OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Seriously... as everyone's noticed, there's been 61 episodes of fillers so far. I think Naruto has earned the World Record for longest running fillers, ever... :animesigh

Did any one notice the quality of Episode 191?
;_;

...This really hurts...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Naruto is tight I finally cought up with the Dub!! Ha I know I didnt really notice it until you showed this to me lol that looks terrable I wish they took there time on that episode. I know 61 fillers for a anime is crazy i hope soon they will start to talk about the akuhishi clan (you know the clan with Itachi)
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT]Please do not use the entire quote, especially when the person you are responding to will know what you are referring too. Any time the quote is longer than your reply, it's a good indication that you need to shorten it. You can remove stuff between the quote tags just like I did. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Seriously... as everyone's noticed, there's been 61 episodes of fillers so far. I think Naruto has earned the World Record for longest running fillers, ever... :animesigh

Did any one notice the quality of Episode 191?

;_;

...This really hurts...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Oh. My. Godiva. Those pictures made my eyes bleed in sympathy and depression for them not doing justice to Naruto. Seriously, I think I'm going blind. High quality animation... done poorly.

Regarding filler episodes... I don't like filler, but I rather them have filler than catch up with the manga and diverge from Kishimoto's intended storyline. When anime overtakes the manga, it can have some disastrous results.

They [I]could[/I] end up with a big hit even doing things vastly different from the manga like in FMA's case, but do you want them to go off filler if it means different storylines and *shudder* never seeing the real, Masashi Kishimoto crafted ending in animated glory? [SIZE=1]Although, looking at the screenshots, glory is not the right word for that episode. ><[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=silver_blade]

Regarding filler episodes... I don't like filler, but I rather them have filler than catch up with the manga and diverge from Kishimoto's intended storyline. When anime overtakes the manga, it can have some disastrous results.

They [I]could[/I] end up with a big hit even doing things vastly different from the manga like in FMA's case, but do you want them to go off filler if it means different storylines and *shudder* never seeing the real, Masashi Kishimoto crafted ending in animated glory? [SIZE=1]Although, looking at the screenshots, glory is not the right word for that episode. ><[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] I whole-heartedly agree with you on this matter, but isn't there enough manga right now for the anime to start catching up? Though I no expert on this... does anyone know when the Naruto manga started and when the Naruto anime started? That way we could get a good estimate of how much the manga has to be ahead of the anime before animators can follow the original storyline.

But my guess is that if Naruto went off into another direction, it'd be a disaster. Like a repeat of Rurouni Kenshin... if that happened, I'd be devastated. [/color]

The manga started in November 1999 and the anime in October of 2002 according to Wikipedia (too lazy to check other sources at the moment). So that's about 3 years ahead, and they still have to have 61 episodes of filler. It mainly depends on how much the production crew fleshes out the episodes from the original source, and what kind of pacing they set. I think they could probably have gotten away with an extra episode or two early into the show, but not with the current manga storyline.

RuroKen's disaster did pop into my mind while thinking of Naruto. Even Naruto's immense popularity might not be enough to keep it going if they change the storyline. I was wondering what the reaction would be if they left the series open-ended and just let the story be finished out in the manga, like what happened to Inuyasha. I know I would start screaming.

Well in those pic it looks like naruto is getting fatter, yea the animes been having a lot of fillers and every one hates them(i think lol) but i hope they don't go in a nother derction with it. Kishimoto doesn't draw all the stuff so might have been a new helper/assistant who messed it up.

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='silver_blade']The manga started in November 1999 and the anime in October of 2002 according to Wikipedia (too lazy to check other sources at the moment). So that's about 3 years ahead,[/quote]

Wow, when I read that the first idea to come into my head was three years of fillers... thats to scary to even think of again.

For me though, I am actually alright with fillers, even though I must watch all of these awesome battle scenes take place out in the manga as while cuddling in my "spechul" corner waiting to see the combat in the anime[spoiler], I mean come on! Naruto Vs Orochimaru fight will defintly be orgasmic![/spoiler] So far though it seems as if there will be fillers through episode 197. It just seems kinda right to make them all end on episode 200 for some reason.

Yet if they go over 200, I am going to Japan to do some horrible horrible things, anyone care to join me? [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Wow, when I read that the first idea to come into my head was three years of fillers... thats to scary to even think of again.

For me though, I am actually alright with fillers, even though I must watch all of these awesome battle scenes take place out in the manga as while cuddling in my "spechul" corner waiting to see the combat in the anime[spoiler], I mean come on! Naruto Vs Orochimaru fight will defintly be orgasmic![/spoiler] So far though it seems as if there will be fillers through episode 197. It just seems kinda right to make them all end on episode 200 for some reason.

Yet if they go over 200, I am going to Japan to do some horrible horrible things, anyone care to join me? [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray]I'm pretty sure it'll go over 200... unless over in Japan they have no problems with fillers and don't announce when Naruto is getting back on track. However, my want to see Kakashi Gaiden animated is killing me. I just re-read volume 27 and I'm secretly dying inside.

Also to address the fight scenes in Naruto... I really, really, really want to see another episode like 133. Before I watched 133 all I was hearing was ragging on the animation, but when I watched it I was [b]blown away[/b]. I have no [i]idea[/i] what the people who didn't like it were thinking, that's how much I'm willing to defend it. It was so much better than the normal quality of Naruto fight scenes.

*wibble* Now that I think of it, if they did the same quality animation of 133 with the fight between [spoiler]Sakura, Chiyo, and Sasori[/spoiler] I'd have a fangasm. The sheer amount of oppurtinities for fluid and quick animation makes me excited just thinking about. [/color]

I'm definitly looking forward to the [spoiler]Sakura/Chiyo vs Sasori fight[/spoiler], it was a great read and they could really make it look pretty awesome. None of the other fights really stood out maybe with the exception of [spoiler]Team Gai fighting their own clones, and Gai's fight with Kisame[/spoiler].

Also they better make Shikamaru [spoiler]debuting his new technique against Sai's drawings[/spoiler] look cool.

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Man why are they making way to many side episodes its starting to get annoying... I hope that they accually go with the real story soon like when naruto is fifteen and the [spoiler]akuhishi clan tries to get him because of the kyuubi[/spoiler] it shoild be much better then these side episodes.

Guest athrunsgurl
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Orange]Well, first of all, the bridge episodes were a huge bore :sleep: cause all they basically did was talk, I only liked it cause there were sasusaku moments and Haku was awesome.
In my opinion though, Naruto get's interesting toward the chunin exams. I'm reading the manga and trying to keep up with the anime at the same time. I got sick of waiting for fillers so I just watched the other eps on youtube , they were fansubbed, but still, I'm up to the part where [spoiler] sasuke fights Gaara in the chunin exams, actually, I'm just at the part where sasuke arrives for his match, looks like Kakashi's rubbing off on sasuke [/spoiler] but I still think there's too much talking in the anime to really get into it for a whole episode. well, I can't wait til Itachis comes in though, I love him. Uchiha's rule ^-^[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/FONT] :animesigh [COLOR=Orange]that was a lot of typing for me...[/COLOR]

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Oh ya your following the Naruto in english, Well it really does get a lot better when [spoiler] Garra and Rock Lee fight I like when Lee opens the fifth gate he kicks some but!![/spoiler] Well What are they showing in English right now? This is also a good part! [spoiler] Its also pretty tight when Itachi and Kisame come and Itachi used the Tsukuyomi power on Kakashi. Well I could tell more but it might spoil someone if they read this[/spoiler]

Guest Psygirl
[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hmm... I'm new to Otakuboards so I'm not really sure how to use it... :animeswea SO I just decided to say that NARUTO IS AWESOME!! :catgirl: Soo.. who's ur favorite Naruto character? Mine I have decided is Rock Lee! He funny... No, I'm not a fangirl... Or am I? You shall never know! Muhahahahahaha! Kakashi is probably second. I haven't organized a list yet... So I ask again, who's ur fav character and also, why?! Ok, Byez!!!!!!!!! :animestun NARUTO ROX!!![/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#234d8a][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Welcome to Otakuboards [B]Psygirl[/B]!

Although we are happy to know that you are so excited for the wonderious anime known as Naruto. I want to direct your attention towards the Official Otakuboards [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/URL], the[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?] FAQ[/URL] as well as the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269]how to post in the anime lounge[/URL]. In said documents you would be able to see that we do not allow multiples of the same topic. So I merged your thread with the official Naruto! thread. If there is an anime that you want to talk about and it is not on the front page, divert your eyes in the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208]Official Anime thread Directory[/URL] IF you have any questions feel fee to PM either myself or any other moderator. ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest heruka
Gaara was cool. [spoiler] I mean, Kishimoto overdid the whole lonely kid bit, but it was a good contrast to Naruto. However, I really disliked the whole Gaara reborn idea within the manga. [/spoiler]

On a more random note, I think I am one of very few people who are actually enjoying the anime for its arcs. :animeshy:

Gaara pretty much scares me especially when [spoiler]he tried to kill Rock Lee while he was in the infermary after he had beat him in the prelims.[/spoiler].But I do think he's pretty cool. :animesmil.he and Naruto have something in common though.The fact that [spoiler]they both have some kind of monster sealed inside them but Gaara's is i think one of the kazekage's of the Village Hidden in the Sand.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Azarath]Gaara pretty much scares me especially when [spoiler]he tried to kill Rock Lee while he was in the infermary after he had beat him in the prelims.[/spoiler].But I do think he's pretty cool. :animesmil.he and Naruto have something in common though.The fact that [spoiler']they both have some kind of monster sealed inside them but Gaara's is i think one of the kazekage's of the Village Hidden in the Sand.[/spoiler][/quote]
Actually:

[spoiler]The monster sealed inside Gaara, according to the anime, is the spirit of a corrupted priest in the sand village.[/spoiler]

Or maybe I'm mistaken, it was something like that.

[QUOTE=Ayi]Actually:

[spoiler]The monster sealed inside Gaara, according to the anime, is the spirit of a corrupted priest in the sand village.[/spoiler]

Or maybe I'm mistaken, it was something like that.[/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] No, Gaara definitely has the one-tailed bijuu in him. Where did you get the thing about the corrupted priest...? [/color]

Guest Ichibi-Shukaku
qoute from wikipedia

[spoiler]Shukaku is said to be the corrupted spirit of a Sand Priest turned demon. He was originally sealed inside a tea kettle and then placed inside its first Jinchūriki. He was sealed inside Gaara by Chiyo on the orders of Gaara's father, the Fourth Kazekage, by using Gaara's mother as a sacrifice. Shukaku has had two other Jinchūriki before Gaara, both of whom died when Shukaku was extracted from them.[/spoiler]

the first paragraph anyways

[COLOR=#234d8a][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ichibi-Shukaku when giving away infromation that some people may not be as far in a series as others use spoiler tags, I have added them into your post this is for future reference~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray'] No, Gaara definitely has the one-tailed bijuu in him. Where did you get the thing about the corrupted priest...? [/color][/quote]
Well, seeing as the quote from wikipedia proves it, then it seems I was correct after all.

[quote name='Ichibi-Shukaku][spoiler']Shukaku is said to be the corrupted spirit of a Sand Priest turned demon. He was originally sealed inside a tea kettle and then placed inside its first Jinchūriki. He was sealed inside Gaara by Chiyo on the orders of Gaara's father, the Fourth Kazekage, by using Gaara's mother as a sacrifice. Shukaku has had two other Jinchūriki before Gaara, both of whom died when Shukaku was extracted from them.[/spoiler][/quote]

Ichibi-Shukaku, you should prolly use spoiler tags next time. There's a big chance there's some Naruto fans don't know that yet. So yea, just a future reference.

Wait, I thought the Shukaku was a demon of the sand or something, could the Shukaku reallly be the currupted spirit of the Sand Priest? And where in the anime or manga did it ever talk about the victims of the Jinchuriki before Gaara?

I'm confused... :animestun

Guest Kunoichi Girl
[spoiler]Doesn't Gaara die because of Akatsuki's two members Deidra and Sasori extract the demon from him?[/spoiler]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Kunoichi Girl please remeber to add spoiler tags when dealing with infromation that reveals a major change in the plot of a story. I have added them for you on this post ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Jubei Yagyou][spoiler]No.[/spoiler] Eventually [spoiler']Chiyo and Sakura defeat Sasori and Chiyo revives Gaara by giving him her life energy. I'm not sure if Gaara still is a Jinchuuriki though.[/spoiler][/quote]

Can you tell me about that part? Or anything that gives me a clue on how the heck [spoiler]Sakura and some Chiyo person (probably just as weak) can beat the all mighty Sasori of the Akatsuki clan that has made a name to be quite unbeatable.[/spoiler]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Triple Fixed ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=uchihagirl]Can you tell me about that part? Or anything that gives me a clue on how the heck [spoiler]Sakura and some Chiyo person (probably just as weak) can beat the all mighty Sasori of the Akatsuki clan that has made a name to be quite unbeatable.[/spoiler]

T-T I don't know how to use the spoiler text.[/QUOTE]

I can't do spoiler text either so please look away if you dont want to know what happens. [spoiler]The old women isnt as weak as you think in fact she is the one that taught sasori what he knows how to do. Also Sakura isnt weak either she has become pretty strong the combined power of both were enough to cripple and beat the akatsuki and i doubt he was unbeatable my assumption was that he was one of the weaker members of akatsuki...[/spoiler]
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][strike]Fixed ~Ikillion[/strike]

Double fixed ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]