OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

Shippuuden isn't what I'd call fast-paced. They definitely take their time getting things accomplished. The story itself is still pretty good, but they could improve when it comes to moving everything forward. It can be hard to stay patient at times, knowing what is coming from having read the manga, but since I [I]did[/I] and am [I]still[/I] reading the manga, I realize where the story heads, and that's enough to make me settle down and wait for it. Key fight sequences that were astounding in the manga can and have been made even more enjoyable in the anime. The scenes I most want to see are yet to be animated. That's really why I'm hanging in there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TwistedChick']Shippuuden isn't what I'd call fast-paced. They definitely take their time getting things accomplished. The story itself is still pretty good, but they could improve when it comes to moving everything forward. It can be hard to stay patient at times, knowing what is coming from having read the manga, but since I [I]did[/I] and am [I]still[/I] reading the manga, I realize where the story heads, and that's enough to make me settle down and wait for it. Key fight sequences that were astounding in the manga can and have been made even more enjoyable in the anime. The scenes I most want to see are yet to be animated. That's really why I'm hanging in there.[/QUOTE]

Twisted Chick i have to agree with you but i think its just the feeling we get because we've just had to sit through 60+ episodes of fillers.

• 11 months later...
Ok. I just got done reading the newest chapter of Shippuden and...wow. Is it just me, or has naruto's character really changed? I mean, he's stopped being so hot-headed, he thinks before he acts, and most of all he not just "all bark and no bite" anymore! He can actually kick some serious tail now!

I used to hate Naruto's character. I was all for Shika, Choji, and Lee. Naruto and Sasuke didn't interest me at all. But now that he actually has power, smarts, and level headedness, I feel differently. What do you think?

I'll try to do this without spoiling so much since this is the anime thread, and you're talking about the manga. (You should join us in the manga area, Jonny.)

I wouldn't say he's progressed so much when it comes to being level headed. Latest chapter is proof of that. (Bias talk, ignore it lol) But your other points are true. With that said though, I still don't like him. I don't think there's much Kishi can do to the character to change my opinion on that now. The only thing I'll admit is that Naruto's gained my respect a bit.

Now for the anime... As we all know I don't watch subs, so I haven't been watching this. However, I did manage to peak at the episode where [spoiler]Kakashi was fighting Hidan and Kakuzu/o(?). (Choji and Ino continues to prove why they're worthless.)[/spoiler]

The fighting was really good, and I was real impressed with Kakashi and how he handled himself against both opponents. Comparing this particular episode to the manga chapter(s), I have to say that the anime is actually a lot better than the manga. (That's the only time you'll see me say that.)

My opinion on the series is pretty much the same as it's always been. Nothing all that good here. Just some good moments.

• 1 month later...
I was lucky enough to be introduced to Naruto by my cousin who gave me the DVDs of all the Shippuden he had at the time (subs of course, I wouldn't have it any other way). I was a little hesitant because a buddy of mine was way into it and I had caught part of a dubbed episode of Pre-Time-Skip Naruto and thought Naruto sounded like Kathy Griffin, ugh!:animeangr

But, as fate would have it, I wound up having surgery last summer so I was bedridden and had all the time in the world to watch Shippuden (the way it should be watched) for the first time.

I was floored time and time again and I remember thinking how upset I would have been if I would have had to wait on each episode every week since I was furiously going through them as quickly as possible just to see what happened next. Of course, I have watched them all and I stuck with Dattebayo until the end after that. Now I am waiting every week for a short fix to barely hold me over til the next week. It sucks, but I am a diehard fan. :animesmil

• 7 months later...
[size=1][color=navy]Yeah.... Um, I decided to check out the latest episode, and to be honest, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Mainly because I already know what's going to happen [spoiler], and I'm such an evil prick for liking the end results... :devil:[/spoiler]. The way it's been animated is nicely done.

Speaking of animation, something I noticed in this episode as well as the episode where Kakashi and Shikimaru fights Hidan and Kakuzo is that it has the same animated style that's in the earlier episodes.. (Lee vs Gaara, Sasuke vs Naruto, Sasuke vs Orochimaru) The thing that strikes out at me is that the character models are less hideous looking. (Studio Perrot, you finally got it right.) Now if only there's some consistency with it, I'll be a happy camper.

I'm curious about the opening as well. Are those spoilers for the fight between Sasuke and Itachi or is that just something thrown together? Is that fight going to be animated like it is in the opening? (That'll be some good stuff if it is.)

Oh yeah, I also decided to check out the Naruto Shippuden movie... A lot of lows... Nice fight scenes, but after reading the manga, seeing Naruto's progression and whatnot, it was pretty hard to not be annoyed with Naruto with the way he was acting. Rash and stupid. [spoiler]He's still stupid, but a less rash.[/spoiler] Like the other Naruto movies, I wouldn't watch it again because of the annoyance factor.[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Tahoma]I also read the manga and knew what was going to happen, but the latest episode in the anime still got to me. Especially when [spoiler]Jiraiya[/spoiler] starts talking about all his failures in life. :( Very sad episode. [/FONT]

[size=1][color=navy]Oh my... The anime nailed the latest episode. Even I almost got choked up and I don't even like [spoiler]Jiraya[/spoiler]. [spoiler]That toad at the end looking at Tsunade will definately hit a lot of people.[/spoiler] This can be a decent anime when it's not plagued with idiocracy (NARUTO) and crappy pacing, although I have to admit that there haven't been any problems with the pacing lately.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Oh my... The anime nailed the latest episode. Even I almost got choked up and I don't even like [spoiler]Jiraya[/spoiler]. [spoiler]That toad at the end looking at Tsunade will definately hit a lot of people.[/spoiler] This can be a decent anime when it's not plagued with idiocracy (NARUTO) and crappy pacing, although I have to admit that there haven't been any problems with the pacing lately.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Ah but you're forgetting what's coming next Magus, the infamous [spoiler]it's all a genjutsu! fight between Sasuke and Itachi[/spoiler]. Though I have to admit I am kinda looking forward to seeing it being animated.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Even though that fight ended because of a technicality, I still liked the fight. (And I'm an action 1st type of guy. Action first, worry about the other stuff later, when it comes to anime that is lol) And I'm an Itachi fan. What I should be worried about is the stuff afterwards. [spoiler]The long focus on Sasuke. The Plot Jutsu from Pain, and all this confession crap.[/spoiler] Although I do think a filler might be coming up soon since the anime is fairly close to the manga.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=2][SIZE=1]I dont think it would be that wise if they put up a filler, yes. It will make things off track right now, but if they do decide to put up one, they'd have to do it real well. Otherwise the pacing would be thrown off. Either way, they should just stick to the manga path for now.

I still hate how sensei died. There wasnt that much flare into it, unlike in the manga. Then again I would have preferred if he didnt die at all. But that cant be. -sigh-[/SIZE] :animecry:[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I thought they already did have a bit of a mini filler with that other kid? Or was that in the manga?(Forgot how to use the spoiler thing so yeah... wont mention it but if you've seen it you know anyway.)

Anyway I probably love this show more than most 24 year old's should. *coughs* Tattoos... (Then again the husband has Bleach tats so eh) Kinda fallen behind with where the episodes have gone up to though, I caught up with it up till a little after the Hidan and Kakuzu fight and then started catching up again with Bleach. So I'm again behind...

Manga wise I have read a lot of it, not all of it, but mostly I'll check in on it so I know whats coming and basically wait for it to be animated. Some fights I really wanna see but at the same time really don't. It's always gotta be my faves who bite the dust. Course most of my faves are the baddies so that's kinda to be expected.

I dunno there isn't a character on there that I really hate or dislike. Kinda glad they had Sakura grow up more after the fillers were over. She was heading into that beyond annoying part for me. It's more amusing to see her hit people than it is to see her act like a cry baby, boy chasing, moron. Though I suppose they replaced the old her with Karin, behavior wise anyway.

• 5 months later...
[font=franklin gothic medium][color=red]Decided to bring this back since I just watched the latest episode. (And the manga thread gets enough attention as is alread) Err... They had all that great stuff before this arc, and it seemed like as soon as the [spoiler]Pein invasion[/spoiler] started, everything went downhill. The previous episode, the animation was horrible, and this latest episode the pacing was horrible. Was there really a need for recaps/flashbacks just to show "The Will of Fire" >_>.

I understand that they were trying to save [spoiler]Kakashi vs Pein[/spoiler] for the build up, but seriously, animators or whoever's behind production know good and well that they could've at least started the fight. You'd think they'd have all the pacing issues with arcs before this one, but noooo, they handle previous arcs perfect pacing and animation, but mess up on the biggest arc yet.

I know I'm ranting here, but this is part of the main stuff that usually turns me away from a shonen series. (the other part is characters)

Hopefully when the actual fights break out the animation team will step its game up.

[size=1]I know, a lot of color changing going on here. I'm trying to find a color that suits me. :)[/size][/font][/color]

• 2 months later...
Err... Playing catch up here.

Ep. 165
Truthfully, my beef with the latest 3 episodes is the animation. (I'm an artwork/animation buff. I care for animation/art far more than story) I know it should be excused because it is shonen, but I just can't stand inconsistency. I think from the time Hidan and Kakuzu appeared all the way up to Sasuke and Bee's fight the animation have been nothing short of amazing. Then here we have this fight between Naruto and Pein turning out to be lackluster. (Truthfully, everything took a dive as soon as this invasion started... I was expecting some great stuff between Kakashi and Pein)

Eps. 166-167
The fighting was good, but it was hard for me to really enjoy it because the art was horrible. This was like looking at that Sasuke vs Naruto fight where Naruto looked like he was supposed to be a missle or something. Hideous character models... yuck. This is what causes me to drop series (when excessive fans don't cause me to drop it first). But don't get me wrong, despite the horrible animation and hideous character models I still enjoyed the 2 episodes. Pein proved that he was that deal and continues to be my 2nd favorite character in this series. (No ones topping Itachi) I practically laughed everytime Hinata was getting blown away (I know. As wrong/evil as that sound, I can't help it. I thought it was funny)

Hopefully animators get their act together for some of the later fights, particularly the one coming up soon.