I actually just covered that age in my US History class. We're about to get into World War Two right now. Anyway, I'm still a sophomore, so I don't have the pleasure of the senior prom. My school is small, however, so I'll be attending the High School Prom (lol). Hopefully when I'm senior we'll be able to raise enough money so that the lower class students don't have to attend.[/size]
[/color]

[color=green]My Senior Prom theme was Titanic. For God's sake, did everthing in 98/99 have to do with that freaking movie? Anyway, it was alright. I went with my boyfriend at the time, but it was close to our breakup, so I paid little attention to him. My favorite thing about my Senior Prom was my dress. It was $20 dollars, and went thruogh 3 Proms that year with me. Mostly the stupid thing was fun because all my friends were there with me.

Prom for my high school was a [b]huge[/b] deal though. The town would come out and watch. They would set up bleachers at the entrance, and just watch the arrivals. They decorations were all out as well. The afternoon before the dance there would be an open-house so everyone could come and see them before they were all torn up. Personally, I never understood all of that.[/color]

[quote name='Molleta][color=green']My Senior Prom theme was Titanic. For God's sake, did everthing in 98/99 have to do with that freaking movie?[/color][/quote][size=1]Yes. Yes, it did, heh. I was in sixth grade, and won Drug Awareness poster contest with a Titanic-themed posted. Supposedly, they used my poster for a billboard, somewhere. (or so I've been told.) Aren't I the cool one? I never saw the movie, though, heh.

I guess I'm a little foggy on the whole concept of Prom/Post-Prom/what-have-you. All our local high schools get together and have a gig at a place down by the lakefront...There are bleachers set up, and a [i]lot[/i] of people come out to [b]watch the seniors walk into the building.[/b]

Right, anyway.

I'm a senior this year, and not planning on going. I'm not really a...party/dance/stuff kind of person. Although I have to admit that [b]Roaring Twenties[/b] is a pretty spiffy theme.

You should get get someone to eat a goldfish. [/size]

[quote name='Sara][size=1']You should get get someone to eat a goldfish. [/size][/quote]

[size=1]I concur.

Actually, Prom was really overrated. I had fun, but then again, it could have been a whole lot better. We had it at the Grand Floridian in Orlando, and it was quite lovely and all, although the best part about it was probably riding the monorail between all the Disney hotels. My prom dress was black and it had this huge slit up the front of my thigh, and I have a picture of me perched up in one of the cars looking like a huge hooker. It's one of my favorite. ^_~

Besides that, the music was horrible, the dance floor was small and cramped and [i]really[/i] slippery and disgusting, and naturally, most of my peers were completely trashed. It's not exactly what I'd call the best evening of my life, but when you're with friends, it makes it worth it.

Oh, don't drink the punch.[/size]

My highschool closed down after my Junior year. So I was stuck going to a new school for my Senior year. Between dealing with that, the loss of all my friends, having to make new friends, dealing with a new school's system of teaching and god knows what else, I just didn't care about Senior prom.

I really don't regret not going. I suppose it's only what you make it... so since I made it into nothing, that's about all it meant to me heh.

[QUOTE=Hells Fire] I'm going to be king of course, I mean do I have any competition in my class? I think not.
[/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Oh, that is so lame. Modesty goes a LONG way, you know. That's why I'm so thankful that my highschool didn't bother will all of the prom king/queen stuff. It's the kind of stupid crap you see in teen movies.

My Senior prom was amazing. I went with Ryan, who I had been dating at the time for a little over a year. Our theme was "An Enchanted Evening in Paradise," but I promise you there were no hula skirts here. I had this HUGE gown, light blue, and everyone called me Cinderella. I even had the white gloves. I felt as though I was truly glowing that night. I have a picture, but I don't feel like going around and looking for it. It was a lot of fun and me and Ryan actually danced a bit this year. ^_^

I was telling him the other night that I missed prom, so he said we should go with my sister and one of her friends as their "official" date, but then the two of us could be together. It was a pretty good idea, until I remember my sister was in a Sophomore homeroom. :P[/color][/size]

I'm undecided on the whole prom thing. On the one hand, our prom will be at Long Beach, which is a really nice place and a good choice for something like this. Plus, it'd be nice to have one last hurrah with a group of friends I'll likely never see again, heh.

On the other hand, the whole thing is expensive as hell and I'm already paying out my *** for other school-related things (3 AP tests = almost $250; stupid fee waivers that I don't qualify for...). Plus, like Sara, I've never been much of a party-type person. I don't particulary care for large crowds and I'd probably end up going solo to the prom, anyway.

So, yeah, I think I'll end up skipping the whole thing.

I wasn't going to go, untill my friends got together and bought me a red skirt that strongly reminded me of Dorthy's red sparkely shoes from The Wizard of OZ, and a really nice white shirt. I had paid for a prom ticket ($25.00) and was planning to go alone, when my mom at the last minute decided not to let me go....

So I couldn't, and was miserable because I just wanted to go and have fun with my friends, before we graduated and whatever.

[size=2][color=slategray]I might be attending my "High School Prom" (as I said earlier, it's the entire high school since my school is small), but I might not because I just broke up with my girlfriend and there is really noone else that I want to go with. I'm not trying to put you all on a guilt trip, we're just on the topic of proms and having a date for it is a large part :p[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#708090]Like I said (again), my school is small, so there aren't alot of people that I like (pretty much not any) in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship perspective. There is one girl that lives in a town about 30 miles away from me (lol) but we became infatuated with each other over Winter Break and I just thought that I might ask her. Hmmmmm *rubs chin*[/color][/size]

Personally, I never saw any reason for a theme for a prom. I find them rather annoying, but i guess it gives the Student government a chance to do something final for the end of the year.

Ours is on April 24th. I can't wait. I've been ecstatic all year for it. I'm taking an Ex of mine, which will be awesome, because I took her to Homecomming. We'll have a good time. There is not much talk of getting a group together, but I'm hoping that my friends and I can get a group together, and get some dang funny T-shirts.

Thats what groups at my school do. We get t-shirts made with all all the names of the couples on the back, and typically a funny phrase on it as well.

w00t for Senior Prom '04!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[size=1][color=red] Prom's a waste of time.

For me, anyway.

Junior here. I don't plan on going, and I doubt I will. I'd rather just sit in my room in the darkness with booming music and write. That far exceeds what any prom can do for me, and that can be done at any night.

Plus, I'm not going to spend some useless amount of money just so I look "nice" for some stupid event either.

It's funny to see how much money some people will waste on this stupid event.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Shinmaru']3 AP tests = almost $250; stupid fee waivers that I don't qualify for...[/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]In the state of Georgia, they pay for us to take the AP test. We only have to pay a $6 fee that pays for the administration of it. Lucky Georgia kids. We also have the HOPE scholarship, which pays for tuition and books if you go to college here in Georgia and keep your GPA about a 3.0. Of course, our funds ARE being depleted, but we still have it. ^_^[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Prom. A bit of a high school cliche, if you ask me. That being so, I still attended the Junior/Senior Prom when I was a Senior in high school and all I got out of it were mixed feelings and an event that could have been better and more memorable, but was less so than I would have wanted.

::Breathes in and prepares for dumb sob story::

So my girlfriend (my first one ever, and I was 17) and I had been dating for around 6 months and we had been planning for prom a long time, getting all the good stuff taken care of and really looking forward to it since it would be my first (and only) prom. Anyways, fast forward to about a week/week.5 before the prom and out of nowhere, while I'm working on an important Physics project, she calls up and breaks up with me for no apparent reason over the phone. Dumbstruck, I still finish the project but consequentially had a lot on my mind for the whole time. So instead of going with the girl I liked (loved even, and still do) I went with the girl who broke my heart and ruined a good thing that I only have the chance to do once in a lifetime.

So yeah, I kind of have a thing against prom and I am also still quite bitter about things in the relationship/dating category even after nearly a year since the incident. But hey, at least some people out there are having fun and magical times at their proms. I wouldn't wish the immense amount of emotional pain I felt within the span of a week on anyone else.

And if this post makes you laugh a bit at my misfortune and sounds all mushy and just a case of lost puppy love, so be it.[/SIZE]

Well, California's funding on stuff like that is pretty much going down the tubes, so any programs to help pay for AP tests are pretty much being depleted. We DO have a fee waiver that brings down each test to $6 but it's pretty much given to those who really, really need it.

There's another fee waiver that drops the price of the test by $20 but I don't qualify for that one, either. What sucks is that it's not a question of grades but the fact that my parents make too much money -__- And they don't even make that much more than the limit, so we'll been in a bit of a jam when it comes to scrounging up money. Luckily, there are fundraisers and stuff, so it won't be [i]too[/i] difficult.

Not going to prom should free up some money, though :p

[color=violet]New York State pays for the AP tests and just liek teh GA students we have to pay the $6.00 fee.

As for the Senior prom. I went-by myself-then met up with my friends. I didn't really date that much in high school.

The theme of our prom was save the best for last (I graduated in 99) so they played that lame Vanessa Willaims Save the Best For Last song about 10 times. The rest of the music was pop and DMB. Oh and we had blue, gold and white baloons and such everywhere. Those were the school colors.

We had it at the River SIde COnvention Center downtown. So if anyone got bored with the bad music a person could go outside and look at the Genessee river and the rest of downtown. My friends and I mostly stayed outside even tho it was cold (yes, it was May, but this is New York!)

My dress was pretty coool tho. I got it for $72.00 at a consignment shop.

Still the best part of the night was Prime Time with the games and aeverything-then breakfast when this stuck up popular girl spilled milk on herself so it looked like she wet her pants. I got a picture of that since I thought it was fitting. I am so mean![/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange] [SIZE=1] [FONT=Trebuchet MS] I'm not all that excited about the actualy Prom part of prom. We have the big shin-dig at festival hall Sara was talking about. I am, however, excited about what I'm gonna wear. I have this whole plan with a shin length, black dress, pearls, and little gloves. I have no idea why I'm so excited about it, but I'm really looking forward to dressing up.
Maybe because I never do.
Or it could just be because I have the subconcious urge to be a normal teenager.

(take that psych. class!)

I probably won't have a date, and I'll end up people watching the whole time, but It'll be fun.

My friends have also somehow gotten me to help plan a prom dance at my school. We go to Post-Prom, but never have a dance because the school is so small that we can't afford it. My friends want to ax the Dj and just play mixed CDs.
Like I said, I really don't know why/how I'm the one planning this.[/font] [/size] [/color]

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Heh. I, like some one else up there (sorry for not checking your name) will get back to you in a few years.

However, I can see myself spending prom night at home, on the computer, happily surfing the internet and chatting with all my internet chums, and never thinking about the event. It's not that I look down on people who get excited about dances and the like--hurray for them!--but it's just not *me*._ _U

Oh well, maybe I'll "understand when I'm older" or something of that nature. Anyway, have fun.

*shrugs and walks off, quite possibly into something*[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkRed]I'm really lookin' forward to my senior prom. I don't know the theme yet. It's up to the Junior class to put it on, so they pick the the theme. I was on Prom committee last year. We did "Midnight in the Garden". It was really pretty, and we had a lot of fun with it. I had a great time at the dance, but my date was a crappy graduate who'd just broken up with one of the seniors. He went mostly to make her jealous. Even weirder, he was my friend's older brother... yeah...just a bit weird...
I'm thinkin' I'm gonna go w/ a junior this year. Most of the guys in my class are taken/gay/jerks, so they don't really work.
Have fun at your Prom, Tony! I'm gonna laugh [I]really[/I] hard if you don't end up as Prom King. We had an upset at Winter Homecoming. An honors girl, Clare, and the most quiet guy in our class, Joe, won royalty. It was awesome![/COLOR][/FONT]