OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see now!!! I was confused because I was like, "Why's Naruto surprised by his own hand?

But Now I see.

Anyway, RAW 282:
[spoiler]Shino looks freaking cool, Akamaru's freaking huge, I freaking miss Kiba's hoodie, and Hinata's freaking cute. :D [/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Navy]Just when you thought Shino couldn't get any cooler, chapter 282 comes along.

Naruto Central has a low quality, downloadable version of 282. I mention this merely for the fact that no matter what I do, I cannot read anything on NMR(the images never load ;_;).

Anyway, onto the last few chapters.

[spoiler]I'm very happy that we're finally beginning to see everyone else from the rookie nine. Shino and Kiba have gone even farther up on the "Naruto characters who are smexy" list, and they were already pretty high before. Sai is a very intriguing character. I can't wait to see what all he has to do with the plot. Something devious, I suppose, as you would expect.

I'm curious as to how Kakashi got his Mange Kyou Sharingan. Extremely curious. I think if Kishimoto-sensei doesn't reveal it soon, I might just die...

And thank God that Gaara is alive. I don't know what I'd do if he was gone for good.

Cry and sulk, I guess. Just like I did when Zabuza died lol. I have a bad habit of getting attached to characters who die(I swear to God, it's a proven fact. Almost every single one of my favorite characters has ended up dying.). But I digress.

I don't think I would have even noticed the sand if you guys hadn't of pointed it out. That is pretty interesting. Maybe there are certain powers that Gaara still retained, even with Shukaku gone. If he can really still control sand, its probably more limited than it used to be. It'll be interesting to see how strong Gaara is without Shukaku.

Sympathy for Gaara: he can SLEEP now lol! Or maybe since he's been an insomniac for so long, he'll continue to be one. I don't know. I'm just curious as to whether or not the black around his eyes will be gone the next time we see him(meaning that he would in fact be sleeping).

Having seen six of the rookie nine, the only three remaining are Ino, Chouji and Sasuke. I think Ino and Chouji will make an appearance next chapter, or at least some time soon. We probably won't see Sasuke for awhile yet.

Even though I don't like Sasuke all that much, it'll be interesting to see how much he's changed.

I like Tobi. He's cool XD[/spoiler]

Can't wait for the next chapter.

-DDG[/COLOR]

Who's Tobi?

And zomfg I never noticed the [spoiler]sand[/spoiler] in 281. xD

[spoiler] RANT RANT RANT RAVE RAVE RAVE.
ZOMFG ZOMFG ZOMFG IT'S HINATA[/spoiler][/fanboy]

[spoiler]Sorry. I really, really like that character and I'm so happy that she's finally there. I was beginning to have doubts that she would ever return. T_T
I'm pretty sure her hair has gotten longer. I'm assuming it will look similar to Neji's and her Father's. This disappoints me because I really liked her hair.

But YAY Time Skip Hinata exists!!
And Time Skip Shino is so funny xD.[/spoiler]

-ArV

[size=1]Ah, no matter what you can never see Kakashi's face, he's either facing the other way or is hiding it with a bed sheet! *attacks his mask* Hospitals must stink...

Anyways, Akamaru looks really cool I wonder how he got like that (must have fed him a ton of soldier pills!) and Shino does look really cool and he's alot funnier than he used to be. "I see you had no problem recognizing Kiba or Hinata, Naruto..."

Whats with this Sai guy, I don't like him, he seems starnge *pokes him* [/size]

[QUOTE=r2vq]Ah! I used trustworthy old [spoiler]Google[/spoiler]!

Tobi is swirly face. I never really bothered to remember his name xD.
Sai is a new character from Chapter 281. hehe, I knew that one already.

-ArV[/QUOTE]

Oh!! *smacks head* I'm retarded and didn't see the 2nd page to continue chap.281 :animestun haha it's all clear now.

[size=1]Your brothers lucky and so are you cause i've only seen up to episode 5 (I seem to be busy or gone every Saturday! I need to start taping them)!

Tobi? I thought his name was Chouji (thats what it is in the manga). Oh well, maybe they changed his name in the American version or something.[/size]

[QUOTE=KKC][size=1]Your brothers lucky and so are you cause i've only seen up to episode 5 (I seem to be busy or gone every Saturday! I need to start taping them)!

Tobi? I thought his name was Chouji (thats what it is in the manga). Oh well, maybe they changed his name in the American version or something.[/size][/QUOTE]
[color=navy]No, no. Tobi is a new character, he was introduced in chapter 280. Check my attachments for a picture of him if you still don't know who he is.

Chouji is still Chouji, I believe, in the American version(both the anime and manga).[/color]

WTF!!!!cartoon network has destroyd anime and other cool cartoons in the past but now it has gone way too far! they have man handled and massacared naruto beyond all possible controll!for gaaras voice theyre using kaiba from yu-gi-dork(yu-gi-oh)its an abonimation they also used a chick for poor naru uuuggggh!the insanity of it all.i really dident give a damn when they slaughtered dbz but when i waited 3 solid months for naruto bloody bliss and it wound up being turned into a piss poor, tvy7,crapoola anime you know somewhere the author is crying on the inside:(

Just so you know Cartoon Network has nothing to do with casting characters.

As far as I can tell, Naruto isn't that bad. I will admit, I am disappointed with some voice overs. And that's only 2 characters. (I guess people becomes disgusted when they watch the sub and then want to compare it to the dub.) I've never seen the sub. I guess that's why it doesn't effect me much. As far as Naruto being played by a woman. You really think there are male voice actors who can get a high pitch voice?

As far as the VA for Seto Kaiba acting as Gaara. "shrugs" I don't knock it until I hear it. And as far as the edits and such.... come on now. You knew edits were gonna happen. Cartoon Network has a habit of editting out things. They edit so much until you get used to it. (Which is why I'm not bothered by this either.) Really, when you think about it, is it really worth complaining about it?

[size=1]Oh, Tobi is literaly a guy with a swirly face (teehee). He's creepy. After [spoiler]Sakura and the old lady defeated the puppet kid, didn't Tobi like come over and eat him or something (or maybe that was someone else)[/spoiler] I have a feeling that Sai is going to end up being a bad guy or something...

I like Naruto's voice for the english version, I think it goes good with his character sense he is so young and cheerful and... stuff. Plus, there are other animes that have females playing the voices of males, it's just who has the best voice, gender doesn't have to do with it.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Well This is just an overall estimate of what I think of it ...but Does Tobi seem to act a little childish? I mean through the whole chapter it seemed like[spoiler] He was acting alot more childish than the rest of the Akasuki members even when Sasori died he was like..acting more childish in his way of asking to...[/spoiler] This could just be my insight of this though...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Well This is just an overall estimate of what I think of it ...but Does Tobi seem to act a little childish? I mean through the whole chapter it seemed like[spoiler] He was acting alot more childish than the rest of the Akasuki members even when Sasori died he was like..acting more childish in his way of asking to...[/spoiler] This could just be my insight of this though...[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

No it's not just you...

[quote name='soulreaper']WTF!!!![/quote]
WTF!!!!

[quote]cartoon network has destroyd anime and other cool cartoons in the past but now it has gone way too far![/quote]
if you think that cartoon network is destryong anime, i'm assuming you've never seen anything done by... i dunno... ANYBODY ELSE.

[quote]they have man handled and massacared naruto beyond all possible controll![/quote]
OH! that explains it! you don't know what you're talking about!

Naruto was dubbed by VIZ not Cartoon Network. All Cartoon Network really has power over is WHEN the show plays and how they advertise it.

And trust me. They're doing a better job than YTV, the [i]other station that is playing Naruto[/i]. But I won't get into that here.

[quote]for gaaras voice theyre using kaiba from yu-gi-dork(yu-gi-oh)its an abonimation they also used a chick for poor naru uuuggggh![/quote]
Note to viewer, voice actors are great because of their diversity. The guy who played Ratrap in Beast Wars also played Dinobot, Waspinator, Silverbolt, and whoever else I can't remember.

As for the woman playing Naruto... Find out who's playing Japanese Naruto, OMG WTF IT'S A WOMAN!!!

I'm not even going to continue... -.\\\

Cartoon Network does a great job editting anime. Unlike a few stations I can name up here in Canada, there are executives at CN that actually like Anime and try to keep it as uncut as possible.
They're always pushing to make things less and less editted. Naruto is actually a great example of this because it was originally intended for Adult Swim but they put it on Toonami.
Edits are an inevitability because Anime is still viewed by the masses as Japanese [i]Cartoons[/i]. Stations and companies like VIZ seem to be trying to change this and appeal to an older audience, but nothing can happen over night.

At least Cartoon Network is making an effort... grr damn YTV... that's right... you better start showing Naruto more than once a week.

-ArV

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=YellowGreen]I wanna see who is the most popular character in Naruto, so just tell me the name and we you like him or her so much. You can give the maximum if 5 ppl.
I like:
Neji: Cause he is awesome. In the beginning he was ok, but now, after his fight with Naruto, he is da BOMB
Gaara: He reminds me of myself. I luv how he can control sand and everything. And after his fight with Naruto, his personality went WAY up![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Looks at username...hmm I wonder....

Gaara!!!
I pick him because he has matured over time meaning he doesn't want to kill anymore and what's not to like about a guy who can control sand? Plus his looks aren't too shabby either.

Runner up:
Itachi because he's just amazing, geniuses rock my sox first of all, and his whole appearence is mysterious yet cool. There is just something about him that you just want to run up to him and tackle <----haha maybe that's just me[/FONT] :animeswea

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]My personal favorite would have to be the nejinatio A.K.A neji. He is one of the strongers gennin....[spoiler]I think he became a jounnin yay![/spoiler] out of the bunch of them. I mean there can be this guy who thinks that he lost him then all of a sudden Neji busts down the wall and the guy is probally like OMFG WTF how did you find me...Its all in the eyes..

Also even though I dont like anyone in the uchiha clan. I do just love the Sharinghan. I want it I know that there are contacts avaliable for it but there just sooooo expensive! I love the copying ability and I have also seen some guy's opinion that if chakra did exist that the sharing would be usable to an extent..I want that!

Garra garra gaara...How can I not miss the most distirbed one of them all? According to my other naruto obsessed friends...Garra is HIS offical boyfriend...yeah. But anyways his ability to control sand and such...that just amazing seeing as he cant sleep...I mean getting to his age without sleeping must be a long task.

Oh I also forgot to also add the one character who is like..Me in the series. That is Kiba. I mean in the world of naruto I would want his ability the most..I know you may see my as strange but I think of it as... cool. He is like..My brother in naruto.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkred]Ok well I am way behind in Naruto, I have had to work when it shows and CN like for the past month and a half.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]I would have to say so far though my favorites are Kakashi and Sasuke. I really like Kakashi's outfit, with his mouth covered as well as a cloth over his Sharinghan eye. I find it hilarious how he messes with Naruto, but all the same he knows when to be serious.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]Sasuke I like his outfit too but I like his cold blooded, determinded personality. Ya it is kinda messed up but then it reminds me of my favorite character ever Vincent Valentine, but we'll leave that for the appropriate thread.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]For some reason I find Sakura's little black and white thoughts and Naruto's obsession with ramen funny too, I dunno maybe I'm weird...........:animeswea[/color][/size]

I just got done reading chapters 280-283.

Errrr..... Is it just me or does it look like this Sai character has a connection to Sasuke? (Just a change of personality) Of course I'm going by looks, but still..... Can't help but wonder. And if that is the case, they're getting a little predictable IMO.

Even though y'all are explaining who Tobi is. I have not seen this person in the manga. So I'm assuming he's one of those characters in a filler?

[color=navy]I don't think Sai has a connection to Sasuke at all...that's just me though. I also don't think Sai looks anything like Sasuke. The only similarity I see is the black hair...

No. Tobi's in the manga. A picture of him is attached to one of my above posts. He came in during chapter 280, the very last few pages.

By the way, has anyone browsed(I say browsed because it seems wrong to say "read", seeing as I don't think many of us here can read kanji) chapter 283 yet? If so, how was it? I plan on downloading it tonight and I'll be keeping a look out for translations of it over the next few days.[/color]

Woooo! chapter 283 kicks ***** n_n
so, [spoiler]Sai is a jerk and a half but can seriously do some damage with those tiger clone things. But really, what's his problem anyways?? he's all stuck up saying Naruto is weak. *growls* Naruto is NOT weak!!! gah[/spoiler]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by [b]Sting[/b]
Errrr..... Is it just me or does it look like this Sai character has a connection to Sasuke?[/QUOTE]

Hmm he just might!!! The resemblance between Sasuke and him are slight but still there...he kinda looks like Itachi too :shifty: I wonder if this means anything, or maybe they cloned Sasuke! :huh: The world may never know. But it'd be cool and an interesting turn of events.

[size=1]283 was cool, we got to see Chouji all grown up (well... none of them are completally all grown up Xp). I bet he doesn't wear the Chuunin vest cause they didn't have any in his size!

[spoiler]I don't like Sai! It is neat how he draws his attacks and stuff, but he's a jerk. I really didn't like the comment he made a bout Naruto being weak and what he said about the male reproductive tool... that was mean of him [/spoiler] *beats Sai with a big paint brush* I hope Naruto goes Nine Tails on him and beats him into the ground! [/size]