Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jeawlcena
I think its sakura cause of her smarts and her strong will to become stronger just like the others. That and when u make fun of her forehead and looks she can get scary. [URL]http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/Naruto/sakura/naruto_sakura0011.jpg[/URL]

[COLOR=Navy]I would hab 2 say currently is either Naruto or Kakashi..because 4 one thing naruto has the rasengan & the demon fox's chakra & he can regenerate a bit more quicker than the others!And Kakashi became a jounin at the age of 13 or was it 12...??
he also has the sharingan which he always uses & has 1000 jutsus at his disposal,but I heard that sakura was gonna get more stronger 'cause shes gonna get tsunade's strength too in Naruto 2...i guess all of em are the strongest... & sasuke..not sure yet on what new technique he'll get from the snake guy... :animeswea [/COLOR]

Guest x X naruto Xx
[QUOTE=SasukeUchiha]Who watches Naruto here ^^
Its probably my favorite anime.
Newho, I just wanted to see what other people thought about it if they had seen it. And I wanted to ask if neone knows where I can check on the licensing of the DVDS? Meaning to see if they plan to realease them.

Thnx ^^

Preston[/QUOTE]

NARUTO IS THE BEST no matter what people say about it its like the best like no other anime comes close to naruto thats how good it is
[INDENT][COLOR=Indigo]
[SIZE=1]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]x X naruto Xx[/B], Post quality is very important as it should encourage further converstion. Please put a little more effort into your post. For example you could have explained why you think Naruto is the best. Please take a moment to review the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] and [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?]FAQ[/URL] located on the left side bar. If you have any questions feel free to pm myslef or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

I practically live,breathe naruto!!!I cant get enough of it!even my friends are all fans of it!I think naruto is cool,but my fave characters are Kakashi,Hinata,Shikamaru,4th,Lee&Tenten!They all rock out loud :animesmil
But my classmates say naruto sucks...but i think theyre the ones who suck! :D
Don't care wat people say about naruto..It still rocks & it has me hooked on it for years already! :animesmil

How many people like the american tv show compared too the manga? I really wanna know beacause if you have read m previous posts you know I hate this anime. What do you guys who watch the anime find reedemable about this anime? I can find nothng at all. Hell ill go as far and say one peice is a better anime than naruto. (ohhh yea I said it what what?)

[quote name='Avenged666fold']How many people like the american tv show compared too the manga? I really wanna know beacause if you have read m previous posts you know I hate this anime. What do you guys who watch the anime find reedemable about this anime? I can find nothng at all. Hell ill go as far and say one peice is a better anime than naruto. (ohhh yea I said it what what?)[/quote]
[color=dodgerblue]If you've already said that you hate this anime in previous posts, then why bother voicing it again if you're going to become repeatative? It's great to know that not everyone's hooked on Naruto, but it doesn't mean you have to go as far as to slam everyone else's opinion. Not everyone has to like what you like or dislike what you dislike, why not face up to the fact that your cynicism will get you nowhere and go disrupt others elsewhere? Heh, I like One Piece, too, but as I said, my own individual likes aren't exactly like yours, and who cares? I still love Naruto best. If you're so hooked up on the 'American TV Show' compared to the Manga, then why not watch the Japanese subbed version? I personally prefer that to the American dubbed version, but it doesn't make my like of Naruto any less. I'm unsure if you just hate the anime or hate both the anime and manga, but you've obviously not found anything that's compatible with your likes, and that's fair enough. Why not try something different then, instead of being so stuck on how much you dislike Naruto? There are loads of other anime, just take your pick.[/color]

[quote name='Shinjitsu][color=dodgerblue']If you've already said that you hate this anime in previous posts, then why bother voicing it again if you're going to become repeatative?[/color][/quote]
I didn't just say that for announcing my hate. Im actually asking what is reedemable. So maybe I can find it and enjoy the anime. Also I love the manga for Naruto and one peice. So can anybody please enlighten me?

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Try not to let the length of a quote exceed the length of your own writing, especially if you're replying to something so recent. This only clutters up the thread and makes it difficult to tell which aspect of the person's post prompted your reply. If you're replying to the most recent post, we can tell who you're replying to. ;) -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']I didn't just say that for announcing my hate. Im actually asking what is reedemable. So maybe I can find it and enjoy the anime. Also I love the manga for Naruto and one peice. So can anybody please enlighten me?[/quote]
[color=dodgerblue]well that's fair enough, I guess. I found that I really didn't like the American dubbed version mainly because of the voices, however, with the anime I guess I liked the additional bits that you just don't see in the Manga. For example, [spoiler]Naruto, Neji & TenTen's mission, as well as how Hinata found her own style of fighting[/spoiler]... I guess what I like best is the sfx and such. Mainly the fighting scenes; which you can only imagine so much of with the Manga, you can visibly see techniques that you could perhaps not imagine so well while reading the Manga. Redeeming qualities of the Anime Naruto? I'm not entirely sure what I could dislike about it, besides the first few episodes being a not so well done, but that's to be expected when something starts off, I guess. Mainly the fighting scenes are what drew me into the anime. However, saying that, I started watching the Naruto anime around episode 14 and had to back-track, and from watching the anime I decided to read the Manga; which got me hooked. I can't deny that I find the manga more 'approachable' than the anime, but either way I still love it. As for One Piece, well I found the anime disturbingly not as great as I found the manga, so I guess there's a pattern as to where my likes and dislikes lie ;) [/color]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']How many people like the american tv show compared too the manga? I really wanna know beacause if you have read m previous posts you know I hate this anime. What do you guys who watch the anime find reedemable about this anime? I can find nothng at all. Hell ill go as far and say one peice is a better anime than naruto. (ohhh yea I said it what what?)[/quote]

[color=darkslateblue] I haven't watched the Naruto released on CN, but filler-Naruto is downright... bad. I just enjoy watching the main-story arcs of the Naruto anime because I like the manga a lot. The fillers are completely random and lame because Kishimoto has nothing to do with them. [/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue'] I haven't watched the Naruto released on CN, but filler-Naruto is downright... bad. I just enjoy watching the main-story arcs of the Naruto anime because I like the manga a lot. The fillers are completely random and lame because Kishimoto has nothing to do with them. [/color][/quote]
[color=dodgerblue]lol! That's really true. I really hated the [spoiler]Naruto's Death[/spoiler] episode *shudders* It just shows that nobody can replace Kishimoto's awesomeness.[/color]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Im actually asking what is reedemable. //snip// Also I love the manga for Naruto and one peice.[/quote]Actually, I find the Naruto Anime to be the most faithful adaptation of a Manga I've ever read. So much so that I see them both as pretty much the same entity.

I read the manga because I like to follow the story. The Anime (even during regular arcs) has a lot of fillers and extensions that the Manga doesn't have. Sometimes this is good. But a lot of times it can get pretty tedious to watch an extended battle scene for, really, no purpose but to give the Manga more time to get ahead.

When I watch the Anime, it's because like an enhanced version of the Manga for me. All the fights from the Manga are in there, it has the same characters and follows the same story. Though, moving pictures, background music, sound effects, and voice acting are something that you can't find in a Manga chapter.

What's also nice is that some of the fights that are glazed over in the Manga are shown in full in the Anime. Take for example the Chuunin Exam Preliminary [spoiler]Ten Ten vs Temari[/spoiler] fight. In the Manga, they only showed the aftermath of the battle, while the Anime had the whole thing. I'm sure they'll have the Team Gai [spoiler]Clone Wars[/spoiler] in the Anime too. I felt cheated when we didn't get to see that fight in the Manga.

If you like the Manga and you want to find qualities in the Anime you might like, ask yourself a few questions.
What do you like about the Manga? Is it in the Anime? and What do you not like about the Anime? Is it really something worth hating the Anime over?

If you still find yourself not liking the Anime, don't sweat it. Like Shinjitsu said, not everyone has to like the same things.

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Does anybody feel that Kishimoto-sensei's art style was a little different in this picture as opposed to the one under it?//snip//[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Everything I say is aimed at you Tatsu. ;) Except that. And that. And this. and. *cough*.

Personally, I don't see much of a difference in the two pictures. In one Naruto's forhead seems to be a little bigger, but I blame perspective. What is it that you see?

[quote name='Lunox][spoiler']*also crosses fingers for a small fight between Sasuke and Sai*[/spoiler][/quote]I'd like to see that too, but for some reason I don't see it happenning anytime soon. Why would Orochimaru pit his new [spoiler]spy against his child prodigy[/spoiler]? Though, actually, I'd like to see [spoiler]Sasuke fight[/spoiler] anybody at this moment.

-Arvi

[quote name='r2vq']//snip// If you still find yourself not liking the Anime, don't sweat it. Like Shinjitsu said, not everyone has to like the same things.[/quote]
Thank you very much for that. That is a decent reason and it kind of sways me. I guess I can ignore bad voice acting and a horrible theme song and no blood for that. Thank you know all I have to do know is wait 8 years to buy the dvds :(

[SIZE=1][INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed]Avenged666fold, I shorted the quote. There's no need to have such a long quote. If it's longer than yours, it really makes the boards messy. Remember that you can shorten the quote by removing text withing the [quote] tags. -Arvi[/COLOR][/INDENT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='daredevilsdad']where are my manners my name is daredevilsdad and i am i fan of naruto too sorry to but in like that its just naruto is a great manga couldnt resist[/quote]

Don't worry about it, it happens so much I completely disregard it now... :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

I believe episode 178 is currently out right now.
Haha my calendar has the countdown for how many days is left. XD I'm extremely happy about the filler ending. w00t [spoiler]Kakashi Gaiden[/spoiler]! And then... [spoiler]the Gaara part[/spoiler] and the search for [spoiler]Sasuke[/spoiler] good stuff. Can't wait one second. Well I guess I'll have to.. but it's fun I want to hear [spoiler]Yondaime's voice!!!![/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Gaara kun]I believe episode 178 is currently out right now.
Haha my calendar has the countdown for how many days is left. XD I'm extremely happy about the filler ending. w00t [spoiler]Kakashi Gaiden[/spoiler]! And then... [spoiler]the Gaara part[/spoiler] and the search for [spoiler]Sasuke[/spoiler] good stuff. Can't wait one second. Well I guess I'll have to.. but it's fun I want to hear [spoiler]Yondaime's voice!!!![/spoiler][/QUOTE]

hi thanks for the infor by the way does anyone no when exactly the anime is catching up to the manga and what episode it will be thanx

[quote=Ikillion]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]04/12 Episode 180: Secret Technique, Compensation of Kujaku Myouhou
04/19 Episode 181: Hoshikage, The Buried Truth
04/26 Episode 182: Meeting again, it's time to leave. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]
[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Gah! Now I feel as if nobody even read that the first time I posted it, I feel so unloved! -whines- yet anyways atleast I feel a little better though, atleast I finally get to seen[spoiler] Sasori finally die...and ZETSU STLL ROCKS![/spoiler] Its all just a matter of time though now.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hey folks,

Same deal as the Bleach Thread.

Because the Naruto Manga contains spoilers for those who only watch the Anime, members who didn't read the Manga had no place to discuss Naruto. Since Manga conversation should only be taking place in the Manga Lounge anyway, I split the Naruto Thread into Anime and Manga.

Unlike the Bleach Thread, I only went back to the beginning of this year. This is due to the sheer amount discussion about the Naruto manga taking place in this thread since March of 2004, and the amount of time it would take to split the entire thread.

If you wish to discuss Naruto [B]Anime[/B], you can continue to do so in the thread you are currently viewing.
If you wish to discuss Naruto [b]Manga[/b], [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=52889]please {click here} and feel free to continue the discussion in the Manga Lounge[/url]. (This may change in the near future if there is already a Naruto Thread in Manga Lounge).

If any posts fell slipped through as I seperated the threads, or if any members post in the wrong forum, please use the "Report Post" feature to contact the moderators of the respective forums.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators.
Happy posting.

-Arvi

[color=dodgerblue]lol, good call. Just going to quote what I said in my last post that got sent to the Manga bit:[/color]
[quote name='Shinjitsu][color=dodgerblue] In other news: [spoiler]THE FILLER EPISODES ARE ENDING OMFG THEY'RE ENDING. then two episodes will be kakashi's gaiden and then WHOOSH it's going to be TIME JUMP NARUTO OMFG OMFG OMFG. the only thing is that they're changing the voice actor for naruto completely so it's going to be a little wierd and stuff. AHHHHHHH BUT OMF OMFG. WOW. GAH. *flails*[/spoiler'] *cough* Meh, it happens -_-[/color][/quote]
[color=dodgerblue]Well, that's what I heard anyway, and to answer daredevilsdad's question on where I got that info from, it was an ever reliable source ([url=http://www.leafninja.com/index.php]Leafninja.com[/url]), lol.[/color]

[quote][color=dodgerblue]Well, that's what I heard anyway, and to answer daredevilsdad's question on where I got that info from, it was an ever reliable source ([url=http://www.leafninja.com/index.php]Leafninja.com[/url]), lol.[/color][/QUOTE]

thanx alot mate im checking out that site now its good

[quote name='daredevilsdad']thanx alot mate im checking out that site now its good[/quote]
[color=dodgerblue]lol, you're very muchly welcome. I also get info from the 'chuunin' community in livejournal, where people converse about the anime and manga, the upcoming episodes, old episodes, new episodes, chapters, etc, etc. Plus they have fanfics, avs/icons, banners, etc, that naruto fans make :) There was a debate recently as to wether or not we preferred dubbed to subbed naruto anime, lol, and most preferred subbed, mainly because the voices are much better in Japanese (well, that's my opinion and a few others' as well). Anyhow, that leafninja.com site is really awesome. It has full biographies of each of the characters and is constantly kept up-to-date.

OMFG EDIT!!!
[[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Link Removed[/COLOR]] & [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][Link Removed[/COLOR]]!!! I have to say I love the opening ^_^ It's really good and the song is great too! The ending is... well... I don't care much about it. XD" My only reaction: Cellphones... wtf???[/color]

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][B]Shinjitsu[/B], please do not provide links to copyrighted materials. If you take a look here: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][B]Rules[/B][/COLOR][/URL] you will see that linking to copyrighted materials is not allowed at OtakuBoards. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Defintly a Naruto fan, it's somewhere on my top 5 (that isn't 1). I admit it started off a bit slow for me, but i really started getting into it during the later squad training from season 1. My favorite part was the second part of the chounin tests through the end of the tournament. In this part the unique abilities, growth in power and maturity, and reasons for motivation of the genin are explained and shown. I really started to solidfy a lot of my favorite characters here.

That is what i believe to be Naruto's biggest strength, it's characters. They is a large variety and many of them with detailed backstories and progression. It is a great source of action as well, with a decent storyline. I've only seen up to episode 70 something, but looking forward to seeing the rest whenever i can get my hands on em.

-------------------------

I suppose this thread could breed possible spoilers for those who have not yet seen the chounin test and tournament episodes, i'll try to keep my mine vague enough so not to give anything away. But im assuming the majority of the naruto fans here have seen these episodes.

Simple to answer for me:

Neji Hyuga: Thinks highly of himself, a genious, and one of the most powerful and useful abilities in the Byakugen which also allows for the most powerful taijitsu style. I indentify with him the most out of any of the others in terms of his intellegence and psychological aptitude.

and

Rock Lee: Rock lee is second to none in dedication and hard work, eventhough he has been labled as a dropout, it hardly piereces his iron will to become one of the best ninjas possible. And despite his lack of ninjutsu skills, his taijitsu skills (especially if you've seen his tournament fight) are incredibly badass to say the very least. To do what he can with only his body, legs, and fists is probably the most impressive achievements of any of the genin.

[COLOR=DarkRed][INDENT][SIZE=1]BKstyles, I merged your thread with the Naruto thread and merged your post with your original post to avoid double posting. If you want to talk about one Anime, use the official Anime Thread. You can talk about other Genin, Chuunin, or Jounin in the Official Naruto Thread. You can talk about Bloodline limits or anything that has to do with the Naruto Anime in here. Check out [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=37269]here[/url] and [url=http://otakuboards.com/rules.php?]here[/url] for more information. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -Arvi[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[color=dimgray] Anyone here watch the 2nd Naruto movie yet?

[spoiler]Ok, so I went in watching it knowing that the plot would be on crack because Kishimoto had nothing to do with it... and the plot was crack. Not a funny crack. Just bad. :D

But it was such a fangirl pleasing movie for me. XD

1) Gaara and Kankuro and Shikamaru! Yaaay. It only made me more excited for the real Naruto episodes to start up again and for us to see Gaara.
2) Excellent animation. Right now I'm thinking about the fight between Sakura and that weird...wolf chick. Amazingly fluid and quick, which is how I like it.
3) Naruto=ADORABLE AND LOVABLE OMG. His expressions were so cute and Naruto-ish. :3 *is ridiculously pleased*
4) Random ferret.
5) Evil guy's monocle and pope hat.
6) Being able to predict... pretty much everything.

Sometimes the animation was [i]way[/i] off. I remember looking at one screencap of Naruto running across the bridge, and his arm was basically about 5 inches long or something. And at the very end, the whole thing was unbalanced, and it looked like the ship was going to capsize. But... Naruto's adorable-ness makes up for everything. [/spoiler][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hahaha Lunox. Now I really want to see it. I only saw a preview for it and it had Gaara in it so you know..I must see it now. ;P By the way you described it, it doesn't sound that great but being a rabid fan of Naruto anime/manga I'm going to anyways. :rolleyes: [/COLOR]