OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[quote]Not that the Byakugan is perfect, it can be beat. It just is better since as a shinobi you are meant to have stealth, not fancy jutsus. The Byakugan breaks down stealth and it can basically do what the Sharingan can, block jutsus. And in looks I like the Sharingan better too. But in an assasination a prettier eye is not nearly as good as an eye that can detect shinobi. I truly think the Byakugan is better like you said and I will think that until someone can convince me.[/quote]
I won't convince you. (Hell, I'm not the convincing type) But this does ties in with what Ezekiel said. (someone else might have said it before, but I came to his response first) It depends on the user. The Byakugan probably is better between the two or vice versa, but if you're a crappy fighter, then it will get you no where.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1] Wow... really hard. It would mostly depend on the situation, but overall, Sharingan. Why, you ask...

The S. can copy attacks (duh). HOWEVER... B. can see through any copied attacks. The bad thing is that S. can't copy Taijutsu, so there's only a max of 66% mastery (if you completely conquered Nin and Genjutsu). B. can counter almost anything.
But as Kakashi proves, the S. is extremely useful for building up a vast stock of tons of different techniques, so that you don't just focus on one specific elements/medias, like Gaara's sand or Inuzuka's smell and tracking. If your defense proves useless, B. has nothing to fall back on. S. users usually have a huge number of different, well-rounded techniques.

The bad thing about S. is the strain on your body after using it. B. users don't experience it and can keep up a steady B. for days. The physical effects of S. are much more taxing and it takes longer to figure out how to use S. properly. B. is easier to get at first but doesn't have too many 'instant' bonuses like S. (copying jutsus, seeing through illusions). However, the B. has a huge number of techniques and edges that can stem from one simple attribute.

Geh... keep countering myself. Let's stop rambling at get to the point, shall we?

In my opinion, it depends on the situation. As Sasuke and Neji prove, both have weaknesses (albiet small) and both can be compromised in specific situations. It's practically impossible to simply state that one is better than the other. (We won't even delve into M. Sharingan because so few have it)

Bottom line? They both rock. Hard. [/FONT] [/SIZE]

Guest Rurouni
i have to go with byakugan it can see everything around you,stop jujstu,and see the point of other ninja chakra

Guest Embers of Life
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=DarkRed]I prefer the sharingan because its the best. The power to see through genjutsus and the ability to copy any move. Id prefer to have only one eye over two though, like Kakashi.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[CENTER]------------------------------------------[/CENTER]

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=DarkRed]WOW! 50-50 all the way! Thats increadible.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Embers of Life[/B], I merged your two posts together. Please do not double post, if you wish to add something just use the edit button located in the lower right hand corner of your post. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='tomoe&battousai']sharingan.reason1-it looks WAY cooler.reason2 you can stop/copy any jutsu.reason3-sasuke and itachi posses it and thats good enough for me.sharingan rox end of story[/quote]Listen to what say. Reasons one and three are not related to the topic. Reason two is faulty- it can copy [B]most[/B] jutsus. And it can not stop jutsus, it can only see them, not to mention the Byakugan can see them better and detect shinobi. And I can be proven wrong, just no one has given any real points yet(how many times do I have to say this, its making me tired).
[CENTER] :animeangr[/CENTER]

I would go with the Sharingan because sharingan can see through illusions and (not so sure but) I thought the Sharingan could make illusions too like how Itachi kicked Sasuke and Kakashi's butt. The sharingan also looks cool and no offense, but the byakugan looks like you have no eyes at all, it's just gray. Sharingan actually has little twirly things inside. >.>

[quote name='dumbdorkbob'](how many times do I have to say this, its making me tired)[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Now you know exactly how the Mods feel :whoops:

You know I think its odd though because I have yet to actually read (saying that I haven't read a thing in this thread) that was actually creditable, that the Sharingan was better than the Byakugan...

[quote name='Uchihagirl']The sharingan also looks cool and no offense, but the byakugan looks like you have no eyes at all, it's just gray[/quote]
Lots of things that look cool arnt the best as things that don't look as cool. Besides, you can install Ph34r in your enemies, besides that can be sexy...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ya ya, I know some things that are ugly can be good, but still, I don't want gray eyes all the time, I still choose Sharingan. And they're basicly the same thing, eyes that can stop jitsus, find a way to beat the other person, see through illusions...ya. So if both of them are so much alike, why not choose the one that looks better?

[quote name='uchihagirl']Ya ya, I know some things that are ugly can be good, but still, I don't want gray eyes all the time, I still choose Sharingan. And they're basicly the same thing, eyes that can stop jitsus, find a way to beat the other person, see through illusions...ya. So if both of them are so much alike, why not choose the one that looks better?[/quote]
Bah..... someone said it earlier, neither the sharingan or the byakugan can stop jutsu's. Now if you're saying that they can see through jutsu's. Ok, I'll by that. Now I don't have that much knowledge about Naruto, but if your eyes are sharp, wouldn't you be able to see through most things? You make it sound like people with just normal eyes can't be good enough to beat their opponent without the sharingan / byakugan.

I never did give my choice. It's kind of a tough call since there's not much of a situation to judge. It would be a little different if the matchup was Neji vs Sasuke because as I said in my previous post, (also what Ezekiel said) it would depend on the user.

But oh well, in this situation, I'd give the edge to the Sharingan. Sure you have a better chance in tracking your enemy with the byakugan. Sure you can see the opening points. But all that doesn't really mean much if you have nothing else to back you up. (A reason why I said it depends on the user.) Whereas the sharingan, you have things at your disposal to get you through. Granted I like both, sharingan is a little better IMO. There was something else I had to say, but I lost my train of thought.

[QUOTE]Bah..... someone said it earlier, neither the sharingan or the byakugan can stop jutsu's. Now if you're saying that they can see through jutsu's. Ok, I'll by that. Now I don't have that much knowledge about Naruto, but if your eyes are sharp, wouldn't you be able to see through most things? You make it sound like people with just normal eyes can't be good enough to beat their opponent without the sharingan / byakugan.[/QUOTE]

Okay okay, they can't stop jutsus. But the sharingan that Itachi uses is basicly strong enough that the jutsus are dodged or just plain stopped. (Stopped as in the part where Itachi grabbed Sasuke's hand stopping the ball of lightnning thingy [I think it's called Chidori?] )

And yes! The Byakugan eye and Sharingan eye can see some things that most people with a sharp eye can't. How would Sasuke be able to catch on to Haku's speed?

[quote name='Hayabusa']Bah..... someone said it earlier, neither the sharingan or the byakugan can stop jutsu's. Now if you're saying that they can see through jutsu's. Ok, I'll by that. Now I don't have that much knowledge about Naruto, but if your eyes are sharp, wouldn't you be able to see through most things? You make it sound like people with just normal eyes can't be good enough to beat their opponent without the sharingan / byakugan.[/quote]

It is very difficult, but not impossible. The byakugan and sharingan give extremely noticeable advantages to the user. Against normal opponents without any exceptional abilities of their own the sharingan can predict their movements and the user need not be hit a single time, and the byakugan can clearly see and sense attacks from all around the body and as far as 800 meters (in Neji's case) as well as pinpoint the part of the body instantly for deadlier attacks for quicker victories or possibly kills. This is undeniable as a significant advantage even against the strongest of opponents.

Obviously each character (i assume the main characters we are taking into consideration while discussing this are sasuke and neji) have suffered defeats even with the usage of their dojutsus (it can also be argued that hiashi and itachi have never been shown being defeated but each only receive so much air time that reading between the lines is neccesary to make an assumption that sometime during their lives they must have been defeated). However it is due to the fact that the characters defeating them either contained unnatural powers surpassing the need for a defense against the eye or already had an unfair advantage.

Lets put it this way, if i had to choose a clan to put my money on in any normal situation involving protecting, assassination, or to win in a tournament...it would be a skilled ninja from the Hyuga or Uchiha clan, with few exceptions outside of both.

^also uchiha ninjagirl, Itachi [spoiler]stopping Sasuke's chidori[/spoiler] i think it just a result of the imense difference in power and skill between the two brothers, rather than a feat of the sharingan. I'm confident Itachi wouldn't have needed to activate his eyes to have done it.

Wait what? Were you talking to Uchiha ninja girl or just uchiha girl? Anyway...

Ya, I guess you're right, Itachi is WAY stronger than Sasuke. (no offense to the sasuke fans) How are you so sure that Itachi would not need to activate the sharingan?

[QUOTE=uchihagirl]Wait what? Were you talking to Uchiha ninja girl or just uchiha girl? Anyway...

Ya, I guess you're right, Itachi is WAY stronger than Sasuke. (no offense to the sasuke fans) How are you so sure that Itachi would not need to activate the sharingan?[/QUOTE]

Uh, uchiha girl i guess since that's you lol. Sorry your names are quite similar :animestun

And i'm not entirely sure, but what leads me to believe that is for one Sasuke just charged in plainly with nothing but revenge on his mind w/o a means for tactical strike...it would be easy to deflect his arm with the right speed to do so. And as i said before Itachi just exceeds sasuke in every way which allows him that kind of speed and reflexes. It just seems unneccesary since the power dif is so great, and because Itachi thinks too low of sasuke to really go to that length.

Guest executor
byakugan coz copying skills does not mean that using skill perfectly, detect is the best!

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]executor,
Welcome to Otakuboards. Your post does not meet the requirements for posts on this forum. Since intelligent conversation is required, post quality and content are very important
We usually require our members to post reasons with answers to help continue the flow of conversation, this is post content. Although you did this, your post is very difficult to understand, even when reread. That means you have poor post quality.
We ask that your future posts are a little easier to read, this can be done by using proper English, and writing with real words and proper grammar.
Future posts deemed unacceptable, will be deleted. If no effort for improvement is detected, you may even be banned from the site. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -r2[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[QUOTE=BKstyles]Uh, uchiha girl i guess since that's you lol. Sorry your names are quite similar :animestun

And i'm not entirely sure, but what leads me to believe that is for one Sasuke just charged in plainly with nothing but revenge on his mind w/o a means for tactical strike...it would be easy to deflect his arm with the right speed to do so. And as i said before Itachi just exceeds sasuke in every way which allows him that kind of speed and reflexes. It just seems unneccesary since the power dif is so great, and because Itachi thinks too low of sasuke to really go to that length.[/QUOTE]

True, Sasuke is just plain brainless when his head is filled with revenge. He doesn't even think about stratagie (I don't know how to spell that word :animecry: ). Hm...maybe you're right... :animeswea I know Sasuke can do better if he actually was thinking then though, that I know.

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Which is better: Sharingan or Byakugan

Sharingan received 19 votes
Byakugan received 19 votes

Now that the poll is closed I merged this with the official Naruto thread. ^_^ As for the results of the poll, it was a tie. ^_~[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen]Which is better: Sharingan or Byakugan

Sharingan received 19 votes
Byakugan received 19 votes

Now that the poll is closed I merged this with the official Naruto thread. ^_^ As for the results of the poll, it was a tie. ^_~[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

That was cool, I thought that one was to win the other for sure, who would have thought it would end as a tie. :p

[COLOR=Blue][INDENT]I cannot believe it got so many votes(the first by me of course). I thought one would win too. I guess we will never know which is truly better. [/INDENT]Uchiha must be a popular name for girls. Oh well, what do I know, I am just a loser skateboarder who hit his head too hard one day(off topic). Most people chose Sharingan because of who uses it and how it looks(which I said not too). In conclusion, I now owe my friend five bucks thanks to some people who did not read what I put down(who would want to).(Dang, now I have to find $5). (just kidding).[/COLOR][CENTER]ON THE PEOPLE WHO MADE ME LOSE MONEY: :mad:[/CENTER] [CENTER]ON THE POLL: :( [/CENTER]

[quote name='dumbdorkbob][COLOR=Blue][INDENT]I cannot believe it got so many votes(the first by me of course). I thought one would win too. I guess we will never know which is truly better. [/INDENT]Uchiha must be a popular name for girls. Oh well, what do I know, I am just a loser skateboarder who hit his head too hard one day(off topic). Most people chose Sharingan because of who uses it and how it looks(which I said not too). In conclusion, I now owe my friend five bucks thanks to some people who did not read what I put down(who would want to).(Dang, now I have to find $5). (just kidding).[/COLOR][CENTER]ON THE PEOPLE WHO MADE ME LOSE MONEY: :mad:[/CENTER] [CENTER']ON THE POLL: :( [/CENTER][/quote]

-_- Uchiha is just a last name, plus it's not because of Sasuke or Itachi that I chose that name, I just happened to have a sharingan girl avatar, so I chose uchihagirl as my username. And I still don't get it, you betted money on the poll? (sorry a bit off topic)

As for the sharingan vs. byakugan, I guess it's for the best that none wins the other, just like girls vs. boys, both are equal in power (perhaps). To tell the truth, if one wins the other, it might offend other people who are just obsessed with their opinion and might get mad or something. :rolleyes:

[COLOR=Blue]Let the masses get mad, as long as I am happy :animesmil . By the way, I betted on the one that starts the a "B" . Oh well, I guess your right.(But still, I lost my precious money.) :( At least I can get on with my life finally instead of worring about a stupid poll.[/COLOR]

[quote name='dumbdorkbob']Let the masses get mad, as long as I am happy :animesmil . By the way, I betted on the one that starts the a "B" . Oh well, I guess your right.(But still, I lost my precious money.) :( At least I can get on with my life finally instead of worring about a stupid poll.[/quote]

:animesigh You shouldn't have betted in the first place. You sound like you don't have a care in the world at all. And if the masses get angry, I don't think you will be too happy about that. You betted on the byakugen huh? Who'd you bet with anyway? (sorry if it's off topic >.>)

[COLOR=Blue]The person I betted with is almost as stupid as me(almost). Like I said before, no one listened to me when I said not to vote based on looks and people that use it. And your right, I really do not have a care in the world(off topic). Dang, your one of the few people who listens to me(judging by your posts). I guess people like copying jutsus. I said to give opinions to which is better and that is where I made a mistake. I meant which is better to a shinobi. If it was which would I like all around, I would have said the Sharingan. It truly is my fault for not being clear and I am sorry. Sometimes I am such a dope. All in all since I didn't clarify what I meant, I guess I will [B]finally[/B] agree with the masses(they like me again, yay!),the Byakugan and Sharingan are equal in that one is a better shinobi tool and one is more fun to use and is useful outside of shinobi practices. Peace out! :wave:[/COLOR]

[quote name='dumbdorkbob][COLOR=Blue]The person I betted with is almost as stupid as me(almost). Like I said before, no one listened to me when I said not to vote based on looks and people that use it. And your right, I really do not have a care in the world(off topic). Dang, your one of the few people who listens to me(judging by your posts). I guess people like copying jutsus. I said to give opinions to which is better and that is where I made a mistake. I meant which is better to a shinobi. If it was which would I like all around, I would have said the Sharingan. It truly is my fault for not being clear and I am sorry. Sometimes I am such a dope. All in all since I didn't clarify what I meant, I guess I will [B]finally[/B'] agree with the masses(they like me again, yay!),the Byakugan and Sharingan are equal in that one is a better shinobi tool and one is more fun to use and is useful outside of shinobi practices. Peace out! :wave:[/COLOR][/quote]

Oh! I thought you meant which you liked better, not which one is more useful to a shinobi. And to tell the truth, I would STILL choose sharingan if you asked the which is more useful. Copying jutsus are quite useful you know. :animesmil And it's funny beeting other people with their own attack, makes them look stupid (sorry, couldn't help it!)