OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[quote name='Tallgeese-']Well I did watch Temari vs Shikamaru in sub and I was wondering why he wasn't saying "this is such a drag".[/quote]

In the subs, I'm sure you've noticed that Shikamaru's tag line is along the lines of "How troublesome" and that's how many took it to be; however, the American dub changed it to "What a drag". It's little things like that that can end up changed when translated. Another example would be Sakura and her inner self's line of "SHANNARO" in the subs whereas they changed it to "Cha" in the dubs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ben Holiday']Is it true will February 15th be the end of fillers and the start of the storyline again?[/quote]
[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Yes, it is offical, so you can look forward to those filler's ending very soon.^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Kitana23]Ok I know about 85% of the naruto watching population think Naruto and Hinata should hook up but drop the favoratism. I love hinata but Naruto just does not see her in that light. where he has liked sakura from the start, and even though she is one of the most annoying characters in the series thier personallities match very well. just to me naruto and sakura. Oh and what ever other character pairning you believe are good too

don't take any personal offense Hinata x Naruto fanss . :animesigh
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]I've merged your thread with the already existing Naruto thread. Next time be sure to check the offical thread directory before starting an anime specific thread. If this is unclear, a quick re-read of the rules of the Anime Lounge will clear things up. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well personally I've always been a hardcore SasukexSakura fan, which is why I tend to pair Hinata with Naruto. I suppose I'm the type of romantic who enjoys it when the girl finally gets the guy she's been following. Also, because since the pairings are opposite of each other, they balance out well. Naruto's loud, obnoxious nature balances out Hinata's timid and shy one. Sasuke's dark and brooding, and Sakura's light and cheery (with a hilarious temper :D ).

Also, as I've constantly noticed, most people can't stand Sakura because she's the epitome of annoying in the starting of the series as well as doesn't do much. While I was irked by it in the beginning, as I continued watching to later in the series, she has undoubtedly become my favorite character due to her immense improvement. So I say just give her a chance. And same with Hinata. Sure the two don't get the action spotlights often, but usually when they do, it's pretty gratifying.

Oh and is there anyone who likes Neji paired with TenTen?

I tried to like this show, especially since it started out so well, the characters with their different yet fun personalities really drew me in. But then the fillers started, and at that point my enjoyment died, as it just seemed like all they did was drag things out needlessly.

I still catch an episode every now and then, but not very often.

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]I tried to like this show, especially since it started out so well, the characters with their different yet fun personalities really drew me in. But then the fillers started, and at that point my enjoyment died, as it just seemed like all they did was drag things out needlessly.

I still catch an episode every now and then, but not very often.[/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] Yeah, a lot of people have stopped watching the fillers and are planning to start up again this spring. They're necessary, though, so I can't complain too much.

Which is why you should read the manga. :P[/color]

Here's how I see the fillers: watch them if you like, but don't bother "judging" Naruto by them.

The anime obviously derives its content from the manga, and when the show first started it caught up with the manga rather quickly. I'm not sure exactly where the manga was when the fillers started, but since an anime episode generally encompasses more than one chapter, there wouldn't have been much more raw content to use (the anime isn't going to go further than the manga, of course). And even if they had gone all the way up to the manga, they would have left right in the middle of the story line; if they released episodes as the manga came out, we'd probably get one every.. month and a half, if we're lucky. In the manga, there's a defining point of separation, and the anime ended nearly on that point (except for Kakashi Gaiden). Personally I'd rather get these new episodes all at once than killing myself over waiting for each one, haha.

I can understand that people may get frustrated when watching the fillers, but it's either that or no Naruto at all for a couple years. If you decide to watch it, you're making the choice of being moderately entertained until the actual storyline progresses once again. Just don't expect any content that will relate to true character or story development to come. In hindsight, I think it will be seen that these fillers were for the best, even though the fillers themselves could be more interesting. :p

That being said, I can't wait until February. lol

I have watched up to episode 85 and some random shows in the 100s and 200s. It is true, the first episode doesn't represent the show at all, but later it gets really good but there are episodes that just revolve around comedy and very little with the normal story line, but all in all the later episodes get to be really good..I can't stress that enough, so I will leave it at that.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=plum][/color][/font][font=Comic Sans MS][color=black]I'm currently following the dub and I must say that I like Naruto. What I mainly like about the show are the characters. If I have to choose a favorite, then it would be Neji. I think he's pretty cool as a character. I don't know about the fillers since, like I stated in my first sentence, I only watching the dub of Naruto. What I really need to do now is read more of the manga ;)[/color][/font]

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMJBClMsmg]Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles Preview[/url'][/color][/quote]
Gah, Beat me to it.

...They are 2.5 years older though right? Why is Naruto's voice almost [I]exactly[/I] the same?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
Gah, Beat me to it.

...They are 2.5 years older though right? Why is Naruto's voice almost [I]exactly[/I] the same?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] Eh. Have no idea.

Bad news (for me) has arrived: Kakashi Gaiden is not going to be the first part of Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles. My inner fangirl cried. I wanted to see Kakashi and Obito and Rin and omg Yondaime. *head/desk* There better be an OVA. [/color]

[QUOTE=Syk3] I can understand that people may get frustrated when watching the fillers, but it's either that or no Naruto at all for a couple years. If you decide to watch it, you're making the choice of being moderately entertained until the actual storyline progresses once again. Just don't expect any content that will relate to true character or story development to come. In hindsight, I think it will be seen that these fillers were for the best, even though the fillers themselves could be more interesting. :p

That being said, I can't wait until February. lol[/QUOTE]I guess I'm the oddball as I'd rather wait. ;) That or if there is going to be fillers that they be more than a copy and paste of previous episodes. Like the episode right before the second part of the exams they took near the beginning of the series. Or that the content is mildly entertaining in some fashion, they just felt like a huge letdown after the series got off to a good start.

And to be fair I don?t like any show that drags things out, whether or not it?s anime doesn?t matter. Once they get back into the plot I'll probably start watching it again after finding a summary of things online so I'm not too lost as to what's going on.

Gah, Beat me to it.

...They are 2.5 years older though right? Why is Naruto's voice almost [I]exactly[/I] the same?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

His voice sounds exactly the same to me (but then again my speakers are crap :animeswea ).

Maybe Naruto's voice is one of those voices that doesn't change much until he's way older?

YouTube also has an extended teaser as well, but all their voices sounded really quiet.

I suspect that Junko Takeuchi's voice can only go so low...

Come to think of it, I wonder if there's a precedent in any anime for switching seiyuu as a male character gets older. If he's an adult at the beginning, they usually use a female voice for flashbacks, but what about when the story is presented in chronological order?

~Dagger~

[color=dimgray] His voice isn't too off for a 15/16-year-old. Maybe we'll see if Naruto's mannerisms have calmed down when the new arc comes out. I was mostly disppointed with his appearance. To be fair, it's not bad at all, but I was just hoping for some dramatic change or something. P: [/color]

• 3 weeks later...
For those of you still keeping up with the fillers, did anyone else notice a jump in quality with this episode? Not the story, of course, it was still re-done crap, as usual. ^_^ But the animation was pretty smooth, and they even seemed to try putting in mouth movements in the beginning segment. Everything just seemed a bit more glossier, shinnier, newer.. I dunno how I'd feel about them using that for the upcoming episodes, but I think I would prefer them [i]not[/i] trying to imitate mouth movements.

Oh, and I thought Naruto sounded at least a little deeper than usual in that clip.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I'm still a little bit behind in the fillers, but i skipped ahead to episode 218 to check the quality. And, it really wasnt half-bad! in fact, it [B]did[/B] improve over time!!

As for the appearance of the new Naruto, I think it really isn't so bad! I like the new orange-black look! Now, as for his voice....um, well, we'll just have to wait and see how Takeuchi-sama handles [B]this[/B] one...[/COLOR]

---

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMJBClMsmg]Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles Preview[/url].

That's hot. [/color][/QUOTE]

yeah, it really was!! However, i saw 2 more that were just as good!!

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnreHUd1-GY][I]Naruto Narutimate Hero Accel[/I] (Ultimate Ninja 4)[/URL]

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o3eIEJWV1Q][I]possibly a .....movie ad?![/I][/URL]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Please don't double post. If you're going to add something just use the add button ~Ikillion[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tallgeese-']You guys liking the current filler arc? It's not that bad[/quote]I'm not big on it mainly because I see it as completely re-using [spoiler]the final episodes of the story where they captured Sasuke, and each person had to fight their "equal" rival before backup arrived.[/spoiler] *shrug* Then again, I didn't really like those episodes for the most part, either. lol At this point I could really care less about the fillers, though, so maybe I'm not giving them much of a chance.

EDIT: Ooooh, I can really feel it now! I actually saw clips from the manga in the next episode preview, not to mention the episode name. XD I just hope they actually show Kakashi Gaiden, or I'm ganna be pissed (or probably just end up reading the manga <_<).

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][B]It has to be one, if not my current favorite, anime. The dubbed version generally... sucks. In my opinion. I prefer watching the subbed (they're a million episodes farther ahead anyway).

So why is my siggy/avvie still FMA? I worked too hard on this banner to change it.[/B] :catgirl: [/SIZE] [/FONT]

Guest Priest88
I LOVE NARUTO
i only watch it ocassionally because when i do, its for hours on end
its an addiction :animestun i hope the fillers end soon because its getting really annoying
at first i tried dowloading naruto from azureus, but since im on a lap top, then i can't keep the laptop on and it was too slow
so i got a friend to burn them on too a disc, but then he kept forgetting and the discs were all scratched
so he recommended a great site
[[COLOR=DarkRed]Link Removed By Moderator[/COLOR]] that has AALL the anime you an watch... even the ones we never heard of (no inappropriate stuff though) its slightly worse graphics than that of the torrent episodes, but only in battle scenes. and if you pay, you get to watch in HD!!!! :cool:

p.s. i seriously hope im not breaking any rules :animeblus
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
Actually you are breaking one important rule, linking to illegal copies of anime is not allowed. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Naruto is an excellent anime, no doubt, but one can't help but complain about the vast number of fillers there are. Of course, that's not the creators' fault.

In any case, when it's tie for those episodes to premiere in America, will they show [I]all[/I] of the filler episodes in the states, seeing as they have no relation to the original storyline whatsoever???

Well in any case, for those of you who haven't been watching..

[b][size=4][color=Red]THE FILLERS ARE NOW OVER.[/color][/size]

[/b]I watched episode 220 on Thursday night and Naruto has officially [spoiler]left the village with Jirayia[/spoiler], and next episode is an hour long special where [spoiler]he comes back to the village after 2 1/2 years[/spoiler]. However, if they're starting Shippuden right away.. [i]they've skipped over Kakashi Gaiden! [/i]>:O Oh well, I read the manga part last night, so I'm good. Something tells me it will be made into a movie or long OVA of some sort.