OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

Zabuza x Haku hints?

They weren't homosexual... it was just that Zabuza acknowledged Haku for what he was.

-.o I don't think they have a reason to change Haku's gender. Like Dagger-dono said the relationship had to be blatantly homosexual, like the brother in Card Captor Sakura.
Though if they were going to hide even the hints, I'd say it'd be easier to hide them by cutting parts and changing dialogue, like they did with Sailor Uranus and Neptune.

And Dagger-dono, I thought you didn't like Naruto... o.o Something about no matter how much purple eye shadow Orochimaru has...

-ArV

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkGreen]i looove part 2 and how you get to see all of the characters after three years and how they have changed
WARING DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT READ UP TO ABOUT CH 250
sorry i dont know how to do that thing were you get all of the writing in black, still kind of a noob :rolleyes: could someone please tell me how?? Ill give you a cookie... I promise!!!
*makes nice guy pose*[/COLOR]

[spoiler]I REALLY want to see kakashis new move, and i think it will be very interesting to see kakashi naruto and sakura work now as a team. I also LOVED how they do the bell exercise again and how it ends... hilarious...[/spoiler] :D

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I also have a question:[/COLOR][spoiler]How does kakashi get the third shwoosh(cant think of what its called)? does he kill his best friend because kakshi doesnt seem like the type of person to do that. if so that is so sad :animecry: [/spoiler]

[QUOTE=r2vq]And Dagger-dono, I thought you didn't like Naruto... o.o Something about no matter how much purple eye shadow Orochimaru has...

-ArV[/QUOTE]
The episodes I've seen (which were, admittedly, pretty random) didn't exactly excite me. But then, I'll probably end up watching it on American TV if the dub is good and ShoPro doesn't do anything too awful... like giving it the Zatch Bell treatment. Of course I'm watching Zatch Bell despite that, so there you have it, I guess. :animeswea

Also, Itachi looks like my kind of character. :animesmil

I became more interested in Naruto after it was licensed, because it could do great things for the North American anime industry--if it's treated properly. And although I've been the one saying that it would take incredible idiocy to screw this up, the way ShoPro has been handling Zatch Bell is extremely discouraging. As far as I can tell, Zatch Bell is edited much, much more heavily than any other other series in its time block (can anyone confirm this?).

I find it hard to believe that such cuts were performed at Cartoon Network's request--they're almost akin to the kind of thing one would see in a 4Kids production. And the name changes are not just limited to the titular character becoming Zatch instead of Gash. Considering that Zatch Bell appears to be markedly less violent than Naruto (and that even this level of violence has been tweaked to make it appear less threatening), I'm starting to get a little concerned. :animedepr

[b]The Drizzle[/b], thank you for whiting out those spoilers. For future reference, you can create spoiler tags by typing [*spoiler]text[/spoiler], minus the asterisk. I'll edit them into your post.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=The Drizzle][spoiler]I REALLY want to see kakashis new move, and i think it will be very interesting to see kakashi naruto and sakura work now as a team. I also LOVED how they do the bell exercise again and how it ends... hilarious...[/spoiler] :D

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I also have a question:[/COLOR][spoiler]How does kakashi get the third shwoosh(cant think of what its called)? does he kill his best friend because kakshi doesnt seem like the type of person to do that. if so that is so sad :animecry: [/spoiler][/QUOTE]
[spoiler]No, no. If you'll take a closer look at Itachi's sharingan, you'll notice that Kakashi's is different than theirs. Itachi's tomes(as the 'shwooshes' are called) are connected, while Kakashi's are not. Kakashi originally started out with two tomes but apparently evolved the Sharingan to its gain its third tome at a later time.

Itachi's is the final stage of the Sharingan, the Mangekyo, while Kakashi's merely has three tomes.[/spoiler]

I hope that helped you a bit. If you need to know more, try [url=http://www.wikipedia.org]Wikipedia[/url]. They're a great online encyclopedia and I learned quite a bit I didn't quite catch while reading the manga.

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][color=blue]
Oh, and [SPOILER]Sasuke's a dick and Neji's teh awesome[/SPOILER]. There, I've said it. No one can argue with me, cause it's so true and no one can convince me otherwise. It'll be like arguing that the sky is green.[/color][/QUOTE]
[font=Trebuchet MS][color=DarkSlateGray]
Are you kidding me?!! [spoiler]Chouji totally pwns Neji any day.[/spoiler]

Yeah so I'm behind on posting in here. I will just go ahead and put it out there [spoiler]I cried during Chouji's fight. I mean, I bawled like a little girl. I've told Azure...so he knows. ^__^

Now, more recently, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO did not see the whole Sand-nin comeback ermmm.....comming. But I will say, the fight with Temari was so cool. I knew there was a reason I liked her so much. And it may just be my fangirlishness talking, but does anyone else see the possibility of Temari and Shikamaru getting together? Think about it, Shikamaru's father is the same as Shikamaru, and he needed a strong, controlling woman in order to settle down and fall in love. So, why shouldn't Temari be the one to control Shikamaru? ^__^

I was really upset with Naruto in his fight with Kimimaru. I mean, the kid has the nine-tails demon sealed inside of him, thus giving him some freakin' awesome power. And yet, he didn't get to use any of it, other than Kage Bunshin. The entire series is based off of Naruto growing and learning his strength, but when it comes time to prove himself, he runs away. Granted he runs because he is really after Sasuke. But why didn't he fight like he fights with Sasuke or Neji or anyone else. Why make him totally suck when it comes to his fight with Kimimaru?

Speaking of Kimimaru.....oh my gah he is so cool. Had I not been looking at character biographies and saw him when I was only on episode 90-ish, I never EVER would have guessed they could come up with something so crazy and completely amazing. No wonder Orochimaru likes him so much. Out of all the badguys, he has GOT to be the coolest. No one can argue any different.

As for drunken Rock Lee........I haven't laughed so hard since Chouji beat Akamaru to the last potatoe chip. ^__^

Now that almost my entire post is blacked out, I think I'm done. ^__^[/color][/font] [/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Haze][font=Trebuchet MS][color=DarkSlateGray] [spoiler]I was really upset with Naruto in his fight with Kimimaru. I mean, the kid has the nine-tails demon sealed inside of him, thus giving him some freakin' awesome power. And yet, he didn't get to use any of it, other than Kage Bunshin. The entire series is based off of Naruto growing and learning his strength, but when it comes time to prove himself, he runs away. Granted he runs because he is really after Sasuke. But why didn't he fight like he fights with Sasuke or Neji or anyone else. Why make him totally suck when it comes to his fight with Kimimaru?

As for drunken Rock Lee........I haven't laughed so hard since Chouji beat Akamaru to the last potatoe chip. ^__^

Now that almost my entire post is blacked out, I think I'm done. ^__^[/color][/font] [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Ya that kinda pissed me off to. But I think that naruto wasnt using all of his potential because he was saving all of his energy for his fight with sasuske. i dont think he exactly saw the fight coming, but i think he knew that he needed to conserve his energy for something...

I also was kinda happy and kinda dissapointed by the end of the whole arc, saga, whatever. I mean everyone getting healed and stuff is cool and im happy they didnt die, but that just kinda ruined the sacrifice that they made. any other thoughts?

as for the fight with rock lee...
...greatest...fight...ever...:P[/spoiler]

[quote name='DDG][spoiler']Itachi's and Sasuke's are the final stage of the Sharingan, the Mangekyo, while Kakashi's is merely the third stage.[/spoiler][/quote]

Hey DDG,

I checked the scanlation just now and I can't find what you're talking about. In his most recent fight I can see Sasuke with [spoiler]the Sharingan with the third tome, but he definately doesn't have the Mangekyou Sharingan, Itachi's level.[/spoiler]

Where did you see it DDG?

Haze,
I believe the [spoiler]relationship between Nara Shikamaru and Temari is probably what the author intended XP.[/spoiler] There is so much hinting for that. XP

-ArV

Ah, that was my mistake, sorry. [spoiler]I realized after I got offline that Sasuke had just developed the third tome and did not have the Mangekyo Sharingan yet.[/spoiler] I would have edited my post, but I sort of forgot. Guess that's what I get for having a bad memory for certain things.

*edits earlier post*

[QUOTE=Kawaii Seth]Yes... I do. Here they are!

Sasuke: Seto Kaiba from YGO

Sakura: Misty from Pok'emon

Naruto: Vash from Trigun

Kakashi: Spike from Cowboy Bebop

I don't really like the choices... but no one said that I have to watch the dubbed version in the first place. ^.^[/QUOTE]

I've been looking all around, but I haven't found anything similar to this.
Can anybody actually verify these actors as the English VAs? A news article would be useful. It seems like this is just speculation.

So according to Kawaii Seth:

Sasuke: Eric Stuart
Sakura: Rachel Lillis
Naruto: Johnny Bosch Yong
Kakashi: Steven Jay Blum

DDG: Typo, we all do it. ^^;;

-ArV

[QUOTE=Havokio][COLOR=Indigo]My favorite has to be Rock Lee.

I would type why, but I don't know how to Black Border it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Read the sticky about spoilers in the anime section. It's got an easy tutorial on adding [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]spoiler tags[/URL] .[/COLOR]

im obsessed with naruto. i discovered it several months ago and ever since then i cant stop watching. it has pretty much everything you can ask for and i love how it touches all of your emotions. if the poll was still open i would definitely vote for Lee. he is my favorite character because even though he was so disadvantaged, he became such an amazing ninja. the jounins were crapping their pants once they saw him without his leg weights. yea, hes that d*mn good.

I know that ShoPro licensed Naruto, but will they actually dub it? I've heard rumors (from non-parody sites) that Naruto will be called Nathan and that the show will be dubbed by 4 kids Entertainment.

Also, I heard that it will air on Cartoon Network in late 2005. Is any of this true?

:animestun

God I hope not! Changing Naruto (Otaku Anime Sensation! In Arizona anyway!) into NATHAN!? I'll stick to sub thank you!

Note: I doubt that anyone could stoop that low. I'll ask my club (they have CONNECTIONS) if this is true or not. If someone here tells you before hand, than that's okay, too.

Naruto has its own thread and usually questions about the series are posted in that thread.
I'm not sure, but a moderator may move this thread to join the official Naruto thread.

To answer your queston, I've seen no news saying that 4kids would be doing Naruto.
ShoPro has licensed Naruto, and they've just fused with Viz.

I have a question, has 4kids ever licensed anime that aired on Cartoon Network?

Finally. I sincerely doubt they will change the main character's name to "Nathan" if the name of the show is still "Naruto".

Nathan will air third quarter 2005 on Cartoon Network.

-ArV

ps. Didn't somebody point out that in the press release they used the names "Sasuke" "Sakura"?

This is the worst symptom of Narutarditis: always hoping for the worst.

Seriously, it almost seems people WANT Naruto to be butchered up! Want to know the truth? It won't be. Even Zatch Bell despite crappy editting gets away with violence if it affects the plot and ultimately if we get away with all of the plot-affecting violence on Naruto that would actually make Naruto the most violent show on Toonami since Yuyu Hakusho and Kenshin! Seriously, Yuyu Hakusho and Kenshin in their uncut forms were way more violent than Naruto uncut and even some Kenshin EDITTED scenes are on par with Naruto. Seriously, the show won't need much editting! And if you are afraid it will get excess editting, it won't.

These are the facts about Naruto's current position:

VizPro has Naruto. 4Kids doesn't have anything to do with Naruto. If they did, it would go to 4KidsTV first, but since it isn't, and therefore 4Kids doesn't have it. ShoPro has their hands full at the moment, so Viz will be dubbing it. Everything Viz has dubbed up to now has had a faithful dub with OK actors and minimal diolauge changes. Naruto shouldn't be any different. At the Cartoon Network Upfront, the series was called Naruto. They even showed a commercial they were making for Naruto, which had Peter Cullen call Naruto "Naruto". Therefore it can't be called "Nathan". The show hasn't even announced its cast yet and anything anyone says who doesn't work for Viz is false. The artists who did the soundtrack want their work to be released. Therefore the music won't be changed. That press release you saw was released on April 1st by an American company. That should tell you something.

finally, some adequate information, no offense to ladyarianrod but you should've posted a quote or something from one of the sites you say you've heard this from so it was at least believable, hearing Naruto being called Nathan is just so farfetched and I definitely don't think a company (which ever one owns rights to it) would alter the show so much before deciding to play it, no one would watch it

I don't think it was an April Fool's joke, but I suppose I should have listed a site. Thank you for responding, everyone.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if Viz was going to dub Naruto or not. Apparently, another company may acquire the show.

If not, we'll still see Naruto on CN by August or September.

[quote name='ladyarianrod']Anyway, I wasn't sure if Viz was going to dub Naruto or not. Apparently, another company may acquire the show.[/quote]

It's already on their official website. Why would you doubt [URL=http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/2005/02_naruto.php]the proof?[/URL]

[b]iluvsasuke[/b], please attempt to bring up your post quality; so far, your posts have been treading dangerously close to being spam. At OB, we place a strong emphasis on using proper spelling and punctuation, which greatly aids the flow & fluency of any discussion. If you have any questions about this, feel free to private message me or one of the other staff members. Thanks.

Anyway, there's no need to use "if" in regard to Naruto's dub. It's going to happen. Ideally, it will be good, but things don't always work out for the best. At the same time, I think it makes more sense to avoid judging it until you hear it for yourself.

~Dagger~

[quote name='EVA Unit 100]It's already on their official website. Why would you doubt [URL=http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/2005/02_naruto.php']the proof?[/URL][/quote]

I didn't check the site before reading your post, actually. :animeswea

I heard that Viz often works closely with 4Kids entertainment (Shaman King, One Piece), so I wasn't sure.

[quote name='ladyarianrod']I heard that Viz often works closely with 4Kids entertainment (Shaman King, One Piece), so I wasn't sure.[/quote]

They only have the manga licenses for SK and OP. They have both the manga license and the anime license for Naruto.

Here's something me and my friends are thinking about: Is Naruto going to be put in English and come out on Cartoon Network? Somebody told me that one time, but I'm not sure. I'm a Naruto fan myself, and it would be nice if they did that.
Also, you know how Sasuke said, "I want to kill Kakashi. He made me cry." or something of that sort, I kinda don't get this because I haven't read the whole series.

RizaHawkeye,
try reading some of the earlier posts in this thread.

Yes, Naruto will be on Cartoon Network in English this year.
As for what you said about Sasuke, please state which part of the story he said that. I don't remember that at all, and I've gotten pretty far with the series, both Manga and Anime. It doesn't seem like anything Sasuke would say.

-ArV