SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have only seen what cartoon network has shown.But I do think its a good anime.I do plan to start buying the boxsets soon.I found one place that sells it subtitled.It comes on 8 boxsets all the way till episode 106.Is that the end or are there more shows?I know there's a movie.Also need to see that.And I didn't get to vote in the poll.But I would say Rock Lee.Just because I have only seen Gaara in action once so far. And I'm not really into Sasuke.

[quote name='Inuyasha311']So far I have only seen what cartoon network has shown.But I do think its a good anime.I do plan to start buying the boxsets soon.I found one place that sells it subtitled.It comes on 8 boxsets all the way till episode 106.Is that the end or are there more shows?I know there's a movie.Also need to see that.And I didn't get to vote in the poll.But I would say Rock Lee.Just because I have only seen Gaara in action once so far. And I'm not really into Sasuke.[/quote]

There is actually a box-set up to episode 148. As far as legit sets go, the rest would be obtained as bootlegs, but from what i've seen they are of rather good quality. I don't have much love for a majority of the fillers after the [spoiler]rescue sasuke[/spoiler] arc, with the exceptions of a few comical episodes and the scent bug mission.

It is an ongoing series so episodes are still being released. According to the manga there are atleast 2 more arcs to be created, as i'm sure will come with plenty of fillers. As of now there are 188 episodes.

[quote name='BKstyles']There is actually a box-set up to episode 148. As far as legit sets go, the rest would be obtained as bootlegs, but from what i've seen they are of rather good quality.[/quote]Legitimately, Naruto hasn't come out subtitled yet. The first boxset is coming out in July, but don't expect them to be near Cartoon Network, since it will only contain 13 episodes.

Any Naruto DVDs with subtitles that you see on the shelves today are bootleg, and illegal. The boxsets differentiate in number, as does the quality, because they're done by different groups. Buy bootlegs at your own risk, but don't complain about quality when you do.

I always wondered why people would pay for HK Subs when they can get them for free. If you're going to be so cheap that you wont buy the official DVDs, get the fansubs. If you're going to shell out money, you might as well support the companies that are making the products.

[url=http://www.animenation.com/d-nrbs1.html][b]Link[/b][/url]

-r2

[QUOTE=r2vq]Legitimately, Naruto hasn't come out subtitled yet. The first boxset is coming out in July, but don't expect them to be near Cartoon Network, since it will only contain 13 episodes.

Any Naruto DVDs with subtitles that you see on the shelves today are bootleg, and illegal. The boxsets differentiate in number, as does the quality, because they're done by different groups. Buy bootlegs at your own risk, but don't complain about quality when you do.

I always wondered why people would pay for HK Subs when they can get them for free. If you're going to be so cheap that you wont buy the official DVDs, get the fansubs. If you're going to shell out money, you might as well support the companies that are making the products.

[url=http://www.animenation.com/d-nrbs1.html][b]Link[/b][/url]

-r2[/QUOTE]

I never said there are legit subtitled box sets...i said there were legit boxsets. The bootlegs are fansubbed which to me make little difference. I've seen multiple providers with good quality.

[QUOTE=Dan Rugh]Of my 50 episodes, I have watched 34. That is the up to the end of the first disc in the second box set. I love the characters plus new ones keep appearing. My favorites so far are Zabuza, Haku, Gaara, Orochimaru, and since all of those were bad guys... Shikamaru is cool too. :)

I'm sure I'll buy the next box set from AV as soon as it comes out. Too bad I have to wait until they are at least at episode 80 until the 51-75 box will be out.

Hey, has anyone seen the Naruto special about the 4-leaf clover? I'm curious to see it.[/QUOTE]

I loved Zabuza and Haku. You truly felt a connection with them and felt so sad when [spoiler]they died.[/spoiler]

Also, the lessons that Naruto teach to the Ninja are lessons you can take to heart in real-life. Standing up for someone you don't know or not letting the important people in your life down.

Love this anime.

{edit}
Also, first time on this board, did not realize there was 58 pages to this thread. Sheesh, I need to wake up! D:

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]SyrusMatrix[/B] I added spoiler tags to your post. Please do not assume that everyone is familiar with a particular anime. For easy instructions on how to use spoiler tags just read the stick spoiler tags at the top of the anime lounge. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='BKstyles']I never said there are legit subtitled box sets...i said there were legit boxsets. The bootlegs are fansubbed which to me make little difference. I've seen multiple providers with good quality.[/quote]Well, the "legit" DVDs that are out aren't boxsets they've only released eight episodes (on two disks, sold sperately). Anything else is a bootleg.

[quote name='BKstyles']There is actually a box-set up to episode 148. As far as legit sets go, the rest would be obtained as bootlegs...[/quote]Any box-set up to episode 148 is a bootleg. If that's what you meant, you weren't very clear with what you said. Maybe the "As far as legit sets go," line threw me off, because I'm not sure what you're referring to.

-r2

[QUOTE=r2vq]Well, the "legit" DVDs that are out aren't boxsets they've only released eight episodes (on two disks, sold sperately). Anything else is a bootleg.

Any box-set up to episode 148 is a bootleg. If that's what you meant, you weren't very clear with what you said. Maybe the "As far as legit sets go," line threw me off, because I'm not sure what you're referring to.

-r2[/QUOTE]

The "as far as legit sets go" and the "the rest would be obtained as bootleg" lines are together in one sentence seperated by a comma. Which means the latter refers to the former...it's another way of saying there aren't any legit subbed or dubbed sets out there. The first line talking about a box set up to 148 is referring to what i've seen as the most up to date set that can be found fansubbed, where as other volumes are sold seperatley (or in sets with one another not including the first group of episodes). The second sentence actually serves as an insinuation that the subject of the "box of 148 episodes" is being trumped by the line "as far as legit sets go" which would lead the reader to come to the conclusion that the box must not be legit if it's being referred to as a contrary. Sorry if the sentence structure confused you.

But anywhoo, the enlish voice overs are so abysmal so it's no skin off my back that we have to wait until forever to get a full box set out in the U.S. Even with the option to turn subs on with japanese audio, it wouldnt make it too much dif from whats out already with the exception of the source.

Is it true that there are two versions in the anime version of Naruto? Like an adult version or something? I was wondering because there seems to be two different ones, like before, they say the episode in anime ends at 188, but then I found episode 189...Is there two versions of Naruto?

[quote name='uchihagirl']Is there two versions of Naruto?[/quote]
There's only one version of Naruto in Japan. The American DVDs will have a censored version (what you see on TV) and an uncensored, subtitled version (what you see when you download).

No matter what fanboys tell you, Naruto was created for 12 year old boys and younger. Everyone else is welcome to enjoy, but there's no adult-only version.

Edit: The most recent episode in Japan is 189.

-r2

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='r2vq']but there's no adult-only version.[/quote]
As far as you people know...

However, I think it would be actually unreasonable to think of Naruto ending durring the filler arcs. The only thing I can really think of in Naruto is when [spoiler]when the first part of naruto being when they are still 13/14 ends, that part is mostly Naruto part I. Part 2 iswhen they come back all 15/16 years old[/spoiler]

Other then that yeah, there really is no older/other version of naruto

(note) Refrence to the picture for proof/details.

[CENTER][URL=http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=narutoch238p18194ke.png][IMG]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2627/narutoch238p18194ke.th.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]However, I think it would be actually unreasonable to think of Naruto ending durring the filler arcs. The only thing I can really think of in Naruto is when [spoiler]when the first part of naruto being when they are still 13/14 ends, then the Kakashi gaiden, then I think its called Naruto II when they come back all 15/16 years old[/spoiler] [/FONT] [/SIZE'] [/COLOR][/quote]

Your post has confused Tatsu...What are you talking about? :animestun

"There's no need to be impatient...yeah."
Huzzah for Deidara!!! :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

In other words. The second part of the manga (which is considered "Naruto 2" is when Naruto and crew grow older. [spoiler]It takes place 2 and half years after the last arc of the naruto episodes currently released. Everyone is a chuunin except Neji, Temari, and Kankuro who are jounin and gaara is kazekage of the sand village. Naruto is the only one who is still genin.[/spoiler]

When it comes out as anime, it will be portrayed as a giant gap and then years later in time unless they decide to make a filler to lead up to it.

[quote name='uchihagirl']Is it true that there are two versions in the anime version of Naruto? Like an adult version or something? I was wondering because there seems to be two different ones, like before, they say the episode in anime ends at 188, but then I found episode 189...Is there two versions of Naruto?[/quote]

well, in the anime, not yet. in the manga, which is wayyyy ahead, they have "Naruto", and something called "Naruto II". ya see. at one point in the series, Naruto goes with [spoiler]Jiraiya in seclusion to train for about 2.5 years.[/spoiler] the same goes for Sakura and Tsunade. what they did with the manga is called a time-skip, where they dont show you [B]anything[/B] that goes on in those 2 or so years, so when the next issue comes out, 2 and a half years have past since the last chapter/episode. they consider the period after the 2 years "Naruto II".

i wont spoil it anymore for you guys, unless you already know this stuff. but i will say this for those who dont know-[B]all[/B] the characters have changed dramatically. stronger, more mature. and they learn plenty new things too! ok, i'll stop now...
[COLOR=SeaGreen][INDENT][SIZE=1][B]KyuubiKhaos[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post, please use spoiler tags. Not everyone is familiar with a particular anime and it's no fun to know what's going to happen even if it's just a small reference. Instructions on how to use spoiler tags can be located at the top of the Anime Lounge. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=KyuubiKhaos]well, in the anime, not yet. in the manga, which is wayyyy ahead, they have "Naruto", and something called "Naruto II". ya see. at one point in the series, Naruto goes with [spoiler]Jiraiya in seclusion to train for about 2.5 years.[/spoiler] the same goes for Sakura and Tsunade. what they did with the manga is called a time-skip, where they dont show you [B]anything[/B] that goes on in those 2 or so years, so when the next issue comes out, 2 and a half years have past since the last chapter/episode. they consider the period after the 2 years "Naruto II".

i wont spoil it anymore for you guys, unless you already know this stuff. but i will say this for those who dont know-[B]all[/B] the characters have changed dramatically. stronger, more mature. and they learn plenty new things too! ok, i'll stop now...
[COLOR=SeaGreen][INDENT][SIZE=1][B]KyuubiKhaos[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post, please use spoiler tags. Not everyone is familiar with a particular anime and it's no fun to know what's going to happen even if it's just a small reference. Instructions on how to use spoiler tags can be located at the top of the Anime Lounge. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Sounds like my explanation... :animeangr

But to add on to the general idea, the story of how kakashi got his sharingan is also explained in the mangas as a side story flashing back to when kakashi was first being promoted as jounin. This may hit the anime before the "Naruto 2" stories do since it was meant to be a bridge between the two parts. Kind of like a halftime show if you will.

Guest SasukeUzumaki
I'm a huge fan of Naruto.I'm up to date with Naruto in Japan.Who doesn't like Naruto. When I watch Naruto,I watch it on [[COLOR=DarkRed]illegal suggestion[/COLOR]] but now,I have to watch it in parts than the whole show because [[COLOR=DarkRed]illegal suggestion[/COLOR]] took off the whole episode.I still can't believe that they did that but at least I can still see it through parts anyway.So...Later. :D

Guest Kichi
I Abosultely LOVE Naruto! I've been into it about a year now. I've seen up to episode 190. Naruto rocks my socks so much its not even funny. Almost all my friends love Naruto as well. My favorite character are: Shikamaru, Kiba, Jiraiya and Kisame. i like just about every character in the series. its very rare for me to like bad guys in shows but I love Kisame. He's so cool. it just goes to show ya that Naruto truly is an amazing piece of anime/manga!

[COLOR=Indigo]This is a continuation of a conversation r2vq and I had in another thread, but I've decided to continue over here since this is the thread it belongs in.

Anyway, I can't stand Naruto's English phrase "Believe It!" Though, due to a point made by r2vq, it is probably the most reasonable translation of his original japanese tag of "Dattebayo", however, I still find it rather annoying. The only problem is, it's either that or removing it completely, which is not a good choice either, (point also made by r2vq) because it would cause an uproar about Naruto's loss of a tag line.

How does everyone else feel about this?
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ayi][COLOR=Indigo']Anyway, I can't stand Naruto's English phrase "Believe It!" Though, due to a point made by r2vq, it is probably the most reasonable translation of his original japanese tag of "Dattebayo",[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know just to prove a point, I bet you that there are some Japanease people who are mad about Naruto always saying Dattebayo as well. Yet if naruto is saying "believe it" or "Datteybayo" They all come down to naruto's character. He[I] is[/I] suppose to be annoying and loud and all, and just with him saying that it justifies his character dattebayo.

To be honost, I think its just a thing that people are going to have to get used to datteybayo. Because I really don't find it that annoying as some other people do datteybayo. Yet in the end, just remember Naruto is just an annoying little character dattebayo.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
To be honest, I think its just a thing that people are going to have to get used to datteybayo. Because I really don't find it that annoying as some other people do datteybayo. Yet in the end, just remember Naruto is just an annoying little character dattebayo.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

LOL.

Ironically, I only have a problem with "Believe It". ^^;

But then again, I've watched nothing but subs of Naruto, so when first seeing the dub, I immediately became critical, biased, and torqued. I was so used to Naruto saying "dattebayo" all the time, that when I heard they dubbed it to "believe it", something in me got slightly ticked. I suppose in the end, it goes back to the never-ending battle of dubs versus subs.

But I was just wondering what others may think on this matter.

Guest Kichi
Personally I prefer Dattebayo. But thats probably because I like the Japanese version better. "Believe It" is rather annoying if you ask me. But he wouldn't be Naruto if he didn't say something at the end of everything he says.

[color=#FF9920][quote name='Kichi]Personally I prefer Dattebayo. But thats probably because I like the Japanese version better. "Believe It" is rather annoying if you ask me.[/QUOTE][QUOTE=Ayi']Ironically, I only have a problem with "Believe It". ^^;[/quote][/color][color=#007520]My theory was always that "Believe it!" was annoying because it's in English dattebayo. You understand English and you understand that the phrase isn't natural. The phrase itself can be, and is, used but not as often as Naruto says it dattebayo. If you were Japanese and you watched the series in it's original form, the original phrase might be just as annoying. It too is unnatural because it shouldn't be used at all dattebayo. But I'm not a natural Japanese speaker so I can't really verify this.

[i]Believe it![/i]

-r2[/color]

[QUOTE=Ayi][COLOR=Indigo]This is a continuation of a conversation r2vq and I had in another thread, but I've decided to continue over here since this is the thread it belongs in.

Anyway, I can't stand Naruto's English phrase "Believe It!" Though, due to a point made by r2vq, it is probably the most reasonable translation of his original japanese tag of "Dattebayo", however, I still find it rather annoying. The only problem is, it's either that or removing it completely, which is not a good choice either, (point also made by r2vq) because it would cause an uproar about Naruto's loss of a tag line.

How does everyone else feel about this?
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Let's see. I do have a problem with "Believe It", but I've never seen the original version because I don't have that type of time to download it. However, I do read the manga.

Anyways, as I said, I do have a problem with it, but normally I either put up with it or turn to another channel. (No, I'm not that much of a fan of the series) My main issues with the dub though is that there is no emotion. (Well, they seem to be getting a bit better now) Back when it first started, I found myself nearly halfway asleep everytime I heard Kakashi and Sasuke talk. (I am repeating myself) They sounded too dull near the beginning of the series.

[QUOTE=Hayabusa]Let's see. I do have a problem with "Believe It", but I've never seen the original version because I don't have that type of time to download it. However, I do read the manga.

Anyways, as I said, I do have a problem with it, but normally I either put up with it or turn to another channel. (No, I'm not that much of a fan of the series) My main issues with the dub though is that there is no emotion. (Well, they seem to be getting a bit better now) Back when it first started, I found myself nearly halfway asleep everytime I heard Kakashi and Sasuke talk. (I am repeating myself) They sounded too dull near the beginning of the series.[/QUOTE]

Heh, well Kakashi sounds like that because he's known to be the "laid-back" type. Thankfully he knows when to get serious, otherwise he just sits there reading his book.

Sasuke on the other hand, well due to some past experiences he's become quite the ice-block. So yea, those two would lack emotion. I suppose we should be slightly grateful to Naruto's obnoxiously loud voice to aid in giving the show some emotion. But, of course, there's also that rule of the ninja:

"A ninja is not to show any emotion under any circumstances" or something to that effect.

To some that all up: it's just their character. *shrugs*