OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Plum]Yeah I watch Naruto. It's my favorite anime at the moment actually. =3
The first time I actually saw it was on Cartoon Network. Ugh. I hate that channel..
My cousin showed it to me actually.. Once I found out I could watch it on Youtube, that's when I actually got into it more. I prefered to watch it in subs instead, the dubs kinda suck to me. Then, I got into the manga and stuff. As I got farther into it..there came the fillers. They just kept coming and coming. Some were funny, but most of them were pretty boring to me. For some parts of Naruto, I prefered to watch it dubbed, but I mostly watched it in subs. This is the best ninja anime I've ever watched so far I guess. =3[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AzureWolf][COLOR=maroon']Sorry to spam and bother everyone, but ss Naruto done with the fillers yet? I'm referring to one airing in Japan and not the CN series, which is still awesome.[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=dimgray] Fillers are still in, and we still don't know when they're going to end.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Meh, apparently in the [URL=http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump]Weekly Jump Journal [/URL] updated stating that Masashi Kishimoto slipped in a note stating that the fillers will end somewhere in spring of 2007.

Do I know if this is true? No not really since it is only another Naruto rumor as of now and we all know what a rumor can turn into. As far as I will say, if they end, then they end and millions upon millions of Naruto fans will sing and dance in pleasure of the start of the [spoiler]Time skip[/spoiler]

So what do you think? Is this Fact or Fiction?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
So what do you think? Is this Fact or Fiction?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
[SIZE=1]Ummm....I think i'm going to have to say fiction. Mainly because I have heard so many rumors before of when they will end over and over again, and they are never right. But I really hope i'm wrong, because i'm like everybody else, I want to see the filler's die. But , meh, you never know, they could end sooner than that....^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Kurayami Oji][size=1][COLOR=DarkRed]But , meh, you never know, they could end sooner than that....^^[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
*Dies from laughter :animesmil *

But seriously...lol

I'm hoping it's true...........

But I'm not gonna be optimistic this time....the Naruto fillers are like an abusive boyfriend (or girlfriend...<,<)....

They keep saying they'll change, and start doing crap that will matter later, only to crush your dreams with disappoint when you next see them. :(

You say, "I thought you said you would change!" and they'll response with "Eh, I say a lot of things." :animesigh

Excuse my rant-ish-ness, it's just...I'm tried of the Naruto fillers constant false promise. They think they can just get away with it all because I keep coming back to watch, but not this time!

Instead, I'll watch [insert name of any other anime here]! That'll learn 'em! :flaming:

So, anyway, I want it to be true, but alas, I have been deceived one to many times. :animenose [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well today actually confirmed it and yes, the fillers are finally ending sometime around febuary and.. the new series will be named..

[spoiler]ナルト:疾風伝 / Naruto Shippuu-den, or Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles.[/spoiler]

Which kind of makes sense, seeing as Naruto is a [spoiler]wind element[/spoiler] user. However it is finally good to see the long hated fillers come to an end.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest xshihinx
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I hate the fillers SO much! So that's when the Kakashi Gaiden is starting? OH GOODIE! Kakashi is my favorite character!!! :animeblus Although.... er, what ever. I'm kinda(am) new to Otaku Boards and MyOtaku.... Oh wells! And I need serious help with my siggy..... XD[/FONT] [/COLOR]

Well I guess that could be true, but the anime is so far behind it makes me want to cry :animecry: . It may take AT LEAST 1 and a half years to catch up with the manga at the rate the're going and the manga keeps getting translated a chapter a week. I guess I like to read it more than wait for the anime at this point of time.

Naruto has been dropped by Dattebayo.

In other news I kinda stopped watching Naruto after ep 151, because I got tired of the fillers quickly. I decided I wasn't gonna start watching again until the timeskip arc began. Guess I'll be attempting to learn Japanese soon so I can watch the raws.

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Meh I don't really think that they are dropping the series at all, since they do tend to mess around with the populace for no reason at all. Partially since many of the things they said were really contradictory. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[quote name='Tallgeese-']I heard that they take out a lot of the dialog from the Japanese series in the American series. Anyone know if it's true? This guy claims that the American version doesn't even follow the right story line but I doubt they would do that.[/quote]

well it is the same story line, but the dialog is no where near the same. "believe it!!" :animeangr . to me the japanese verson is much beter and I haven't yet herd naruto say "believe it" once, if that bothers you like it does me; but I gave up on the american verson so idk if it is different, but as far as I can tell from skimming the episodes its practically the same.

[quote name='Shane12_01']"believe it!!" :animeangr . to me the japanese verson is much beter and I haven't yet herd naruto say "believe it" once, if that bothers you like it does me[/quote]"Dattebayo!" ;) They don't sub it, but he says it after nearly every sentence, haha. I looked it up and aparently it's something like.. ya know; there are other variations he supposedly uses, but honestly I only really notice this one. When they dub it you're going to notice it more of course, but it's essentially there nonetheless. So you have heard it, just haven't read it.

I started watching Naruto about a year ago, I think, and only recently caught up completely a couple weeks ago. The anime is great, and I love some of the themes despite how obvious they make them. :p Rock Lee is by far my favorite character for the extent to which he always pushes himself at every task, which I find very inspiring. He's also damn cool for keeping up with everyone just by using taijutsu.

The fillers aren't that great, but I can't stop myself from downloading the episode every week and watching more. Sure, I could read the manga or avoid watching them, but.. it will be so rewarding once I reach the story again. Not to mention I don't really read much manga, since I usually find out about the anime first and would rather watch that.

As for the dub version, I don't watch it. I've seen part of an episode and was somewhat horrified, but that was probably mostly because I was used to the sub. However, I noticed that the voices resembled something like what I'd normally find in a cartoon here in America - slightly more bubbly and similar among the characters. My Japanese friend tells me that Naruto is targeted to middle schoolers in Japan, though, and while I could care less in terms of myself watching it, it would make sense to target to the same audience over here. And that seems to entail watering it down a bit, at least from my perspective.

[QUOTE=Syk3]
Rock Lee is by far my favorite character for the extent to which he always pushes himself at every task, which I find very inspiring. He's also damn cool for keeping up with everyone just by using taijutsu.

[/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray]Another Gai-fan! :D I don't think anyone in Naruto is actually [i]cooler[/i] than Gai. Better characters, yes, but cool-factor? Nah.

In other news... the announcement of fillers ending next spring have come a bit too late for me. >_> The fillers and the manga slump have made me lose a good bit of interest in the series. Hopefully the true episodes will get me back on board. Imagining the amazing fight scenes that can come from the [spoiler] Saving Gaara[/spoiler] arc make my toes tingle. And just seeing timejump!Naruto and Sakura. :] [/color]

• 4 weeks later...
Ok I know about 85% of the naruto watching population think Naruto and Hinata should hook up but drop the favoratism. I love hinata but Naruto just does not see her in that light. where he has liked sakura from the start, and even though she is one of the most annoying characters in the series thier personallities match very well. just to me naruto and sakura. Oh and what ever other character pairning you believe are good too

don't take any personal offense Hinata x Naruto fanss . :animesigh
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]I've merged your thread with the already existing Naruto thread. Next time be sure to check the offical thread directory before starting an anime specific thread. If this is unclear, a quick re-read of the rules of the Anime Lounge will clear things up. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]