SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xx_Chaos_xX']Hm? right but i got some great R2's, with no problem. Will Naruto be on As? anyway i dont thing R1 DVDs are wroth it,only if its uncut. Do the right thing Viz, stop the series when they found out zabaib is still alive, like they did with berserk :)[/quote]
Do your R2 DVDs have English and/or Chinese subtitles? Do they play on an R1 player? If so, they probably aren't genuine R2s to begin with...

Most R1 DVDs are uncut, and I have faith that Viz/ShoPro/whoever's handling this series won't be dumb enough to release it only in a censored form. Even shows that are edited for TV [i]usually[/i] get an uncut DVD release--this applies to a couple of 4Kids anime as well, although it certainly took a while. One option would be to take the route FUNimation went with Yu Yu Hakusho; they originally started releasing edited as well as unedited DVDs (which were clearly marked as being different via their cover artwork and so forth). I don't know if they're still coming out with the edited YYH DVDs, though.

Your reference to Berserk is a little confusing. All of Berserk that was ever animated is now available on R1 DVD and has been for a while. What are you referring to?

~Dagger~

Spoiler about berserk

[Spoiler]Griffith's only goal was to gain power. He was a just man who gained many followers, but the first signs of his evil appear as he is tourtured and imprisoned for a year for the crime of makeing love to the princess of the kingdom he served. As his grip on reality began to loosen, he blamed it all on Guts, his most trusted man and in many ways best friend. Because Guts decided to leave the Hawks, Griffith blamed him for his own predicament. Even after being rescued by Guts and some of the Hawks, he grows jealous of the relationship between Guts and Casca, a female member of the Hawks who had previously been obsessed with Griffith. His ambition having been destroyed, he was visited by the four angels; the godhand. These servants of god promised to give him ultimate power and his dream of ruleing, but there had to be a sacrifice. Griffith sacrificed his men, the Hawks, the people who loved and admired him, without a second thought. As they were brutally massacred by the servents of the godhand, Griffith died and Femto, the final member of the godhand was born. The only people left alive at that point were Guts and Casca, so in order to spite the man who he blamed for his misfortune, he raped Casca and forced Guts to watch. Even Charlotte Her self Was A tool. he was using her to become king.[/spoiler]
Thats where the berserk anime ended. so you didint see the end, that was episode 25, so i am saying [B]STOP[/B] at episode 25 viz, and keep making the manga.

[QUOTE]Do your R2 DVDs have English and/or Chinese subtitles? Do they play on an R1 player?[/QUOTE]
I dont get that joke?

[quote]I dont get that joke?[/QUOTE]
It's not a joke, it's a question. R2 DVDs can't play on R1 players unless the R1 player has been deliberately hacked in order to make it an all-region player. That's the purpose of the region system. I asked because many websites sell stuff marked as being imports or R2s, when they're actually region-free (Region 0) bootlegs. You could very well be buying authentic R2s, for all I know, but that's not really what it sounds like based on what you've said. *shrugs*

Don't you think fans of Naruto would be a bit upset if Viz stopped at episode 25? Not to mention that it'd probably mean a huge financial loss for them as well... :animeswea

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]It's not a joke, it's a question. R2 DVDs can't play on R1 players unless the R1 player has been deliberately hacked in order to make it an all-region player. That's the purpose of the region system. I asked because many websites sell stuff marked as being imports or R2s, when they're actually region-free (Region 0) bootlegs. You could very well be buying authentic R2s, for all I know, but that's not really what it sounds like based on what you've said. *shrugs*

Don't you think fans of Naruto would be a bit upset if Viz stopped at episode 25? Not to mention that it'd probably mean a huge financial loss for them as well... :animeswea

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude, i feel dumb. Hm? was the hole berserk thing a huge financial loss, because there is talk of a 2nd season. Back to naruto:
so i am buying bootlegs, well my dvd player can play sony dvds, memorx, and more. it is a "cyber home" 2003. here a picture of the set
[url]http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/20057851/Images/naruto-i003_5.jpg[/url]

Yeah, I wathc Naruto. I'm a huge fan of it! I have three episodes downloaded onto my computer my favorite episodes are when Sakura-chan fights the dudes ( Forgot their names) to protect Sasuke, When Kakashi first comes in the picture that was hilarious. :animesmil and when they have to fight against Kakashi that was cool. :catgirl:

[QUOTE=Xx_Chaos_xX]Thanks dude, i feel dumb. Hm? was the hole berserk thing a huge financial loss, because there is talk of a 2nd season. Back to naruto:
so i am buying bootlegs, well my dvd player can play sony dvds, memorx, and more. it is a "cyber home" 2003. here a picture of the set
[url]http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/20057851/Images/naruto-i003_5.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]
I think rumors or reports of a potential second season would probably indicate that Berserk sold well. No point in sinking more money into an already-failed endeavor.

Based on what I've seen, no legit Naruto box sets have been released yet. [url=http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANSB-1626#][u]Here's[/u][/url] an example of one of the most recent Naruto DVDs. The price is actually very good for an R2... and the early volumes are even more inexpensive. Of course, none of that will help much if you don't understand Japanese (although some fans purposely buy R2s without knowing a word of Japanese, so there you have it).

~Dagger~

Hey Dagger IX1 ever thing of a "Dagger Chaos chat" just a topic where only you and i talk. Just talk about anything.
Xx_Chaos_xX: just a thought, what about R.O.D.
Dagger IX1: on G4tech tv, good show.

I think that would be alsome. anyway i dont think they have english subtitles?? so its a waist :animeangr just download fansubs then buy the bootlegs and think you are putting money in Tv tokyo's pocket

[quote name='Xx_Chaos_xX']I think that would be alsome. anyway i dont think they have english subtitles?? so its a waist :animeangr just download fansubs then buy the bootlegs and think you are putting money in Tv tokyo's pocket[/quote]
Well... R2s are aimed at Japanese fans, not foreign audiences. So it kind of makes sense. A few R2s do have English subtitles--for example, I'm pretty sure that the R2 versions of Studio Ghibli films nearly always come with English subs (although the translation used may differ somewhat from the translation used in Disney's release of the movie in question).

Anyway, I think I'm going to bow out of this thread before I drag it further off topic. If you'd like to discuss R.O.D the TV or any other anime, feel free to check the Directory sticky for a link to that show's official thread.

~Dagger~

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Sorry about bringing the discussion back after so long and after that... interesting exchange... O_o
[quote name='Dagger']It took two years for them to re-package the first season of Inuyasha in one cheap bundle, but with the series showing on TV during the interim, I imagine the wait for Naruto box sets wouldn't be too painful.[/quote] So, are you saying that there will be two versions? The first will be the 5-3 episode per DVD series, and then the season boxes? If that's the case, don't you think the sales of Naruto are going to suffer if the fansub watchers wait for the second version? Wouldn't that give off an erraneous conclusion as to how fansubbing affects anime sales?

Personally, Naruto was never a must-have (with the mist saga being the exception), but certainly one of the better animes out there, so I don't mind not having the most impressive DVD set.
[QUOTE]Inuyasha's individual DVDs have sold [i]extremely[/i] well...[/QUOTE] Ah, individual DVDs may have sold well, but that doesn't mean there's any single person out there with the whole set. Rather, I bet the action-concentrated (or the DVDs with the best/favorite episodes) sold the best, and the others sold mediocre by comparison. Of course, there's no way to tell that, so I'll give you that one. Just making sure you consider that some kids are satisfied with watching the same episode over and over if that's their favorite one without putting it into the proper frame it was originally in (i.e., watching up to the episode, and after it).

Anyway, I'm just saying, if I can't have it all, I'd rather not have any of it. "All-or-nothing" haha.
[QUOTE]Although I've seen a lot of people hone in on "Art of the Doppleganger" over the past few days, and that kind of surprises me; from what I've gathered, a couple of Viz's other jutsu translations are far more problematic (i.e. "Art of Valentine" or some such nonsense). At least the word doppleganger can reasonably be extrapolated from the original phrase, even if its use demonstrates a bit more.... creativity than one would normally expect from a professional translation.[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's very true. But shadow clone is probably the technique that is used the most, so everyone remembers that one (that's the reason why I mentioned it - I couldn't remember any other renames).

The complaint also stems from the fact that Shadow Clone is from a family of techniques, branching from the original technique, which is just Clone (aka Replication). By changing the names, you lose the concept of technique "families," and I don't know what they did with water clone, but how could they show that it's a variation of Shadow Clone? And the relation to Clone is lost to both.

In short, it's just a translation that affects association, heh.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I love Naruto. It is the best anime I have ever seen and I have never EVER had a favorite. I just bought episodes 1-122 offline and they ROCK!!! :wigout:

I read the manga off line too, you know I cant stand waiting for the episodes to come out.

I bet NOONE can guess who my favorite character is!(lol) :love: Ten bucks says so.

Wow
A series of interesting posts.

I don't understand what the problem is with bringing the Series over to the United States. I'm ecstatic. I celebrated yesterday by going out and getting my forehead protector and wearing it all over school. BWAHA Stuff that up your uniform.

Also, even if Naruto is censored for the Televison, like Dagger-dono said: It'll be perfect on DVDs.

Just so the noobs can understand:
Pirated DVDs are _not_ real.
Pirated DVDs do _not_ help support the series.
Pirated DVDs do _not_ have quality subs.***
Pirated DVDs are _not_ what the Japanese people want you to see.

I don't understand that whole Berserk reference... that's how the Japanese ended the series... had nothing to do with dubbing.

Naruto should be great. ^^ Prove that you like Naruto by buying the DVDs.

-ArV

***Hong Kong subs (the majority, if not all, of the Pirated DVDs out there) are being translated by CHINESE people from a language they are not neccesarily fluent in, to another language they are not neccesarily fluent in.

[QUOTE=gaarasgirl90]I love Naruto. It is the best anime I have ever seen and I have never EVER had a favorite. I just bought episodes 1-122 offline and they ROCK!!! :wigout:

I read the manga off line too, you know I cant stand waiting for the episodes to come out.

I bet NOONE can guess who my favorite character is!(lol) :love: Ten bucks says so.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you got ripped off. You can get the Naruto fansubs for free on the internet. If you want the official versions (either for picture/sub quality or in order to support the Naruto people), you can buy some eps, but they aren't up to date through 122 yet. Therefore, all or some of your purchase consists of fansubs you could have gotten for free.

[COLOR=blue]Woo!! Episode 124 is finally back to the Naruto greatness. I actually saw the advent of [SPOILER]Rock Lee[/SPOILER] from a mile away, what with them needing to [SPOILER]wait one more day[/SPOILER] and all. But man, everything afterwards was so unexpected!

Oh, I heard that in episode 123, they added the cheesy [SPOILER]Lee about to be killed[/SPOILER] scene. You know, before he [SPOILER]goes for the bottle of sake[/SPOILER]. It did seem out of place, so it would make sense that the anime added that scene. Ninjas are ninjas, and [SPOILER]Rock Lee[/SPOILER] isn't any less a ninja. If he lost, he would accept it.

Anyway, while I saw [U]his[/U] arrival, I SO did not see [SPOILER]the Sound arriving to the rescue[/SPOILER]! Woo! Things really seemed hopeless at the moment, even with the calculated arrival of "the Beast," but now, things look pretty good, haha.

The fights have been lacking before Neji's battle and the ones after it, so episode 124 really made up for a lot. One thing I didn't understand was why Naruto didn't play his trump card when [SPOILER]he was getting his butt kicked by the bone dude[/SPOILER]. O_o He was just staring in awe the whole time.

While we are talking about translations, looks like AnimeONE and Dattebayo are continuing. I tried Dattebayo before the whole licensing thing, and I have to say, I think I might prefer them. While AnimeONE (& ANBU) has great translations, theirs are more suitable for storybooks. That is, on paper, their translations are good. However, when it comes to conversations, it's sometimes hard to see people saying things the way they have translated it. That's where Dattebayo shines: their translations are very "conversational."

Oh, and [SPOILER]Sasuke's a dick and Neji's teh awesome[/SPOILER]. There, I've said it. No one can argue with me, cause it's so true and no one can convince me otherwise. It'll be like arguing that the sky is green.[/COLOR]

Is there an acutul date for when [COLOR=Red]Naruto[/COLOR] is supposed to come out in american? Is there even a year? I want it to come out soooooooo bad!! I love [COLOR=Red]Naruto[/COLOR]! My favorite character is [COLOR=DarkRed]Gaara[/COLOR] :evil3: ...but thats because I get him on every character test I take! But it has been determend that it is comeing out right???

The Manga is moving along great! Chapter 251 is out.

We finally get to see [spoiler]Kankuro without his make up![/spoiler]. I seriously thought he was going to die. Well... we'll see in "[spoiler]three days[/spoiler]".

Jiraiya told Naruto [spoiler]to not use "that move". That's how we know that he definately will the next chance he gets. XD[/spoiler]

-ArV

[QUOTE=Kagome Kirisawa]Yes My friend was screaming about Naruto being licensed by ShopPro earlier this week. She also said that they had already announced who the main english voice actors would be.
Does anybody know exactly who?[/QUOTE]

Yes... I do. Here they are!

Sasuke: Seto Kaiba from YGO

Sakura: Misty from Pok'emon

Naruto: Vash from Trigun

Kakashi: Spike from Cowboy Bebop

I don't really like the choices... but no one said that I have to watch the dubbed version in the first place. ^.^

[QUOTE=Kawaii Seth]Yes... I do. Here they are!

Sasuke: Seto Kaiba from YGO

Sakura: Misty from Pok'emon

Naruto: Vash from Trigun

Kakashi: Spike from Cowboy Bebop

I don't really like the choices... but no one said that I have to watch the dubbed version in the first place. ^.^[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkRed]Definitely not the voices I would have chosen for them. I find it absolutely horrible to imagine Sakura with Misty's voice... Its times like these I wish I could download the anime ^_^;; I've never imagined Naruto with a voice like Vash's. It just seems too high pitched for him.

I agree with you; I don't like the choices either. But I guess if I want to watch Naruto I'll have to deal with it. Well, a lot of people will have to deal with it anyway. And you're right: no one said you had to watch the dubbed version. *shrugs* I actually think I'll go without watching the Naruto anime rather than watch any subpar version of Naruto, especially if they do the sort of things that VIZ has done with the manga. I'll wait for as long as I must until I get DSL, rather than watch the dubbed version.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Personally, I believe they are just going to mess the whole show up. Like, one discussion my friends and I have had is based around the ZabuzaxHaku hints. To avoid getting yelled at by parents around the world, they're probably going to make Haku a female to make the hints "right" in everyone's eyes.

This is just an assumption though...

And as for the voice actors... I believe that they gave Naruto the worst choice. Now, then choosing the voice actor of Spike from Cowboy Bebop to fit Kakashi's... that's not too bad.

I'm just afraid to see what'll happen at conventions between kids who think they know the "true" series of Naruto and the people who've been watching the show it was placed on the net. *Shrugs.* Oh well...[/COLOR]

i dont know much about naruto, but isnt he supposed to be a kid? so why get someone like vash the stampede to voice him? wont that make him seem...older? im not going to claim divine knowledge of dubbing, but wouldnt someone like Yahiko from kenshin be a better pick? from what little i read of naruto, the personality seems to be a better match.

I performed a thread split on the "Television line-ups" topic, since all of the last few posts in it dealt specifically with Naruto. With that having been said...

[quote name='Twilight_Kioku']i dont know much about naruto, but isnt he supposed to be a kid? so why get someone like vash the stampede to voice him? wont that make him seem...older? im not going to claim divine knowledge of dubbing, but wouldnt someone like Yahiko from kenshin be a better pick? from what little i read of naruto, the personality seems to be a better match.[/quote]
Johnny Yong Bosch is an extremely versatile actor. He has played teenagers and young kids in the past, including Claus Valca in Last Exile and Eriol in the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie. He's also taken on similar roles using an alias, as voice actors are wont to do. So I really wouldn't worry about whether or not he's capable of sounding young.

As for gender changes... I think that's very unlikely, unless the show actually features a full-blown homosexual relationship (which, as far as I know, is not the case).

~Dagger~