Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=r2vq]RizaHawkeye,
try reading some of the earlier posts in this thread.

Yes, Naruto will be on Cartoon Network in English this year.
As for what you said about Sasuke, please state which part of the story he said that. I don't remember that at all, and I've gotten pretty far with the series, both Manga and Anime. It doesn't seem like anything Sasuke would say.

-ArV[/QUOTE]
Oooh thanx 4 telling me that! Sasuke said that in the first manga. :animestun

----------

[QUOTE=roxybudgy]@ RizaHawkeye

From episode 5: Sasuke wasn't talking about Kakashi, he was talking about his brother, Itachi.[/QUOTE] Hmm. I remember Kakashi. Oh well, guess I was wrong? :animeblus

[quote name='RizaHawkeye']Sasuke said that in the first manga.[/quote]

So I reread it...

Are you talking about when Sasuke was explaining his "dream"?
That was the first time they met Kakashi and the only time Sasuke refers to Itachi.

If you could be a bit more specific, that would be helpful.
The only reason I'm being so presistant is that I find it hard to believe that Sasuke would admit that he cried.

If anyone's read the latest Manga up to the most recent chapter, I'd like to know their comments on it. ^^

-ArV

[quote name='RizaHawkeye']Hmm. I remember Kakashi. Oh well, guess I was wrong? :animeblus[/quote][COLOR=DimGray]At first, I thought Sasuke was talking about Kakashi and I didn't learn until later in the series that he was really speaking about [spoiler]his brother, Itachi[/spoiler]. The way that its worded(in the copy that I read anyway, I read the official translation of the first volume of Naruto by VIZ because I asked for it for my birthday and I didn't know about downloading manga from online yet) it gives off the belief that Sasuke is speaking about a hatred towards Kakashi.

So, yeah, you were wrong, but if you ask me, its an easy mistake.[/COLOR]

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']You haven't even seen the dub yet! How do you know it will suck?[/quote]

well i have a dvd with the Chinese Dubs and the voices are all HIGH
and it just doesnt suit the character and most dubbed animes suck anyway ^^

Good thing Cartoon Network isn't using the same actors. ^^
The dubs do their best and you can't always assume that they're always going to suck. There are some dubs that are preferred over the originals.

Naruto, with a lot of luck, will be one of those. ^^

Like somebody said earlier, one of the worst problems with Narutards is that they hope for the worst. So don't expect the worst, and don't automatically judge until you actually see the dub.

On another note, who reads the scanlation to the manga here?
It's just getting good. I hope we can finally see Naruto's new move. They've been holding us in suspense for too long.

-ArV

Come on people... R2vq is right. I can't stand it when absolutely everywhere online that has aleast ten thousand people who have no hope for the dub. Think: Full Metal Alchemist. Better voices than the original. NOW, I'm asking for you to except the best voices that have ever blessed your friggin' ears, but at least don't bring everyone's hopes down. I depressed now... :animesigh

I, for one, have hope for the dub. I think that it has a chance, at least. Plus, if the dub comes out, and the voices suck, turn down the sound and put up the captions. ;) :p :rolleyes: :catgirl:

Also, I read the scanlations also, and it does severely rock. I reeeeally want to see his new Jutsu!!! :D

I also am excited in the direction of the scanlations...[spoiler]I figure Naruto and the crew will fight Itachi for a while and then we'll get a guest appearance by SASUKE!!! I really wanna see how he's changed. I never was a big Sasuke fan but I'm really interested to see his new outfit/jutsus.[/spoiler]

And on the topic of the dub, the June issue of [I]Shonen Jump[/I] has announced that it will be release in September '05 on Cartoon Network. I don't know how old this news is but noone seems to have posted about it so, there ya go.

[QUOTE=iluvsasuke]well i have a dvd with the Chinese Dubs and the voices are all HIGH
and it just doesnt suit the character and most dubbed animes suck anyway ^^[/QUOTE]

Well, the Chinese dub likely won't make it to the states legally. We'll just have a subbed version and an English dub of hopefully high quality.

[quote name='Cap'n]And on the topic of the dub, the June issue of [I]Shonen Jump[/I'] has announced that it will be release in September '05 on Cartoon Network. I don't know how old this news is but noone seems to have posted about it so, there ya go.[/quote]

Most people knew it'd be third quarter, but I don't know if anybody knew the exact date. Thx Cap'n. ^^

The most recent scanlation for the manga came out. It seems like another slow rollover chapter. We're still waiting for some [b]real[/b] action.
Of course the fight between [spoiler]Guy's team[/spoiler] and Hoshigaki had a bit of action, but the team that "the sibling" is on is just talking.
Hopefully next issue will be an improvement. ^^
The leader of "the sibling's" team seems to have gotten stronger.

-ArV

I just remembered.

Has anyone heard of the second Naruto movie?
It'll be out August 6 in Japan.

Link to ANN Article (kinda old)
[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6319[/url]

[quote]
In an ordinary village, Naruto, Shikamaru and Sakura were rescuing a stray child's pet, but in the midst of their deed, a young knight, "Temujin" attacks. During the battle, the three become separated.

Naruto challenges Temujin, and a terrible battle ensues, in the end Temujin and Naruto fall off a cliff.

Additionally, before Shikamaru's eyes, a massive battle fortress appears. In order to understand his situation, Shikamaru sneaks into the castle. But inside, Shikamaru witnesses a scene that he should be afraid of...
[/quote]

XD I still have to see the first movie.

-ArV

Some interesting stuff:

Anime Insider had an article about Naruto's editting. It says that VizPro and William's Street were making it for Adult Swim, but CN decided it would be more markettable on Toonami. This could mean lots of last-minute editting... or does it mean we'll end up with a slightly-cut version of an AS tape at a TV-PG? If the latter, I'll be one happy otaku!

Toonami and Cartoon Network don't do the editting.
If they believe that the series is mild enough to show a younger audience, I would think it's because they like the amount of censorship done.
I highly doubt the VizPro would change its dub to match Cartoon Network standards... I have this stance because of the following interview... I could be wrong of course, it's just how I interprete it.

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/columns/sunday.php?id=21[/url]

[quote][b]With some of the shows like Fullmetal Alchemist and Naruto, there?s going to be some serious bloodshed and impalings and that kind of stuff. How are you planning with dealing with that?[/b]

Actually, those shows are not edited by us. Toonami used to do a lot of premiere preparation, but over the years, we?ve sort of gotten out of that business, so these shows are going to come to us from the distributor. There?s going to have to be some sort of editorial that happens with the properties and I know that?s going to frustrate a lot of people, but it?s kind of the realism of the situation. There?s certain things that we just can?t do, like a lot of the more graphic violence. With things like sexual content, we?re limited in that we can?t show too much of it, so the show?s definitely going to have to be modified. But we always try to preserve the integrity of the work. But again, you make certain sacrifices to open up the property to a much larger audience. So that?s how we deal with it.[/quote]

-ArV

[color=darkslateblue] Hm...this is probably the first time I came into this thread. I'm surprised there isn't as much discussion about the actual anime. The last several episodes have really been mind-gnawing, as in I want to see the fight between Naruto and Sasuke. >_> Even though I'm probably missing the whole point...but still. *shuffles* Question: [spoiler] I have never really kept up with the Naruto manga, but does the anime follow the manga or does it go off on its own? [/spoiler]

Though I was always curious: I will assume that many people have downloaded fansubs of Naruto up until now (even after it was licensed I could very easily find places that were still distributing fansubs of current releases), so...why do so many people get upset over American dubbing and such? You have your fansubs. :/ [/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue']Question: I have never really kept up with the Naruto manga, but does the anime follow the manga or does it go off on its own?[/quote]

This doesn't need spoiler tags since it doesn't refer or reveal anything about the plot.
To answer your question, yes, the anime follows the manga pretty closely. The only deviations I could point out (other than minor changes here and there) are the filler episodes that are used so that the Anime doesn't catch up to the manga.

If you see an episode that doesn't contribute to the main plot [b]at all[/b] it probably wasn't in the manga.

[quote]so...why do so many people get upset over American dubbing and such? You have your fansubs. :/ [/color][/QUOTE]

A very, very good point. I like to think that I can see both sides of the argument here. ^^

Although the "subbies" will have their fansubs available and free, the creation of the official dub will herald a new wave of fans that many "subbies" may find annoying. Fans that only like the dubs are often referred to as "dubbies".
Also, many people are afraid that the company that has licensed the series will destroy whatever artistic vision of the creator by (a-translations that don't match what the "subbies" want) or (b-over popularity and overmarketting as we've seen with Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!).
Truth be told, I find that the nature of these people that vehemently attack the dubbing industry as annoying, and sometimes worse, than those they oppose. There are people that just wont listen to reason, or acknowledge facts and history. These people always assume the worst and, I find, only like the original because it's in a language they do not speak.

Heh, sorry. I ranted.

As you said Lunox, subbies have their subs. Nobody is forcing them to watch the dub.

-ArV

[quote name='r2vq']If they believe that the series is mild enough to show a younger audience, I would think it's because they like the amount of censorship done.[/quote]

Or maybe they'll actually use a PG version of Naruto to try getting serious with changing Toonami into a teen block. I mean, they're getting Quentin Tarentino to do IGPX, their next Toonami Original Production. If they want to do that, getting a PG Naruto should be a piece of cake. Remember, VizPro was pushing the show for AS from the start, despite CN's decision to put it on Toonami.

[color=darkred][size=1]

Wasn't [B]IGPX[/B] formerly a micro-series on Toonami way, way back in the day when it was showed during week days? Are they turning it into a full lenght show now or something?

It sounds likely Naruto will be on Toonami, seeing as how One Peice is on now, its seems likely to follow in it's foot steps seing as how their both Shonen Jump properties. But seeing all the violence in the Dragon Ball Series, the dismantlement of Outlaw Star, the high amount of sexual themes in the former Tenchi Muyo, and the gore from them combined (and Gundam 008th), I don't think Naruto will have to go through to much serious editting, except for a little more smoke around the Ninja Centerfold, maybe a little less blood fountain from the resulting nosebleeds and mutliple stab wounds, possibly a few less "Damn You's" and we'll have a show!

Its not like we have to worry about the Manga getting messed up, since there both about the same thing, so I'm happy as long as I get a glimpse. If I want to see what 'really' happens, I'll just crack open a volume. (Also, if anyone does Naruto's voice in the series, I think it should be the guy who did Cloud's voice in the original Zoids series. Thats always what I imagined his voice being like in the Manga.)

I'm thinking that Toonami will probably pick up Shaman King aswell. Who knows?[/color][/size]

[color=darkslateblue] *spasm and die* I just watched episode 132 raw, but it was still cool. :0 [spoiler]By the end, Kyuubi came out (as expected)...but I was especially happy because maybe now he'll kick Sasuke's ***. :D It got pretty sad at some parts for me, though. Naruto is probably my favorite character out of the anime, so um, I mourned for his mourning. I couldn't help it, there was a sad piano piece playing as the background music (I think). :3[/spoiler]

I think this show is battling for my 'favorite anime' spot. [/color]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]^
yes, the anime is currently my fav as well.

I really like the music for it to, especaily the openings for the 2nd season(season? hmmm im not sure what they are called) and the opening before the current one. The music during the show is amazing to. I love shikamaru's thinking music!!!

And for anyone whos reading the manga now...[spoiler]Yay I finally got to see Gai fight! I'm also kind of surprised that Itachi came out to fight Naruto..well I guess not I'll just be REALLY suprised if Sasuke doesn't show up to fight his brother. Either Itachi beats them or escapes or Sasuke interferes the fight and ends up fighting Itachi. There NEEDS to be some type of fight between Sasuke and Itachi in the second story, otherwise the whole thing with Sasuke getting power from Orochimaru would be pointless. Well anyways, Gais team is totally gonna kick (hmmm...I forgot his hame for now...but he has the fuzzy sword!) that guys ***! and on that note I leave.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[i]I really like the music for it to, especaily the openings for the 2nd season(season? hmmm im not sure what they are called) and the opening before the current one. The music during the show is amazing to. I love shikamaru's thinking music!!![/i]

[color=darkslateblue]I also like the opening to the current Naruto anime season...and the opening sequence itself. [spoiler]No more Sasuke![/spoiler] Hurray! :D I think I just natually hate the guy. But he can be lovable...[i]sometimes[/i]... But I also recently watched episodes 126-128, so I probably hate Sasuke more now. Even his evil laugh is lame.

As for the manga: [spoiler] I just read the latest chapter. I was never really interested in Itachi or Sasuke's little "I-need-revenge" romp (I think I died at one point when watching episodes 129-131), so it's just a passing thing for me to do when I'm bored. I was sort of 'what?' when I learned that using the Sharingan too much would make the eyesight go bad. What a crappy side effect. *sigh* I wish there was more of Gaara. >_>[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Lunox][spoiler']*sigh* I wish there was more of Gaara. >_>[/spoiler][/quote]
I totally agree with you. [spoiler]I was so excited about him being the Kazekage and his fight with Deidara was awesome. But he got demolished so quickly and now he looks all helpless getting Shukaku sucked out of him.[/spoiler] Makes me want to cry...almost...

[quote name='Cap'n]I totally agree with you. [spoiler]I was so excited about him being the Kazekage and his fight with Deidara was awesome. But he got demolished so quickly and now he looks all helpless getting Shukaku sucked out of him.[/spoiler'] Makes me want to cry...almost...[/quote]

[spoiler]Argh! I know! Poor Gaara?but then again, what will happen to him without Shukaku? Maybe he?ll learn some new moves or?possibly his strength could weaken considerably. I?m guessing that Gaara does not use Shukaku like Naruto uses Kyuubi. In episode 125 or 126 when Gaara was fighting the?bone guy (I forgot his name), he said he didn?t have a lot of charka left and performed that quicksand thing as a last attack. If Shukaku really did give him extra charka, he wouldn?t have had a problem. But? I think Gaara has a lot of strength alone. Although we can?t be sure. The manga or anime never really tells us what Shukaku contributes to Gaara.

Um, yeah. Well. I hope he doesn?t die. >_> I personally believe that Gaara is still conscious. I mean, a Kazekage unconscious for four days? Holy crap. And it was only one bomb.

*sigh* I hope Gai?s team or Naruto rescues him or something.

T_T[/spoiler]