OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

I see what you're saying, but that's not what I'm really talking about. I'm sure that Kakashi is the laid back type while Sasuke is this cold-heart character.

What I mean is, in the manga, when they are shocked or have a shocking expression, they would have that character saying things in captial letters. (OH NO) We knew they were yelling or were shocked.

However, in the anime, they have the same shocking expression, but they would talk as dull as ever. But as I said, it hasn't been that way in a bit since the start of the 2nd test of the chuunin exam. (missed the 1st part)

Edit: Just realized everything was capitalized. But still, they leave the expression of being shocked or yelling because they leave !!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#007520]I have to agree with [color=#ff9920]Hayabusa[/color] when it comes to the emotion conveyed by the voice actors. Naruto, I find, fits his character well. Sakura, I thought, was as annoying as she should be. But Kakashi was my main problem. As Hayabusa said, there didn't seem to be much shock in the voice regardless of the facial expressions.
I don't know about Sasuke, I admittedly haven't seen enough of his dubbed self to actually place a verdict on him.

-r2[/color]

Guest athrunsgurl
[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know just to prove a point, I bet you that there are some Japanease people who are mad about Naruto always saying Dattebayo as well. Yet if naruto is saying "believe it" or "Datteybayo" They all come down to naruto's character. He[I] is[/I] suppose to be annoying and loud and all, and just with him saying that it justifies his character dattebayo.

To be honost, I think its just a thing that people are going to have to get used to datteybayo. Because I really don't find it that annoying as some other people do datteybayo. Yet in the end, just remember Naruto is just an annoying little character dattebayo.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkOrange]I've only seen one episode of the japanese version of naruto, but I think in the english version he slims down on saying "believe it" a little (it's a huge difference from the beginning of the anime) but to tell you the truth I don't think Naruto's character is annoying at all, that just adds to the humor in the show, although I still barely understand the dattebayo and believe it thing, what does dattebayo mean anyway?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#ff9920][quote name='athrunsgurl][FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkOrange]what does dattebayo mean anyway?[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote][/color][color=#007520]"Dattebayo" doesn't have a literal translation. "Datte" can mean "but" or "because". "yo" is used at the ends of sentences to emphasize. That's pretty much what Naruto uses "Dattebayo" for, emphasis. That's why in the English version the "Believe it!" phrase is used. It has the same purpose, and it's about the same length, and can be said with the same strength.

-r2[/color]

the anime sequels were great! I recomend this to those who find anime boring, to pump up their lives to that level of great adventure.
P.S.
[spoiler]just 4get everything and watch the shows[/spoiler]

[COLOR=#007520][SIZE=1][INDENT]biasmarck_adnu, somebody who's been on the forum from November of last year should know by now how much importance is placed on post content. Any posts like this in the future will be considered spam and deleted. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest temari64
Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards...

Has anyone downloaded the fan subs? My boyfriend has a lot of them, and I've had the opportunity to see through episode 100. If anyone's interested, I can find out what site he gets them from! He also imported Naruto 4 for GameCube. It's AWESOME!!! Can't wait til they get it over here in English (though the Japanese voices are just perfect)...

Naruto is one of my favorite series, and I'm looking forward to finding other big fans!! :animesmil

Guest reuray
go to[COLOR=SeaGreen] Link Removed by Moderator[/COLOR]

to whach full *** naruto show
with subtites

my friend evan has shows that wont be on tv 4 a long time
he has 189 i believe
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]reuray[/B] please take the time to become more familiar with the rules here at Otakuboards. I have removed the link you provided as We do not offer any trading post services at OtakuBoards.com. Furthermore, posting links to illegal ROMs, full episodes of movies or any other such material is unacceptable. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Ukume
I recomend to watch the anime series i have till 168 i think of the japanese version and their just amazing i totally recomended. Hope u guys like it as much as i do

[color=#af992f][size=1]As much as we love to know that you love Naruto as the rest of us. I would like to point out that your post quality as it is, is dangeriously close to what we consider spam here at Otakuboards. Before you continue posting elsewere on these boards I would suggest that you go and review the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules [/URL] and the[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?] FAQ[/URL]. If you have any other questions feel free to Pm either myself or another staff member. ~Ikillion[/size][/color]

God I bought just the first 25 episodes off of ebay because I wasnt sure if I would like it. Now im obsessed with the series. I must get more episodes :animeangr but its still airing in japan, and i already bought episodes 1-187 off of ebay and now i have to get episodes 188-190 :animestun I absolutely fell in love with Kakashi, he's my absolute fav ^-^

-----
Naruto the movie: The Snow Princess

I just received this movie in the mail, I really enjoyed it and recommended it to all. My only question is, at what point does this movie take place. Obviously it was before Sasuke left the Konoha village, but it has to be before he received the cursed seal from Orichmaru. Unless the cursed seal really didnt do much, considering they really didnt have Sasuke play a big role in the movie. I also like how in the movie they have a little more information about some of the adventures Kakashi took on in his past before becoming a teacher ^-^.

[COLOR=#af992f][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][B]MrsKakashi[/B] I merged your thread with the Offical Naruto thread, even though it seems like a good idea to make a new thread about a movie of an anime, if you wish to talk about it feel free to do so in the official thread. ~Ikillion[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I hope that somebody hasn't already created this thread but if they haven't then I guess you can answer this.Who is your favorite good character off of Naruto and who's your favorite character of darkness?

My favorite nice character is Kakashi. I love him :luv:He rocks. All the women love him :2women: Plus he is super powerful and has an almost endless supply of chakra.It's so strong you can see it :animestun .It's amazing.And he has the sharingan.Just like Sasuke. That just about makes him invincible as strong as he already is :D And he's :cool:

My evil one is Orochimaru. He is pure evil. Orochimaru is cold-hearted and doesn't care who he kills.If they get in his way he will hunt them down :animeangr ,give them time to actually run a little(which of course makes no sense because he'll get you anyway even if you have backup which wouldn't change a thing),Or he will go ahead and kill you on the spot which I doubt he'll do because he likes to make it fun for himself. But the weird thing is that he never frowns and when your about to die at his hands he just keeps a smile on his face like Envy(FMA) ;) That really kinda freaks me out but just like Kakashi he's hot and I like him :catgirl: :heart:

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Azarath, in the future if you have anything that you would like to talk about that involves naruto, please try to keep it in the offical thread. If you cannot find an official tread for a certain anime, feel free to use the offical thread directory located at the top of the page ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Itachi Sanada
I've been hooked ever since it appeared on Toonami. And now I'm starting to get into the manga series.

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Itachi Sanada please try to improve your post quality, add a little bit more discussion to the topic like why you have been hooked on the anime known as naruto or how it has really clung to you. As right now your post does cout to what we would call spam here at Otakuboards. ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]i got hooked on the Naruto manga but i started at volume2 and didnt read volume 1 till about whne volume4-5 came out ^_^ i've seen most of the show's sub and read all the chapters currently out [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Who knows, I know that I don't yet the fillers are a real pain yet I had just realised something dot dot dot.

[spoiler]For those of you who read the manga, you already know about the 2.5 leap in time that passes through the series yeah?[/spoiler] Well I just realised that fillers have been on for over a year. (I believe it started sometime in the spring of 2005). What would be really odd/confusing/just plain mean is if the fillers were going to actually go on for the [spoiler] 2.5 years as said in the manga[/spoiler]

I hope it doesnt though, because if it does I may have to go and hurt people[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Dagger']...I just watched the first episode of Naruto (although I already knew the basics of its characters and plot). I was slightly underwhelmed, especially considering all the wonderful things I've heard about this show; OB is chock-full of Naruto fans...[/quote]

Naruto opening and closing songs get better and better, you cant really judge naruto by its first episode, the more episodes you watch the better it gets. Dont get my wrong I love Innuyasha just as much, but Naruto is now my number one anime, it's even knocked out Sailormoon which I was obsessed about. But yeah I am now seriously obsessed with Naruto ^-^

[color=navy][size=1]Don't quote a (fairly) giant post when you're just going to post a few sentences in reply, dude. Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

I dunno, but I think they have fillers so that the manga can catch up with the series, but thats most popular belief so far.

I personally don't have a problem with them [spoiler]you can tell they were really bored when episode 101 came out[/spoiler]. So, I didn't get a chance to watch Naruto today I was wondering around the web. Am I the only one that thinks to many battle scenes at once get boring?

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

[spoiler]For those of you who read the manga, you already know about the 2.5 leap in time that passes through the series yeah?[/spoiler] Well I just realised that fillers have been on for over a year. (I believe it started sometime in the spring of 2005). What would be really odd/confusing/just plain mean is if the fillers were going to actually go on for the [spoiler] 2.5 years as said in the manga[/spoiler]

I hope it doesnt though, because if it does I may have to go and hurt people[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] .... :<

[spoiler] Naw, because then they'd have to make fillers of Naruto training with Jiraiya. *chews nails* And Sakura training with Godaime. And. Yeah. >____>. Shoot me now.

I WANT KAKASHI GAIDEN DAMMIT.

*heave*

I caught on sort of late into the Naruto fandom (around the time the Valley of the End arc episodes were being released), but has any filler period lasted this long? I'm guessing no, considering most of the fandom's pulling of hair about all the fillers.

I'm guessing it'll get back on track around fall, though. If it's later... I mean, the manga's doing alright, but it's letting me down, so I'm just wishing the episodes will come out soon. [/spoiler][/color]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]...dare I say...

I haven't been watching the fillers, so I decided to check the lastest one out considering it had Lee, who made a dojo, and...

I liked it! :animestun

Lee caught the clone with his bandage, and continued with a Omote Renge! That was wicked!

I liked this filler. Shut up. :mad:

EDIT: I watched the OVA, Konoha Sport Festival, and I saw Yondaime!!! Naruto was running to the bathroom, and he ran right pass him!!! His alive!!!lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=dimgray][spoiler]Yeah, that was incredibly random. They even ran into each other.

Yondaime: hey I'm your dead father.
Naruto: get out of my way kthx.[/spoiler]

As for the fillers... who doesn't like Lee? :D I might download this one just because Lee is in it.[/color]

Guest imUlssels101
[COLOR=Red][FONT=Trebuchet MS]my absolute FAVE anime =][/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][indent][color=#007520]imUlssels101, throw us a bone. Maybe you can say [i]why[/i] it's your favourite anime. Maybe you can tell us how long you've liked it. Who your favourite characters are, and why. OB emphasizes conversation. Future posts like this will be considered spam and they will be deleted. Be sure to read the rules before continuing to post. -r2[/color][/indent][/size]

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray][spoiler]Yondaime: hey I'm your dead father.
Naruto: get out of my way kthx.[/spoiler][/color][/QUOTE]

Oh my that made me giggle with delight, I may just be tempted to get that OVA now.

Well as a side note I have to admit, I have watched just about every filler that has come out thus far -doges attacks- I think I saved all of them to around like episode 170 then I was all like. "Wait a minute why am I doing this? Its wasting my disk space...

Naruto: But... you love me..
Me: No I don't like fillers, kthxbye -delete-

Yet if the fillers arnt over by around ep 200 I think I just may kill someone...with awesome Ninjustu action![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yet if the fillers arnt over by around ep 200 I think I just may kill someone...with awesome Ninjustu action![/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
Seriously... as everyone's noticed, there's been 61 episodes of fillers so far. I think Naruto has earned the World Record for longest running fillers, ever... :animesigh

Did any one notice the quality of Episode 191?

[IMG]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1516/craptasticfillers0wm.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4154/vlcsnap1772072cy.png[/IMG]

;_;

...This really hurts...[/FONT][/COLOR]

i didnt reach that episode yet, but [B]MAN[/B] THAT LOOKS TERRIBLE!!!!! i'd hate to see how Shikamaru looks... :animeswea

[QUOTE=Fluffeh]*looks over at everyones' post and eyes widen*I'm on episode 120...obsessed much? Oh yeah...

When is it on Toonami? i thought it was on Adult Swim*bangs head against wall*[/QUOTE]

...Bleach is on Adult Swim. i dont know if that helps your dillema, but it will be on Adult Swim, along with Trinity Blood. Naruto is on at 9 pm on Saturdays, with last weeks episode at 8:30, i think.
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]KyuubiKhaos[/B], it is not necessary to quote everything when responding to someone else's post, especially when it's right above your post. Also do not double post. If you need to add something just use the edit button located in the lower right hand corner of your post. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]