OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

To add 'black it out' use the spoiler tags.
Put [spoiler.] at the beginning. Put [/spoiler.] at the end. BUT take away the periods.

I think if Sasuke could use kuchiyose no jutsu, Sakura should be able to use kuchiyose no jutsu. It's the only way to make it fair, unless Kishimoto-kamisama is being sexist again.

^^ I've had a lot of respect for Sakura ever since she [spoiler]'faught' against Kakashi. Narut's plan was pretty good too. XD.

It's too bad though. I don't think I've seen much example of growth since then. Naruto seems to be his old self, and Sakura hasn't seemed to increase anything but skill. Although that in itself is impressive, she hasn't done anything that really impresses me.[/spoiler]

What do you guys think?

-ArV

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well [spoiler]I agree, they haven't changed too much, except their jutsus but I guess that's just because they're the characters we've grown to know and love. hmm but change is always good too. So if Sakura can summon the slug then they'd be just like the new frog, slug, and snake. Except... Naruto's a fox. :?
Hmmm did anyone read chapter 264 yet? I just did and I don't know if Gaara died or not I mean, why did she have the bird swallow him if he was already dead? I thought they already finished extracting?[/spoiler]

I'm not sure. Maybe they still need him for something.

I really want to see the [spoiler]Naruto "Clone Wars"[/spoiler] XD.
[spoiler]That little argument between the two Akatsuki was funny. I'd like to see that in Anime. XD You could see Kakashi sweatdrop.[/spoiler]

-ArV

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think the Chapter Title Page Pic for Chapter 266 was awesome. Kyuubi Naruto looked really good there! But to the point, Sasori had the freakin' [spoiler]Kazekage[/spoiler] right after they talked about him!!! :animedepr

How'd he do that?!? :animestun [/FONT][/COLOR]

The manga really [i]is[/i] getting to a good part. ^^

A friend of mine was shocked at the [spoiler]third Kazekage[/spoiler] but I wasn't too surprised. Kishimoto does this a lot; whenever somebody is about to appear, or about to fight, somebody else is proclaiming "how strong they are".

So if you ever see somebody in Naruto saying "That guy is the strongest ever!" that means he's about to fight. XD

I was really shocked at [spoiler]Sasori's appearance! Dude! He's so young! I wonder how he does it... "Dead-man cold cream"? XD[/spoiler]

-ArV

The only thing that I'll accept from this anime is its manga only. Yesterday, I thought to myself, "What the hell is Naruto", I mean is this anime even worth it. When I watch it, I'll be blow away for now, but head will start telling me that this show SUCKS BADLY.

What a big twist!!

They're making you [spoiler]hate and hate Sasori more and more aren't they?[/spoiler]
267 is a really good fight with great plot revelations...

Ooooo... I still wonder what anti-aging cream he uses though.

-ArV

So where do you guys watch Naruto anyway? I can't seem to find episodes below 121 on the internet.

So yeah, I haven't watched the anime, but I LOVE the manga :D! It's the funniest thing XD! If I ever need a good laugh I turn to Naruto.

I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I'm glad Naruto is coming to Toonami this fall. Although I don't know how the editting's gonna go (since it's showing on Toonami they got alot to edit). I'm still dying to see it regardless.

Guest reikenji
i think you only watched the first episode, sadly to say the first few episode of Naruto Sucks , but other than that succesive of episode of naruto really rocks, especially the battle between naruto and gaara.. you must that episode where the ninja of sound country attacked konoha.... oh well bye...

:animestun

I'll agree with most of your post. The first saga of Naruto, although enough to hook me, pales in comparison to the rest of the series. It's important for plot and character information, but is slow, repetitive, and fundamentally boring.

The series is like wine. It gets better as it ages. My favourite saga is the current Manga saga. The fight between Sasori and the Leafs is very, very good. Like Tatsubei Yagyu said, I would've forgotton about Sasuke if Sasori didn't mention him!

I almost forgot about Hinata. >.< My theory is her hair will be longer.

-ArV

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My guess is that Kishimoto hasn't decided how all the characters would look yet...

But my favorite part so far was the Chuunin Prelims. mostly cause you got to see all the characters fight finally (I'm mostly talking about Shino, though :animeswea ). But I really love the current arc, cause we'll finally figure out what the hell they want with the Tail Beasts.

By the way, I profer to be called "Tatsu." ;) [/FONT][/COLOR]

At their ComicCon panel, Viz made some announcements about the upcoming Naruto DVDs. The individual DVDs, which will begin coming out in March 2006, are going to be [b]edited[/b] (the TV version, presumably). However, uncut box sets of 13 episodes each will start coming out in July 2006. At first this bothered me--but now, thinking it over, it's actually a fairly good idea. They can play to one crowd with the singles and to another with the box sets; it would be uncharacteristic of Viz to go all-out and make the sets extremely cool (you know, with nice packaging and extras and such), but hope springs eternal.

Plus, this way we won't have two versions of what is approximately the same content (uncut single DVDs & edited single DVDs) simultaneously competing for shelf space. And it sounds a heck of a lot more palatable than the release schedule they apparently have set up for Hikaru no Go... a new four-episode disc every three months. :animedepr

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger]The individual DVDs, which will begin coming out in March 2006, are going to be [b]edited[/b'] (the TV version, presumably). However, uncut box sets of 13 episodes each will start coming out in July 2006.[/quote]

I think this is a great idea. It makes the soccer moms happy as well as the "otaku" community. Especially if they put different ratings on the packages.

What I'm afraid of, though, is that things may get a bit confusing with two different versions of the series released. Many people may star proclaiming the series as 'evil', like many in the past, if they show their children the wrong version.

[quote name='Dagger']And it sounds a heck of a lot more palatable than the release schedule they apparently have set up for Hikaru no Go... a new four-episode disc every three months.[/quote]

Any word on the Naruto release schedule?

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu]My guess is that Kishimoto hasn't decided how all the characters would look yet...

But my favorite part so far was the Chuunin Prelims. mostly cause you got to see all the characters fight finally (I'm mostly talking about Shino, though ). But I really love the current arc, cause we'll finally figure out what the hell they want with the Tail Beasts.

By the way, I profer to be called "Tatsu."[/QUOTE]

OK Tatsu. ;)

I always thought they wanted the "tailed beasts" because they were that powerful. The power that the beasts possess have caused many wars in the past. What I'm curious about is what the other beasts will look like. We've seen Kyuubi and the Ichibi(?) Shukaku. I'm wondering about the other seven, including the [spoiler]two captured already.[/spoiler]

Even if he hasn't decided, I hope he's made a good change like he did for [spoiler]Sakura and Neji[/spoiler]. Not leaving the character almost the same like he did for [spoiler]Rock Lee and TenTen[/spoiler].

-ArV

[quote name='r2vq']Any word on the Naruto release schedule?[/quote]Single DVDs will come out every other month. If they stick to the pattern established by the first individuals --> box set interval, then new box sets will be released after each string of approximately three or so DVDs.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]Well, I guess he kinda tried to make Lee look more like Gai because as we all know, he's his idol. But he should of made Tenten look more different. But he never really focused on Ten Ten at all really... if you remember when she was fighting in the Chuunin Prelims., he focused on Sakura and Ino's conversion. :( I mean, Neji and Lee both had their pictures on the covers of the volumes they fought in, and Lee had like 5-6 chapters with his awesome fight vs. Gaara. :D

Then he made Temari chunk her off her fan! :mad: But I just noticed, the only thing she said was how Kakashi looked better than Gai... :animedepr

Poor, poor Tenten.. :animesigh

I kinda angry that they still haven't shown the other two main rookie teams other than Shikamaru, but it'd be pretty odd to put them in the way things are going right now...

Sasori: Heh, which ones going to die?

???:Kaiten!!! (Blocks all the sand)

Sakura: !!! Hinata! Kiba! Shino! You came!

Kiba: Yep! The Fifth send us.

Shino:...We'll handle the rest.

Hehehe...one can only wish... :animeswea

[/font][/color][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS](Sorry for double-posting, but no esle is saying nothin' ;))

In the lastest chapter (269), I was totally expecting Sakura to use Kuchiyose no Jutsu when she had her hands together. :animecry:

But, man! Naruto better not piss her off now, he could end up dead... :animedepr

[/font][/color][COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your two posts together. If you want to post in a thread but yours is the last reply, what I'd suggest is to copy the stuff in your first post, delete it, then post that and the new reply into the new post. That way it's all kept and you haven't double-posted, heh. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

I stumbled across what I believe was a Naruto re-run earlier today, and I was wondering if someone could tell me which episode I watched. It couldn't have been a new episode, as the time slot was all wrong. The OP sequence had a brief segment of Naruto & Sasuke nostalgia; most of the episode was a very drawn-out fight between (the spoiler tags are just in case) [spoiler]a bishounen-ish guy with silver eyes & the swirly leaf insignia and a rather icky guy with six arms & the sound insignia. It looked like things would turn out rather badly for the former, but it ended on a cliffhanger.[/spoiler]

Yeah, I'm just curious. :animesmil

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]I stumbled across what I believe was a Naruto re-run earlier today, and I was wondering if someone could tell me which episode I watched. It couldn't have been a new episode, as the time slot was all wrong. The OP sequence had a brief segment of Naruto & Sasuke nostalgia; most of the episode was a very drawn-out fight between (the spoiler tags are just in case) [spoiler]a bishounen-ish guy with silver eyes & the swirly leaf insignia and a rather icky guy with six arms & the sound insignia. It looked like things would turn out rather badly for the former, but it ended on a cliffhanger.[/spoiler]

Yeah, I'm just curious. :animesmil

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][color=#666666]I don't know the exact episode number(somewhere in the early 100's, maybe?), but the episode is one from the fight between [spoiler]Neji(guy with the silver eyes) and Kidoumaru(icky, icky spider dude *shudders*).[/spoiler][/FONT][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]I gotta throw two of my kunai knifes in.

Man I just love this anime.
[Naruto & Gang Kills Some Serious Butt]

So far I've seen all episode up-to-date. from epi# 1-144
The next episode is #145

The OST 1,2,3 and the Movie OST are Awesome Too!!!

I JUST CAN"T GET ENOUGH OF NARUTO!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Indeed. I'm really hopeful about it coming to Toonami...

I seriously hope the voices are well done. I can just imagine what they might do to Rock Lee...

"Hmmm...He has funny eyebrows, so let's make him talk funny as well."

:animeshy:

uhhh....And hopefully the jutsu names are ok, too, as I doubt they will use the actual japanese names, because they didn't in the Manga in Shonen Jump.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Oh My!

XD Chapter 269 explained Sasori very well! I didn't get it when I read the LQ version.

[QUOTE]And hopefully the jutsu names are ok, too, as I doubt they will use the actual japanese names, because they didn't in the Manga in Shonen Jump.[/quote]

Recently, they have been putting the Japanese names, haven't they? It's been a while since I read the magazine, but the last one I bought had the Japanese name + the translation in brackets beneath it.

[QUOTE]I stumbled across what I believe was a Naruto re-run earlier today, and I was wondering if someone could tell me which episode I watched. It couldn't have been a new episode, as the time slot was all wrong.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Dagger, I thought you didn't like Naruto... something about 'no matter how much eye shadow somebody has' XP
And... what do you mean by rerun and time slot? Was this broadcasted?
But yeah, it was the Neji battle that DDG was talking about.

edit: I just skimmed through the RAW for 270. Sakura really has gotten stronger. ^^. That profile closeup on her eye [spoiler](after she destroyed the puppet)[/spoiler] was wicked sexy.

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]Wow, Dagger, I thought you didn't like Naruto... something about 'no matter how much eye shadow somebody has' XP
And... what do you mean by rerun and time slot? Was this broadcasted?
But yeah, it was the Neji battle that DDG was talking about.[/QUOTE]
I was in Japan recently (just got home last night, as a matter of fact), so that's why I was able to see it on TV. And no, I still don't care for Naruto, but it makes for decent background viewing while I'm drying my hair. :animesmil

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Navy]I have this love/hate thing for Naruto. The characters are great but the way the story progesses in the anime is poorly done. My major complaint are the unnecessary flashback scenes and there are a substantial amount of them.

Flashback sequences should only be used to tell a character's past, motivation, and a backstory. Instead most of these flashback sequences are just there to fill up the alloted time slot. I would recommend Hunter X Hunter over this, even though Naruto does have its moments.[/COLOR]