OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

I really hate YTV right now for not showing Naruto yesterday like they were supposed to.

It sucks that up here in Canada we'll be two weeks behind everyone that has Cartoon Network.
I'm curious, although Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi haven't been introduced yet, the Hokage and Iruka have.

How are the voices for those two? How about Konohamaru?
How about the Jutsu names?
I doubt they kept "sexy no jutsu" or "harem no jutsu" 's name. Did they?

Guh, I hate YTV for making us wait.

-ArV

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BerserkerGatts
Yeah, they kept Sexy no Jutsu and Harem no Jutsu. As for the voices Iruka's is kinda deep, and Naruto's voice kinda annoys me.

[color=indigo][size=1]I'm going to spoil tag my responses. If you haven't seen the episodes, and don't want to ruin anything for yourself, don't read it.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=r2vq]
I'm curious, although Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi haven't been introduced yet, the Hokage and Iruka have.[/quote]

[spoiler][size=1]Those three weren't really introduced right away in the manga, either. They were introduced later in the first volume or second, I can't really remember. But I know it wasn't right off the bat. Whereas, Iruka was in the very begining.[/size][/spoiler]

[quote name='r2vq']How are the voices for those two? How about Konohamaru?[/quote]

[spoiler][size=1]The voices for Hokage and Iruka? Hokage's would be like I originally imagined. Sort of calm and and mellow, mature and wise. Now, Iruka's, on the other hand, was a bit higher-pitched than I would've liked to imagine. Not feminine, but not as manly as one would think a ninja would sound..[/cheese] I was a bit disappointed, but not enough to make me turn my nose at it.

Konohamaru's was child-like and was expectedly annoying. But it fit his character, so it's all good. [/spoiler][/size]

[quote=r2vq]How about the Jutsu names?
I doubt they kept "sexy no jutsu" or "harem no jutsu" 's name. Did they?
[/QUOTE]

[size=1][spoiler]Hehe....yes, they did keep the "sexy no jutsu" and harem no jutsu". However, CN cut out the nosebleeding ;_;[/spoiler][/size]

T EH AWESOME!

Honestly, I've been waitng at least a year for this show to get on the air, and all of my waiting has paid off bigtime! TV-PG-V (and this is Toonami, not Adult Swim)... All of the original music kept (except for the opening, and I personall thought this new opening was awesome and actually thought it might have been a shortened version of one of the later intros I hadn't heard)... And it's actually a really good show to boot... I can't wait to see what all of my friends at school are going to think about this (believe me, if a bunch of kids at my school who don't have any experience in anime stayed up past midnight just to watch Samurai Champloo, if they haven't watched it already I can turn them on to it very quickly)! May the Revolution commence!

ooo, I've been keeping up with the episodes, as they're released in Japan. I love the Naruto series, though I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with the manga ^^;; I do really like the manga though. Naruto is one of my favorite anime, though it isn't my number one fav..
I was really glad when I heard they were putting it on cartoon network though, because once they do that, then they can release all the Naurto items in stores! (Wheeeeee!) My goal is to get a Leaf headband. My friend is going to get one with me, and she's going to but a scratch through the symbol, and be a Missing-Nin ( XD )

Favorite Characters: Naruto: Because he's adorable. Kakashi: Because he's freaking awesome. (and Gaara...Gaara is awesome too....) ...I'm torn between favorite characters, if you couldn't tell...

[quote name='BerserkerGatts]As for the voices Iruka's is kinda deep[/QUOTE][QUOTE=Goddess']Now, Iruka's, on the other hand, was a bit higher-pitched than I would've liked to imagine.[/quote]

LOL. I find that amusing. I'll have to see it for myself I guess.

[quote name='Goddess']Those three weren't really introduced right away in the manga, either. They were introduced later in the first volume or second, I can't really remember. But I know it wasn't right off the bat. Whereas, Iruka was in the very begining.[/quote]

Yep. If I remember correctly... In the anime, Sakura and Sasuke were introduced in Episode 3 while Kakashi was introduced around Episode 4.

[quote name='Goddess']However, CN cut out the nosebleeding ;_;[/quote]

Well, they said they'd cut out the gushing blood right? I don't think most of the American Audience would understand the reference anyway.

[quote name='Eva Unit 100']All of the original music kept (except for the opening[/quote]

So they have an American Opening? Or... Which Opening is it?

[quote name='Souryuuha']I was saddend that they changed the ending theme, and removed 'Wind',[/quote]

So they didn't keep that either..?

[quote name='Souryuuha']My goal is to get a Leaf headband.[/quote]

^^ I got one of those. If you want a fanmade one, there's plenty available. If you want an official one... I have a Japanese one that cost me $45 Canadian. They'll probably be cheaper when they produce the American ones, but I don't know about the quality.

Edit:

I just came from Narutofan. They had clips of the first episode including the Opening and Ending. I have to say a few things.

1. I was wrong. I forgot that Sasuke and Sakura were in the first episode. ^^
2. They changed the Opening and Ending! It reminds me of Dragonball Z. But I guess it's not as bad since the later OPs and EDs contain Rock songs... But since this OP has clips, not only from the series, but also from the other OPs, I'm afraid they might use it for the entire series. That would be a shame.
3. I like the voice acting! Although I only saw short clips, it was fun to watch and a totally different experience. ^^ I can't wait to see it from the comfort of my couch.
4. I still like Iruka the least though, lol.

-ArV

My impressions:

All the voices were liveable. I knew they'd have to cut out tons of blood, but I think they did a pretty good job of still keeping the atmosphere. Them removing Wind is the only thing that made me extremely unhappy. All they did was put in another generic opening/ending with some random rockish music in the background and pics and vid clips flashing by. I hated them for taking out Wind, and the crap job they did with the ending.

They kept Gundam Seed's japanese ending, why not Naruto's?

~R.E.

[quote name='Ryo the Tactician']They kept Gundam Seed's japanese ending, why not Naruto's?[/quote]

I think it has to deal with Tofu Records' special negotiations to promote their artists. If this holds up, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with some Asian Kung-Fu Generation (I think they own the contract to them, right?) later in the course of the series!

Naruto...
one of the most actionated animes I know.
Almost no sappy parts.

------

Naruto, as I have siad before, is a cool, violent anime. Nice to see the good guys really suffering for once.

[color=navy][size=1]As I believe I have reminded you before, please DO NOT double post. Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='r2vq'] Edit: I took a look through 275... I wish I could understand. >.< Tatsu, can you understand or are you reading a script? [/quote]

I first look at it at a site I Google up every week (Type in, "Naruto Manga Returns") and the first thing that comes up will be it. The rest will be obvious. They always have the next one on about Thursday, but I look at on Fridays. A nice way to end a long week of school. :catgirl:

Spoilers for Chapter 276:

MY GOD!!! [spoiler]Kakashi freakin' blow up Deidara's arm with his eye!!!![/spoiler] And all signs point to [spoiler]Gaara being dead...[/spoiler] :( [/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Spoilers for Chapter 276:

MY GOD!!! [spoiler]Kakashi freakin' blow up Deidara's arm with his eye!!!![/spoiler] And all signs point to [spoiler]Gaara being dead...[/spoiler] :( [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

MY GOD!!! Finally I get to read them. ^^
THANK YOU! lol.

Spoilers for Chapter 276
I think that although [spoiler]Gaara may be dead, Chiyobaa-sama still has that move where she can ressurect somebody by taking her own life. I really believe that she will ressurect him.[/spoiler]

I find it amusing that Yondaime Hokage developed the technique that he and Sandaime Hokage used where [spoiler]they sacraficed their own life to take another person's while Chiyobaa-sama created the jutsu to sacrafice her own life to GIVE another person life![/spoiler]

-ArV

Guest Hidetsugu
Hey whats crakkin peeps. Naruto has to be the best anime ever. I love ninjas and this anime shows them just how they should be,Kickin ***! :D

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]The one thing I didnt get about 276 was that [spoiler]when he called it or atleast on my translated version the makengaryo(sp?) sharahigan. I always though that kakashi couldent use it till he killed his best friend[/spoiler] and all of that other junk used to aquire it. ARG! So many new questions pop up from this. My head is starting to hurt from thinking to much.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Thats the thing...They dont!

After comparing the two types of sharinghan I've found a breakthough. (Wow...I spend my free time doing a search on this topic. Ah o well it was fun anyways)

[spoiler]I found that Itachi's Mangekyo Sharinghan actually, (excuse me for my horrible descriptions) the ends of his come out at an angle forming a point at the end of the eye giving it a slightly altered scythe look. There is also a thin line that in no way connected to the scythe like ends of the sharinghan.

Kakash's "Mangenkyo Sharinghan" however is much different. It looks like the center hole of it where a pupil would be is slightly bigger. The three blades of the sharinghan form a perfect "Y" unlike Itachi's. The main give away though is the shape of the blades. Although the do come out of the center of the eye like Itachi's. They dont form at a point on the walls of the eye. One end of the blade reaches the end of the eye. Wile as the other one turns at an acute angel giving the blade a Crowbar type look. The two ends of the blade dont meet together until they touch the back of another blade of "mangenkyo Sharinghan" :animesigh .[/spoiler]

This is the best I could describe it. I know its bad but as you can see I tried my best right :animeswea ? Also if you dont like my comparison...Go compare for yourself![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=r2vq]MY GOD!!! Finally I get to read them. ^^
THANK YOU! lol.[/QUOTE]

*Does Nice Guy Pose* No problem!!! :D

And yes, Itachi's and Kakashi's Sharingan are different. How do I know, you ask? Well, first off, I don't recall Kakashi killing his best friend, who is Obito. As we all know, Obito [spoiler]was killed by a falling rock that he saved Kakashi from, then gave his Sharingan to Kakashi with the help of their Medical Ninja partner, Rin.[/spoiler] So it would be impossible for him to kill his best friend, unless he made a new one, then got pissed off at him, and decided, "Why not?" Plus, don't even think he knows about that.

Another point is that Itachi said that only people of the Uchiha Bloodline could get the Mangekyou Sharingan, dost Sasuke's the only one who could kill him, which is why he told Sasuke how to get it.

Lastly, as Sand Dragon pointed out so generous ;) , the two Sharingans appearances are totally different and so are the jutsus performed with them. I'm not going to repeat what he wrote, but when Kakashi activates his jutsu, the three blades in his eye combine. Itachi's does Genjutsu which royally screws you over, while Kakashi's freakin' [spoiler]alters the space/time continum to blow you up!!!![/spoiler] :animeknow

So...yeah, they're different. Nuff said. :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I have returned after Reading chapter 277!

The saddened part of this is that a new questioning topic emerges...

For all of you that remember way back two and a half years ago (or however long its been) in the world of naruto. You must remember, when [spoiler] saskue was fighting Naruto and the demon or whatever possesed him and the red chakra took over his body right?[/spoiler]. Well then..here lies the new question... You must remember when that happened that there was [spoiler]one[/spoiler] tail right? Well according to what just happened...There could be up to 9!

Apparently if Naruto is left it that form for too long of a time, more start growing out of him. If i remember correctly though...Um...I dont know when they were fighting for who knows how long when he was in that for that nothing happened with his tail at all! If you ask me something doesnt match up...

Also, If all 9 of them come out of him. Something bad is going to happen...Yes you herd right...something bad will happen. Who knows what will happen. I will just have to wait and see[/COLOR]...

[color=darkslateblue]Yes, the number of tails should probably become a very important thing later on in the series. [spoiler]When I first watched episode 133, I took note of how there was only one tail (I haven't started to keep up with manga until very recently), and thought it could be expected that later on the problem of Naruto controlling Kyuubi while in that form would definately come up. I think once Naruto reaches the 9 tails, Kyuubi's power could just break the seal entirely and come out.[/spoiler]

In other news.

[spoiler]OMGILOVEGAARAIHOPEHECOMESBACK.[/spoiler][/color]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, I think the tails weren't a factor before, considering Naruto seemed to be in control of it, and his body wasn't able to handle the Kyuubi's power. Remember while [spoiler] he was fighting Sasuke, Sasuke went to Cursed Seal Level 2, and he said he better hurry before his body corrupts, and then Naruto couldn't use one of his arms all of a sudden, and Sasuke said, "I see your power has it's own side effects, too."[/spoiler]

Point made.[/FONT][/COLOR] :cool:

I just wanted to say that ever since I heard that Naruto was coming to the us on Cartoon Network I couldn't think about anything else.... I had to get some of the manga or the Anime!! O.o So I had my friend hack the full manga!!! Now I have that and I can't put it down! It ROCKS!!! I'm only in chapter 122... I had it since the 26 of september and I'm a slooooowwww reader!! So that means that this is a freaking awesome Manga!! As far as I can tell the Anime is staying with the Manga, witch is good. I hope it stays like that.

[quote name='Vagetogt']As far as I can tell the Anime is staying with the Manga, witch is good. I hope it stays like that.[/quote]
The anime follows the manga pretty closely until the after the Sasuke chase. Currently the anime has diverted from the manga and has not skipped [spoiler]three years yet.[/spoiler] This is probably done to give the manga more time before the anime catches up again.

What is commonly known as the filler episodes are being avoided by a lot of fans, even though (or maybebecause) they contain new and original stories that only further the story in terms of charactrdevelopment.

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]
What is commonly known as the filler episodes are being avoided by a lot of fans, even though (or maybebecause) they contain new and original stories that only further the story in terms of charactrdevelopment.

-ArV[/QUOTE]
Ah, that'd be me. I haven't watched Naruto for a good couple of months (I haven't read the manga in a while either, but I'm just wating so I can read a bunch of chapters at a time). I don't have time to spend watching fillers, so I'd rather not watch the current episodes, regardless of character development.

Though I can't wait for the time jump. ^_^ Should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
Well hopefully the 3 years training starts within the next 6 episodes or so as fun as some of the side stories have been good I enjoyed the development of Hinata but would be much more pleased to see ther series move foward some. Though it is doubtful that that it will anytime soon as the manga hasn't made it out of the next part for the anime to use yet.

Guest xlonewolfx
i jus started watching it n i thinks its one of the best animes ive seen in awhile and it has a lot the different elements in it especially humor xD

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Here is an intresting fight that I have just found out after reading yet even more of the manga.

I'm not saying this is true or not but maby just maby [spoiler]Kakashi's new eye really is a form of a Mangekyou Sharinghan[/spoiler]. I mean It was said that he did send them into another dimention. Also doesnt the normal one have the ability to use the Tsukuyomi and the Amaterasu which also take place in another dimension?

So it could be true, and it also cannot be true. I'm Not 100% Sure on that. It seems as if we are just going to have to wait and find out what else is in store for this series?[/COLOR]