OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[quote name='Lunox]As for the manga: [spoiler'] I just read the latest chapter. I was never really interested in Itachi or Sasuke's little "I-need-revenge" romp (I think I died at one point when watching episodes 129-131), so it's just a passing thing for me to do when I'm bored. I was sort of 'what?' when I learned that using the Sharingan too much would make the eyesight go bad. What a crappy side effect. *sigh* I wish there was more of Gaara. >_>[/spoiler][/quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Red][spoiler]Yeah, yeah, same here. The whole revenge thing is just kind of *yawn* I don't like Sasuke has a character anyway, so I just kind of half-heartedly read the chapters that went over Sasuke's past and why he wants revenge . . .

As for the "using the Sharingan too much makes the eyesight go bad," where'd you read that? I only read the manga(and I know the anime isn't that far yet) yet I'm a bit confused at what you mean. Maybe its just some kind of context clue I didn't quite take in, but I don't remember anything being said about that.[/spoiler]

Oh, I can't wait for chapter 258 to be translated. Looking at the raw just isn't satisfying(and downloading it anyway would be a waste of space on my manga CDs, of which I have so very little left to which I can download files onto).[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkslateblue] @DDG: [spoiler] It was definately in chapter 257 somewhere...Kakashi was talking to Itachi and um...yeah. I'm pretty sure. A lot of people were discussing it, so I'm sure it's there.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue] @DDG: [spoiler] It was definately in chapter 257 somewhere...Kakashi was talking to Itachi and um...yeah. I'm pretty sure. A lot of people were discussing it, so I'm sure it's there.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

Chapter 257, Page 8 (Translated by Inane)
Kakashi: [spoiler]It also presents a great risk to your eyes as well doesn't it...Itachi[/spoiler]
Chapter 257, Page 8 (Translated by Shannaro)
Kakashi: [spoiler]It would seem that the Jutsu carries a great deal of risk for your eyes, too, doesn't it... Itachi.[/spoiler]

Chapter 257, Page 9 (Translated by Inane)
Kakashi: [spoiler]How far has... your eyesight deteriorated?[/spoiler]
Chapter 257, Page 9 (Translated by Shannaro)
Kakashi: [spoiler]Your eyesight... How bad has it gotten?[/spoiler]

So yeah, it seems that the Sharingan [spoiler]does have the ability to blind somebody.[/spoiler]

-ArV

[color=darkred][size=1]

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question of mine. I read in a character profile at wikipedia.net about Rock Lee that he, [spoiler]after getting his surgery, grabbed a bottle of sake in mistake of a bottle of medicine on his way to go and help save Sasuke. Drinking from the bottle, he becomes drunken and shows that he is naturally a master of Drunken Fist Taijutsu. Can anyone confirm this, and if possible, show me the send me a PM showing him doing this?[/spoiler]

Also, who does he fight during this?[/color][/size]

I have my good friend who obssesses over Naruto. He managed to supply me with some fansubs he collected and now I follow Naruto like its a religion.

What's bothering me though is now that Naruto is finally coming to America, I'm afraid to hear the english dubbing. It could be really good like in GTO or very very bad like Escaflowne.

(Don't mean to burn any bridges, that's just how I feel.)

So far, my favorite part of the storyline is when Jiraiya is introd

[QUOTE=r2vq]Chapter 257, Page 8 (Translated by Inane)
Kakashi: [spoiler]It also presents a great risk to your eyes as well doesn't it...Itachi[/spoiler]
Chapter 257, Page 8 (Translated by Shannaro)
Kakashi: [spoiler]It would seem that the Jutsu carries a great deal of risk for your eyes, too, doesn't it... Itachi.[/spoiler]

Chapter 257, Page 9 (Translated by Inane)
Kakashi: [spoiler]How far has... your eyesight deteriorated?[/spoiler]
Chapter 257, Page 9 (Translated by Shannaro)
Kakashi: [spoiler]Your eyesight... How bad has it gotten?[/spoiler]

So yeah, it seems that the Sharingan [spoiler]does have the ability to blind somebody.[/spoiler]

-ArV[/QUOTE][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=Red]Ah, I see. Thank you for clearing that up. I should have downloaded the Inane version as well; things seem to have been a lot clearer in theirs. I was wondering what Kakashi meant by, [spoiler]"Your eyesight . . . how bad has it gotten?"[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=ReFlux]I was wondering if anyone could answer a question of mine. I read in a character profile at wikipedia.net about Rock Lee that he, [spoiler]after getting his surgery, grabbed a bottle of sake in mistake of a bottle of medicine on his way to go and help save Sasuke. Drinking from the bottle, he becomes drunken and shows that he is naturally a master of Drunken Fist Taijutsu. Can anyone confirm this, and if possible, show me the send me a PM showing him doing this?[/spoiler]

Also, who does he fight during this?[/QUOTE][spoiler]Yes, Lee does mistakenly grab a bottle of sake thinking it was his medicine and heads out to help save Sasuke. He was fighting Kimimaro at the time and paused to drink from the bottle, thinking it was his medicine. He became drunk and it was revealed that he is a natural master of Drunken Fist Taijutsu.

If I wasn't at school, I would send you a few pages from the manga showing him doing such, but as I am, I'm afraid I can't.[/spoiler][/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=darkslateblue] *dies*

Anything I ever said about an anime having good fight scenes? Anything? CROSS IT OUT AND REPLACE IT WITH NARUTO EPISODE 133. The animation was effing [i]gorgeous[/i]. My respect for the animators of Naruto just got multiplied tenfold. *0* So...wonderful...*drools*

[spoiler] When I was watching the episode (gleefully, as Sasuke was getting served in a way no one could make him get served), I noticed that when Naruto when into stage 2 (or whatever it's called) of his Kyuubi power thing, there was only one tail. First though for me: Gasp, only 1/9 of Kyuubi's power? It seemed ridiculous for me at first, but hey...this was a beastly demon after all. If I'm right, and Naruto does keep on levelling up, he won't be able to control it and the seal will be broken. And so on and so forth.

Random question: do you think the animated series will keep a more serious tone from now on? I realize that during this episode, things were more serious, excluding those random face expressions. When Naruto's clones burst, the sound wasn't as poofy and happy, more like a 'pung' (I feel dumb writing this). And...I'm still digging the animation. I felt like a little schoolgirl after the episode was done. And the previews for the next one...I am dying of excitement. I hope it's one of those teary episodes. >_> (wet Kakashi, woot woot).[/spoiler][/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox]*dies*

Anything I ever said about an anime having good fight scenes? Anything? CROSS IT OUT AND REPLACE IT WITH NARUTO EPISODE 133. The animation was effing [i]gorgeous[/i]. My respect for the animators of Naruto just got multiplied tenfold. *0* So...wonderful...*drools*
[/QUOTE]

I still think the show had some other good fight scenes...like when Sasuke was fighting the two random Mist-nin early on in the series as well as Kakashi's fights with Zabuza. Also, the fight between Lee and Gaara was fantastic.

As for episode 133 [spoiler]it was AMAZING!!! one of my absolute favorite parts was the Naruto missiles and/or the rope of Narutos...that was definitely the best fight scene in the whole series.[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...
The Anime has almost caught up with the Manga.

Episode 135 is the first Filler Episode after the [spoiler]Rasengan vs Chidori[/spoiler] battle. Apparently there'll be a few of these before the Anime continues on with the Kakashi Gaiden and current plot arcs.

Is anybody watching these? Is it worth downloading? I usually only get the Manga and I was considering getting these episodes since they're side stories that never happened in the manga.

Edit: I read the update wrong. >.< 136 is the first Filler Episode. If anyone watches it, it'd be great if they would report here on it.

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]The Anime has almost caught up with the Manga.

Episode 135 is the first Filler Episode after the [spoiler]Rasengan vs Chidori[/spoiler] battle. Apparently there'll be a few of these before the Anime continues on with the Kakashi Gaiden and current plot arcs.

Is anybody watching these? Is it worth downloading? I usually only get the Manga and I was considering getting these episodes since they're side stories that never happened in the manga.

Edit: I read the update wrong. >.< 136 is the first Filler Episode. If anyone watches it, it'd be great if they would report here on it.

-ArV[/QUOTE]

Uhh, I dunno how promising these new fillers look...it will most likely turn out to be subpar in the fighting department but Jiraiya's antics are always top-knotch so that will even it out.

[color=darkslateblue] Bor-ing. I'm not even going to bother downloading them until they get back on track to the Kakashi plot and stuff.

Episode 136 was supremely boring, I had to force myself to sit through it. Basically all that happens is that [spoiler] Sakura decides to secretly leave to try and rescue Sasuke (because she's an idiot and I hate her) and Naruto joins her. Then Jiraiya randomly shows up with a Super-S class mission to investigate the Hidden Sound Village. They all set out together and the rest of the episode is a yawnfest. Jiraiya robs Naruto of his money, goes into an almost deserted street with people hiding in dark buildings and looking at him with red eyes, finds an inn, tries to get laid, get chased away by bodyguards, Naruto and Sakura wait and then are attacked by random plot device girl, Jiraiya, Naruto, and Sakura all run away from the bodyguards. Indeed.[/spoiler]

As far as I can tell, the Naruto manga is the only thing worth downloading. Especially now. I hate it when they stall. >_>[/color]

Guest aoi-chan
hey i love naruto!!! it is one of the best anime i have ever read/ watched and all of my friends agree. I am new to this site.. (i kno wierd) but i am getting the hang of it :catgirl:

[quote name='aoi-chan']hey i love naruto!!! it is one of the best anime i have ever read/ watched and all of my friends agree. I am new to this site.. (i kno wierd) but i am getting the hang of it :catgirl:[/quote]

abuhhhh, so yeah Lunox wasn't bashing naruto as a whole...only the current filler arc in the anime which [I]is[/I] pointless and boring...(yawnfest!)...

and for Lunox...[spoiler]why didn't Jiraiya just lay the smack down on those body guards?? I assumed it was so he didnt draw unnecessary attention to himself but my theory was blown out of the water when they began chasing him through the town...*shrugtastic*[/spoiler]

I guess I'm done now XD

[quote name='Cap'n][spoiler']why didn't Jiraiya just lay the smack down on those body guards??[/spoiler][/quote] [COLOR=blue]Jiraiya mentions why he didn't. [SPOILER]The mission is top secret, so he can't tell anyone about it, and not only that, if any ninja jutsu's are used, then it gives away that there are ninjas not from Hidden Sound around the Rice Country.[/SPOILER]

Not that I'm saying that's the best excuse, but yeah, that's why.[/COLOR]

Hm. If they're in disguise. They're not wearing their forehead protector right?
If they are...

Oh, there's supposedly a lot of controversy over one of the most recent Naruto chapters. I haven't read 261 yet, but according the end of 260 [spoiler]Gaara is supposed to die in this one.[/spoiler]

I JUST READ IT. [spoiler]AHHHHHH. >.< AHHHHHH.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.[/spoiler]

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]Hm. If they're in disguise. They're not wearing their forehead protector right?
If they are...

Oh, there's supposedly a lot of controversy over one of the most recent Naruto chapters. I haven't read 261 yet, but according the end of 260 [spoiler]Gaara is supposed to die in this one.[/spoiler]

I JUST READ IT. [spoiler]AHHHHHH. >.< AHHHHHH.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.[/spoiler]

-ArV[/QUOTE]

[color=darkslateblue] [spoiler] AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I KNOW! I can't wait until 262 comes out. The beginning of 262 was frustrating because they explains why Gaara would die over a span of like 6 PAGES OR SOMETHING. >_<[/spoiler]

@ Cap'n: Yeah, I will have to go with Azure. And the fact that this is filler. I wouldn't be surprised if all the artists were slightly high and the writers are drinking beer or something. Seriously, Naruto looked like an eight-year-old in this episode. [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue] [spoiler] I can't wait until 262 comes out. The beginning of 262 was frustrating because...[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

You mean the beginning of 261 XP.
I can't wait for the next one either. >.< Argh, they just keep pulling you in to make it longer.

I wonder what the other Jinchuuriki will be like. (BWAHAHA. New word for the Naruto dictionary! ^^) So we have 2 through 8 unrevealed right?

Today was the last day of the Anime Convention in Toronto (Canada) and I bought Naruto Volume Nine. Contained within: [spoiler]Haruno Sakura v. Yamanaka Ino; Temari v. Tenten; Nara Shikamaru v. Kin Tsuchi; Uzumaki Naruto v. Inu(d)zuka Kiba; Hyuuga Hinata v. Hyuuga Neji; and Gaara v. Rock Lee.[/spoiler] That's a lot, and I'm happy. ^^ My goal is to be able to read and understand in one year.

-ArV[/SIZE]

Edit: Is anybody still following this series? I guess the Narutard craze has finally died down.
Chapter 263 for the Manga should be scanlated soon, but 262 was just dissappointing. Nothing much happened. And no developments on [spoiler]Kazekage-sama[/spoiler]

-ArV

[color=darkslateblue] Well, no. I don't even bother downloading the latest episodes, only the manga. Which is KILLING ME. (sorry for the mistake, ^_^;;) I hope nothing bad happens to [spoiler] Gaara...he's my favorite character. >_>[/spoiler].

I think the anime Naruto craze will pick up slightly when the filler arc is over.[/color]

Well, I was talking about the manga really.

We're at a good part of the story. And no, I don't download the anime either. ^^ It just takes too long... is there a seperate thread for the Naruto manga?

If I'm going to watch the anime, I think I'd only watch the movie, or the big fights. I only saw the second half of the movie and my downloads are limited. >.>

Edit: Just read the most recent Chapter. Ooooooo Those are interesting enemies. The next fight should be good. ^^

-ArV

Yes the manga is reaching quite a good part, but sadly the anime is dragging. This is mostly because of the pointless and annoying fillers they're having right now. Really, the anime is obviously stalling so the manga can get more ahead.

I agree that the fillers are annoying, but I wouldn't call them pointless.

It would really suck if the anime surpassed the Manga. That's what happened in FMA and they had to make a new story. At least, that's what I hear.

Did you read the most recent chapter?
Such cliff hangers. XD And how they identified the Jinchuuriki. XD
Oooo I can't wait for next week's. It should have a good fight or two.

-ArV

Seriously, there are a lot of the Konoha Ninja that I want to see now... SHINO!!! HINATA!!!! KIBA!!! CHOUJI!!! INO!!! And their new jutsus... I miss them...I just really like the Konoha Genins a lot...:animeshy:

But evenually they'll come. But I really hope Sasuke doesn't wear the same outfit as Orochimaru now...

P.S., who's willing to bet that Sasuke will be able to use Kuchiyose no Jutsu and summon snakes now :D

Guest DarkMage1313
Right..... First off, I'm new to this, so don't sue me

[spoiler][P.S., who's willing to bet that Sasuke will be able to use Kuchiyose no Jutsu and summon snakes now] [/spoiler]

Depends........ am I betting with you, or against you? :p I can definantly say that I am starting to respect Sakura a bit more....... After that whole freak incident with the Sound and stuff. :animeswea

Oh, and here comes the part where I flip out about [spoiler]Gaara..............
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!! HE CAN'T DIE!!!!!!! HE IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER ON NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler] T.T Right, glad I got that out. I'm gonna go find my boyfriend now. He should know what happens in the manga chapters. He checks everyday.

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added spoiler tags. You can do this yourself by typing [[COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b]spoiler] and [[COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b]/spoiler]. without the [COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b]s. Please be mindful of what you could be revealing to other people. How to use tags is all detailed in OB's FAQ. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Hmm yeah, They come out with chapter 264 this Friday, unless you have a faster way of getting it. Which I would definately be interested in.

I agree with darkmage, [spoiler]Gaara can't die! Hurry up you lazy bums! [color=black]Get inside the cave and save him![/spoiler][/color]
:animeangr

^Should I have blacked the cave part out? :animedepr
Well, I would have if I knew how :animedepr

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]It would have been curteous to everyone else, certainly, and it's not really hard to find out how to do it- just check the FAQ page, or look at the post above, which I also edited. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]