OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

Just wanted to mention that as i watched more into the series i've really grown to like Shikamaru...big time. Not the best of fighters but he has what i respect the most which is superior intellegence. The details behind his character's capabilities both mentally and physically (but more importantly the correlation between the two) are even more intricate that i would have given him credit for based on the translated episodes alone. I liked even more that he was one of the first to [spoiler]be promoted to middle ninja class, despite thinking that Neji has been treated a bit unfairly since after the primary selection tournament.[/spoiler].

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Yes!! a topic i know alot about! YAY!! IM a totaly Naruto fangirl !! i have 148 eps and hoping to get up to 164 soon :animeswea :animeswea though i reallly dont have the manga...well i dont buy it cause i found the current chapters online...thought i do buy the anime !! and other apperal...... :D the coolest naruto related item i have it An akatsuki cloke!! and a really heavy kunai....

I was introdued to i when i was in 6th grade and its been love since then!! :catgirl: :catgirl:

I'm a big fan of Naruto! While watching the series, I've noticed almost every chracter is unique and special in their own way. They each have their own problems and personalities, like Naruto looking foward to being the new Hokage or Sakura trying to win Sasuke's heart. I like the Haku lots too, since he's such a softie too, except he died.:(

Well that's on of the reasons why Naruto is so great. The different personalities etc..

OMG I saw the movie and a lot was [spoiler]distorted! Especially Sakura.[/spoiler] :rolleyes:
I thought the storyline was interesting could've used a little work other than the routine Naruto turning a bad*** into a kind-hearted person T_T So repetative.

[COLOR=tan][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]i <3 Naruto like a fat kid loves cake! ^___^

i love it so much i'm always on the lookout for Naruto items (but i never buy them cuz i'm poor xD ). i love how much the characters are unique and different and have their different own way of fighting and their own views.

i wasn't introduced until a little before i started highschool. but i had so much going on i kind of forgot about Naruto. then i heard Naruto started airing on CN, but it wasn't showing yet so i did some research. then [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][removed by moderator][COLOR=tan][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS] came along and that's how i've been watching all the episodes =]. i haven't seen every single episode though, because almost all the latter half of the series is pure filler. i've seen up to 70-something, a bit of Konoha's infiliration by the sound-nin, Sasuke's departure from Konoha, Sasuke Retrival Mission arc, Bikochu arc, and the most recent show to air on Japanese Television. i read the manga too, but it's a whole lot cooler to watch the anime! >___<"

although...the most recent show, 184, Inuzuka Kiba's Long Day, seemed very undermining and low in plot. Kiba is one of my top favorite characters and they totally made him look like a moron! even Naruto seemed smarter than him (despite him falling from trees and getting bit when he's supposed to be steathy)!

they honestly need to stop making fillers. whatever happens in the fillers never happens in the manga, so it's not "real". any character development, for example Hinata's, isn't considered real and doesn't flow well into Naruto II, since she's still portrayed as if she never gained any strength. and i think it's odd how she still has that crush on Naruto (even 10x stronger than before). not that i disapprove of the couple (they are pretty cute), but it's so unrealisitic! either your very devoted and inspired to love that long, or you're just plain stupid (i'm not calling Hinata stupid!)

ANYWAY, the point is Naruto is AWESOMENESS!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Chie, I removed a portion of your post to dissuade the propogation of copyrighted material. -r2[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

I too dislike some liberties that are taken with transfers between mangas and animes sometimes. I've noticed quite a few noticeable differences with naruto specifically but nothing that destroys my want to watch it.

Also i just wanted to make a special mention about episode 101 which is probably one of the funniest episodes in the series in which it involves [spoiler]the genin trying to get kakashi's mask off[/spoiler]. Good for a watch and a few laughes for those who watch via youtube or in no particular order. I came across it a few days ago while i was watching the box set.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I believe tthat it isnt known yet, since a majority of Naruto ever since fall of last year has been mostly Filler episodes. Which has made many Desperate Naruto fans use the ultra secrete kinjustu to make themselves explode to go and live off in the world of naruto for the rest of their lives. Or they just wait for them to end. I really tend to forget which.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yes, I have seen Naruto, that is a awesome anime, it is one of my favorite anime's. My favorite character in that show would probably have to be Sasuke Uchiha.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Dbzman26[/B], please put a little more effort into your posts. For example you could have explained why Naruto is your favorite show and what it is about Sasuke that makes him your favorite character. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I was sitting down one day when I thought, which is better: Sharingan or Byakugan eyes. I want to see which one people think is better and I also would like to see why. Don't just put that you like the way one looks.I will tally which people think is better to where people can see. I have also included reasons for choosing each.

[B]SHARINGAN[/B][list]
[*]You can copy other justus
[*]you have the ability to see how to stop a persons jutsu(in most cases)
[*]you can see through illusions
[/list]
[B]BYAKUGAN[/B][list]
[*]you can see almost everything around you
[*]you can see there other shinobi are hiding
[*]can see [U]most[/U] jutsus and how to stop them
[/list]
Since I vote for the Byakugan this is what the tally chart will look:
[B] BYAKUGAN:1[/B]
[B]SHARINGAN:0[/B]

Don't forget to follow rules
[CENTER]-Dumbdorkbob[/CENTER]

I now have a poll instead of a tally sheet though I ask people to still put their reasons for choosing either one of the choices. At least only one other person has posted so far but still, sorry for the confusion. Glad to get all of that out. :animesigh

[color=darkred]dumbdorkbob,

If you wish to talk about Naruto, we ask that you use the Naruto Thread located in the [b][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208]Official Threads Directory[/url][/b]. This is to prevent the boards from being clogged up from pointless repeated threads and being overly spammy.

So normally I would close this thread, but since you can not have polls in the official Naruto thread, and your posts are of a good quality, we can keep this thread open until the poll closes, then it will be merged with the Naruto thread. In the future, though, try to keep your Naruto conversation in the Naruto thread. ^^[/color]

BTW~ I vote for Byakugan. Even though the Sharingan allows you to instantly analyze and copy the attacks of other Ninja, the Byakugan allows you to see the Chakra system of your opponent. This is extremely helpful with their Wudang-like fighting style. Granted, it's not as pretty as the Sharingan, and it causes the veins in your forehead to grow, but I think it would be the greater resource for a ninja to have.

What's more important to a ninja than knowing where to hide and when their enemies are approaching?

-r2

Byakugan is definitly better. Having absolute (minus the miniscule blind spot of course) vision as well as multi distance vision is extremely helpful especially combined with the ability to see within the opponent and the deadly taijutsu style of fighting and the kaiten absolute defense to cover the blind spot. It's like an all knowing human fort.

Sharingan's only advantage is the ability to see through jutsus and make them either useless or less usefull as well as acquiring them. Other than that it offers no real combat support compared to the amount that byakugan entails. Byakugan allows for the natural talent of the user to flourish where as sharingan more often must rely on the opponent's action. Byakugan is a more self-sufficient ability.

Of course this is also assuming we're talking about the mature byakugan vs the mature sharingan which does not include Itachi's unique tsukiyomi skill. Clearly itachi's sharingan has a distinct advantage over the normal mature sharingan. But i'd still prefer the byakugan in the long run.

They both have weak points but the Sharingan is least useful(as seen when he tried to use it on Lee). Though Byakugan has one weak point and is fooled by Naruto's Shadow Doppleganger(since it is a flesh-and-blood copy)the Sharingan has no real uses other than being able to see jutsus. Plus, even though it can see jutsus, the user still needs to stop the justu somehow.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='dumbdorkbob][FONT=Verdana]Plus, even though [Sharingan'] can see jutsus, the user still needs to stop the justu somehow.[/FONT][/quote]Same applies to Byakugan, though. All it gives you is sight - how well you act on what it allows you to see depends on your fighting skills.

Besides the aforementioned miniscule blind spot, Byakugan has [b]*no*[/b] weaknesses. There's been no evidence of negative side-effects that I've noticed (although I'm purely a manga reader, so there may be extra material in the anime I don't know about). Sharingan, on the other hand, can render the user useless for as much as week afterwards, if lots of high-speed copying was used. Not to mention Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan, which (it has been hinted) can cause some sort of permanent eye damage if used repeatedly.

Add this to the issues already raised in the thread, like the Byakugan's greater versatility and Chakravision, and Byakugan wins. I think the only category where it loses out to Sharingan is prettiness :p [/FONT]

Guest Sand_Princess
I think the Sharingan is the best one! Even though they are from the same connection in hertiage...which would mean Sasuke could be related to Neji and Hinata?

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Raiyuu][FONT=Trebuchet MS']I think the only category where it loses out to Sharingan is prettiness :p [/FONT][/quote]

You don't find those white eyes pretty? Pssh, they are pretty sexy,

Well at the least of sounding repetive through this whole thread, I would mainly go with the very sexy Byakugan. The reasons basicly being the exact same thing in this thread which I may get to later, however for now I want to really get into the whole weakness thing.
[CENTER][IMG]http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2774/byakugan33gf.gif[/IMG]
[i][COLOR=DarkRed]Picture wasn't working so I uploaded it to Imageshack for you. -r2[/COLOR][/i]
[COLOR=SeaGreen][I]Yes, perhaps next time I shouldn't be lazy, this one was the right picture though -Ixi[/I][/COLOR]
[i][COLOR=DarkRed]Whoops, sorry about that. -r2[/COLOR][/i][/CENTER]

Now as we all know is this is the range of the Byakugan, and of course the blue is the blind spot. Now if you really think of it. The only way to be able to ensure a hit is to throw some kind of a dagger or object perfectly centered in the cone so it doesn't leave our, you must also take into consideration that if the subject is to move its head that also would cause the weapon to come into sight. (which is why [spoiler]Kidomaru's arrows were able to hit it, due to the fact of his ability to control where they went.[/spoiler])

Now taking out of consideration that the arch that the blind spot goes into. Its rather hard to see someone throwing any kind of a projectile at that kind of a way...Besides feaky spider guy Kidomaru. As we all know though, the Kaiten move was created to defend against this blind spot, and so far the only way to be able to stop it would be to stop the rotation..which is rather hard since the Chakra is running through the sphere causing it cut many things.

So In the end, This is the result Byakugan > Sharingan. However this I am just saying not only with a truck load full of a biased opinion, but also in mind that this is based on the eye itself. not the skill of the one who wears the eye so to speak. So in my highly biased opinion I see the Byakugan is much more sucessful in a ninja combat, not only does it have much less of a weakspot, but it just is over all sexier. ;)

Now to find some kind of an operation to get these eyes implanted in my head, the questions go on..

(Photo property of [URL=http://www.leafninja.com/index.php]Leafninja.com[/URL] )[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Though the Byakugan may be better, I have to go with the Sharingan. It seems to me theat a lot of it's uses are based on the user's will, mental fortitute, and speed.

Some examples of this is while Kakashi and Zabuza's first fight. It was pretty much a giant mind game where Kakashi messed with Zabuza to the point where he thought Kakashi could see the future.

Also, how Sasuke took the little things he saw from Lee, and made up a new Taijutsu technique, and later used it in his fight against [spoiler]Gaara.[/spoiler]

And lastly, how Sasuke in his fight against [spoiler]Naruto[/spoiler] used the afterimage thingy move to foresee his movements, and lined them up with his fist. If they used their Sharingan like that against Byakugan users, they could probably dodge their Tenketsu strikes, so they won't have to worry about their chakra.

Also, they could probably see the movements of the Hakke Rokujuuyonshou, so they may be able to avoid the attack completely.

Oh, and I think the image Ikillion wanted was this one:
[IMG]http://leafninja.com/images/information/eyes/Byakugan3.gif[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=dimgray] I'm pretty sure that it's accepted that the Byakugan is an evolved form of Sharingan OR that the Sharingan is some sort of hybrid of the Byakugan so the Byakugan is supposed to be... better. I guess. *cough*

Weakness wise, Byakugan has only one. And on top of that, the Hakkesho Kaiten is a sure way to cover that blind spot. Sharingan's weaknesses are 1) more strain on chakra and stamina, 2) cannot duplicate taijutsu moves 3)[spoiler] ...can leave you almost blind like a certain someone.[/spoiler] 4) Occurs naturally in only some of the Uchiha family members, and you're not born with it. Also, [spoiler]killing your best friend to get the Mangekyou Sharingan is possible the lamest thing I've ever heard. Seriously, what? How is this physically plausible?[/spoiler]

Strength wise, I say being able to block all chakra flow in a ninja is much, much, much more useful than copying moves. Actually, being able to block all chakra flow in a ninja pretty much owns most attacks. I'm wondering why Neji never beat the hell out of Sasuke. >_>

[b]Byakugan > Sharingan.[/b]

Though I love all of the bloodline limit guys.

Except for Kaguya. [/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] I'm pretty sure that it's accepted that the Byakugan is an evolved form of Sharingan OR that the Sharingan is some sort of hybrid of the Byakugan so the Byakugan is supposed to be... better. I guess. *cough*

Weakness wise, Byakugan has only one. And on top of that, the Hakkesho Kaiten is a sure way to cover that blind spot. Sharingan's weaknesses are 1) more strain on chakra and stamina, 2) cannot duplicate taijutsu moves 3)[spoiler] ...can leave you almost blind like a certain someone.[/spoiler] 4) Occurs naturally in only some of the Uchiha family members, and you're not born with it. Also, [spoiler]killing your best friend to get the Mangekyou Sharingan is possible the lamest thing I've ever heard. Seriously, what? How is this physically plausible?[/spoiler]

Strength wise, I say being able to block all chakra flow in a ninja is much, much, much more useful than copying moves. Actually, being able to block all chakra flow in a ninja pretty much owns most attacks. I'm wondering why Neji never beat the hell out of Sasuke. >_>

[b]Byakugan > Sharingan.[/b]

Though I love all of the bloodline limit guys.

Except for Kaguya. [/color][/QUOTE]

Hm, i actually think the kaguya blood limit is pretty cool. It's definitly the most different one out of all of them, and Kinimaro really rocks the abilities nicely. If you ask me, demonic ice mirrors was rather lacking in what that kind of capability should allow the user to do despite its cool appearence. But then again, if given more time or if more users of Haku's clan were shown using it i'm sure there are other abilities that we haven't seen. But that's not what this thread is about.

In response to the weaknesses of both that a few people have touched upon in this thread, the sharingan definitly has more...whether your a fan of sharingan or byakugan you cannot contest this. Despite the sharingan having different forms that bestow different abilities where as any skill using the capabilities of byakugan must be learned using a single form, the forms fail to make up for any weaknesses in the previous forms and i do agree with the requirement to achieve the [spoiler]Mangekyou Sharingan[/spoiler] is rather unimpressive.

The central idea of my preference of the byakugan (as mentioned in my last post, but here in more detail) revolves around the fact that it works better independantly to emphasize the abilities of the user where as sharingan is dependant on the opponent to make use of any abilities it bestows, whether it be copying or forseeing. Though on the matter of what kind of abilities each one bestows, i still prefer the byakugan.

[SIZE=1]You know, I think it's kind of hard to say which is better because it all depends on how it's used. Byakugan for Neji and Hinata is obviously stronger because they use it to see the chakra system inside a body to attack it, because that's their style. Whereas Sasuke and Kakashi are more full-on attackers who use strategy and strength to an advantage, so the Sharingan works better for them as it lets them manipulate the enemy and attack with powerful techniques.

My favourite would have to be the Sharingan because (oh, if I were a ninja) I'm the kind of person who prefers a full frontal attack rather than wearing an opponent down slowly. That's just what I like and Sharingan suits that better.

Just my two cents. (And omgee, first post in Anime Lounge!)[/SIZE]

I'd have to go with the Sharingan because I love to play with people's mind like how Kakashi played with Zabuza's mind and I from personal experiences found out that messing with one's mind can really altar ones state of thinking especially while fighting it really throws them of...hahahaha :naughty:

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Same applies to Byakugan, though. All it gives you is sight - how well you act on what it allows you to see depends on your fighting skills.

Besides the aforementioned miniscule blind spot, Byakugan has [b]*no*[/b] weaknesses. There's been no evidence of negative side-effects that I've noticed (although I'm purely a manga reader, so there may be extra material in the anime I don't know about). Sharingan, on the other hand, can render the user useless for as much as week afterwards, if lots of high-speed copying was used. Not to mention Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan, which (it has been hinted) can cause some sort of permanent eye damage if used repeatedly.

Add this to the issues already raised in the thread, like the Byakugan's greater versatility and Chakravision, and Byakugan wins. I think the only category where it loses out to Sharingan is prettiness :p [/FONT][/QUOTE]
Well the Byakugan has one side-effect: the veins popping out of your forehead, but that is really not a problem. For weakness the Byakugan is useless against shadow dopplegangers(which I am sure I have mentioned before). Your right about the Sharingan, that it uses up a lot of chakra. All and all I think the Sharingan is pitiful.

Not that the Byakugan is perfect, it can be beat. It just is better since as a shinobi you are meant to have stealth, not fancy jutsus. The Byakugan breaks down stealth and it can basically do what the Sharingan can, block jutsus. And in looks I like the Sharingan better too. But in an assasination a prettier eye is not nearly as good as an eye that can detect shinobi. I truly think the Byakugan is better like you said and I will think that until someone can convince me.

(Besides look at the poll-the Byakugan has been winning since the beginning)
I look foward to hear a reasonable argument about this because no one yet has really proven that the Sharingan is better, just that they like the charcters the use it and that the it looks cooler(which has been proven and is totally irrelavent to this disscusion). So I agree with you.