SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mmmmpizza!']does anyone know what that message at the begining of 145 meant?[/quote]
I'm not sure what you mean since I don't watch the anime anymore. But, according to narutofan.com TVTokyo isn't going to show a Naruto episode next week. Instead they are going to show the Naruto movie. This might be it.

[quote=Narutofan.com]Naruto Movie to air in place of Episode 146
Reported by: Tazmo on Friday, July 29th, 2005 at 12:47AM
The last episode of the Naruto anime series contained no preview (but only because that's the way the RAW came out) and many people wondered what is up for the anime coming next week on August 3rd. We can say that there will not be an Episode 146 from the series, at least not until August 10th. In place of a normal Naruto episode, TV Tokyo will do something that would be unheard of in the USA, playing the Naruto movie that came out just last August in theaters, at 7PM August 3rd. Yes, this is the same movie that we all had to wait to see until this past April, and can be downloaded via BitTorrent [/quote]

[quote name='Otaku America']The characters are great but the way the story progesses in the anime is poorly done. My major complaint are the unnecessary flashback scenes and there are a substantial amount of them.[/quote]
It is annoying, the amount of flashbacks used. The amount of time wasted in the anime is really bad, especially if their only purpose is to give the manga a little further to go without being caught up to.... That's part of the reason I stopped watching the Anime. The manga is more exciting ^^

[quote name='Dagger']And no, I still don't care for Naruto, but it makes for decent background viewing while I'm drying my hair.[/quote]
Don't worry Dagger, you can get into it XP just watch/read from the beginning. And be devoted!!

-ArV

[quote name='r2vq']Recently, they have been putting the Japanese names, haven't they? It's been a while since I read the magazine, but the last one I bought had the Japanese name + the translation in brackets beneath it.[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]HEY! You're right! I don't know how I missed that... :animeswea[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Dagger]I was in Japan recently (just got home last night, as a matter of fact), so that's why I was able to see it on TV. And no, I still don't care for Naruto, but it makes for decent background viewing while I'm drying my hair. :animesmil

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS]... at least you got to see it... I'm still waiting to see it for myself. Give it a chance! You'll learn to love it! ;)

And, lastly, Sasori...[spoiler] is a freaking pupeet!!![/spoiler] I knew it!!!! Totally saw it coming. :cool: [/FONT][/I][/COLOR]

Guest Kage:XXIX
[color=olive]Ah, the joy of Naruto...

My knowledge and experience is limited to the few Manga episodes I've been able to download.
BitTorrent's been a bnitch. It keeps disconnecting my internet connection.

Er...
Bad translation.

BUT.
Naruto is awesome nonetheless. As many have also said, I love the way that the vibe can go from deadly serious to comic in seconds; and you're never bored by the storyline.
Well, not TOO much, in any case.
I also rather like 666Satan, by the author's brother.[/color].

W00t! Finally YTV has an air date for Naruto!

And finally Canada will air something before the United States. ^^

[QUOTE=ANN]YTV Naruto Date (2005-08-07 10:36:18)
Shonen Jump's latest Newsblast stated, "What?s the difference between Canada and the United States? Well, it?s further north, it?s colder and? it gets the Naruto anime one day earlier. Yes, that?s right, Naruto will debut on Canadian network YTV on September 9, 2005, at 9:30pm." Thanks to Monkey for pointing this out.[/QUOTE]

and [quote=Tastu]
And, lastly, Sasori...
[/quote]

Sasori was great. ^^ Ah... did you finally see him fight? I'm not sure if that was fire, but that was just shway.

Edit:

[QUOTE=Toonami Infolink]Naruto DVDs will be released starting in March. At first, it'll be the edited-for-Toonami version with 4 episodes per disc. New DVDs every other month.
Starting in July of 2006, Uncut boxsets will be released in sets of 13 episodes each. According to convention attendants, the boxsets will be very reasonably priced - at $20 to $30 per set.[/QUOTE]

Not bad, $20-$30 for 13 Episodes. Not bad at all.
Actually, that's USD. Never mind. >.<

Edit: BUMP

argh. >.< [b]Stupid YTV Can't Do Anything Right.[/b]
According to Narutofan and ANN
They're showing Naruto [b]one week later[/b]. And are, instead, showing an extra episode of Inuyasha. This'll put Canada, again, behind the United States. This time by [b]two weeks[/b] unless they decide to show an hour long special.

-ArV

Good grief. $30 for 13 episodes? Is Viz [i]trying[/i] to lose money on this series? I just find that amusing because it approximately matches Bandai's price point for Avenger, a 13 episode show that they've all but admitted was not the best licensing choice. Cheaper prices (the better to compete with live-action box sets, and all that) might be just the thing to put some life into the market... still, I hope they know what they're doing. :animeswea

~Dagger~

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! I love naruto its such a cool series but i missed a whole lot of stuff since ive seen episodes 26 to 50 and i read episode 1 in shonen jump and im so confused alittle but im definetly and hopefully getting the rest of the series cause i like it sooo much , my fav naruto character is GARAA all the way he rox ^.^

Well whatever there going to do with Naruto in the near future weather it be the new eps airing on Cartoon network. the new ones that are going to soon be sold, or whatever it is. We will all know that Naruto is still overall and forever will be a great manga.

Guest psyconorikan
I love Naruto, definately one of my favorite animes ^^ I can't to see it on american television. It won't be as good as the original but it's still gonna be awesome to see ^^

Ive also gotten Naruto on bittorrent, as well as found a free manga online. I am currently up to the part where [spoiler]Naruto learns his new special attack from the Super Prevent Genin(cant think of name at the moment lol), and they are trying to convince the lady to become the new Hokage. So just after Sasuke came to find Naruto, and faced off with his brother and got beat up. The Pervert Genin saved them so bad with his Inside the Stomach technique(the manga i read uses an american translation sort of) and then Sasuke's brother is like oh no run away!! Yeah I make a lot of sense. :D[/spoiler] Rock Lee is so cool, everyone fears the [spoiler]LOTUS TECHNIQUE RARR!! And when he opened up the four doors to fight Gaara that was awesome too![/spoiler] I'll stop ranting now... :p

WoWLeroyJenkins don't you mean Perverted Sennin?

Genin are very low level Ninja. Sennin means Hermit. When Naruto calls him "Ero-Sennin" he's calling him "Perverted Hermit".

He's also one of the Densetsu no Sannin (Legendary Three Ninjas), the other two being [spoiler]Orochimaru and Tsunade[/spoiler].* Which made it confusing for me at first.

Jiraiya can't be a Genin because he was already a Jounin and the teacher of [spoiler]Yondaime Hokage-sama.[/spoiler] ^^.

*I guess it's not really a spoiler. But I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. >.>

-ArV

Yeah that is all good and all... but one thing that has REALLY got me down lately is all these damn filler episodes that they are having in the Anime that wernt in the Manga. I mean i know that at the rate it was going the Anime was going to surpass the Manga one day but...who cares! I was expecting to [spoiler] SEE the Akasuki steal gaara after he became the kazekage and everyone else two and a half years older![/spoiler] That is the one thing in naruto that has really got me in the dumps lately. :animesigh

Well, although it's really good to see the Anime continue, and it's a big drag having to wait out filler-arcs while the plot is on hold, I'd rather there be filler episodes than a drain in the plot.

If Naruto were to continue and surpass the Manga, they would have to have different stories and would become completely different. Isn't that was X/1999 did when they finished the X Anime before the Manga?

The Manga has such a great story that it would be such a waste, and a tragedy not to see it in its full coloured Animated form.

-ArV

Guest DARKCHIBI-CHAN
I haven't seen the anime series(Though I wish I could)
But I've sure read the mangas!(Though I've skiped some volumes :animeswea ) It is funny has action and well...it's the best!
I want to see the series though!(As I said before)

[color=darkslateblue] I don't mind the fillers. Well. I don't even watch them, actually. But I'd rather wait it out than for the anime creators to make up a new tangent and stray away from the manga. It happened to Fullmetal Alchemist, although I can't give an opinion on anything as I've never read the FMA manga.

But- does anyone know when the anime will go back to the real plot?[/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Well I dont know when the fillers are going to end. I hope that they will end very very soon because there are still parts of the manga that a really want to see in an amine form. The fillers are somewhat intresting in the fact that you dont know what is going to happen in them, but it also has the drawbacks of making major fans have to wait a whole lot longer for it to get back on track.

As far as Naruto airing on Cartoon Network goes. I'm not going to watch them. I mean if i have all of the episodes what exactly is the point of watching a scaled down for younger viewers version of naruto. I will probaly check in every now and then for an episode, but other than that there is no reason to watch it anyways.[/COLOR]

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']As far as Naruto airing on Cartoon Network goes. I'm not going to watch them. I mean if i have all of the episodes what exactly is the point of watching a scaled down for younger viewers version of naruto. I will probaly check in every now and then for an episode, but other than that there is no reason to watch it anyways.[/COLOR][/quote]
That's one of the biggest arguments lots of Anime Fans have against Fansubs. Since people "own" the fansubs, they have no reason to watch the series on Television or shell out for the DVDs. >.> I've seen practically every episode, save for the ones I skipped because I read the corresponding Manga chapters, but I still plan to buy the DVDs.

In my opinion, you can't call yourself a true fan of the series if you're just going to obtain the episodes illegally. A true fan would try to support the franchise and the series they love so much.

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]In my opinion, you can't call yourself a true fan of the series if you're just going to obtain the episodes illegally. A true fan would try to support the franchise and the series they love so much.

-ArV[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I agree with you, but it depends. I use the method of obtaining fansubs as a way to sample products, especially products that may never reach the US. My opinion of the shows AFTER the sampling determines whether or not I'll purchase it in the future.

For example, I am currently enjoying [B]Honey & Cove[/B]r very much. I have pretty much decided to puchase the series once it hits the US. With [B]Tactics[/B], on the other, that was a complete waste of my life. The anime as plain horrible, but the manga is still wonderful. Therefore, I do not consider myself a complete leech, you know *^_^*

*ahem*

I am currently watching [B]Naruto[/B] on fansub -- but am still not caught up to the current releases yet. I DO plan to check out the version on [B]Cartoon Network[/B], AND if it's decent then I will watch it as well. Hopefully, it will NOT turn out like [B]One Piece[/B] -- that...that was just too painful for me. [B]Groove Adventure Rave[/B] was another good show from fansub....but it was also horribly kiddi-fied when it came to the US -- it angers me. :animeangr [/COLOR]

Monkey Orange, I'm with you. I don't like buying things that I have no idea about. I'm hoping to buy Naruto because I already know that I like it.

lol, I guess that means I'm not a risk taker when it comes to my money.

<==== Edit

Viz has released the Voice Actors List for Naruto. ^^

[Quote=ANN]Kate Higgins as [B]Sakura[/B]
Maile Flanagan as [B]Naruto[/B]
Yuri Lowenthal as [B]Sasuke[/B]
Dave Wittenberg as [B]Kakashi[/B]
Stephanie Sheh as [B]Hinata Hyuuga[/B]
Cindy Robinson as [B]Tsunami[/B]
Colleen O'Shaughnessey as
[B]Ino Yamanaka[/B]
[B]Konohamaru[/B]
Doug Ehrholtz as [B]Asuma[/B]
Fred Tatasciore as [B]Gato[/B]
Kirk Thornton as [B]Tazuna[/B]
Quinton Flynn as [B]Iruka[/B]
Robbie Rist as [B]Choji[/B]
Steve Kramer as [B]Hokage[/B]
Steven Blum as [B]Zabuza[/B]
Tom Gibbas as [B]Shikamaru[/B][/QUOTE]

-ArV

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]*sigh* The most sorries thing for me is that I don't even know who any of those people are. I have herd a long time ago that some of the people who are going to be on the cast of naruto are people from pokemon. I still however have no cluewhatsoever on who any of those people are. O well there is still enough time for me to find out I hope.

As another fact im still planing to buy the Naruto Anime on dvd. Due to the plain fact that its really easier to watch something when you understand what there saying instead of reading the subtitles. I am going to decide if I'm going to decide later on if im still going to buy the DVD depending on if the version there going to sell is the good old version, or the one made form Cartoon Network. I mean you are right that if you truly are a fan of an anime series you should do your best to support it...Maby thats why i have 5 headprotecters, an ANBU mask and a Suna Jounnin outfit also...?[/COLOR]